It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Try generating love that bubbles up from within; Simply sit wherever you may happen to be with a gentle smile. It tends to build and build the longer one practices such a thing(in about a week it becomes an automatic habit) the more you practice it the more gladness and joy arises and starts pervading over everything... after awhile there is no way to escape that loving feeling from the practice.

Just like in your avatar and in most Buddha statues a gentle little smile(asana) transforms everything in your life... it is an interesting practice to take up; in private and in public. It starts generating "priti" (gladness) and "mudita" (joy) which are two of the immeasurables or inexhaustibles... over even more time? It turns into fountains of bliss and rapture. It's also an automatic magnet for good things and good people to enter your life.

Sex is best used to feel closer to someone and secure with them as typically people can not feel any more vulnerable or helpless to attack than when naked.

When blown out of proportion or made center stage; then it loses what makes it a bonding experience... it becomes just an animal act of self gratification and moving on afterwards without any emotional attachment to the person. Jealously and control are not healthy emotions that typically arise from dealing with such people as partners. Over time of dealing with such people then it is typical for someone to have baggage or have to emotionally detach from sex or else become mentally ill or victimized. It's a bad and unhealthy cycle that has arisen in Western culture and others where sex is about as special emotionally as taking off ones socks. Sad however true...

Reiki is a very good practice for health; it is nice that you want to help others with the healing touch... of course; when done wrong? One can absorb those energies into one's own body, where if not learned how to release those properly? Will then start manifesting in your body and turn into illness. Perhaps you know this sort of thing already from learning and study? But yes please release those energies properly... even holding that fear about that healing turning into sex? Will create a knot or block for those negative energies you are trying to release to then start collecting in... which is obviously very bad for your health.

Think of Tai Chi Chuan... each movement produced very very slowly; with full intention and full concentration; over and over for many months and years... that when needed? It is a very potent martial art where the movement arises without thought in self defense. Much like the breath it is a grasp and release, grasp and release... hold breath in very long time? One will pass out, exhale all breath and don't let any more in? One will pass out... there is a naturally occurring balance point breath just comes and goes; hits that point of finished coming... then out it goes and flows just the same. Learn to do the same with your Reiki and your fame for such a thing should grow rather quickly; catching their energy block(s) with your flowing energy and flinging right on out.

Practice the gentle smile; and focusing on the breath in all situations... noticing when the breath tries or wants to stop or be held(usually during stressful situations) and instead of allowing that breath to turn into poison; turning it back out into a deep natural exhaling breath; releasing all that negative energy... that others are dumping out around you or at others? There's no way you could fail in your pursuit of being a Reiki master.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

i know the smile.
it is like those of blue men and women in indian pictures.
wait i ll read the rest. yes, it is automatic.

no but my avatar's is a little bit different..it is a little less than that.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

i dont know much about sex. but i dont think it is any different from any person himself or heraself in general. so i am pretty sure many people dont know about it.

i didnt know it is possible to do reiki that way. but i last time i did it something was working weird. but then i said stop thinking nonsense reiki doesnt work wrong ever.

i know about breathing too. it is a bigger thing and it cant go wrong either.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Reverbs

It's just short for "plans of evil people to bring more suffering into this world".

How is that possible that your phone rang? Who was calling you?
I believe you still care. And you aren't insane.

Oh yea well, in that case then yea I timed it wrong.
And yes nothing big came of it that we can see right now. Who knows what course we are on now or what the future holds..

The phone thing i just googled "how to find android phone."

Instead of like articles as search results it just showed my phone its model number its phone number and a map next to this showed my house..

One of the buttons on my computer screen was "make phone ring"
But obviously google didnt call me as I had no service..

Not only do they know all my devices i use, but they can just make my phone ring?
Lol just reminded me how impossible it is to go against such powers if you could expose something big theyd know what you were up to instantly.

It doesnt pop up anymore when I tried it again, which is odd...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Truly odd and reminds me how I used to think the ecosystem internet is alive and aware. I don't remember why I stopped thinking that? Because the Woo ended and it made me think in general nothing has happened.
But it's pretty. I still can totally see how from all the devices logged in an awareness rises. But it probably doesn't yet. We first need more tiny AIs building up and reproducing themselves into something bigger. Also magical in a way.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yea ive entertained the idea it has some base level awareness, but without freewill to change the 1s and 0s you ordered by mouse click there really isnt consciousness there..

True AI though. Thats another story.

