It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New York Times just outed the CIA's top Iran spy...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

In an article published Friday, The New York Times outed the Central Intelligence Agency’s (CIA) top spy overseeing the organization’s efforts in Iran. The paper justified its outing of the undercover CIA spy and his role within the agency by saying it was necessary since the agent is “leading an important new administration initiative against Iran.”

Yes. That really happened.

The Federalist

The MSM is completely out of control, they've pretty much become a quasi-government within themselves, due to their platform, reach, and influence over all individuals, corporations and even country's. These papers and networks subverting the law just need to be completely shut down, let the local news and the independent web based outlets handle the task of informing the people of what they need to know.... which is pretty much the way it already going.
edit on 2-6-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Everybody here should know by now that all mainstream media is, in one way or another, a part of the controlled opposition.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sounds like trolling so then liberal fanatics can scream forever about Trump waging a war on the press. If only Trump could even compete with Obama's war on the press / whistleblowers. He'd have to work tirelessly on it to do so.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Unless the Trump administration is afraid of the New York Times, that paper is in deeeeep doo-doo.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

If true, the editors of that liberal rag should be going to jail soon.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well, isn't this tricky.

On the one hand outing a spook is probably treason, and I'd love to see them shut down for good over it.
On the same hand, I really hate the CIA, and the MSM.

On the other hand, media needs to not be controlled by government (as with the Obama propaganda law change a few years back) because they need to be exposing corruption, and there's plenty to go around.

So... Do we censor a media outlet over mucking with government? I'm going to have to go with no... As much as I'd like to see them all go down

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The Role of the New York Times according to Noam Chomsky

New York Times Tour Whit Noam Chomsky

edit on 2-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

But when spy's are "outed" doesn't that potentially endanger not only the life of the spy and his/her associates, but missions as well?

Then, the liberal MSM (whom we all hate), would have more news to report, increasing their stature/revenue. The USA would be less safe, and the dreaded MSM would be sitting pretty.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The New York Times had a lot of nerve calling for Trump's impeachment, due to the FAKE story that he "outed" an Israeli spy to the Russians.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm going to consider the N.Y. Times days numbered from this point. I don't see a way back from this for It, if this is what it has done.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
"These papers/MSM need to be shut down",,,

Well not exactly.
I am a firm believer in
The Freedom of the Press.

However, discretion is a very important
element that befalls upon the shoulders
of the Editors.

Clearly, this is an editorial malfunction
on the behalf of one publication.

A Few bad Apples can spoil the Bushel.

It would be economically beneficial
for the press to embrace the enterprise
of true journalism once again,
rather than being a flock of mockingbirds.

SAAVY?

S&F

edit on 3-6-2017 by Wildmanimal because: Add Goodie

edit on 3-6-2017 by Wildmanimal because: Add perspective

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
All good points. It has been that way since WW2.

In a Chicago Suntimes dated Sept 10, 2001 the terrifying headline reads

WHY IS HE DRIVING?

The mediapolice at this facist rag put a tail on Scott R. Williams as he attended a traffic court arraignment for some traffic infraction which kept his license in limbo.

The full size cover photo shows a bespectacled bearded man, shielding his face from flashbulbs, as he tries to navigate his Econoline Kustom Van past the phalanx of investigators the mediapolice had formed to surveil his steps.

The media cop in charge of the operation, Lucio Guerrero, explains that "We're Putting Heat On Those Who Take To The Streets Illegally".

You see what happens when these bastards have a slow day, no terrace rounding them up to roll them into
camps or other hot places? Soon as they broke the bounds of their desert tribal breeding grounds, it goes right to their heads. Next thing you know they'll be streaming live from the bathrooms of anyone who crosses their ungodly order!!!

Now look at where they are:
Swarming like flies on Trump's ass trying to secure a soundbyte of him,
or anyone connected to him, saying that they don't believe in "Global Warming", oops I mean
"Man Made Climate Change".

Like it's the kiss of death to disagree with them.
What are they gonna do if he doesn't, is what I want to know.

This is effin serious, it is. Glad you took time to point it out.

