It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Singularity That Doesn't Result In The Formation Of Me Is Pointless

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The concept of entropy states that there are an infinite number of "wrong" ways that the singularity could have expanded during the big bang that would not have resulted in the creation of you as you are now in this point in time reading these words. But there is only one precise unigue "right" way for it to expand/inflate that would lead to the creation of you.
And with nothing influencing the singularity it should have logically expanded evenly and homogeneously in every direction with every "thing" forever remaining an equal and ever expanding distance from every other "thing"...with nothing ever interacting, no matter ever forming and no you resulting.
That's what should have happened. So it would seem that the singularity was preprogrammed... before it ever began to expand...to expand unevenly in just such a way that would lead to the ultimate result of your existence.
Feel free to discuss the implications among yourselves.
edit on 6/6/2018 by MissSmartypants because: edit

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
An interesting concept but I believe in the randomness of creation.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Please...do explain how that works.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLighti
If Creation were random there would be virtually no chance of you ever believing anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: InTheLighti
If Creation were random there would be virtually no chance of you ever believing anything.

I don't understand how you arrive at that conclusion. I just think the chaos that created everything is not preprogrammed but rather everything is a fluke of forces and matter which comes together haphazardly, including us. However, this chaos randomly creating living sentient beings with consciousness certainly is a mystery to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I think infinite permutations of reality exist in superposition of each other, and the combinations of constructive and destructive interference between common and uncommon fragments of the permutations create our aggregate reality. Time is a wave function of these superimposed systems, collapsing moment-by-moment.

This means that all of reality is a hologram. There are no true whole numbers: 1=0.999999...(followed by infinite 9s). If the 9s were to somehow "run out", 1 would become 0.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The Great Expansion WAS Creation .
Just think , a small dot that contained all matter , space , time , and energy just decided one day to explode and create everything you see today.
What caused that initial explosion ?
"And let there be light"

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Just think , a small dot that contained all matter , space , time , and energy just decided one day to explode and create everything you see today.
"And let there be light"

If we can believe that theory. What if there was no beginning and will be no end?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

"And let there be light"

If we can believe that theory. What if there was no beginning and will be no end?

Something had to press the red button to start
Something may well press the red button again to end

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

"And let there be light"

Yes, something, now what can that be? Other big bang universes setting off new big bang universes?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Singularity
Pointless

I see what you did there

Wait, you said it was programmed Before it even began to expand?

Why could there not have been a manipulation performed...at pretty much ANY time AFTER expansion commenced?

...although it seems more likely that it would have been rather early on in the life of the universe, like, the first year I guess? lol

Probably more like the first fraction of a second, but, who knows?

Maybe it started off evenly, but it bumped into another expanding universe after 1 millionth of a second...

[it seems strange to use seconds as a measurment at this early stage when time most likely did not work the same way, so why are we ok describing it using "years" as in "the universe is 13 billion years old... The first billion years would not be the same as the last or 13th billion years due to dilation from so much mass in the vicinity of everything else, so the 1st billion years might have felt like 3 months]

...and they both sent each other flying in opposite directions and all "wonky" now, and stirred up from the collision? Maybe the collision is what was the trigger or catalyst or w/e for expansion?

Two "infinitely" heavily sense balls of matter, two singularities are just flying at breakneck speed and happen to collide, moving away from each other at the same rate they expand, so they are always touching? Or would that be expanding at half the rate of acceleration of movement? I don't know but I was envisioning that they would only be touching at the border, one atom of surface area connected to one atom of surface area of the other expanding singularity, so that they never overlap (although that is another interesting idea, if they were overlapping, occupying the same "space" in the "ether" but never actually visible or able to influence the other...except in rare anomalous and sometimes intentionally devious events)

What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force? (kinda... more like two unstoppable forces...that become immovable objects? Maybe they were in wave form, due to moving so fast, until they collided and became matter?)

Hehe, a pointless singularity...
🍻😄
edit on 6/6/2018 by 3n19m470 because: Forgot: or would it need to be expanding at half the rate of motion in order to avoid overlap?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If one tends toward the 11 Dimensions and an infinite number of infinite multiverses , then there is an infinite number of anyone scattered about...

In one I could be Emperor of the Universe.
In fact , by saying that , I just split of another universe where that statement is correct...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Order from disorder - implies that some form of order existed already.

We don't get order from chaos either, the more we perceive the more we notice it's organised madness, eventually we see a fundamental truth.

