It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S. O-U-T of Paris Climate Accord

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: the owlbear

I use those when I feel there is a possibility that someone might mistake my opinion for staff action. I didn't think that was the case here. I also sign my posts with my title when making official staff posts.

But if it makes you feel better... here ya go.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You're so right, one man definitely has that kind of power

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: the owlbear

I use those when I feel there is a possibility that someone might mistake my opinion for staff action. I didn't think that was the case here. I also sign my posts with my title when making official staff posts.

But if it makes you feel better... here ya go.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

It does.

I think it should be the rule whenever a moderator takes an opinion and rolls with it to use the format.

No hard feelings. I think I'll just make another thread about this in board issues so as not to derail the thread here.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Why is it so bad he didn't sign it?
Because President Trump just saved working Americans thousands of dollars apiece. We just shed part of the global shackles that are trying to bind us and destroy our independence.. The green business scam no thanks, the global corporations want to crush smaller businesses. Thank you Mr President.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

lmfao

by me saying lmfao in europe i could go to jail.
why would first world nations impose thought crimes.

once i found out you can go to jail for asking a question???
wham, story is false.

i laugh at ANY thought crime. if the story was 100% true, why would you create a law to protect the story THEY tell you.
LMFAO

w2 DID NOT happen the way THEY tell us in freakin second grade. 2nd graders learning about 'lampshades'
LOL. ridiculous
edit on 1-6-2017 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag

originally posted by: avgguy
Why is it so bad he didn't sign it?
Because President Trump just saved working Americans thousands of dollars apiece. We just shed part of the global shackles that are trying to bind us and destroy our independence.. The green business scam no thanks, the global corporations want to crush smaller businesses. Thank you Mr President.

Wow.. thousands each?! I had no idea it was that all-encompassing! I'd appreciate if you could reference the thousands (2? More?) I am saving each year by the U.S. bowing out of this agreement, joining Syria and Nicaragua as the "smart" countries!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Question:

I am watching the news just now and the governor of California has said he will enter into his own climate change negotiations with the international community in protest against Trumps climate change policies.

Is he actually aloud to do this?

If they can afford it, I suppose they can. But I am not sure they are in the black currently, so them joining might make them more of a liability than an asset. Time will tell.

If they are going to other nations behind the US governments back its technically treason and sedition.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

OSotC,

This isn't climate change denial. This is capitalism over climate. Trump doesn't give a # about future generations, or loss of coastlines, or extreme weather, or drought, or heat waves, or rising seas. His only goal is to make the US prosper economically. If the net GDP goes up, he is a hero. Plus he's also much richer when he leaves office.

So he will say FU to the Paris Climate Treaty. FU to NATO. FU to the UN. FU to NAFTA. And finally, FU to the WTO.

And that will be his undoing. You want a pedophile President? If he pulls out of our agreements with the WTO, there will be photos and videos of Trump with a 13-year old on every screen.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Stephen Hawking

The UK's most renowned theoretical physicist and cosmologist is still using his exceptional mind to map a theory of how the universe works. But when it comes to matters here on Earth, Stephen Hawking is just as concerned about President Trump's science policies as anyone.

During a recent interview with Good Morning Britain, set to air Monday, Hawking bluntly laid out his views on U.S. administration's science policies.

"Climate change is one of the great dangers we face, and it's one we can prevent," said Hawking, according to the Guardian. "It affects America badly, so tackling it should win votes for his [Trump's] second term. God forbid."

www.aol.com...

Ahh Hawkings. the man who had the theory on Black holes wrong. I think his credibility is seriously in question.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

No, man made global warming is definitely by no means a fact.. LOL wow the stuff I read on the internet sometimes

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag
You probably don't understand that the Paris agreement is volontary...
Do you know anything about the Paris agreement ?
Or are you just trolling for $hits 'n' giggles ?

I suspect the latter

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: IAMTAT
"I was elected to serve the interests of the citizens of Pittsburgh...NOT Paris."
- President Trump Rose Garden, 6/1/2017

Actions followed by statements like this are cementing another 4 years in stone.

You know, these memes are so boring and childlike, you destroy any potential you had for legitimacy immediately.

It won't be renegotiated, for a start.

And second, his "constant winning" so far has been more like constant whining on twitter about all the things he's failing to achieve because democracy means he can't just sign EOs and get his way every time. He's barely achieved a thing so far beyond exacerbating division, and making the US a global laughing stock.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: ms898
a reply to: avgguy

It's a bad decision internationally because countries have lost faith with USAs word. If USA developes a reputation of not honouring promises why make a deal in the first place.

Apart from countries international businesses like stability.

So true even if you ignore the impact on the global climate, this sends a message to the world that America no longer stands by its international commitments.

F### the rest of the world if we have to suffer economically to make them happy. Why does every deal have to hurt the US? What good is a climate deal that lets China continue to grow their polluting ways for 13 years but puts tough economic killing restrictions on the US? Like I said F them.

This "pull the ladder up" attitude is so saddening to see. Inter and intra-generational equity led by global powers has done so much for so many countries in need. The fact that in 2017 people are still saying "screw everyone else, keep all the money to ourselves" is utterly disgusting.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

The fact that in 2017 people are still saying "screw everyone else, keep all the money to ourselves" is utterly
disgusting.

Totally agree, 1000 stars just for that

The flip side though is that maybe ..., just maybe
the US becoming more isolationalist and more inwards and backwards looking
is good for the rest of the world

With this 'leadership vacuum' , perhaps there'll be room for others to step up to the plate

'others' being the non ADHD afflicted world leaders,
the non blowhards, the anti pu$$ie grabbers

They might actually get something done
without having to look over their shoulders

Let's face it, the US is becoming more and more irrelevant
all this after only 130 days into the Trump presidency ;p

Who'da thunk it ?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

The fact that in 2017 people are still saying "screw everyone else, keep all the money to ourselves" is utterly disgusting.

Give to UNICEF, I don't want no more taxes.

(post by AnonyMason removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Nature Magazine disagrees with you.

Continued US membership in the Paris Agreement on climate would be symbolic and have no effect on US emissions. Instead, it would reveal the weaknesses of the agreement, prevent new opportunities from emerging, and gift greater leverage to a recalcitrant administration

Now if Trump can complete the plan and get the USA out of the UNFCC. Blueprint

Myron Ebell laid out a great plan for Trump, he'd be wise to follow it.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Whatever

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
12-15 years to get a very sturdy boat... It truly is stunning and yet terrifying when you see the whole domino run and not just where they begin to fall, the fiery cascade at the end is a doosey.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Best they start working now then and investing their money on solutions.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join