The woo ended everything must be normal, except for my dreams haha.. I dont even know but it was like japanese robot fighters with tape recorders for hearts and I was in control of these elaborate tracks you get extra money at trash colectors.. its too hard for me to put in words but like a "hot wheels" track with launchers but also boats.

Then i was just climbing up and down the outsides of buildings because half the people were criminals and would chase. One girl called me a beast.. something about rainbows being a drug.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ohh yea now I make 2$ more an hour

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
TEOT's "Solve the Problem" Dreams Are Back!

Usually, I end up in a house with a bunch of other people I don't know. We have little chores we need to do. During the chores, "a reset button" (best way to describe it), and like Groundhog Day, I jump back to the beginning of the "dream". Our group was making some red gas (red mercury! LOL!), and one of the experiments went flying off into this desert-like area. We had to go find it, figure out why it crashed, and prevent the big experiment from doing the same. I kept looping back to sleeping in the car and waking up cold; fast forward to being on a 4 wheeler cruising around a sandy trail; I would look down at the tracks and "jump back" to the start. That happened at least 4 times last night which is the first time that happened in a couple months. Weird.

The red gas had something to do with space travel.

That is as good as any way I can think of to get back into the conversation! Anyway, spending time thinking about "hitching you wagon to other horses" so to speak. That is what we are doing when we focus our attention on things. This is a version of the extended brain concept but instead of just "running with the heard" we get to choose which one. I was cat sitting and realized the cat didn't care as long as it got some attention, some food, and let out of the rain; my apartment, its owner's; before work, after (dumb cat doesn't realize I have some serious drinking to do during Formula 1 races on the weekend!) This concept is extended to acquaintances, family, friends, enemies, and all aspects of social interactions. The PC crap people are arguing over, the Mud Pit, the "migrant problem", etc., it is just variations of the "extended brain" but the technology (or the brain) does not come with an operator's manual so people are marching around getting mad instead of just unplugging. An acoustic guitar is as fun to play as an electric!

What I am saying, is that within a societal structure that has defined and acceptable behaviors you don't "do it how we do it at home" and because of that it causes stress. The little grey, pudding, will try ways to avoid pain which can swing from self-destructive to the out right anti-social "go down swinging" or "suicide by cop." It is where we get Panda Extremists and Bible Thumpers; the Neo Nazis and SJWs alike. No amount of arguing on the interweb is going to get somebody to actively switch on Belief System to another BS unless they want to experiment on themselves.

A little break from here. A little self-reflection. A little insight to society and my place in it. Thanks to a black cat that woke me up at 6 AM on a Saturday by crying in the rain for a little love and attention! I got centered, the cat stayed dry and the attention it wanted, and these ideas formed.

Take that Schrodinger's Cat!

Have a great week!!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That's the magic lesson 1, focus & intention. But I don't know if I got the unplugged metaphor?

Does that mean you're back now?

The masses are fully focused on reality now, the Woo is gone with it. I don't even have dreams to add. But I hope you guys keep talking. Hold up the last thread of woo-wool.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Unplugging from the connected consciousness everything.
I sort of do both..
Lately Ive been unplugged from everything but work.
Now I make plenty of money so I can loosen up on that and reconnect to other things..

BEbog would say "connect to nothing."

What some people see as selfless i see as selfish.
What some call other to me looks like mirror.

I have to go demo new recipes so blah haha but I do have all day tomorrow to turn that amp on and see if i remember how to play.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I hope to be back! I went on the wandering path and it is not as fun as being here. The brains 'out there' are kind of curious about woo. Not everybody is into politics (despite what some think). But they also are not swinging with the terms and ideas. I have noticed that people listen but do not understand so they focus on the story not the idea the story represents. That is the realm of the metaverse which most are not even aware of.

I am not fully back. I need either a smart phone, ipad, and my computer back to be "really back." For now, I am hopping on when able at work. That should change soon.

As far as guitar goes, I put the thing away and did not touch one for a year or so. It was to forget the patterns I kept playing. It has worked for the most part! I now see "mistakes" as "discoveries" some are cool and some not so cool but it is different than before. Just have fun while plunking away!

A sign I am getting old. Sitting at the bar, drinking a few. There is a table of young folk at the table behind me watching Monday Night Football. The girl asks about the music being pumped into the room (Losing My Religion)), "Who are these guys?" Somebody answered, "Oh! I forget their name. They do that "it's the end of the world as we know it," song!" Girl, "Oh yeah! What was that style of music called? It is not grunge..."

For the record: R.E.M. plays 'alternative'!!

