It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S. O-U-T of Paris Climate Accord

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This might help you - it shows Poverty by race in the US:

Source

Yes, by population not percentages....throw the white card though, it works on most.

mg

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Arnie123

But China will subsidize their start up businesses. Will individuals invest that much?

Like Obama? That worked out well yes?

Don't get into that argument, been done here.

mg

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Never would have thought ATS would side with the elite

We are not siding with them. You are. AGW is in no way fact. Its only a theory and has so many holes in it. Also, our climate is always changing. It always has and it always will. We do not live in giant fish bowl where everything is/was constant until man developed industry.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I believed I posed a question. What argument has been done here?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Nothing will get done if there is not profit in it.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: angeldoll
Stephen Hawking

The UK's most renowned theoretical physicist and cosmologist is still using his exceptional mind to map a theory of how the universe works. But when it comes to matters here on Earth, Stephen Hawking is just as concerned about President Trump's science policies as anyone.

During a recent interview with Good Morning Britain, set to air Monday, Hawking bluntly laid out his views on U.S. administration's science policies.

"Climate change is one of the great dangers we face, and it's one we can prevent," said Hawking, according to the Guardian. "It affects America badly, so tackling it should win votes for his [Trump's] second term. God forbid."

www.aol.com...

Ahh Hawkings. the man who had the theory on Black holes wrong. I think his credibility is seriously in question.

Trump filed for bankruptcy several times but you still trust him

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

This might help you - it shows Poverty by race in the US:

Source

Yes, by population not percentages....throw the white card though, it works on most.

mg

Percentages don't have to deal with poverty. People do.
There are more white people dealing with poverty in the US than black people and it has nothing to do with cards - it has to do with the rather outrageous claim I was responding to that white people were not poor.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I believed I posed a question. What argument has been done here?

You made a comment that stats with "But"

You leave out that the US has unsuccessfully though the previous administration lost Billions upon Billions on BS business.

In the "But"

Do you honestly think China will do a better job? Do it right? Abide by the treaty?

"Will individuals invest that much?"

THAT was your question and also a statement. They already have is the answer.

mg

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BestOf

So that's the part Trump wants to renegotiate? And the amount everyone is supposed to pay-in is calculated how? Are we being 'charged' at a higher rate than everyone else?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What I see is an annoying tactic to try to "color" skeptics to man-made climate change as racist.

My goodness, I've seen the race card played for a multitude of things, but to insinuate that racism plays a part in skepticism is beyond foolish.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

I suppose it was only a matter of time...

For the love of god, you can't make this stuff up!

Climate change is truly the root of all evil, people are brainwashed enough to believe it is all powerful and all knowing, reminds me of a religion.

Besides that, are they questioning if Trump is pulling out of the agreement? What part don't they get, the agreement is dead in the USA. It wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

See the ACLU is saying its a race issue because Blacks and minorities live in coastal cities. Of course this is just a BS excuse but there it is.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: angeldoll
Stephen Hawking

The UK's most renowned theoretical physicist and cosmologist is still using his exceptional mind to map a theory of how the universe works. But when it comes to matters here on Earth, Stephen Hawking is just as concerned about President Trump's science policies as anyone.

During a recent interview with Good Morning Britain, set to air Monday, Hawking bluntly laid out his views on U.S. administration's science policies.

"Climate change is one of the great dangers we face, and it's one we can prevent," said Hawking, according to the Guardian. "It affects America badly, so tackling it should win votes for his [Trump's] second term. God forbid."

www.aol.com...

Ahh Hawkings. the man who had the theory on Black holes wrong. I think his credibility is seriously in question.

Trump filed for bankruptcy several times but you still trust him

Ummm No i dont trust any polotician. I go by their WORKS. SO far i have seen good work. I sure as hell dont trust paid scientist who get kickbacks off the money.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Percentages don't have to deal with poverty. People do.
There are more white people dealing with poverty in the US than black people and it has nothing to do with cards - it has to do with the rather outrageous claim I was responding to that white people were not poor.

There are more white people, so of course. Common sense then..rather than 'statistics'...better.

There are poor white people, of course and that will always be the case. To state that "white people are not poor"...may be incorrect as a whole in the US.

mg

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's nice to see The Donald stick it to them.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: BestOf

So that's the part Trump wants to renegotiate? And the amount everyone is supposed to pay-in is calculated how? Are we being 'charged' at a higher rate than everyone else?

I am not President Trump but I assume it's a part of what he wants to change. The 10 and 100 billion funding goals are not calculated in any way, but the USA did fund 20% last round and an obama mandate states we will fund no more than 30% it's total value. It's same as most other international endevers the US is expected to pay more than fair share.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Much appreciated!

Now I see...

"white people are not poor"

Calm your horses, folks.
Nobody made that claim, right?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's why I'd make a distinction here and mentioned fascism. Big capital doesn't really care what kind of skin you're in. But I dunno... all those -isms didn't really help to have a constructive debate, not at all.

The way I see it, we're not even close to the important questions. And that's probably the intended outcome of various tactics. Back to the drawingboard?

edit on 2-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Can someone tell me what it is Trump would like to negotiate? Which terms of the agreement and what it is he'd like to see? And can someone give me a synopsis of specifically which terms of the agreement are unfair to America? Appreciate it.

Well, my name is not Trump, obviously, but I can tell you my concerns...

The United States has done major work already to lower our pollution levels, focusing primarily on sulfur emissions and soot particles. The Paris Accord, so far as I can tell, ignores these actual pollutants and instead focuses primarily on carbon dioxide which is not a pollutant. Therefore it in effect punishes the US by refusing to acknowledge progress we have made.

The Paris Accord establishes a nation welfare system to assist poorer nations in developing clean energy. That's fine, but we are the major contributor.

Some countries are given a free pass.

The goals as they relate to carbon dioxide are nebulous at best and nonexistent are worst.

The rules under the Accord tend to be biased toward restricting more developed countries like the US, and we are already trying to crawl back from the Obama Recession. The last thing we need are regulations, especially regulations made by those who don't live here and are not affected by our economy.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

On that I have to agree with you, that is very truth in todays globalist agenda and interconnected economies.

But while the strongest survive the weakest will always be the loser.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

A lot of investors had backed off the carbon tax deals, because nobody wanted to get into the scam.

But hell green bonds are the best alternative, still a scam but sounds better, green bonds, green money, green land you get it.

It sticks.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join