It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police violence, facebook melts down lol

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Was the OP about more than one incident? Am I missing something? I do criticize the action he took. I admit American cops can act poorly at times too. And when I become aware of it, I call it out. I think that the large majority of police are good people and do good jobs. But when one screws up I think they should be called out. They are public servants. They act in our name. In this case, they acted in your name. I believe that there has to be a consistent tension between those with authority and power and those that they exercise it over. As the saying goes, power corrupts and and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I don't think the cop should be fired. I don't think he should be prosecuted criminally. However, I do think he should be reprimanded and retrained.

I don't disrespect UK cops. I disrespect this one cop for this one incident. That's it. And I'm not outraged. I just think it's punk to hit a man in the face who is restrained. I wish you would stop extrapolating my statements about this one incident to all UK police.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson
What do you know about reasonable force laws in the UK and police policy?
You think the cop was wrong, based on what? US policy?
LMFAO, the guy would have risked death playing the same game with US cops and you know it.

*Edit*
Remember the carer for the autistic guy who was shot in the leg in the US recently?
...but I suppose you'll explain why you think the cop in the OP is a tyrant or something.
smfh, denial.
edit on 1.6.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I didn't say anything about reasonable force. I said it is a "punk ass move." That's not legal terminology. Apparently you don't think it's a punk move. Good on you, I suppose.

I'm also glad that I could make you L your FA off so much.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I don't use punk ass terminology.
You do, and live in a nation which fears a stop by cops, I don't.
Worst I'll get is a good tasering, not death by gunshot.

*Edit*
And you cry about a single punch, an American crying over a single punch from a cop after a countdown warning!
LMFAO.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I don't fear cops, as I don't break the law.

I was not crying, but if that makes you feel better about yourself:

Not sure how you turned this into a US v UK thing. Seems like you might have some sort of inferiority complex there officer.

LMFAO.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I don't fear cops, as I don't break the law.

Good for you,I often break the law, I follow my own moral code and don't meekly submit as a peasant because of the law.
I do that because I can, free nation and all that. It is a game.

I was not crying, but if that makes you feel better about yourself:

No, I'm happy for you

Not sure how you turned this into a US v UK thing. Seems like you might have some sort of inferiority complex there officer.
LMFAO.

Easy, the classic ATS thing where US folk are too blind to see that your police brutality which erupts social media is vastly different to UK 'brutality' lol.
Pretty obvious as far as I see it.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So happy for you, a criminal who approves of punk moves. Congrats.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Lol law doesn't equate morals.
Jay walking is illegal in parts of the US, it's illegal for women to drive in Saudi Arabia.
But carry on meekly following law for the sake of law.
Not so controlled here, really difficult to get yourself jailed in the UK so ignoring laws is quite easy and risk free.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join