It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police violence, facebook melts down lol

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: grainofsand

It's a punk move. Punching a handcuffed guy in the face for holding his wrist is a punk ass move. Sorry, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I guarantee his training didn't teach him to do that and if it did it should obviously be changed.

He warns him repeatedly.

What would you like him to have done

I dont think its too hard to pull away from a one handed grip, especially when the was under restraint..

having said that, twats will be twats and i would have snotted the guy too.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Punch in the face? Boo bloody hoo. Most countrys including the USA he world have been shot.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I couldnt see hardly anything , should never have done that quick angle grinding without the goggles .
They are still fair in the main . Brutally fair has to be fair enough too I suppose . When it comes to sin , every one knows where those lines really lie

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My words...

I'd prefer a punch to pepper spray to be honest.

Your words...

I would, but nowadays using any type of spray would be deemed more acceptable than physically punching someone.
If they'd used pepper spray no-one would have said a word, crazy isn't it.

You've nailed it there. It's weird, like modern outrage is over a skin on skin punch because it is savage, but spraying stingy stuff in eyes, remote control if you like, is acceptable.
I've noticed that mindset developing over the years as well.
edit on 1.6.2017 by grainofsand because: fix quote tag issues

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

Cops in the SW of England rely on the majority population for their safety, Devon and Cornwall, the largest geographical force in England has a couple of armed response cars on duty at any one time and about 4 in 10 carry a taser, the rest just sticks.
I've got a load of time for our cops, they rely on us being reasonable and they use diplomacy to achieve it generally because they are so outnumbered, and badly in the summer. They turn a blind eye to loads of bull# laws and when communities 'deal' with people who don't care about the fine or state punishment.

I've always summed it up as the cops generally are decent professionally trained folk who are not allowed to go on strike.
They are the referees, annoying necessity like nightclub bouncers.

*Edit*
Not so long ago I bumped into a cop as I turned a corner in a shady alleyway, should have seen the look of relief in his eyes when I gave him an instinctive friendly smile and engaged him in conversation. He knew I could have taken his crap extendable baton off him as soon as he'd got it out of his batman utility belt.
Old school truncheons were worse than the modern batons, they have a lame half inch or so ball at the end, only stings...the old truncheons were mini baseball bats and could knock you out. I've experienced both, even took an extendable off a cop a few years ago in a case of mistaken identity. I threw it over a garden wall and the cop shat himself calling for backup.
I complied and let him arrest me, didn't wanna get tased when backup arrived.

edit on 1.6.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The Rodney King beating was no different.

News outlets took it out of context, showed the very brief incident looped over and over so it looked much more dramatic than it was, and dozens ended up dead in rioting.

The MSM has blood on its hands.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I don't know enough about that case to comment but I remember it on UK news.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I don't know enough about that case to comment but I remember it on UK news.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It's a punk move. Punching a handcuffed guy in the face for holding his wrist is a punk ass move. Sorry, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I guarantee his training didn't teach him to do that and if it did it should obviously be changed.

Bit of a punk ass move to hold the cops arm though .. no ?

One punk ass move begats another.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pull his wrist away like a man. Not punch him in the face like a coward.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Only on poorly trained departments. Real police officers don't punch someone in the face in a non-threatening situation.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pull his wrist away like a man. Not punch him in the face like a coward.

He tried... and also warned him .. geeze 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Only on poorly trained departments. Real police officers don't punch someone in the face in a non-threatening situation.

At least he wasn't shot dead.
Shall we compare UK and US cops on killings and beatings?
US is 5 times the population of UK so I'd assume the UK would have one fifth of the police beatings and killings on youtube compared to US.
That is basic maths.
Strange it is not the case though, but carry on being outraged if you like lol
edit on 1.6.2017 by grainofsand because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Youre right I really like all of them , and I've run across quite a few ,and read some bits of the schooling books (incl poft act) too . I quite enjoy the extremely dry language which is used in them . Its like being continually redirected to importantnesses .
by importantnessness itself . Well that's what it is I suppose .

I really enjoyed some of the County Court Judgements (for use by judges) , but I'm not sure if they're not buried in the net by now , and gone or hard to find . This one I'll never forget : It goes (exactly this ) :

Question : When Is A Person Wrong ?

Answer 1 : When he is wrong

Answer 2 : Not when he is not wrong

You can meditate on the importance of the statement , and when you've thought about it , it's just what you want to know : when a person is wrong or not , it counts up every tree you ever climb too , or so to speak , as trancendental wisdom
edit on 1-6-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I personally think we should hold our LEO's to a hire standard than our criminals.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I'm not supportive of bad policing anywhere. My comments were not meant to be a comparison between UK and US police.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

Whatever, the guy had many a chance to release and got a single punch which encouraged him to do so.
Meh.

*Edit*
Give me a UK cop arresting me over a US cop everytime.
At least I've got a chance I'll live.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Are you the fountain of knowledge regarding policing in the UK now?
LMFAO.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just talking about this one incident. I have absolutely no knowledge of policing in the UK.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Yep, a single incident where social media went into meltdown lol
But you are the expert in police policy so go ahead criticise the guy.
...but first acccept that your cops probably would have tased or shot him dead.
LMFAO bleating about this incident when US cops beat you up for merely not showing respect.

You can disrespect cops in the UK with words, it is set in case law precedent.
I know which cops I'd like to deal with, but be outraged if it makes you feel better lol

*Edit*
Land of the free my #ing arse.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join