It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
And the invitation for you guys.

Gotta run!

They 404ed it... I knew I should have called it Space-hour-intelligence...
Well I'll try again later got it still on paper.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Don't you dare leaving now I'm working on something featuring plasma beings... come back or I'll show everyone your sexy pics!

Whom am I kidding I do it anyways, here:

For the whole www to see

Everybody
Entirely unrelated, if you read "blue apples" in my next thread think this

edit on 6-6-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Now I'm glad they deleted the other one this came out much better!

Where are you? Guys?
Hello?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Im working 35 hours at one job and "running a kitchen" as best one can with 24 hours at the other.

Ill have some time later to look through, I just got home. Im excited peeps.

edit on 6-6-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Balance is subjective when you say we; that creates a duality; that doesn't mean you cannot be an individual or cease to exist; as you have a myriad or incalculable amount of past kamma or volition you have acted on some of it like self is the same like getting up and getting something to eat, removing waste, sex etc that is body kamma. Speech kamma is all yours even though it is something all life shares the volition behind it? Who knows unless intent is expressed in truth without hiding the true self, needs wants desires etc., mind kamma is another plane which has to do with the other planes of existence as well as the mundane gross form instead of just the subtle. That the link between ethereal and manifest...

A mind that is tuned to empty, has no attachment and yet form is there; without any help from self; others have and may name whatever it is; yet out of ignorance... they do not understand it as a void of all pervasive space. Here in this space is no self so when an ego presents itself; it falls into a void of their own choice or choosing all of that is their self which is impermanent and subject to suffering. Due t attachment of all not self; even the stupid name(s) they try to give this gross/subtle form.

The eye does not grasp; it only sees so what grasps is mind; and yet mind cannot grasp for long without releasing, so when mind is void there is nothing to grasp and all that is; just is. The speech is an expression or vibration on various pitches and planes and yet also not self; impermanent one vocalization(lasts about 1000 years); body also not self as it contains all there is the same as all else as far as the picking at bones science does.

Philosophy; the same as other material pursuits; that is the cracking in the solidity... as it is empty and void; as it is an attachment that takes place between what it is trying to fill; so like an hourglass flipping; one becomes full and one empty; the same as the yin and yang... think of it like a geode. Appears solid and impenatible and looks just like any other rock; crack it and there was a rich void within. The egg within the egg... same when the atom was split; whoa a quark, lets split a quark whoa fermons gullons etc. duh; if one is reducible to what is the one reducible too?

Numbers are theory; not science... we quantify with then the same as words... science argues some words are fiction; even though they appear right before your eyes as reality; meaning fiction IS the only word that is truly fiction; and when one tries to divide fiction; it is not the same words... seeing thusly, the word fiction cannot be reducible without ceasing to be fiction.,, and yet fiction as it is in and of itself is eternal and non reducible.

That is the solid or solidity of oneness the eternal, let suchness in and it all just flows; let go of both? And it is just binding and unbinding... let the binding go and all is unbound; in a state that cannot be grasped, explained as it just is... and in that is; that's all there is; many call it nothing... but that is not true as previously mentioned. For example; fiction cannot be found anywhere else... the previous fictions written before; are not the same as the last... which means replication, and yet not; as from that moment it arose, past expired showed its true nature of impermanence... then as it went other filled that void... then birth and there was fiction again the very same immutable word that cannot be split and yet at a different time than previous.

So what was the difference other than the interval? Nothing; what is the difference in all these other appearances with words attached? Nothing. So what is that prone to suffer other than the attachments and previous volitions; to all of those grasping and clinging to a self that is not and cannot ever be truly identified as one? Kamma can become null in body, speech and mind. That's the same as the big bang to you and yet extreme grasping and clinging from others...

Like the breath; exhale it all and hold it and you will pass out or die, the same as inhaling as much as you can... so who knows the balance of your breath when binding and binding it other than you? Only some stupid measure of the immeasurable called as a concept "breath". You and your attachments like fiction; will also arise and pass at some interval just the same... as fiction is always fiction, truth is always truth... the relative grasped and absolute that is known... once known there is no need for it; as that arises spontaneously as needed. Wanted makes it ungraspable without seeking; meaning one still has doubts or does not in fact know.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Wow we really look at things a lot more similarly than I've thought in the past.
We have a similar idea on information based, non simulation.. I use different words, but I can now see it doesn't matter.
I think we mean the same thing by the word god even.
It's in that mind of god space that I am trying to do my magic.
It's why I sort of stopped trying for how does it all work, and instead I feel like
I've seen in one way how I am connected, and I just want to press buttons on the network node,
offering data to be reconfigured in interesting new patterns.

In other words..

Reverbs.

other than that I'm like in perpetual gratitude sitting in my back yard in an almost forest drinking a beer listening to courtney barnett's new album..
What's better than that?!

I think of consciousness as "Harold and the Purple Crayon."
It's an analogy that some might appreciate.
It's a very short children's picture book that I was given when I was 3.
It's one of my favorite books.