They are the law, the customs, the ideologies, and the masters we dare not challenge nor criticize, which is precisely why they crawl up everyone's ass, government ass included should they feel they were kept from their rightful place there. They know no bounds!

# 799
edit on 3-6-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You know, even if Trump came up with a legit plan to turn this country around, the NYT would still sacrifice those gains to fulfill their agenda.

Fu(king sell outs...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

So... Do we censor a media outlet over mucking with government? I'm going to have to go with no... As much as I'd like to see them all go down
I think the people should pound them in the poket book and do a none stop shaming ...take all the people that work there and shame them publically .

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I think the people should pound them in the poket book and do a none stop shaming ...take all the pe being craneople that work there and shame them publically .

That would work.

You'll never get it to happen, though. Half the time people don't even know what drivel they fund, they just go about their lives, oblivious to the marketing being crammed in every orifice...

Sleep, obey...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've been submitting the "let us know what you think" form periodically, to let the White House know my thoughts regarding how the liberal MSM is damaging our nation internally, and in the eyes of the world.

www.whitehouse.gov...

If anyone else feels the same, shoot them a message. Can't hurt.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

That would work.
If the same people who took at that ISIS comedian gets their teeth into this story it will be bad really bad in a short time because they will take it to the other MSM flunkies and talk to their add revenues to report the story or else

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I think the people should pound them in the poket book and do a none stop shaming ...take all the pe being craneople that work there and shame them publically .

Half the time people don't even know what drivel they fund, they just go about their lives, oblivious to the marketing being crammed in every orifice...

You got that right! I won't even wear clothes that have Nike, or Polo, or whatever logo. Pay $$$ for the shirt...and give them free advertising too? No way. People that wear Blackhawks, Cubs, Bulls, White Sox, etc. garmets, should get those "walking billboard" items for free from the teams.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'm on the fence about this one. In the NYT article, they link to the 2015 article where they first published D’Andrea's name.

The confidence Ms. Feinstein and other Democrats express about the drone program, which by most accounts has been effective in killing hundreds of Qaeda operatives and members of other militant groups over the years, stands in sharp contrast to the criticism among lawmakers of the now defunct C.I.A. program to capture and interrogate Qaeda suspects in secret prisons.

But both programs were led by some of the same people. The C.I.A. asked that Mr. D’Andrea’s name and the names of some other top agency officials be withheld from this article, but The New York Times is publishing them because they have leadership roles in one of the government’s most significant paramilitary programs and their roles are known to foreign governments and many others. When Ms. Feinstein was asked in a meeting with reporters in 2013 why she was so sure she was getting the truth about the drone program while she accused the C.I.A. of lying to her about torture, she seemed surprised.

“That’s a good question, actually,” she said.

Mr. D’Andrea was a senior official in the Counterterrorism Center when the agency opened the Salt Pit, a notorious facility in Afghanistan where prisoners were tortured. His counterterrorism officers oversaw the interrogation and waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed. His actions are described in the withering Senate Intelligence Committee report about torture that was released late last year, although he was not identified publicly.

The drone program has been largely immune from the criticism in Congress that other C.I.A. programs have attracted. In 2009, for example, when it became public that the agency had once hired the private security firm Blackwater to hunt and kill suspected terrorists, a member of Congress called Mr. D’Andrea a “murderer” during a private briefing, even though the Blackwater program had never carried out any lethal operations. Mr. D’Andrea was furious about his treatment, a former colleague recalled. But he received no similar personal attacks for his leadership of the drone program.

Here's the thing.

We the people should have some idea what the CIA is up to. We can't trust the government to tell us, regardless of which party is in the WH.

The NYT is right on the money here:

The New York Times is publishing them because they have leadership roles in one of the government’s most significant paramilitary programs and their roles are known to foreign governments and many others.

It's a fine line between protecting secrecy necessary for the CIA to operate and reporting enough to the people about the CIA's operations that we can demand from our representatives that they take action when the CIA is running amok as they so often are.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
You know, even if Trump came up with a legit plan to turn this country around, the NYT would still sacrifice those gains to fulfill their agenda.

Fu(king sell outs...

Were they trying to sink Trump way back in 2015 when they identified D'Andrea half way through Obama's second term?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join