It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police violence, facebook melts down lol

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In the town of Yeovil UK, police arrested a guy and he got punched by one of the officers because he wouldn't let go of his wrist.
One of the guys mates uploaded a vid of it (without audio) and it went viral with SJW's condemning the police state blah etc.
Here's the vid:

Now watch the body cam video from Avon and Somerset police with audio, can't embed it but you'll find it here:
Avon & Somerset Constabulary

The cop asked him to let go of his wrist, he warned him with a raised fist and counted down from five before punching him once.
The guy let go, and a calm arrest continued.
Police brutality LMFAO!

To the precious social media cry babies I say try growing up in 80's Britain when there were no body cams, cams in police cars, cams in police stations, cells, and pretty much everywhere.
The cop acted fair enough to me, one punch, brutality funny as #.

This is a classic example why I think one of the least scary things to happen to me in Britain is to get arrested.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

There are probably even more examples of this.

Everyone has a camera in there back pocket these days and can edit footage on a whim to only show one side.

Watch that first video and it's police brutality, watch the second it's reasonable force when in context.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The difference between the two vids is stark.

hope the cop gets out of this with nothing bad on his record.

He acted pretty decently I thought.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

perspective. When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It's a punk move. Punching a handcuffed guy in the face for holding his wrist is a punk ass move. Sorry, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I guarantee his training didn't teach him to do that and if it did it should obviously be changed.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Agreed.
I do feel for the guy who apparently had mental health issues, but I laugh at the social media masses who believe everything they see as if it is the only narrative.
Actually, I grieve for the masses, especially the next generation.
That wasn't a roid-raged cop punching the guy, he was calm, warned with a raised fist and even counted down from 5.

...still isn't good enough for some though, the arguments on social media now are that the other cops should have prised his fingers off the cops wrist.
SMFH.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

It's a punk move. Punching a handcuffed guy in the face for holding his wrist is a punk ass move. Sorry, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I guarantee his training didn't teach him to do that and if it did it should obviously be changed.

He warns him repeatedly.

What would you like him to have done

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Behave, a US cop would have punched him repeatedly lol, if the guy was lucky enough not to have been shot.
Everyone knows that

edit on 1.6.2017 by grainofsand because: Replaced a lol with a

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

perspective. When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Trouble is when too many people who only have a hammer don't understand or recognise that before they become outraged with the nail they think they see.
No stop, think, search for evidence it isn't a screw or a bolt first.
The lack of audio would have been my first suspicion, who ever films on mute?
Lame as # SJW's.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Can this be added to new thread just above as can't show yt videos in thread .

It's relevant a bit
pls

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

There was one just like this a few months back in Liverpool. Someone filmed two police restraining a struggling guy on the pavement and the male copper was punching the guy in the head. It looked pretty bad like the guy was under control and being beaten for 'police brutality' reasons.

What happened was the guy had his teeth sunk into the WPC's hand and wasn't for letting go. The cop couldn't let go to prise his bite from her hand because the guy was still going full mental. She couldn't do anything either in case he tore flesh. The guy wasn't listening so what else was there to do?

The person who filmed it was too shocked by the violence to notice the biting. It was only after uploading to social media that people pointed out what was happening.

ETA - not sure this guy earned a punch in the face. Just watched your link. He should have been able to get his arm out of the 'gate' by turning it halfway and pulling upwards.
edit on 6.1.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

See that's the thing, most social media 'film crew' who get outraged about stuff they think they are watching, don't actually realise what they are watching.
I saw an arrest in progress in town a few months ago, people were filming it, the guy was actually screaming like a girl "Argh you're hurting me" etc, and they clearly weren't, so I dropped to my knees and took the piss out of him.
I laughed at him to stop being a whining bitch because they are not hurting you, there's slack in your cuffs and they are not doing anything other than restraining your sorry arse calmly, so relax and comply instead of being a girl".
He chilled then, and the cops smiled a thank you to me.

British cops are the least scary in the world if you aren't being a prick to them.

*Edit*
I see your edit.
I'm not saying he deserved the punch, but the cop made his decision in the moment. One punch, countdown from 5 before he did it, I'd say reasonable force, certainly not police brutality.

edit on 1.6.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

On the whole, British (and Dutch) Police are respectful and gentle, until you resist (which is against the law even if you are or think you are innocent). If it was the USA, you'd probably be in the morgue.

My connection is almost non-existant as far as videos go but I remember 20 or 30 coppers trying to arrest a man with a machete in London. A wheely bin was used if I remember rightly.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yes, that famous guy with the machete would have been shot in the US for sure.
British SJW's should be happy they live with British cops, whining about one punch after a warning with a countdown from 5.
And it's Yeovil FFS, their cops mainly just carry batons, they aren't oppressors like I'm reading on social media lol

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No, definitely not a brutality case. Still, the officer wouldn't be worse off with training on getting out of grips like that. It's simple stuff about levers, gates and momentum.

Incidentally, I worked festival security in the early 2000s down that way. Avon & Somerset police were always decent even under a lot of pressure. The company I worked for then was owned and run by ex-officers from that force. They'll all be millionaires by now and fair play to them. Good bosses to work for and looked after staff.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Avon and Somerset are my neighbouring force, mine is Devon and Cornwall, equally chilled out.
You have to be a prize clown to get a baton or a taser here, they are the least scary cops in the UK I'd say, certainly one of the most underfunded constabularies in the country so they have to be chilled.
Funding for police constabularies is based on winter populations, it doesn't take into account the millions of people here on holiday in the summer.
Our cops down here know they are well outnumbered, and I've helped a few over the years when they were losing the battle but doing the right thing for our society.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I firmly believe the police are handicapped in doing their job effectively by the namby pamby PC do-gooders, but was there any need to punch him in the face?
Surely instances like this are one of the reasons police officers are issued with various types of spray.

I can recount several personal experiences of police brutality in the 80's through to the early 90's - I'd never advocate reverting back to those times and the techniques used, but we have gone way too far in prohibiting police officers using force when exercising their duties.

It'd be a shame if the police officer involved was severely reprimanded as it could hardly be described as a hard blow or a beating but perhaps he could be reminded of alternative methods to be used in similar situations.

edit on 1/6/17 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'd prefer a punch to pepper spray to be honest. I've had both, just my personal preference.
...and yep, back in the 80's and early 90's I had some savage beatings before CCTV started protecting us.
Oh the irony lol

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
its been a hot day and this is actually the link I need posted , I am going a bit nuts obviously . Honestly I wouldnt link that rubbish for anyone either , but this is the link , and its not to cause a riot or do anyone in , but this IS the link I want posted , instead :
www.youtube.com...

This is a ska tune , you'd probably heard it , if you didnt its being bought alot, as in,could be a hoax, but not broadcast , and on purpose . site requirements etc

Thankyou mod for fixing the other one , but it was NOT THE RIGHT VIDEO , entirely my fault , sorry if its a PITA

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'd prefer a punch to pepper spray to be honest.

I would, but nowadays using any type of spray would be deemed more acceptable than physically punching someone.
If they'd used pepper spray no-one would have said a word, crazy isn't it.

I've had both, just my personal preference.

Ditto.

...and yep, back in the 80's and early 90's I had some savage beatings.....

Me too my friend, more than I care to admit.

...... before CCTV started protecting us.
Oh the irony lol

Indeed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join