It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Oh, Pinocchio. 2B or knot two bee. I like the Fool step off the cliff whilst my Head doth be in the Clouds!

a reply to: Reverbs

Hehe! I am starting to turn gray but carry on like a 20 year old. Confuses the h3ll out people! This one guy was pacing at the bus station as I was standing there (and not next to the pool of vomit) and he accused me of "staring at him" and wondered "do I have a problem"! I told him he was the least interesting thing at the bus station *smile whilst 'staring' at the vomit* he told me to stop it. I said, "Then stop pacing in front or me. What I am supposed to look at? You d!ck". Which made the other guy standing there move away from both of us!

I gave him that Buddha smile and went back to graphing whirly functions on the complex plane!

a reply to: Serdgiam

Nice! I have not thought of purchasing anything new since Dora. Maybe a 12 string acoustic. Or a Marshall head. But I do not need 100 watts of power to play AC/DC songs! OK, I'll admit it, Rush.

I have not extended my brain/guitar playing onto the interweb. I am slowly reading music and playing classical; pounding out songs by ear (Searching With My Good Eye Closed being the latest); and extending chords (ala Opeth, which do that because each guitarist is playing a different part of a chord each. I do the "circles of pain" Satriani-style arpeggio and stumble (lol, 'stunble'!!) across Metallica); and banjo! And actually play grunge songs on banjo! It started with Come As You Are and I've added Outshined and couple Foo Fighters tunes!

Serial! Collective Soul's hit on banjo is pretty damned funny!!

:rawk:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'll just assume that Dora is the Explorer, because.. well.. that seems right

I buy guitars, then do a bunch of work to them (level frets, cloth wire, setup, repairs, etc.) and resell them. So I've always got something new. I rarely buy something specifically for myself, so this amp is a bit unique there (along with a zoom tri-metal I got recently).

For my personal guitars, I just skim from the cream of the crop
My current #1 is actually a MIM strat. Given that its one of the least expensive guitars I've got, I still find that surprising.. The electronics are pretty nice though. Ybarra wound in the bridge, Eric Johnson bridge in the middle, and some mystery pickup in the neck. Its all black, and I mean ALL (headstock, even black brass knobs, and black babicz bridge).

I love using technology to supplement my learning. Actually, given the subjects you tend to be interested in.. I'm a bit surprised you don't. I also can strongly recommend Rocksmith 2014, especially with the amount of custom DLC available.

Extended chords are a bit beyond me right now (seeing as how I'm working on triads
), but I've found it a lot of fun to mess with suspended chords. I've also thought extended might be a good alternative to Barre though.

I've heard that transcribing can really help a lot of things, but I've yet to give it a serious try. Banjo though.. is one of my favorite instruments! Same with 12 string, actually. I've got a 12 string acoustic, but to be honest.. I find tuning so tedious I rarely pull it out. I swear, it is objectively only double the strings, but it seems like MUCH more... I've been wanting to get a Rover banjo for my stepdad, but the right deal hasn't come up. Do you happen to have any vids of playing those songs on the banjo?

I'm currently working on Buckethead's "Soothsayer." That SOB is monster enough for me! But, its such a damn beautiful song.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The real reason I popped in this morning (my time is relative
)

You can do cool things here on ATS. I was re-reading, ATS: Window of Opportunity, and remember that I can read just Hidden_Hand's posts so did (what I linked in). It is good stuff! I haven't re-read it in a while.

Then I read about Alycone and went to on-line encyclopedia of choice and fell @ss-end over tea cups into a wonderful rabbit hole that has Meta Café written all over it!

Alcyone and Ceyx were very happy together in Trachis, and according to Pseudo-Apollodorus's account, often sacrilegiously called each other "Zeus" and "Hera". This angered Zeus, so while Ceyx was at sea (going to consult an oracle according to Ovid's account), the god threw a thunderbolt at his ship. Soon after, Morpheus (god of dreams) disguised as Ceyx appeared to Alcyone as an apparition to tell her of his fate, and she threw herself into the sea in her grief. Out of compassion, the gods changed them both into common kingfishers, or "halcyon birds", named after her.