Input, perception, information. Call it what you will, but to be more on topic I'll note that we don't really have enough information on the big bang, for all we know all that energy might have expanded into something, like a nearly dead universe where the last of the matter was about to decay out of existence.

BANG. Time for round ∞

We don't know enough, we're like bacteria trying to listen to a symphony through it's membrane, we need translators to even have a clue. Machines are like the sign language person on a late night TV show.

Without them we'd not hear a thing, which brings another thought...

If observed matter acts as a wave unwitnessed then who observed the first matter?

A creator or an escapee? Wouldn't the latter be literally the former then?

Nothing is random. I'm not sure if existence is the literal definition of insanity either. I believe the results would always be the same though, whether that's through design or inevitably I couldn't say.

I don't have enough information.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

The concept of entropy states that there are an infinite number of "wrong" ways that the singularity could have expanded during the big bang that would not have resulted in the creation of you as you are now in this point in time reading these words.

Erm - No the 'concept' of 'Entropy' does not not 'state' that.

Entropy:

en·tro·py ˈentrəpē/Submit

noun 1. PHYSICS a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.

2. lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder. "a marketplace where entropy reigns supreme" synonyms: deterioration, degeneration, crumbling, decline, degradation, decomposition, breaking down, collapse; More

But there is only one precise unigue "right" way for it to expand/inflate that would lead to the creation of you.

Little self-centered don't ya think?

And with nothing influencing the singularity it should have logically expanded evenly and homogeneously in every direction with every "thing" forever remaining an equal and ever expanding distance from every other "thing"...with nothing ever interacting, no matter ever forming and no you resulting.

Can't make sense of the above...

That's what should have happened. So it would seem that the singularity was preprogrammed... before it ever began to expand...to expand unevenly in just such a way that would lead to the ultimate result of your existence.
Feel free to discuss the implications among yourselves.

"Preprogramed" --- that's precious. The god(s) of your understanding.

Kewl belief - but not provable either logically or empirically.

A perfectly valid - self-validate belief - but one that cannot be reproduced.
edit on 6-6-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

"And let there be light"

No read the quote before you answer "no beginning and no end"

ergo - no DESIGNER to PUSH the GO button.

Read the Biology of Belief (by Bruce Lipton - there are probably U-tube videos as well) for an nice exposition of how complex systems build up by emerging from the less complex. It's a science idea - but applies to all domains of knowledge include 'belief' and 'thought'.
edit on 7-6-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Everybody talks about randomness. Is there any proof that true randomness exists ? Everything looks to me like it's causal related. At least in Classical Mechanica it looks that way.

But on a very small scale there is Heisenberg , there is Schoedinger, and time looses it's meaning. Unable to understand the relations (Yet) randomness is induced. Ad hoc Constants and parameters without reason. Endlessly tweaking the theory until it fits with observation.

However to make sense of the macroscopic world that same randomness must have some order in it. Who can proof that this isn't Pseudo Randomness generated by unknown rules?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The concept of entropy is moving from a state of order to disorder or chaos. Perhaps everything was started in an ordered way that so far, has created what we have today and is moving to a state of chaos. Everything will eventually be diffuse to the state of nothingness.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
The concept of entropy is moving from a state of order to disorder or chaos. Perhaps everything was started in an ordered way that so far, has created what we have today and is moving to a state of chaos. Everything will eventually be diffuse to the state of nothingness.

The joke is, there is nothing now!!
Emptiness is forming.

edit on 7-6-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You know you are (you know you exist) but you may have misidentified yourself as a particular thing which appears. In deep sleep what is there?? No things appear in deep sleep - deep sleep is like the tv screen with no pictures appearing on it. And then when waking occurs, it is like the empty screen becomes full of 'things' - one 'thing' is what you consider 'you' (a particular thing - a body). But could the appearance which is appearing now appear without the screen?

The tv screen is the singularity which contains the whole image appearing on it - the whole image is divided into separate 'things' - but the separate 'things' on the screen come and go. However, the screen has to be present prior to any appearance.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So if the singularity expanded in a way that allow life to be possible out of so many other ways, that may mean that the rules has been set before the expansion. It was not randomness, it was set to be that way. But it also means that there was no singularity.
I think that life would have appear in any way, maybe in another unknown way. We only know what we see and what we have right now. Even theories and assumptions are based on the science we know.

Something more was present before the so called singularity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join