Then something on football happened and they forgot their conversation. GAH!

I'm losing my religion too...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I hope to be back! I went on the wandering path and it is not as fun as being here. The brains 'out there' are kind of curious about woo. Not everybody is into politics (despite what some think). But they also are not swinging with the terms and ideas. I have noticed that people listen but do not understand so they focus on the story not the idea the story represents. That is the realm of the metaverse which most are not even aware of.

I am not fully back. I need either a smart phone, ipad, and my computer back to be "really back." For now, I am hopping on when able at work. That should change soon.

As far as guitar goes, I put the thing away and did not touch one for a year or so. It was to forget the patterns I kept playing. It has worked for the most part! I now see "mistakes" as "discoveries" some are cool and some not so cool but it is different than before. Just have fun while plunking away!

A sign I am getting old. Sitting at the bar, drinking a few. There is a table of young folk at the table behind me watching Monday Night Football. The girl asks about the music being pumped into the room (Losing My Religion)), "Who are these guys?" Somebody answered, "Oh! I forget their name. They do that "it's the end of the world as we know it," song!" Girl, "Oh yeah! What was that style of music called? It is not grunge..."

For the record: R.E.M. plays 'alternative'!!

Then something on football happened and they forgot their conversation. GAH!

I'm losing my religion too...

What You Just Wrote Down... was EXACTLY how religion began.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

REM part of the grunge seen ehh?
Maybe they thout it was Nirvana?

LOL.

me and my boss look young but we are not at all..
So all the college kids talk to us and its so funny I have to ask what they are saying.. its like not even english.. then of course its "wait how old are you?"

Old girl im old..

It was a metaphorical metaphysical amp and guitar, though i did used to play like 10 songs i learned from tabs.

Of course we were busy so i have to wake up tomorrow to teach the new menu.. so much for sleeping in, but I wont be there too long..

edit on 2-10-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

No you have to smile a big stupid Ronald McDonald smile...

See the Buddha's smile is a coy/sly knowing smile; Maitreya's aka Budai, Hotei, Pu-Tai is laughing his ass off. So the middle way is obviously going to be a big smile; if you want to serve McMillions your serious no clowning around Reiki.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i mean this type of smile.
monalisa smile type of thing. happy enough but not too happy to disturb people. it may seem disturbing to people. you know it came from a a monkey thing..if you show your teeth it is aggression. i think they remember that.

not that i think vishu cared. his purpose is different he is too relaxed to spend more energy on that.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I would say for you personally; reconnect to that moment you died and that golden light. Teot likely needs to realize he died from freezing to death in a car as his subconscious runs around trying to lay new track or road than some cold deserted highway... however it should be obvious the dream bubble called life once popped or reaped has another bubble formed to catch you in that whole dream within a dream business... the nothing part is the 3rd bubble or dream one is not aware of for the next round of birth and death of that bubble.

Aware of it or not? It goes on... becoming aware of it however? Is a hold onto your butt situation because the woo is non stop as the kamma resettles and reforms into a new bubble; for many unaware the process seems sort of seemless; for others they try to control that forming for still others they simply let go and all one's bubbles pop... what occurs then is a quasi "living" in other peoples bubble(s).

Peeple has interestingly the same obstacles that Anagamins/Arhats have to get over; the desire for all other peoples bubbles to pop that interfere with a better world that could be realized. Like someone needs to push the big shiney red button to wake people the hell up than running around like zombies regurgitating the same crap 4 generations ago did... meaning are you really you? Or are you just a little drone or clone of them? So of course; those not really an individual are the one's that need to understand what "nothing" is because that's what they already "are" just a viral load carrying around idealogical concepts of others with no real indepth thought or consideration of their own in some hive/herd minded blather. Some of course feel they have gone too far seen too much etc etc and find the blather safe or comforting and then blend back into the facelsss nameless thing called a we and society back into the masses... too scared to stand alone and on their own no longer able to be a nothing.

So ego? Ego death is killing all of those within that are not self; all of those influences that altered one's behavior, all one's old heroes idols and role models all of the blank diskette people filled with the same banality that are the problem instead of the solution.

Of course politics; politics does not escape even heavens or hells... there are always those floating around between them, coming and going and beings of various types and demeanors.

