It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I can understand that completely. Perhaps in the meantime, you can write us a story. I would like to see that very much if you are up to it. It may serve as a diversion for a while at least. An adventure of your own creation. It helps being in a fantasy land as it can be more enticing than our real worlds sometimes. It will help the time pass and we can enjoy the adventure along with you.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Coping with loss
Let yourself feel the pain and all the other emotions, too. Don’t tell yourself how to feel or let others tell you how you should feel.
That is what ticks me off about family and others that THINK they can tell me to just get over it and such.
Until they have experienced loss of a spouse they have no right to tell me what to do.

Listen to your heart. Let your heart expand. The love you shared was a trial round for the capacity of compassion you are capable of. You are blessed to have loved so deeply. Share it. But first let us help you. Thanks you for sharing. It is an honor.

I need more help than I am getting to deal with wife's death but I don't have many options without a car to count on.

You must look beyond that obstacle. Find some beauty in your surroundings. Even if it is just a tree or a patch of grass, the sound of children playing or a flower growing in a lonely patch. You must find gratitude for that one moment of beauty.
Even the grass growing between the stones in a side walk will remind me that life will force its way out.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I am reading through this and I want to give you a proper reply to all your inquiries. But alas I find time too short, but know I will try. Please stay strong and steady.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Correction: SOME if them are smiling. Others are screaming. They all want blood

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Even the grass growing between the stones in a side walk will remind me that life will force its way out.

Years ago when I was really depressed, I took notice of something similar. There was a wild flower pushing its way up between the cracks of the sidewalk. I remember thinking how powerful that was to me then, that such a delicate thing could have such power and the will to survive and bloom there.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

Correction: SOME if them are smiling. Others are screaming. They all want blood

They're smiling flowers. That's it, I'm sending you back for more training as a warrior. I think you might have missed a few classes. Sheesh

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

So you are being eloquent, which in it self is grand, in a scant manner.
Your derivation of it sounds VERY LIKELY to me, because it means something along the lines of...
Getting your point across in very few words. (Getting straight to the point without waffling on and on and...)
You just waffled, Ha Ha
I salute you!

G

That's what I said. I guessed it. Yeah. It wasn't even in my old faithful Webster, I love that thing.
I had to dig through words to find a plausible conjunction.
That was fun.
Words are fun, all most as enticing as reading body language or trying to understand non-human communication. The red in Gordis' text are my inserts.

LOL - you got it in its entirety WIS!
I can assure you that the waffling was completely deliberate (to emphasise the meaning of the word we were discussing) hence the ellipses at the end... (My apologies to the ellipsis queen Jacy! (Where Are You???)).

Good Morning Shedland,
Bad news from yesterday...
My Campervan is dead. (Failed its MOT (road-worthiness) test.)
Terminal corrosion on the main chassis. Too difficult and expensive to eradicate.

I've had the van for what... 8yrs? 9 maybe?
It's taken me all over the UK, and allowed me to enjoy the best of times in the best of places with the best of friends.
I never got around to giving my van a name, but it is/was a BIG part of my life and my family.
I am gutted. Especially since I am supposed to be going to a festival in it next weekend!!!
DON'T PANIC G!!!!

My plan is to buy a replacement van of similar size/type and transfer the camper internals to the new van.
I have seen a couple of candidates online and will hopefully go and see some tomorrow.
My main problem is, as ever... a low budget! (And very tight timescales).

Wish Me Luck?

G
edit on 2-7-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: clarification

edit on 2-7-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Sorry to hear that big G !

RIP dak dak ...

Don't get a Toyota hiarse ... no character. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Gordi, good luck with finding a new campervan! I hope you find something you really enjoy so you and the family can make new memories and have new adventures in it.

Hello Sir Timely! Cold out your way?

Good day Sheddites and lurkers!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

...the family?
The FAMILY??

Oh, yeah... them... uhm.... yes, I'm sure I will find something that they can maybe fit in too.... unless it's just a wee bit too small again.... and we can't all fit in at the same time... shame really...... yeah... the family....

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

HA! Hello my silly Scotsman! How are you today hun? Rather warm and humid here. I need a second cup of coffee like NOW!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Im warrior enough to tell whena flower is going to attack thats for sure

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Ummmm...you know something you aren't telling us?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Lucid ran into the shed, breathless, the door slamming shut quietly behind him. "flowers... attacking," he says between great heaves of breath. a snicker filled the gap and then suddenly there was laughter. filling the silence. Lucids cheeks turn red and he goes to snap a rebuke but closes his mouth instead. he pulls his pen from his pocket and it turns into his sword, and a papery shield blossoms from his offhand arm. he gives everyone a dark look and leaves the shed.