It starts..

"
One evening, after thinking it over for some time, Harold decided to go for a walk in the moonlight.
There wasn't any moon and Harold needed a moon for a walk in the moonlight.
And he needed something to walk on.
He made a long straight path so he wouldn't get lost.
And he set off on his walk taking his big purple crayon with him.
But he didn't seem to be getting anywhere on the long straight path.
So he left the path for a shortcut across a field, and the moon went with him.
The short cut led to where Harold thought a forest ought to be.
He didn't want to get lost in the woods so he made the forest with only one tree in it.
"

Anyway it's a baby creating the universe..
A subject, that can't exist without object..
It even has a dragon guarding a tree..

Even when I was 3 I remember thinking "I'm like Harold."
I forgot that sentiment along the way as it happens.
It keeps randomly popping back up in my life, and I'm like oh yea..
Reverbs you so silly. That's why I love you so much.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Each web or node is already unique to the spider...

Trying to force one's self on something already without flaw creates the very flaws one is trying to avoid in what one has taken or mistaken as a self.

Freedom is effortless; so why put so much effort into what you should realize as already being? Fear or maybe paranoia that steps of the past will like a wave sweep you away? I don't know and don't need too... although you know and that should be all that matters. Ignoring a wound is not tending a wound... not the creator of the wound; one still avoids what has already struck a blow; fatal or not there you are... wiser than previous and yet unknowing of what you learned? Would have made you even dumber than you are now.

So sometimes what was seen as a poison once over come can honestly be seen as a blessing; when not disguised by other things not really reasonable; self clinging seen as reasonable points the finger to blame the teacher instead of looking deeply into the eyes as a pupil of the life one has. One thing I have learned; even those that hate you will also take care of you. Meaning when hate is nowhere to be found in self; it will surround you needing you as you try to show all else; you do not need it.

The same way a cup is useless without the void to fill it... as someone void of hate; and it surrounds on all sides? To where do you think it would want to go? It is not so much positive and negative energies; once one knows how to subdue and void those energies altogether.

Just something for your consideration and thoughts on your journey.

Take care

edit on 6-6-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

I understand what you said which is nice.

I appreciate what you are telling me.

I pissed off spiderwoman haha. I get it. I'm not trying to be perfect.
I don't want to take anything. There is nothing I want.
My point was that I love my web. Take the word "my" however you like.

where is gratitude in rape?
Sometimes I can't tell if what I say is heard the way I say it, but in this case you're close enough it doesn't really matter for the discussion.

I think what is closer to what I was saying is that I can look at my web (push buttons on a node) and because I can see that bit of universe.. I can kind of know the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Karma? = Kamma?

How is Germany, Belgium etc doing so well while Nigeria suffers? I always look at it from a collective consciousness angle too and it just ain't working.
Also not with past lifes. All I know about that is that justice and balance have to be made they're not naturally occurring.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That's cute, for a children book, pretty deep. Decisions, attitude,... All that matters. But it's not like that "wish and the universe will provide" bs.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

it's more like..

look, and you see what's there.

but you looked. What if you never looked?

Wishing works in dreams.
Doing things works in 3D land.
Know the medium you are working with.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I left all my stuff in Italy and came back home with more and better things. Even with cuter hair. Funny how that worked out, not?
Happy you're never loosing your standing ground, BB.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It was you who linked the paper how they mathmatically proved there is no randomness, right? Something with Riemann, if I remember right?
If you still got it can you got there and show'em, or if you still know where to find it?
I feel like we need an "Age of Enlightment 2.0" on ATS. The number of ignorants has increased tenfold it seems.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I saw that thread but couldn't bring myself to say anything worthwhile so I didn't.

BTW, the math was about universality and how distributions are in accordance with some known math formulas. There is randomness out there still but some of what looks like randomness is following the pattern of universality. The futility of adding to that thread good stuff prevents me from looking for it!

I hear you about ATS. It is all "post a snarky remark to prove my superiority", or, "post a funny remark and turn and run." Neither is very helpful when trying to have a serious conversation about a serious topic. I've stopped myself a couple times from doing the same (I feel no need to add to the noise level).

Today, they found signs of past life on Mars. There is also a published article about the cost effectiveness of taking CO2 from the atmosphere and converting to biofuel. And a finding on magnetic islands in nuclear plasma in fusion reactors but I think it is all pi-_ing into the wind. Look how fast the political threads pop up. *sigh*

At least I can share one of these with you...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Hm universality, how could I forget that... sorry I'm so maths-useless, I wish I could be a better conversational partner for you.

They should change the motto to "embrace ignorance" if they'd want to play to the audience. Thankfully they don't, but I get why many think it just ain't worth it contributing quality anymore. Sad really...

Haha look at us two of the elderly sitting on the park bench "them youth all are crazy! In my time..."

Oh look the Mars news found its way.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Hm universality, how could I forget that... sorry I'm so maths-useless, I wish I could be a better conversational partner for you.

