It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Bad news from yesterday...
My Campervan is dead. I've had the van for what... 8yrs? 9 maybe?
it is/was a BIG part of my life and my family.
I am gutted.

Aww you poor thing. Here is a big ]]]]]]]]]]HUG[[[[[[[[[[. Hopefully you have pictures so you can say ' Here's the van and us'

My plan is to buy a replacement van of similar size/type and transfer the camper internals to the new van.
Wish Me Luck?

So soon? My Gordi, let the poor things engine cool down!!! And organ donation, I don't know mate, their could be repercussions. Your 'old van' may feel hurt because you 'refused' to repair it, so it will act up in the new van.
You should think about this and skip that stupid festival.
This is a time for introspection

edit on 2-7-2017 by WalkInSilence because: pooh

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

As she was drifting off to sleep, she could hear Lucid singing to her in a gentle voice. She struggled to stay awake long enough to hear it. Night dreamt of the merfolk that lived beneath the sea. She watched as two lovers entwined and danced together lovingly, holding each other close, long hair flowing behind and around them in the crystal water. She dreamt of waves washing over her to release all traces of worry from the weight of her royal responsibilities. Wondrous images and scenes played throughout the night in her dreaming. The last she remembered was a scene of herself and Lucid gazing into each others eyes longingly before looking away.

The hours passed slowly as the darkness and serenity surrounded the pair. The silver moon rose higher as more stars appeared in all their beauty and sparkling light.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Bahahaha!

Bravo Blue for not listening to your Father and allowing him to get away with crap! Bravo!

I reminded him that he is not a God and to quit acting like one.
Now all I can do is hold my breath until I can get out of this place and hopefully end up in the PNW.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Bahahaha!

Hiya Wis! I always loved that pic! How are you Sweetie?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Marty slowly slips the covers down the bed. Making sure no one heard her stealthy moves.
She quietly sneaks from her bed to the corner of the bedroom door and peaks into the hallway...
Owning the moment, Marty's childlike form flew down the hallway and across the great room into the bar !

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What is the PNW? Good for you to finally stand up to him after how he has treated you for so long. It was very upsetting to hear how he affected you like he did.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Uh oh, I sense some mischief here. LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That's all I have in me. Lol.
Just wanted to say hi.
Time for bed

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The Pacific North West

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

That's all I have in me. Lol.
Just wanted to say hi.
Time for bed

Goodnight little mischief maker and sweet dreams!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Whew, I'm in the North East, wouldn't want you sending him my way. LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

As busy as I am perhaps I didn't state that correctly. Dad can stay here in Texas as long as he cares to. I am the want that wants to move to the PNW.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Do you honestly think you can sneak into the bar.?????

So good to see you silly girl.
Some time you have to tell us how you and your precious Knight are doing.
Sweet dreams Wonder Woman.
a reply to: Martin75

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey KitKat good to see you.

a reply to: crappiekat
I hope the 'Up North' isn't giving you to much grief, you are getting the majority of storms.
No time for fishing here, but I swim with the dogs all most every day before or after my shifts.
Cheers your way

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sweet dreams Sheddites and lurkers.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sweetest of dreams o raine

I enjoyed your posts thoroughly and wil get to them on the morrow
edit on 2-7-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

...So soon? My Gordi, let the poor things engine cool down!!! And organ donation, I don't know mate, their could be repercussions. Your 'old van' may feel hurt because you 'refused' to repair it, so it will act up in the new van.
You should think about this and skip that stupid festival.
This is a time for introspection

The old van is just too far gone WIS.
Corrosion all the way along the main chassis rails and in other places too.
It really is not repairable.

I had it inspected on Thursday at a Test Centre, but I also had it checked over by a close pal of mine who is a mechanic, welder AND MOT TESTER for another centre, on Saturday. He confirmed that it was irreparable. (He specifically said that even if it was his own van, he wouldn't even try and repair it.)
It's like a part of my family and I would absolutely fix it if I could (as I have done on 2 of the last 3 years!!)

The festival next weekend is one that I go to every year. I haven't missed one in maybe 15 years or more.
It will take place whether I go or not... but I'd rather be there if I can!

My old van was a Dulux Paints Delivery Van before I bought it.
I put very many hours into converting it into a campervan by myself.
I like to think that I gave it a good, easy life after it officially "retired" from hauling paint around!! LOL

The campervan internals which I might try and transplant into a new van are all stuff that I myself designed, made and fitted to the old van. (Not any real mechanical stuff.)
There's an 8 foot long seating area which extends into a "U" shape for parties! and also folds out to make a HUGE bed.
There's overhead storage units where I keep my food, toiletries etc
A small kitchen with double-hob and sink, including an electric water-pump, and kitchen cupboards which I custom fitted to the shape of the van.
I even fitted 3 windows!!
There are 3 "mood-lighting" circuits which I also installed. One warm white, one blue and one multi-coloured flashing "party" lighting!!
There's the insulation panels and roof linings with downlighters too, and my 260W power amp and built-in speakers...

You can probably tell by now that I put a LOT of work into creating the old campervan?
I don't have much money just now, and If I don't have a van I won't be able to travel to (or stay at) the summer music festivals, and they are what keeps me sane!! LOL They are where I meet up with my old crowd of dear pals and make music!
The cheapest way of obtaining a new campervan is to convert one myself, and the cheapest way of doing that is to get a similar van to my old one and transfer the "camper" stuff from old to new.

This is a time for ACTION! and Organ Donation!!! ROFL
I shall give the old van a good send-off later...

IF I can find a suitable new van.

Gx

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

HA! Hello my silly Scotsman! How are you today hun? Rather warm and humid here. I need a second cup of coffee like NOW!

scunnered

I'm doing ok 'Raine.
There's not much work coming in tbh. (So, not much money...)
We've had to replace Chrissie's car, and my van is now declared dead.

Developers have lodged plans to build HUNDREDS of houses around our wee rural village.
I was born here, I grew up here, and I've lived here for more than 45 of my 50-odd years. I wanted my kids to grow up here with green fields and trees in all directions, but now someone else wants to surround us with a big modern housing estate.
Our own "old-fashioned" houses will plummet in value, as they lose their unique rural aspect and become surrounded by more modern houses.
The development is just at the "proposal" stage. They have acquired the land and are pushing the local council to see what they can get away with. We can still object to the plans, BUT WE CAN'T STOP IT. The mighty £/$ speaks loudly, and the councils have very tight budgets. Developers are very clever at finding ways of "helping" councils to fund parks or recreation facilities in exchange for favourable planning decisions... so it's only going to end up one way and we may have to consider moving home - something that I hoped would never have to happen.

There has also been some deliberate disruption & shenanigans here behind the scenes in the latest short story writers contest which is delaying me from announcing the correct results. I can't really talk about the details due to ATS T&C's but it has been VERY disappointing and upsetting to me personally.

So, all in all... I've not had a very good week.
Something that I am desperately trying to change for this coming week!
(I suspect that may be another reason why I'm really trying to get a new van sorted out... to "turn the tide" of bad news?)

Anyway, Happy Monday.

Gx

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

There has also been some deliberate disruption & shenanigans here behind the scenes in the latest short story writers contest

LOL. Come on mate! Look at it in the right light.

An ATS monthly contest for writers ... and it gets hacked (or whatever happened)

Our tiny, miniature even, look into the seedy world of publishing ... ATS Version.

Just why? Lol, I am still laughing, I just can't get it out of my mind.

Really, these short stories are great! But to cheat? Lol.

Must be me, no one else is laughing but really ....

Just too funny.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join