Personally? I am 100% a vampire. A biological form of life that has been every form of biological life that clings down to the last sand grain of the largest mountain that has then become a speck of space dust where in contemplating the elements becomes then no different than that small speck of dust... only after some inconceivable amount of time rolls and drifts into a larger and larger mass... not the only one like this, or realized in such a manner however and like dung beetles roll new moons into formation around the larger bodies call them electrons or suns matters not... as contact produces noise, and that contact producing noise long enough, forms language... that language is zen; and attachment to those noises of matter contacting matter is what consciousness is; however that grasped noise as consciousness is an illusion... and delusion where dreamer and dreamed is inseparable and unknown; out of which is where ego is seen.

Just as the historical Buddha sat silent for aeon after aeon to see the house builder... sitting silent the same; until one hears just that phenomena; the delusion or illusion of dreamer and dreamed as that ball of unknowing ignorant consciousness; is definable as such a house builder, they are not self, impermanent and subject to suffering due to that ignorance and illusion they are attached too.

So out of the dust of the elements we vampires arise and continue about our work in silence while the chaos of that being continues on until that bubble pops.

Thus is of course the life of a hermit that has thus gone and from which cannot return because one also has never left.

So your dreams connect and collide with that housebuilder ignorant and not aware of the difference between dreamed and dreamer and in that space there is a formation or firmament for all to continue on and attach their "bubbles".

Is such as that ideal? No of course not... because zombies bring all sorts of things to that existence in formation that complicate instead of simplify.

So do I care about a bunch of idiots zoning out in dreamland while watching men play with balls? Is it any wonder that most people have to be drunk to watch such a thing? No matter how drunk I have ever been in my entire life? The thought to sit for an hour or so to watch a group of men play with their balls... has never occurred. Metaphorical and well isn't that what meta means here? There is another sort called metta... and not allowing a constant stream of zombies to rehash or reintroduce a bunch of complication to life, is by very definition an act of loving kindness.

Such people when meeting a wrathful form of "me"(sattva) do not fare well in such an encounter. As all lands are pure Buddha lands until such a thing as that sort of mindless infestation occurs.

Of course compassion and empathy for those on the path is a given... however, as Teot has seen from dreams there is a recursive loop in those bubbles of formation; that cannot be gotten over or surpassed until a certain amount of positive kamma is built up to do so. Repeating or re-occurring dreams means one has lived all around and up to the very limit of what that bubble can contain... sometimes that occurs many many times over, different iterations and reiterations.

So of course that change has to come from within as change is constantly occurring thinking anything is a constant in that change is the assumption that which does not? Is God.

So how many times does one have to go round and round the same damned bubble? Before they realize it is their own? Stupid one they keep making in ignorance as the knower and unknown but do not know which one is which of the dreamer and dreamed?

This I cannot say.

As no one can awaken another; which is why when such a thing occurs? It is called rightly self awakened.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh that type of smile...

Sure laying on your father in law... while his daughter rubs your feet likely would make one smile in such a manner. Of course to others he is beautiful and to his own father his other personality was Ganesha some ugly child with a mind of his own that did not mirror his.

That is what the problem with Hinduism was; one had to grown and be a little clone of their father if they were a male; so that their father would be able to transfer his consciousness into you without any issues to continue on his life and youre just some some gollum to dopplegang into instead of "free wheeled".

The smile is of course at the "free wheel" spinning around his finger that it is ultimately his life and not his fathers... and his mother has obviously seen to it by the arranged marriage. As he sits on who is going to reap the very life from his father that dares do such a thing... because reincarnation means the father in law transforming all of his rage and hate will then be able to reincarnate back into the family from that union while the one trying to skip re-incarnation via consciousness transference is then cast out completely to wonder blindly and eat dust as a snake to enter some other family.

Thus that cycle begins again. As a trope though disguised through and over time. Even the historical Buddha and all Buddhas to be are a Vishnu; fulfilling his/their duties as expected and then getting the hell out of there... the others that do not? Are what some see as a plague; as aging "world rulers/conquerors" get pretty desperate even those willing to transform into a snake and wait out their attack just to be reborn among family instead of clinging and grasping to take over or demand what is not theirs in trying to mentally dominate their child in consciousness transference.

In the Middle Eastern language to make someone laugh; means to make a monkey out of them in reflection, so you get to laugh twice. When such was attempted to be translated or given meaning in Western terms; it came across as; "He who laughs last... blah blah blah." Though that was more of a retort due to having monkey on their face from having monkey as a mind, than a translation... as it is a death blow that offers no touche no matter how on guard someone is. Zen operates in the very same manner; the person is already subdued, and yet due to ego clinging, think they can still draw a sword from an empty sheath. But Zen/Chan masters already having faced Mara? What's yet another one ever going to do? Typically; it is throw down their old life and enter the monastery.