Halcyon Days

Ovid and Hyginus both also make the metamorphosis the origin of the etymology for "halcyon days", the seven days in winter when storms never occur. They state that these were originally the 14 days each year (seven days on either side of the shortest day of the year) during which Alcyone (as a kingfisher) laid her eggs and made her nest on the beach and during which her father Aeolus, god of the winds, restrained the winds and calmed the waves so she could do so in safety.

Wikipedia: Alcyone.

Eta Tauri is the star's Bayer designation. The name Alcyone originates with Greek mythology; she is one of the seven daughters of Atlas and Pleione known as the Pleiades.

Wikipedia: Alcyone (star).

The Fisher King, The Seven Sisters aka Pleiades where our favorite bug headed greys are supposed to come from. In Japanese the stars are Subaru! "Subaru" means "unite" and since Eta Tauri are a cluster of seven visible stars that is what they call it!

This all fits in with Hidden_Hand's "vengeful god" talk. Zeus (Dr.?? "Oh, the places you'll go!"), Hera/Isis (the real "god of thrones" and probably, Pinocchio, where the Free Men get their esoteric beginnings from: Isis esoteric schools. Osiris is the Dog Star), Morpheus ("You've been living in a Dream World, Neo"), Ovid and Metamorphoses, Winter Solstice, a Harvest (Dark? Like Invader Zim?? H_H says, "negative" which has to balance out, like the ying-yang sigil), and the 4th Density ("I am your Density. I mean, destiny" see, Back 2 The Future got it right again!).

Ah, the Halcyon Daze!

I love when Universe tickles my noodle!!

edit on 4-10-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Tori Spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Are you calling me dead again?!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Nah you know as well as I do; you went to far and saw too much and are doing that whole just trying to blend in and have a normal life workout routine.

It's cool it's you and hey it's working for you and making you happy so by all means keep it up. You know you went kerplop so that bubble popped and formed a new one for you... reoccurring dreams are a good sign that oneself and the "other" is orbiting a bit too close and well one of the bubbles will pop. Over and over and over and over lol life time after life time...

No biggie though, that sort of thing is just the finality of the shiva/shakti, yin/yang business... eventually it will revolve evolve into an unbreakable yabyum or union; like the adi buddha.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

In that case you are not wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

In all other cases? I eat the cyanide meant for Schroedinger's cat.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

edit on 5-10-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
The Fisher King, The Seven Sisters aka Pleiades where our favorite bug headed greys are supposed to come from. In Japanese the stars are Subaru! "Subaru" means "unite" and since Eta Tauri are a cluster of seven visible stars that is what they call it!

This all fits in with Hidden_Hand's "vengeful god" talk. Zeus (Dr.?? "Oh, the places you'll go!"), Hera/Isis (the real "god of thrones" and probably, Pinocchio, where the Free Men get their esoteric beginnings from: Isis esoteric schools. Osiris is the Dog Star), Morpheus ("You've been living in a Dream World, Neo"), Ovid and Metamorphoses, Winter Solstice, a Harvest (Dark? Like Invader Zim?? H_H says, "negative" which has to balance out, like the ying-yang sigil), and the 4th Density ("I am your Density. I mean, destiny" see, Back 2 The Future got it right again!).

Ah, the Halcyon Daze!

I love when Universe tickles my noodle!!

In Peredur (Percival) of York, the Fisher King has been struck by a mystically dumbness that prevents him from sharing the "key" to the Grail mystery unless asked the "right" question. I can see the connection to Hidden_Hand, although he seemed more about how he was asked rather than the what. Peredur fails to ask the right question and is thusly vilified by those who had relied upon him to set them all "free" from the (dis) enchantment spell that had been cast upon Britain. They of course failed to realise that Peredur as a true Fool cannot be forced and in his refusal at the "turning point" to do their will he is reduced to Trickster but gains the Grail.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was doing magic in a dream tonight I woke up repeating "augeo logos". That's nice, not? Especially since I feel my mind, my logos is decreasing. So maybe I should work on everything that keeps me thinking.
I kept focussing on meditation which in essence is the art of not thinking. Like Reverbs said through nothing connect to everything or similar.

