It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I really can't comment on that if you'd ask me who is the Grinch I'd say Jim Carey. It's very American and never really made it over the sea. Sorry baby, I'm useless.

But I have a funny story. I had my first pervert calling. "Tights?" Was all he said, so I was talking about tights, black ones, brown ones, really tight tights, fitting like a second skin.
I made him very happy very fast

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I lately get ads on ATS which are weirdly on topic.
Now I wrote this thread and get this innogy ad which say something like:
" everything is okay at home "

Is that synchronicity, or communication? I so did it and made contact.

Can you hear the music?
It's from me to you.
Merry Christmas!

edit on 19-12-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Merry Christmas peeps!

As it turns out somehow my scattered family will all make it to one place this year from thousands of mils away. And somehow I have all that time off as well.

Four more days. Then the insanity will start. Maybe we can go see my dad as well.

Everything is ok at my home.

Ive had that errie contact feeling a lot, but after all those experiences the contacter didn't feel like it was a conscious being contacting me through space/time, but more of like I was accidentally noticing the magic behind the curtain. Like the universe itself is alive though not a person.. sometimes it connects to you or a part does..

The last jre podcast guest, Sir Roger Penrose, was talking about consciousness and how its not information or a computational device. Algorithms arent conscious you see.

I for one don't ever understand how people think information being computed would be anything other than computational in nature, but its all anyone has seen so far of the brain.. so that must be all of it.

Most of the podcast is about math and quantum physics. Fully straightlaced even. No fantastical interpretations. Oddly he has become a microtubules might be structures in the brain that allow for quantum effects to occur within.
He also mentions how its odd the brain uses synapses instead of direct circuits.. I actually would say its so emotions and brain waves can have cascade effects.

If it was all wired in it would be way faster computationally, but what would steer the computational speed? On your computer you are the one steering the computations. So while you can talk to me on this screen, none of that information knows its there.. only we do.

To the internet of all information.. nothing exists.
But there could come a time when we make something that has the other effects beyond information that could give us a conscious non biological entity.

I imagine it would need analogues to hormones, electrolytes, drugs(my definition), synapses, microtubules, sense perception, memory...

Even then Im not sure what is consciousness.

Seems like you need a spark to light the fire.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Beautiful. Everything needs a spark to make fire.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Maybe the universe exists, because it observes itself? The wave collapses with an observer.
Proof. Bamm!

Consciousness is a function, not an object. Our bodies are generators. We are made of living ... things. Microbes etc, from all of them a little bit consciousness emerges, gets generated by them.
It's also energy. Electricity is not "all things that make a spark". The tip of the iceberg.
Consciousness is the dark energy in the universe. The big unknown.
It's only logical, because otherwise it wouldn't exist: the wave only collapses with an observer.
It needs one. Or the electron stays in an undefined state.
Bamm!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I took that and ran. This
Shaky Graves is how my morning started. He is doing it all by himself.
Imagine he'd have a really good band.
And the guitar! Love it so much. I can't wait for my wifi! First I didn't want it and suddenly I need it.
I can't wait! January 11th, behold the super wild ride that will start then.
It's all good, I got some presents for me, hat Austrian "Himbeeraugen", I think I'm good for this year.
How wonderful even Reverbs gets some family time!?
Merry Christmas guys & gals!
you all so much!

Come back, everybody at once, I need your input. Even if it's seeming random, share it with me, please. I need you. Only all of you beautiful weirdos and me the freak together can maybe identify what the problem is.
Keep talking, please, all of you.
We didn't find eachother here on this site, in this niché as a result of chance but because of fate.
We could together figure out the problem and start making suggestions how to solve them.
Let's start with consciousness. Here
What do you think are the problems?
Let's play. I am the alien. TEOT is our science guy (beyond that you're free to develop your character as you like).
Reverbs is the complicated guy, the magician.
BBD is the shakra dude.
Serdgiam is the calm machines & novelty guy.
Kandinsky our historian.
...or you know what? Be what you like. As long as we all assume we made contact. Try me. And yourself.
Let's have a truly inspired discussion how it all works.
We can figure out all die big questions together, I am sure.
What do you think is the biggest problem on the way to a unified theory?
I really do believe consciousness is the answer. We have to stop treating it like the stepchild of matter.
Remember how we talked about information being the basis for everything? Information carries consciousness. Not much, not that complicated, but some.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

My family time will be amazing.
I just had awesone family time with my roommates.
My family on top of my locality is my ATS family.

And here we all are.

The biggest issue for a unified theory is that the forces involved are not anywhere close to each other on a scale of magnitude.

What I see is people are well down a path in the woods, and they're lost, but they are further than anyone else got.

I can't see enough on my own.

I only see what I notice.
I only experience what effects me.

Now what?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I so can't wait for this day to be over. I want to crawl into my bed and think about it all.

With the scale I think it's the same problem as different stati, like fluid/gas.

You're only lost if you look for a way back home. Without the need to go home you can truly see where the path wants to take you. Like the fool.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

If you like a continuity from one consciousness into another... especially the bog one known as between sleep and wakefulness? Where you do not have to go through the day subtly piece by piece dispersing energy?

Pick a phrase that you like or motto that inspires you; repeat it over and over like a mantra or just a mantra... then on waking? Resume it.

Just like counting sheep jumping the fence... so the wolf of death can't eat them all by morning and then return later that day hiding among them on the other side over and over.

The same can be done with a favourite image or yantra a visual "mantra" last thing looking at before sleep and then the first thing seen in the morning.

Both together?