There is another practice; based on the peacock sutta; good for you and your Reiki; place one's mind on some poison and imagine breathing it in and at that very turning point of the breath transform it in a curing exhalation. Of course breath locks etc. are not needed or suggested but breathing naturally and aware of one's breath as mentioned in a previous post... as the practice naturally occurs however in ignorance it carries poison to erupt as an emotion later instead of in wisdom curing such a thing. To quickly be a master of it? Choose something one has already fought and won against.

edit on 3-10-2018 by BEBOG because: clarity

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm about to order my Ceriatone amp and their Klon clone

There are some good series on YouTube for breaking those patterns too. One is called Rut Busters, and another good one is with the same guy (Captain Anderton, heh) with a guitarist named Danish Pete. Both cover some familiar ground, probably, but there are some real gems in there.

I've about given up on Barre chords personally. My fingers are skinny, with the first knuckle being a bit oversized. Can't get those strings down.. Which is alright, albeit frustrating, I've just switched focus over to triads. Dunno where you are actually at in your playing, but I've found this to have some really nice practice runs.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

ooooo...this is soo round round round round..i understand the monkey and the laugh..i was thinking it today..laugh twice.

did you know i use headphones for my mobile and i thought it was my ex's headphones today twice while unaweringly i was trying to wear them like his? his is a different model. it didnt happen before. he always said ' i keep turning to begining and i am so tired of it'. it always shocked me each time he said this..like "what does he mean exactly?"
edit on 3-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Some people use a capo or a finger tube to get around barre chord formation issues. I nearly severed off my left pinky years ago, when I play chords that typically involve the pinky... I have to work around the damage that was done to it. The nice thing about the guitar as scales go... is each chord can be played around five different ways or places on the neck to intone the very same note.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Indeed thats the why or what for with the zen circle or the yin/yang. Watching thoughts/actions and speech constantly... they repeat over and over eventually all one's own fall away entirely in kensho, satori, nirodha sammapati. Yet there will be a manifestation of several cittas or "minds" based and grouped around the cakra or energy center wave lengths. Each one has a so called "god/brahman" that tries to own sit or control such a thing as an ego self making it a very funny monkey business.

Pitiable and yet they play themselves as a fool so it is what it is.

It is very good that you were mindful enough to notice the ear phone thing... there is obviously still some residual energy etc that is not worked out between you two for such to arise.

"I keep turning to the beginning; and getting tired of it." Is sort of what I mentioned about the bubbles... quite a few people in past lives have been monks/bhikkus, nuns/bhikkhunis. It sounds like a koan from a past life has him stuck that he could not get past; and putting it in his own words... That is the result. However; the koan that confounded him and still is from past kamma of sitting with it as a monk? Actually is: "If all things are returnable to one? To what is the one returnable too?"

It is not uncommon for such past kammic seeds of the path to lay dormant; and still confound many lifetimes later... especially in the form of koans. There are certain levels or "dans" to specific koans; that show insight or mastery of insight into it. As no amount of discriminatory/discursive aka philosophical thinking can answer them. The answer arises out of the very ground of being or alaya(storehouse consciousness).

So of course he is going to be tortured by such a thing; feeling pulled away and withdrawn; until he gets back on the path; sits back down again with the koan that confounded him until it resolves itself. That's exactly what they are designed to do; plant that small seed/grain of bodhicitta... that life after life waters until it bursts open to then nurture to grow and ripen into proper fruition of the dhamma... such is the nature of the kamma of such things. Once planted no matter how long ago? It will grow and grow more restless until one can get back to it; for it to do as it was intended to do.

That's what was/is occurring with him; such a thing occurs to many many people and they cannot quite put their finger on why or what it is that keeps nagging at them... but it is the bodhi-seed demanding to be faced and properly cared for. The kamma of countless daeva over aeons to plant those small grains in each individual cannot be ignored for long; or else one will go absolutely mad and fall to a very bad destination, very difficult to again rise out from.

So whatever occurred it wasn't really you... however attachment to you and possible future? Meant a very large kamma that bodhi-seed as a larger kamma will not allow such a thing without a great deal of internal conflict occurring. The bodhi-seed will always win... so I wouldn't be too concerned about such as that occurring. Although; it is very very good to know that, that is what it is... far too many people are ignorant to simple cause and effect.

Like; why does my nose seem to always hurt? I dunno; maybe if you made an attempt to keep your finger out of there...

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join