It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under The Coop

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Fair enough... you have your reasons for how you feel about lying.. and I have my reasons for why I feel the way I do about bitter revenge.

I once had a friend ( now an ex friend) who carried his bitterness for wrongs ( some imagined and some exaggerated) to a point of ridiculousness. He has lost all his friends and family over his shenanigans and trying to “payback” the imagined wrong doers.

It is sad to see, actually ... and so many of us wish he could learn to let things go.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
First the Wren and now a Hummingbird.
Perched on the feeder a very sorry looking little juvenile Hummer was being attacked by the other more vibrant Hummers. it almost fell off the feeder and didn't move of fly at all, nor drank. So I went out and it let me take it into my hands with out a struggle.

Humming birds are tiny and juveniles are, well shall we say very small. It perked up a little in the cookie jar I placed it in while I called high and low for advice. Long story short, we went to the feeder and it drank to its hearts content while sitting in my hand, as I opened them, expecting it to fly off it just buzzed a little and seemed to settle in. I placed it gently on the feeder "stool" but it flew back in my palm and let me touch it, it drank again from its perch in my hand and flew off to a branch above the feeder.
I pray it survives.
But to hold such a wonderous mystical being in my hand, was a gift, to have it trust me and come back when I let it go, made me so grateful. I am humbled. I always am when things like this happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

The humming bird sounds like it was grateful.
Thank you nature lover.
edit on 14/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

ETA Sorry last minute switch because the other song sounded too lovey dovey but this one isn't much different so here's the original post reinstated.

Humming bird.
edit on 14/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Just that. I am becoming a wee bit tired of how persistent this storm is.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Poor sweet little birdie! I have helped birds in the past, some survived and some didn't. I love little bird feet perched on my finger. I have never held a tiny hummingbird and only seen one in my whole life. It was so magical it was like seeing a friggin unicorn. LOL

I'm sure it was grateful for your help Wis. I think animals can sense these things.

Never heard this legend before, but loved the meme.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

ETA Sorry last minute switch because the other song sounded too lovey dovey but this one isn't much different so here's the original post reinstated.

Hahaha! Are you getting lovey dovey with Wis?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No but when you really listen to lyrics of many songs it is often about love. I didn't write the lyrics I just hear the beauty of the human voice. Music can be strange sometimes.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Just messing with you. LOL

They were great songs by the way.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wis, where are you? Should I get the dragons started on a search party or something?

I can get some Elves together.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hahaha! Are you getting lovey dovey with Wis?

He just wants food, he knows I cook up a wicked Indian, Mediterranean, Arab cross dish. No boring Swedish Meat balls here.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The poor baby passed over, I found it when I came home from work, fortunately it didn't suffer long. The person I talked to said many die due to poorly kept feeders. I change mine every two days.
I liked the legend you posted, but humming birds have many more qualities I can relate to. They are fiercely independent, territorial, master architects, each nest is unique. As much as they rely on the "sweetness" of life they need deep sleep and rest.
They can accomplish the impossible, that I do not relate to. I don't have their energy.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Hi Sweet Pea,
Just popping under the Coop to give a hug (and take a hug).

I wanted to post a video in here but I don't know how to do it on the tablet. In case you want to see it, it's "woman befriends wingless bumblebee Fiona Presly".

I just think you will like it. I think it's beautiful.
(like you)
😄

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I'm so sorry the tiny creature died. I'm glad it didn't suffer long.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Group hug!

For your video, put an open bracket then write yvid and then put a closed bracket. Put the youtube link, but take away the =sign and anything before it, then an open bracket a slash like this / then write in yvid and put a closed bracket.

edit on 15-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Ya got me! What time's dinner?

ETA I'm kidding! I can cook (with a recipe book, my own) but the last real meal I made was almost a year ago. Satay, Rendang (4-6 hours!), Chilli, Coq au Vin, to name just a few.
edit on 17/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hello
i see it that way, whatever you took alot, you are allowed to utilize. Simple example, Imagine someone got a lot of blows on the face and endured, he is after a point kinda allowed to throw blows to the face with no ill affect.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

They can accomplish the impossible, that I do not relate to. I don't have their energy.

That is because:

With the exception of insects, hummingbirds while in flight have the highest metabolism of all animals – a necessity to support the rapid beating of their wings during hovering and fast forward flight.[3][33] Their heart rate can reach as high as 1,260 beats per minute, a rate once measured in a blue-throated hummingbird, with a breathing rate of 250 breaths per minute, even at rest.[34][35] During flight, oxygen consumption per gram of muscle tissue in a hummingbird is about 10 times higher than that measured in elite human athletes.[3]

Sugar is extremely important to these birds. I doubt a human body could take that much sugar and survive for long.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wis, where are you????????

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join