Impenetrable gates to one's temple/vehicle or vimana(fate). It boots all obstacles out of one's life... forcing them to accept their own kamma/reaping and to stop reaping/robbing your storehouses in the three worlds.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Oh gates! I forgot about the gates!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
HI MetaCaféterians!!

The main boos over promised on a process he does not understand. This is after the same boss fired one person and hand their duties to me. Not knowing or understanding how things were set up, we had work promised to be delivered by the end of the year. The last two weeks have been a PITA to say the least!

Took 4 of us to update 65 business critical documents so auditors next year can look at them and say, "that font is different" or "that date is wrong" but I say, without being told about being sold down the river, or anything about the process, we did it! I just finished up this morning and will view that as my Christmas present to myself! In fact, I am out of here in an hour for the Christmas break.

I will be on phone just to banter and say "Hi" and joke about it being so cold outside I frostbitten my missile toe!!

Merry Christmas (hey, if DB can say it, so can I!!) MetaCaféterians!!

(mulled wine this time!)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You have booses and bosses?
I hate # like that.

Enjoy that break.
Merry christmas brother Teot!

I have 1.5 days left.
Can't come soon enough.

edit on 21-12-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF & to: Reverbs

Yeah it's all very nice.

Is the universe a place of chaos, or determination? That's what I am thinking about.
Personally yes, just talking about my own experience without any construct of what might why.
But at the same time I believe everything happens for a reason. In a more abstract way.
And I don't see that much chaos. My place looks worse.
I even got the weather I wanted. Animals are probably closer to god than we are.
It's just a thought, but why not both?
Often more thing than one is true about an object.
The corner stones are set. And the rest is for you to enjoy and have some fun with it.
You in this and that mood have to be at that place at that time.
The rest how you get there and so on is your decision.
That's where accidents happen. But there's always a plan b-z.
That's how smart "god" is. And logically you only get the tasks he thinks you can handle.
Some have just a beginners task others already get the really hard stuff.
Depending on how you performed before.
If you see god in all life that's a first step, but I would worry about all the other possible gods, talking to us through experiences, art, life. You know how it is with alliances.
Sure it happens but they don't last that long.

The gates, or classes are for us to remember what we forgot. We make many rounds here, because what are we?
We are the sexiest pile of cells around. That's who.
I never saw "god" but I see life everywhere I look.
I think they're one and the same. People, cats, dogs, horses, whales, bacteria, ... if there is a god, they'd all know him.
For a god to be gone doesn't make any sense. He is everywhere in this universe, where would he go?
The gate now is who will be first to see god? And since there are a few billion people, it won't be one, but quite a few.
I am not saying they will se him "outside".

Oh and baby: you need to spend more time with us. What can possibly be so important you can't take care of us anymore?
Baby come back!

edit on 22-12-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ah honey bunch, who loves you baby?!

Like “god” you don’t need me. I am keeping you stuck to some crazy ideas... just like the notion of god.

What if there is no god??

Then who’s to blame?

You need time to sort things out. I was just giving you that time (having been through rehab a couple of times... kinda know that focus is you not somebody else).

And what if you are the only one responsible for you? That means you have to watch out for yourself. No guys in the sky to save you (it is not as scary or lonely as it sounds).

But you already know that you have a support base of people that love (you do know that, right?)

This god talk is you questioning. It always happens. Don’t be obsessed with “the answer” to everything. (Hint: we can’t know it or even express it if we did). You have most of the answers anyway!

All I know is that life is still a mystery. Love confuses me sti. Most people are idiots. I like dogs.

Welp, that’s me in a nutshell!

Stop being judgmental on yourself and just be.

Merry X-mas, baby!! XOXO (XXX, lol!!)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

God: it could be everything from microbes to dark energy and a kind of awareness of earth who talks to the other planets and stars, it could be all that we're seeing and experiencing is really designed for us, the experience is scripted. While we are free to make our own choices.
Choose the rules by which you want to play.
That's character.
The freedom to choose restrictions.

Personally I can't imagine a world without god.
His tentacles touched me. Lord Cthulu!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Quantum12 says “Hi” before he got cut off (seems someone doesn’t want him on ATS).

That is a hug? Keep people from speaking and keep people from learning the truth!!

Some of us are watching,..,

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It's nice you're around, baby.

Did you see one of the other kids was mean to me!?
It said my posting was abnormal. And others say stupid things too, like I am crazy.
Then I was asking it to back it up and it kept saying condescending stupid things.
But it never backed its accusations up.

But some of the other guys are really funny and nice so that keeps me hanging around here.
I won't lie, I am high, but I am also having tons of fun and am doing research.
I think we're trying to discuss some really heavy topics.
What's what and how does it work?
It just would be nice if we could stay on topic and stop the private stuff a bit.
Focus!

With every theory comes the point where you have to make a prediction how stuff should behave if you do things.
I am not comfortable enough to make one yet.
What about you?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Nadine, I am in love with you.

Don’t you get that??!

And I know enough to leave you alone to discover a new path. That is rehab. But the truth is that you don’t need anymore!

It sucks and it hurts... but that is life!!

We will (have to) meet each other face to face until then XOXO!!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Okay great! Let's all meet in Jerusalem. It's a little postponed but it will happen. You Reverbs and me.
That would be so awesome.
With those walls we trigger maybe some holographic recording this other guy was talking about. I bet magic will happen if we meet there. Really messed up, freaky, cool things will happen. We probably will trigger eachother like crazy.
We might have no choice but have to have *forbidden word* with eachother.

I got a warning. Now I try to behave extra good.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Ask him to share an "eye" as the same eye is only found in one other place: The goat.

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join