Btw I Read the Parcival story in a really old book which gave it an extra nice vibe.
edit on 5-10-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

We all need different things of course.
I think too much and constantly, which is maybe why I switched to moving pictures rather than words.
Meditation was the only way for me to stop going off momentum... pause button.. now I can see with clear eyes.

Theres that courtney barnett song.
Whats the line.. "mediation just makes you more strung out.. I wish you, had a guru, to tell you to let it go, let it goo.."

I had a dream about a magic girl..
Haha part of it she had bendy metal like if you pulled off the cutting strip on plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Like 6 of those..

I got stuck on them and realized if she dances she can move them as she pleases like a razor wire puppet.. she tore me up pretty bad.. maybe it was You!

You know woo is coming back for me.
I wasnt alone..
Me and another person were talking.. no one else was there unless it was a thief..

Anyway all the sudden its all this noise in the other room.. We both came out, me in front like we were about to have to take somone down.. we got out the back door after assuring no one got inside without then being outside.. we got out so fast and with good vision distance, all corners checked fast.. no one was there..
Must be haunted he said.

I didnt mention the other night empty cups deciding to fall on the floor after no one was there for 2 hours.. i was there those two hours but no one else..

Random things are picking back up again.

Slow for now.. may be nothing.

edit on 7-10-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I think the problem with the woo is mostly me, I lost interest in the medium experiences, I wait for the highs to be higher. A little subtile woo is always there, but it's just not surprising anymore. You know what I mean?
Just today morning I got an answer to a thread "we will never figure out the weird flow controlling our life" and I realised that I never came back from my woocation. Im constantly disapointed. Now it all happened what it was I still don't know, but right Now it doesn't have priority. Maybe I should refocus and concentrate on it? Maybe letting it flow and seeing what happens in the now and the next now is the way to go?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

My life is getting weirder again..
I have 3 or is it 4.. 4. 4 people calling me either baby or babe or saying i love you and expecting me to say it back lol..

Did I get married 4 times while I was asleep last night?

Besides that..
Its like my luck was also turned back up to 11..

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Lucky 11? That's hardly woo if 4 people love you. I'd say that has to do with you flirting with everybody.
But I admit I'm jealous I'm the oldest in a group of 10 people and that's making me feel weird. I don't think they know how old I am, but I realised it and now it's stuck in my head. I really am over 35! My life is over, next step retirement. Lol
I had a funny dream where weird people boasted about how strong and mighty and adventurous they were. Greek heroes basically. Maybe I just need an adventure? ...Maybe after this winter. Winter is a bad time for adventure.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Sheesh! Such a drama queen! 35 is not even starting! It has barely started! You are lucky to know at 30 that there is something there there other than what simple lies we are told as children.

We are seekers. Of what, that is your choice. Novelty. The Truth. Love. Inner Peace. Outer Chaos. Our Minds Gluing Onto Another Mind (Montaigne). Or Just Staring At The Wonder of It All!

The trick is to be aware with out mucking it up too much. Best way to do that is doing those little mind tricks like connecting everything in threes. Three is magic number! If it is good enough for the Masons then it should be for All (and all for one! )

What is so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Maybe.. but it just all happened on the same day. Never before..

But yes peeple needs some adventure yea?

Its funny how much I dont feel that way about me. I can't handle anymore adventures.

My favorite vacation spot is my bed with the lights off. Im not allowed to do nothing for as long as I would like these days.
Ugh

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

There is an expression not used very often for just such a thing when someone notices; "Does something have your goat?"

As a goat will want to climb to the highest point and any other goat that may be along the way higher? They will but heads with each other... so the phrase; got your goat expression usually comes after butting heads with someone on the way up or down such peaks and valleys, it also has a opps subtlety too it as you can answer yes or no to the someone... sort of like why are you climbing all around this stupid mountain? Oh you lost your goat... I have not seen another goat would be them pointing to the top. If you believe in Satyrs? Perhaps he is a goat hiding in man form after knocking yours down... at which moment? Claim him as your goat!!!

Of course you can say yes I have my goat and then scream: you! and then run off being the mad cackling woman that has then inherited the mountain.

