It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm just happy you exist. You know, you're funny, smart and cool. It's nice and all the stuff you posted so far was really inspiring. You're an interesting dude, I love that. Your maths and all of that. That you play guitar. You're a snowboarder and all of that, it's really cool.
Even though you're one big fad tease. I mean you're saying like two years at least by now that you record something and let me hear it. You never do. It's cute, I can live with that. I'll make a song for you and never let you hear it too

But we will meet the day UFOs land probably. Haha. No worries, all good, you crazy. Love you. Hugs and kisses

Arte is doing a big ABBA, BeeGees Carpenters special. Ha ha ha ha staying alive...

edit on 29-12-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I just said maybe lol..

I laugh a lot.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
No plans.

Just relax, like Frankie said!

LOL’n

With Peeples bottom quote and yours? All that being a hellraiser chasing skins does is make one a Kai... easier to sit and let the entire house or world collapse.

Anyways here's some belated presents not bleeted as sheeps is for peeples... of course unwashed sheep culture is called Anthrax. Maybe listening to the band is a cure as instant negation... of course if one is the sort to think both poison. Lolz?

@peeples aside from the sheepez or minions you desire?

Mirror mirror on the wall...

Unity contains within itself a numerical germ of self propagation. The creative act is thus demonstrated to be a division of this Unity without the Unity ever losing itself. Observational as condition, and in Time, this can only occur rationally by a gnomic form of Self replication. Therefore the order of such creation begins with a self replicating reflection, a turning back upon itself in order to conceive of itself… Self-consciously. This reflexive turning back is the byproduct of a spiralling vortex of polarized space engendered by the power of Ø

Um watch your step... that "manhole" is designed for falling into it. Weird place for an axis but whatever...

@Teot yours is big ol hyper link for hyperspace the non hole tearing kind... only cuz that really only pisses off stitch as it becomes cause for that Lilo to wander off course; smash into Baha lose her memory and become Dora. Internal star gate

@The Hive minded... Thanks for the free honey.

P.S. Hamster girl? That was a grain of ahem "rice" not a tail.

www.internalstargate.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Cheers Peeple.

I don't discount that some woo may have a more collective or group impact/effect just that that has not been my experience. Also, that when such events are reported as involving multiple personalities, it often becomes apparent that while it may have been shared in parts, in other parts the experiences differed greatly. But it is personal too in what it means to you, why you are interested in it in the first place, and what outcome, if any, you expected - even in the more random, one off, type events/experiences. Our frames of reference and traditions of understanding seem to have a direct impact on how we perceive anomalous phenomenon, therefore it stands to reason that in order to achieve a scientific approach we need to calibrate our measuring device and then test it against a hypothesis. However, this has to be considered against a backdrop that such "science" is already very well developed to target our lowest common denominators - our baser impulses and instincts - to direct us to experiences that satisfy our short term needs and wants. All "systems of magic" that I have looked at require a recalibration process to begin with. I think it may have been Reverbs who mentioned that you have to go mad to stay sane, if not apologies to who it was, but either way, it's an excellent way of putting it- in my opinion. The control system is that which, following a "crisis", will reset to a "new" "normal", it's homeostasis, that's what it does. That "normal" can be perceived as progress or regression of the overall system (you/me). The "new" me, for example, is afraid of heights, the "old" me wasn't.

That's just the navel gazing side of things though, it is personal but it needs to be relational and reflexive to what is around you, what is influencing you and what you are influencing, why and how. Understanding that, for me, means knowing when not to look at all because my judgement is unreliable for one reason or another and to instead focus on other things - which is what I am doing for now.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

It seems from my experience the more you're looking for it the more elusive it gets. If you try to avoid it it ambushes you at every corner and bush. Futile enterprises either way.
Que sera sera...

But I still believe it follows a plan.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

I just said maybe lol..

I laugh a lot.

You laugh now, but then I take your bottle away and you:

Behave. Go to bed.

How was the family?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

My problem is that I can’t walk away from the world. I care too damn much. I said the same to Slayer69 then and, after all these years, I still feel the same.

It would be really easy to be my smart @$$ed teenaged self and do the Carey Grant walk off into the mid-day sun, but that love for humanity won’t let me do it.

I’ve tried Ringo (to quote Samuel L. Jackson). But I keep on trying to be the shepherd!

What would it mean if I was not here to point out the obvious? Or laugh with Reverbs? Cry with Peeple? Jesus Jesus with Baddogma (I will leave autocorrectives with that one because it is better than what I was going to say!) And read every word that you post, you big softy!!

Hey Annaanna (figured Kilgore was a different version on the Ocean Cleanup thread). Hope Jacey and bensiddhe are well!!

Happy News Year!!

In some ways... glad to say good-bye to the year!

Onwards and upwards! Yukon, ho! And all that jazz...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hahaha.. you take away my bottle im switching to cans. Because! "Yes we CAN!"

The family was crazy as usual.
My little bro picked me up walk in my moms house and shes asking if we have enough beer. I brought a case i said.. shes like but what about the rest of us? They had what looked like 2 more cases (For That night...)
Then whiskey shots beer and music.. some of it was christmas music even. My great uncle was there so of course physics and quantum mechanics comes up.. get the two of us together. He goes over my head. Chili and cornbread.. chocolate pecan pie.

Fire.. beer.. music.. repeat..

