It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New York Times just outed the CIA's top Iran spy...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

The same a-holes that blamed Trump for letting classified info slip to the Russians are outting spies that we have imbedded in Iran?

Real nice.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The same a-holes that blamed Trump for letting classified info slip to the Russians are outting spies that we have imbedded in Iran?

Real nice.

He is not "embedded in Iran," he lives in a suburb of Washington, DC. He is the head of a department in Langley, Virginia. He is one of the people Trumpistas call "the Deep State."

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I'm going to consider the N.Y. Times days numbered from this point. I don't see a way back from this for It, if this is what it has done.

As long as they beat the Trump hammer liberals will defend them.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Are you saying this info does not jeopardize missions in any way?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm going to consider the N.Y. Times days numbered from this point. I don't see a way back from this for It, if this is what it has done.

As long as there is a 1st amendment right to freedom of the press, we should all defend them.

The NYT did not "out" an undercover spy embedded deep in Iran, conducting secret missions. He's well-known and has even been portrayed in movies.
edit on 3-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am struggling to understand what value the NYT provided here to the American public?

If freedoms are used to destroy as opposed to develop and improve, then I guarantee Americans will lose their rights eventually.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here is the problem. Freedom of th epress does not protect them from Treasonous actions such as selling out intelligence operatives. The editors and owners need to be taken to task and reminded that they too are americans and have to abide by the laws as well. Dont shut the paper down,but do punish the ones responsible for publishing the secrets.

I think its time for another letter to trump and some more advice from my outside view again.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

As long as there is a 1st amendment right to freedom of the press, we should all defend them.

The NYT did not "out" an undercover spy embedded deep in Iran, conducting secret missions. He's well-known and has even been portrayed in movies.

Wrong. They have freedom of the press until they sell out a fellow american to a enemy nation. Your freedoms end where anothers freedoms begin. Outing this man and his operation violates the many agents rights to life liberty and pursuit of happiness. It also falls under treason. Punish the publisher and editor and reporter who leaked it. Leave the paper alone itself.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: lordcomac

But when spy's are "outed" doesn't that potentially endanger not only the life of the spy and his/her associates, but missions as well?

Then, the liberal MSM (whom we all hate), would have more news to report, increasing their stature/revenue. The USA would be less safe, and the dreaded MSM would be sitting pretty.

That was the argument when Valerie Plame was outed and everyone should remember how that turned out too.

I fail to see that this should be any different.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The big question is . . . has any of the media reps responsible disappeared yet?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Wrong. They have freedom of the press until they sell out a fellow american to a enemy nation.

How have they sold him out to an enemy nation?

You do know that he is not in Iran conducting missions and his name has been in the public for some time, right?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Wrong. They have freedom of the press until they sell out a fellow american to a enemy nation.

How have they sold him out to an enemy nation?

You do know that he is not in Iran conducting missions and his name has been in the public for some time, right?

His job is new, right?
That brings with it some new enemies who will have him in their sights - whether he is in Iran or not.
He's been painted with a target to the people he is trying to gather intelligence on.
Being in the public for some time changes nothing - I am willing to bet there are plenty of public figures you would never expect to be spies or CIA operatives, but actually are.

The NYT exposed him and I think they should pay a price for it.
edit on 3/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Well, isn't this tricky.

On the one hand outing a spook is probably treason, and I'd love to see them shut down for good over it.
On the same hand, I really hate the CIA, and the MSM.

On the other hand, media needs to not be controlled by government (as with the Obama propaganda law change a few years back) because they need to be exposing corruption, and there's plenty to go around.

So... Do we censor a media outlet over mucking with government? I'm going to have to go with no... As much as I'd like to see them all go down

Do we censor a media outlet? No. We punish traitors who give our state secrets away to anyone willing to pisten, or anyone willing to pay 50cents for a paper. Let the paper be. Imprison the person responsible for this act of treason. They were not uncovering corruption, like you said its the medias job to do, they revealed details of a top secret ongoing operation.

I don't want a war with Iran, and these spies can actually avert war at times by getting us the information we simply cannot go without, or by helping us acheive objectives in other ways besides warfare. Whats Trump going to do when he asks his team "Ok, somebody update me on the Iran situation" and the person who normally would brief him on that says "well, sir, last week we had real time updates, but, since our main spy got busted, we have no way to contact his assets inside the nuclear facilities, we are completely blind, and whats worse, the Iraians know it. By the time we can get another agent in there and get back to where we were, they could have developed over a dozen nukes and hidden them or even sell, transport or store them outside their borders for all we know..."

Trump: I was afraid of this.... Well, I guess we have no choice then. Initiate Contingency Plan: Sierra Bravo Alpha. I'll prepare to address the American Public.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He lives in DC and his name has been public record for 2 years as has his job with the CIA

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And his role in Iran is well known before this?

edit on 3-6-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He lives in DC and his name has been public record for 2 years as has his job with the CIA

There are lots of public figures in DC that Iran would not be focusing on - now they have a name I am sure they can target their counter intelligence quite nicely.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

There are lots of public figures in DC that Iran would not be focusing on - now they have a name I am sure they can target their counter intelligence quite nicely.

They probably already knew what he does

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They probably already knew what he does

Ah, that's a good defence... maybe everyone who provides information about their country's intelligence services could just use the same defence.. "they probably knew anyway."

edit on 3/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If true, the editors of that liberal rag should be going to jail soon.

Lol, like Hillary right? Dream on.

And for all the alt right who love fox: they're MSM too. Wake up

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not much cover for a "spy" if these folks found him.

Good possibility that Iran already knew.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join