There is a Icarus sort of thing that goes with that business and not so strangely as that language formation goes? Eucharist is closely related due to being a similar sound... they formed their language by that if a word sounded similar they were connected... they didn't pyramid scheme and branch out their language until after alchemy fell to the term of science... some still blame Darwin; however pirates had a good go and fun with him putting land tortoises out on small islands ahead of him being there as they being privateers? Made their own sort of fun and blarney to what was going on; rather to have a silent laugh in history knowing who they were and what they were doing while pompous assery when back proclaiming blah blah teaching blah blah while they had a good laugh at the look at me I am special and think I know/discovered something others never knew.

So of course making something appear new under the sun? Typically means it begins with a good row under the cover of darkness so there would be a good light of the moon later as in "kiss it."

Sorry love when reminiscing past lives I tend to do go on a tad bit of a row myself in losing sense of time and space. So by all means do carry on about yourself, as you were.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So tonight..
I was closing up about to lock the door.
Some dude is sitting lined up with the back door so he can see the whole kitchen.

Hes making me a little nervous so i went to recheck the side door in an alley. Took me 4 seconds. When i came back to the back he and his bag and his foid bag and coke and napkins and something else beside him on a rock wall was all just gone.

He was real creepy watching me then nothing..
I can see all directions.. the rock wall is half a meter tall..

And dont be jealous. You would hate my life.
I can almost say i havnt had sex in years.. lol.

How did he grab all of that up and then what run? Where? I went 3 meters around a corner and 3 meters back.. he would have to go like 30 meters to not be in my vision.

Ehh

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I just turned 47 today which adds up to 11

I don't think any of that weird however my age has gotten a lot of woo, it is starting to appear "off" in some people obviously memory can be an issue but also places it shouldn't like with my bank etc.

I have what I like to humorously think of as "The Dick Clark" disease looking like one is the same age for a very very long time.

Fortunately the male menopause business has gone well past the peak and fading off into the distance... and I am so very glad as testosterone driven emotion is something I have never jived well with.

Why people get replacement therapy? Beyond me... thats like a woman saying ya know what? All my eggs are now gone... hey why don't we implant some more of them because I miss having periods.

So yeah male menopause sucks it's like a few years of severe PMS straight with few breaks like a monthly PMS for awhile never was one to crack the women jokes about such a thing but running hot and cold flashes and feeling pissed off in an instant due to anything remotely dumb in someone that should know better... and the how or why they do not? Makes you just want to kill them.

So yeah bye bye male menopause I will not miss you... thank goodness I have a ton of self control or things could have been much uglier than some dumb child molester grabbing at my arms and then bonkling themself in the nose by losing their grip on my arm and spending a month in a county correctional facility due to it.

Just reminds me of the old kid thing of hey try to raise your arm while someone holds it down in front of them then letting go and they punch themself in the face... because thats what it seemed like. Of course cops disappointed I didn't throw my entire life away by doing the world a favor and killing him yep several of them actually said that.

So yeah 47 despite the Mandela areas trying to say otherwise and moving forward in all my art and hobbies slowly but surely and enjoying it as I go about it.

I don't know what the hell I would do hanging around with 11 people; in my 20's is was hang out get stoned and have some dame put the moves on me until she was in trouble because I wouldn't say no... but I was very hard to get, taboo for a woman to put the moves on someone back then and still sort of is.

I am Mr. Impossible these days... like get the hell away from me I have # to do; as likely they would not help and just be a distraction is nothing I need in my life... already enough art projects to work on as it is, don't need a live one.
lol at the accidental insinuation of necromancy; of course that in my opinion is like when someone thinks of an ex and spanks it... eww gross they are gone and for good reason stop digging them up and pleasuring yourself with corpses on the brain.

Vampire joke you say?

You're too late to be a pain in my neck

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I'm not even the oldest I learned. Was just a feeling. Not too much peace love and understanding on my end. I am still very much a work in progress. I was just wondering how a woman my age should be and dress and such. But you're right it's all just a state of mind that matters.
I just really think about retirement and that's 30 years early but makes me feel very old. What's freedom good for if you don't know what you want to do with it? That's the question.
I haven't met 3somes for a while.

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join