They should change the motto to "embrace ignorance" if they'd want to play to the audience. Thankfully they don't, but I get why many think it just ain't worth it contributing quality anymore. Sad really...

Haha look at us two of the elderly sitting on the park bench "them youth all are crazy! In my time..."

Oh look the Mars news found its way.

haha and the cute hair though lets not forget!

I found out the other day I was math useless and that used to be my strongest area too.

ehh what can you do?

back in my day I found ATS through searching "black triangle ufo" I had no idea it was a thing already. must have been 14 years ago now. I thought ATS was literally above top secret.. and back in those days it almost was..

by the way you can keep "deny ignorance" it just means if somone asks you, you deny you're ignorant and proceed with your worthless opinion you stole from tv and claimed as your own.

edit on 7-6-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

When jailed for standing my ground against a child molester; I learned a lot about an inner system, I knew nothing about... some of the inmates were giving each other the worst advice imaginable and it was nothing but a vicious cycle of fear and anxiety; I honestly preferred being in a one man cell they call "the hole" where most people "go crazy" in less than two hours; screaming at anyone and anything.

I just sat day after day; they sort of just blend together with no concept of time in there except for meals... the light is on way too long in my opinion four hours longer than need be; lights out at 12 really stupid. Anyway; one fellow was giving the advice to those paranoid about "their" female as if she is ever anyone's property... the advice he was giving was: If she makes you mad once you get out? Force her down and rectally rape her.

If things are not bad enough in the world; people gather together and plot stupid; few inmates have any good advice... if they did have any? They wouldn't have been there to begin with; or they have been able to hide in various manners to escape the justice all of their victims deserve them to have... however, best to let that go and just let death do it's job.

Only because that is what really brings justice and all that takes is "time" so do not give those not worth it? Any of yours.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

One is Pali one is Sanskrit... simply means action or volition; the thing that spins the yin/yang of each cakra/chakra; wheel or flower. Many people never rise above the first two wheels in a single lifetime; as appetite the third falls head down to heels and crawls then walks yet again into another life. So root to generation then focused on the wrong things with appetite there is no real heart in it no ear to truly listen... and then crowned into another birth; full of sickness old age and death all over again.

The interval of time? Individual; as a watcher and a hearer? Of these arisings and passings... nothing is spooky at any distance to the eye the ear; of course ignorance has poisoned many ears by mouth and many mouths by bad volition? The difference between pure and impure is just another gateless gate.

The Buddha saw the Jains or Deva too extreme for human life; he also saw Hindu or gods/titans too extreme for human life... as all of those dip and circle round and round still in chains and bondages of their own to wrestle with; no matter the body, no matter the mind, no matter the speech... some desire or craving was occuring in all of those realms.

The deva give the world a break by fasting as long as possible; this is seen as self mortification of the body or the temple; those hungering from the god and titan realms to devour will take it either way; and try to hide it in some way shape or form.

However over time; all of the corpses stack up and the body retains all of that memory even without a thought crossing any stream or shore. How many awake and how many that have simply held witness of the clear eye, of the clear ear? Enough to be able to drag all of those off to hell in one step and return to their seat or throne without a single thought in the process.

Seven wheels in the body; easy to conquer in one self after there is no self? Nothing to conquer as all else is just a corpse.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I personally do not see a difference between Harold and the 10 ox herding pictures of Zen. The trope over time becomes a meme repeatable and yet not the same; as those that carry the moon with them forget they are the beam of it stretching out to light as a mirror in the darkness the greater lamp of the world.

When it gets too hot? No one but desert animals worship it. As the night then becomes the only oasis to those not being able to bare it.

The purple crayon is a metaphor which is a good thing for metta or the gift; we eat in the form of information... filling the ol cup and then emptying it. Of course lots of stuff to empty that are truly not self like all of the scribbles with Harold head on backwards not knowing his path was forwards... so turned around he forgot he was the moon or a reflection and deciding not to be the moon or mirror of light he made a shadow of himself.

The ox in the pictures; is that stubborn ego or self that one rides like the purple crayon being the light of Harold not knowing he is the purple crayon he is continually applying himself over the already known and calling it his own.

Forgetting the greater light and creating a spot for it to shine on is ego delusion chasing himself then as the ox or moon around forgetting the tool is just some wax his mindful ears got filled with... to pour out into the world.

Filters micro and macro; some adults cease listening to children thinking they know everything already; quickly are they beaten as they have forgotten all of the innocence they once possessed themselves; meaning already full of it... dukka or suffering of experience; taking the time to sit one releases the crayon and the moon altogether and then becomes the light they already were.

What they point too? Consider the ray. One beam in a stream that goes aeons across vast spaces of what seems as "nothing" even when that source has long been extinguished... except by those still receiving it ong after its passing.

In a blink a star is born and in a long slow wink the moon ceases to look within.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Does that node trigger or lure?

Too many bananas I don't even eat hang around me thinking the webs are hammocks.

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join