Before him, and anyone who decided to join him, lay a field of purple flowers as far as the eye could see. In their hands they held swords and knives and guns of thorn. Their faces, multicolored and grim, ranged from macabre smiles to outright screams of rage. This would be Lucids first time usimg his battle skills since he woke up in accasia

edit on 2-7-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
WIS, thank you for your nice words. That meant a lot to me.
Night, keep up the good work at the Shed
Gordi, sorry about the loss of your camper on wheels. Pictures of its replacement are required. lol

I'm feeling better today after sharing my long post yesterday. I stayed up too late as usual but I watched the last two Star Trek movies. That put me in good spirits.

Last night's dream was interesting as well. I was sitting at a table with two women. One of the women handed back the graded test that myself and the other lady had taken. My grade on the test was a C+. I don't recall what type of written test it was. The woman who handed out the test has long brown/red hair. She got up from her chair and gave me a big kiss on th lips. I was almost shocked by this action. BTW this dream took place around Thanksgiving.
After the kiss, I was outside carrying three white trash bags of gifts. Apparently, the brown/red hair woman had two toddler age children. Two of the bags of gifts were for the children, the other for the brown/red hair woman.
This took place in an open field. I got the impression that this lady was having a picnic. There were some white posts sticking out of the ground. I placed the children's gifts by each of these and the woman's gifts by a car.

I have a feeling that I know who this woman was. It was someone who was my supervisor about 17 years ago. She had awesome hair. Was a former model for shampoo companies. Everything about her was just perfect other than I was still on the married side of the fence and she was married as well. Then again she could just represent the one in a million type of woman that I am looking for.

For today, I'm taking I'm washing four loads of laundry. Taking breaks like now to try to cool off as warm as it is today.

edit on 7 2 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'm glad you are feeling better Blue! Your tests in real life have been quite challenging to say the least. It appears to be coming out in your subconscious sometimes through these dreams. Perhaps the unexpected kiss from the teacher was your subconscious giving you a thumbs up so to speak for continually trying and not giving up completely even though you may have wanted to. Maybe she was showing you that you are worthy. I dunno, I'm no dream analyst or anything. The part about the gifts being given could be showing you have gifts to offer to people in your life who care about you. The gift of your compassion, kindness or humor, writing or anything really.

Keep the faith and hold strong. You have a shed full of light warriors by your side.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Night found herself in the living room of the shed and looked around perplexed. I think this realm is unsteady, I keep finding myself in different time lines she thought as she heard the voice of Lucid. He was shouting about flowers attacking. No that couldn't be right. Flowers don't attack. Pesky flies off in search of the young warrior and watches as he runs out the door, sword in hand. "Ummm...Night Star, I think we have a problem." The Elf meets Pesky in the entrance hall and sees her little friend point to the door. When she opened the door, they were met with...flowers...millions of them.

"what the hell is going on here? We have battled many things before, but...flowers?????" Quickly, she took her decorative sword from it's scabbard and ran through the fields cutting down the strange and mysterious purple flowers with her sharpened sword. All the while wondering how they got there and why.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'll keep your reply in mind as it makes sense to me too. Thanks. BTW that was the only dream that I have ever had involving a kiss. My dream life doesn't have much of a life either. lol

Then there is the latest about my dad. Let's just say that I'm not going to listen to him anymore as he is back on his old theme of thinking he is right and that I am doing things the wrong way.

Guess I'll try giving him away in the free section of CL again.

edit on 7 2 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The Elf was surprised at his every movement, bold yet shy at the same time. An intriguing, playful and mysterious human from another realm taking her by the hand and leading her away to watch the vivid hues of rusty red, orange and yellow play across the sky. The silence was comfortable, not awkward at all. Everything seemed so natural and right with him by her side yet...she was an Elven Queen and he was a human man from another realm.

Her senses were sharp and what she sensed was that there was far more to him than he had presented of himself. He was very much like herself and she felt a connection on a soul level. How very odd she thought. Could she be mistaken? Night didn't dwell on these thoughts, she wanted to remain in the moment of just being. She noticed they were still holding hands as they watched the sunset fade into the sea.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Bahahaha!

Bravo Blue for not listening to your Father and allowing him to get away with crap! Bravo!

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join