It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S. O-U-T of Paris Climate Accord

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: UKTruth

I have studied it and you are completely ignoring the multiple posts where I stated it's useless posting information that's already been posted a million times before because you simply won't read it.

No, I saw your posts deflecting away from the challenge to back up your wild claim.
You clearly have no knowledge of the subject.

edit on 2/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You can see whatever you want to see, I cannot stop the delusion from infecting your mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: IAMTAT
"I was elected to serve the interests of the citizens of Pittsburgh...NOT Paris."
- President Trump Rose Garden, 6/1/2017

Actions followed by statements like this are cementing another 4 years in stone.

In 100 or so years time (could be sooner) when crops are failing and people all over the world are dying of thirst.... I wonder if future generations will agree with you.

That's what pisses me off, some old dude in his 70s making theses kinds of moronic decisions when it's future generations that are going to suffer.

In 100 yrs!?!? Lol

Not only are you a fortune teller, youre also a wonderful comedian.

Cuz you keep making me laugh!!

Yep, the left will still be blaming Trump for everything they hate in 100 yrs.

Comedy gold!

The other day you created a thread about where all the quality ATS posters went.....great question!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 2404x6724America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Basically what it means, China and Asia will be meeting the demand for solar panels and wind turbines. The US will be left behind, drinking oil.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine Champions Paris Accord, Has No Idea What’s In It

@9:47 Tucker asks the mayor if there is a single person stupid enough to be convinced by what he is saying. His answer: ABSOLU-...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

President announced that the U.S. will pull out of the Paris Climate Accord.

Presented circus ring side by the announcer. after all its only an "Accord".

They make US sound like 'we the people' have done this. But 'we the people' didn't vote for more pollution, more war and debt either. Nor did Trump make that decision.

(Pay no mind to that man behind the curtain)
edit on 2-6-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Here's some great information - I doubt the Trump supporters will actually read it but here it is anyway:

Why Trump’s decision to leave Paris accord hurts the US and the world

Editor’s note: President Donald Trump stunned the world on June 1 by announcing his intention to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accord, a landmark global agreement to lower greenhouse gas emissions and minimize the harm from climate change. We’ve assembled a panel of academics and scientists to analyze what this dramatic move means for the planet, U.S. businesses and the world’s poor.

A race to the bottom to destroy the planet

Kevin Trenberth, Distinguished Senior Scientist, National Center for Atmospheric Research

The whole of the Paris Agreement is based upon goodwill: There are no punitive actions or means to enforce the agreement. The goodwill also includes the Green Climate Fund for transferring money from rich countries to developing countries for building resilience, mitigating and adapting to the effects of climate change. The U.S. has pledged US$3 billion and has delivered $1 billion but seems unlikely to add to that. That alone undermines a lot of the good will. And it will be a major sore point in all small island-states and developing countries, who have not caused the problem of global warming.

The U.S. leadership was essential in Paris. If the U.S. does not lead by example – and we have a moral and ethical responsibility to do so as the country that has contributed more than any other to accumulated greenhouse gas emissions so far – then why should anyone else go along? Unless there is a universal carbon tax, fossil fuels appear to be the cheapest form of energy. That’s not true, of course, because of all the downstream effects on air quality and climate change.

[SNIP]

Mod Note: Please refrain from doing a copy / paste of a entire article. A short part with a link to the original article is enough.

edit on 2/6/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/2/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed excessive copy / paste of article.

link   

link   

link   

"The Paris agreement is a cornerstone of cooperation among the nations of this world. This agreement is indispensable. (…) What we started more than 20 years ago made a quantum leap in Paris and will be a success. The road will be rocky, but there is no turning back. To all those who care deeply about the future of our planet, I say: let us continue together on this path."
Merkel: 'Nothing can and will stop commitment to climate protection'
Merkel also highlighted the fact that several major US businesses had expressed their disagreement with Trump's decision, pledging to continue their commitments to the environment. The chancellor said she felt "enthused about how many companies, especially in the US, want to walk along this path with us."
Merkel: 'We have to protect Mother Earth' after Trump quits Paris accord

Damnd, she's obviously way too smart not to use this for the next election. Even if I happen to agree with her on this occasion, I really don't wanna see Merkels Troika ruining Europe with more neolib bollocks.

So yeah. Thanks Don, you've just made her chancellor again!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I suppose it was only a matter of time...

protons are white, electrons are black and neutrons are mixed/other races?
edit on 09/04/1994 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

So. . . .

If you don't believe in man-made climate change. . . you're racist.

They went full retard.

Everyone has gone full retard.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
As expected puling of out of the Paris agreement is racist, I guess because it was Obama the one that sign us to it.

Still the protest are starting, the chaos, the end of days the gloom the fear mongering and scaremongering. The weather channel that is an arm of NBC is now a political channel too, who would have expected.

But nobody question the billions of dollars that the tax payer have to pay to be in it.

Really, the trolls really think that they have a case.

Some people needs to get a life, been living in hate against Trump is not good for once health

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

The article warnings are based on a 2 degree increase to temperature - and the section in the article that addresses it links to another article not relating to the Paris Accord. The Paris Accord was not slated to reduce the upward trend of temperature by 2 degrees, nowhere near it (try a fraction of that).

You are being reactionary and associating all efforts to reduce the carbon footprint with pulling out of an agreement that only addresses a tiny fraction of what scientists are warning about.

You've failed to address why pulling out of the accord means Trump supporters have destroyed the planet.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine Champions Paris Accord, Has No Idea What’s In It

@9:47 Tucker asks the mayor if there is a single person stupid enough to be convinced by what he is saying. His answer: ABSOLU-...

The mayor in the interview is typical of the argument from the global warming church. No substance, no details, just a devoted follower to a new religion, completely brainwashed. He simply could not separate the specifics of the Paris Accord with the doomsday climate book of revelations that he has learned off by heart.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Everyone has gone full retard.

The poor always have to suffer first, you think they're white? How is this towering ignorance not fascist by definition?

Climate change: the poor will suffer most

It doesn't really matter if you believe in man-made climate change or not, people will continue to suffer and the climate changed already. Hellooohooo, somebody home?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Basically what it means, China and Asia will be meeting the demand for solar panels and wind turbines. The US will be left behind, drinking oil.

I think not.

"The first electricity-generating wind turbine was invented in 1888 in Cleveland, Ohio by Charles F. Brush. The turbine’s diameter was 17 meters (50 feet), it had 144 rotor blades made of cedar wood, and it generated about 12 kilowatts (kW) of power" (thirdplanetwind et al).

Further reading reveals this isn't our first rodeo, 1973 during the oil field crisis, investment blossomed for alternative fuels. Nineteen-seventy three. Perhaps earlier if I did a full research.

The point is, If the US started, you'd better be damned well we can finish it.

I can take your vitrol about our democratically elected President, I, however, won't take it when it comes to the American people, you should be with us, not agaisnt us.

Ref
www.thirdplanetwind.com...

edit on 2-6-2017 by Arnie123 because: Added info

edit on 2-6-2017 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

The poor always have to suffer first, you think they're white?

You think there are no poor white folk?

Did I click wrong and end up in the Jokes forum?... no, still here... wow!

You deserve congrarulations! It's not often I have no idea how to respond to someone...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Precisely. In light of that spirit another article came to mind.

Even US oil majors reiterated their support for the endangered agreement.

US businesses at odds with Trump over pullout from Paris accord

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join