It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New York Times just outed the CIA's top Iran spy...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: UKTruth

He lives in DC and his name has been public record for 2 years as has his job with the CIA

There are lots of public figures in DC that Iran would not be focusing on - now they have a name I am sure they can target their counter intelligence quite nicely.

They probably already knew what he does
Probably? Based on ....?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Not much cover for a "spy" if these folks found him.

Good possibility that Iran already knew.

Found or were told by the same people leaking all the other information?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

In an article published Friday, The New York Times outed the Central Intelligence Agency’s (CIA) top spy overseeing the organization’s efforts in Iran. The paper justified its outing of the undercover CIA spy and his role within the agency by saying it was necessary since the agent is “leading an important new administration initiative against Iran.”

Yes. That really happened.

The Federalist

Guys... your reporter is not very well informed. The "outing" was in 2015.

He hasn't been a field agent. He's been a director and he's been at the CIA for 38 years.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You know a conspiracy site isn't a conspiracy site any more when people don't want to know everything they can about what the CIA is doing.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

He was the basis of a character in "Zero Dark Thirty" which came out in 2012. Who he is has been known by people for long before even 2015.

Wikipedia
D'Andrea was the inspiration for the character of "The Wolf" in Kathryn Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty.[6][3]

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Seems like a bunch of nothing other than someone wanting to slam the newspaper.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

He was the basis of a character in "Zero Dark Thirty" which came out in 2012. Who he is has been known by people for long before even 2015.

Wikipedia
D'Andrea was the inspiration for the character of "The Wolf" in Kathryn Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty.[6][3]

Yup. Named other places as well. I was familiar with the name, but until I saw the Wikipedia article I couldn't remember details.

The OP report seems like a piece of fluff indignation by someone who doesn't research well. That particular ship sailed long ago.

In addition, the Trump administration named him by name in making the appointment.

edit on 3-6-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I'm going to consider the N.Y. Times days numbered from this point. I don't see a way back from this for It, if this is what it has done.

My bet is NYT has carte blanche with the CIA for all the propagandizing it has done over the years for the status quo. NYT supports government actions far more often than it opposes or criticizes it.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

The CIA actually asked the NYT not to publish his name back in 2015. WaPo wouldn't publish it.

The Washington Post is the CIA's mouthpiece, not the Times.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: rexsblues

The New York Times had a lot of nerve calling for Trump's impeachment, due to the FAKE story that he "outed" an Israeli spy to the Russians.

Yes this is the main point.

The NYT and many other mainstream outlet went insane when Trump allegedly outed a source to the Russians in the name of stopping Isis.

But the NYT has no problem outing someone to help sabotage Trump.

It is clear the much of the MSM, the NYT included, view their primary purpose as defeating Trump. There are not objective, and they do not have the best interest of the country in mind.

They would gladly side with Iran, or even Isis to take down Trump.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

You're probably right, but I'm pretty sure CIA influence is not limited to WaPo.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: yuppa

Wrong. They have freedom of the press until they sell out a fellow american to a enemy nation.

How have they sold him out to an enemy nation?

You do know that he is not in Iran conducting missions and his name has been in the public for some time, right?

This does not matter. It still paints targets on these peoples backs now. what will you say when one of these agents is killed in a hit? OOps my bad? No the publisher,and reporter need to be made a example of. If you make reporting classified info a crime and start prosecuting the leaks will dry up. Its against the law and not patriotic at all.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Holy Shhh.

This sort of attitude is going to make another William Buckly type event happen. Then the consequences are shared by all.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That awkward moment when the Failing NYT proves Trump right.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
a reply to: moebius

All three of you pointed out the fact that he was unmasked back in 2015... where he was serving under a completely different role, regarding completely different countries, two years ago... 'so what's the big deal?'

Just because the paper said he was in charge of handling drone strikes in a few other countries in a two-year-old article doesn’t justify outing him as the CIA’s top spy in a country that is now considered to be the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism. As The Israel Project’s Omri Ceren pointed out on Twitter, the fact that the CIA officials who spoke to the Times did so under the condition of anonymity because D’Andrea is still undercover means that the newspaper article is indeed outing him. And his safety is now likely in jeopardy thanks to the Times.

Iran proxies kidnapped & tortured to death CIA's Lebanon station chief. Mailed US officials tapes of the torture canadafreepress.com...

edit on 3-6-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yep. I would add a rebuttal too the guy at the end of video 1 is that he says it requires a cabal sitting around. Chomsky for the most part says we're self regulating/propagandizing and he lists a bunch of levels, for instance 1 is cultural, as in, is it taboo to claim this, there's also governmental and business interests, most of which is implicit and has no need for anyone to strongarm you into.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
From the New York Times article:

C.I.A. Names the ‘Dark Prince’ to Run Iran Operations, Signaling a Tougher Stance

Now the official, Michael D’Andrea, has a new job. He is running the C.I.A.’s Iran operations, according to current and former intelligence officials, an appointment that is the first major sign that the Trump administration is invoking the hard line the president took against Iran during his campaign.

"Current and former intelligence officials" are the source of this information, according to the Times.

I think it would be wise to keep that in mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsbluesif the people who were outed were cover operatives operating in enemy coutries then yeah the times needs to be hit with big fines and the editor should be fired and or face criminal charges for running with the article reporter too.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: rexsblues

In an article published Friday, The New York Times outed the Central Intelligence Agency’s (CIA) top spy overseeing the organization’s efforts in Iran. The paper justified its outing of the undercover CIA spy and his role within the agency by saying it was necessary since the agent is “leading an important new administration initiative against Iran.”

Yes. That really happened.

The Federalist

Guys... your reporter is not very well informed. The "outing" was in 2015.

He hasn't been a field agent. He's been a director and he's been at the CIA for 38 years.

Please don't ruin the frenzy by dragging facts into it. If the NYT makes a statement about CIA, it is probably because CIA wants the NYT to make it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If true, the editors of that liberal rag should be going to jail soon.

Yea if this is really true the CIA won't take this lightly, nor forget what they did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join