I brought my snes classic and played my brothers' and sister's favorite games from way back without them knowing i was doing it on purpose..

Went to my dad's.. fire in the back after beers beef stew and horseshoes.. sister made the fire. Didnt realize us guys always took it over and she felt left out. hes building furniture now which is hilarious because ive been looking at tools and wood for my first actual good looking furniture im going to make. Hes randomly insanely good at it. Of course he is . When we see each other we just laugh.. we buy the same boots.. lose our phones on purpose.. we are like post apocalyptic hobos before the apocalypse stylewise and otherwise. Like looking in a mirror and laughing at yourself.

We talked the trials of running kitchens. He is kinda famous for it.. I didnt know as a kid. Ended up in the restaurant game and too many people know my last name. No one where I work. He jokingly asked me to hire him. No.. we keep our distance from each other. Its all too trippy.

Sister was nicer than usual shes at one of the oldest bars in chicago. Makes up new drinks. Total copy cat. My oldest restaurant in town game. Her oldest bar game.

Dad had green.. I gave mom green.. lol.
We hardly exchanged gifts besides that.
Its more the present of presence.

We talked of navy boats and far off coasts and things I cant repeat. Us kiddies always discuss our childhoods when we're together still trying to figure it out.. this person doesnt love me, that person ruined my life.. reverbs is the most adjusted one?? Ha!

I even gave myself an extra day to stay and miss work. Gm.. "you coming in?" Me... "..." you coming in tomorrow?" Me... "..." gm "i ordered produce."
Yea bro im coming back just chillin with the fam.

Yup..
Thats about it.

If I had a normal job or normal family i would have gone insane by now. Im so proud of them all.
All my family.

edit on 30-12-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Because I am not smart enough to think of it myself!!

m.phys.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That sounds like it would have been a great movie to watch! "The Reverbses" & now Sylvester, I have to work. Are you working too? 2018 gets kicked out with boom and sparkling stuff.

Uppsala. That's what I say when I drop something.
as long as it's testable. Seems still pretty far fetched, "a bubble in an extra dimension"= math fiction.

I almost got shot tonight in my dream. It was weird. My alarm rang five times and the dream just continued.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Im working until im not then i will have about 2 hours left in 2018. My dreams... yikes. Then its one more year until we reach 365 days of hindsight, because everyone knows hindsight is 2020.

I like the bubble universe. Its sort of how i imagine it. I guess you're not wrong though. Where's the proof?
But I also think the current idea is unproven and made up.

Its all conceptions.. I think of building molecules as balls with sticks inbetween. I think people forget that they are looking at the model, not whats actually there.

In this particular case a kitty would be curious whats inside the bubble? But I can imagine how the bubble would be where the "science minded" would say the universe appears to be flat. Like the eaeth appeared flat. The horizon of the bubble universe would be at 14 billion light years or so. That would tell you the curvature if you presume a bubble shape. The visable universe being only some arc section of the surface. Everywhere would look like the point of the big bang.

But whats inside the bubble? The same as outside? Extradimensional? Like firmaments ? Lol.

edit on 31-12-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just popped in to wish you all a Happy New Year. Signed __The Elvin Lurker

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I hope your new year is awesome night star.
Because!
You are awesome.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Second that opinion!!

I feel musical. I have warned you!!!

Ready for the new days!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Thank you Gentlemen! It was pretty much as depicted in the meme...sort of. LOL

Hope you guys had a good one!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I didn't mean looking for it, I mean I don't look at it, as in, I don't pay it any attention. Just because a phone is ringing doesn't mean I have to answer it, and if it is important, they'll ring back, otherwise, it is very low on my list of priorities. And I don't feel any need, want or desire to "reset" again, there's still too much that I need to come to terms with from the last round and having awareness that that may be a consequence of giving attention to those referential thoughts. It takes quite a bit of the fun out of things admittedly but it is what it is and I have to do what I have to do...'til I've come to terms with things.

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Hey Annaanna (figured Kilgore was a different version on the Ocean Cleanup thread). Hope Jacey and bensiddhe are well!!

Happy New Year TEOTs and everyone else who may be reading, past, present and future.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Haha, true. 2020 when enlightemnent has to be normal.

Flat, bubble, whatever it's too big to ever see what's true either way. My new year resolution, I'll take a break from giving a #.
I focus on programming and making pretty pictures, wait for it, because I'll abuse ATS as gallery.
The woo is mean. I wanted to play, it didn't, now I don't want to anymore.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Isn't there a saying something like you are what you focus on? There should be. Or your life is...?
I'm at work, maybe I can think of more intelligent things to say when I'm home.

Happy new year

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here’s some weirdness.

Just told my sister about the Greys and my experience with them. Seems her daughter has had “dreams” about them off and on for years.

This is the first time that I have ever said anything about this! Figured, New Year and all...

Strange having a confirmation from someone I never met. And here I am being the “hero” and taking all the responsibility myself. And it didn’t matter! They what they want with no regard for (me, you, anybody who has contact). Bastids, if you ask me.

Strange finding this out now! 30 years too late...

ETA: Found our that none of us (siblings) want kids (like are trying to protect them). How random is that?!!
edit on 1-1-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: I can...

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That's really big. How are you taking it? Why do you think it's 30 years too late? And for what? You never met your niece?
Sorry I got more questions than smart things to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join