It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn the House to Kill a Fly - Notre Dame grads don't know the meaning of Sacred

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: The3murph

originally posted by: TinySickTears

They did PLENTY wrong. They attempted to make a dignified ceremony celebrating the achievements of their fellow graduates about them and their little feelers. I didn't particularly care for Ronald Reagan but I sat there quietly and peacefully when he spoke at my graduation. I was smart enough to realize that the event was about the group not JUST me. That is one of the problems of these spoiled millennial brats.

ok pol pot
you listened to reagan. good for you. what a special boy you are.
hhahaahahahaha

they must put their feelings, beliefs, and convictions aside for the group.
got it

Would you feel the same if they all got up and make the Roman Salute and walked out?

i dont know what that is and all they did was walk out so i dont know why youre asking

its clear how you feel
obey the empire

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You cant fix stupid.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
a reply to: TinySickTears

I wouldn't listen to a speech by Mike Pence and I wouldn't listen to a speech by Hillary Clinton.

Do you think the same people would be butthurt over this if it were college students walking out of an Obama/Hillary speech?

Of course not.

They'd rather of the students be forced to listen - against their own volition - because "they're going to miss out on a great opportunity."

I'd walk out too. And if that triggers a bunch of crybaby snowflakes, all the better.

i wouldnt listen to a speech by most. seriously doubt i would attend the ceremony no matter what. mail me my #. im out.
i would listen to ali g. his harvard speech was the #.

of course they would not care if it was obama or clinton. they are only pissed cause they walked out on a member of hair trumps cabinet.
thats pretty clear

they dont give a # about their ceremony or the opportunity they missed. thats a guise.
theyre pissed cause of who was speaking...that is pretty damn clear

acting like they care about what these people missed

total joke

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

They did PLENTY wrong. They attempted to make a dignified ceremony celebrating the achievements of their fellow graduates about them and their little feelers. I didn't particularly care for Ronald Reagan but I sat there quietly and peacefully when he spoke at my graduation. I was smart enough to realize that the event was about the group not JUST me. That is one of the problems of these spoiled millennial brats.

ok pol pot
hhahaahahahaha

got it

Would you feel the same if they all got up and make the Roman Salute and walked out?

Well they didn't, you can create all of the hypothetical scenarios you'd like to prove your point, but you're making them up out of thin air - fabricating them (fake news) - to illustrate a political point.

Using your line of (flawed) reasoning, the American Revolution and the Civil War never would have begun.

Did you know that roughly one-hundred years ago, the people of Maine hung their governor for being a corrupt scumbag?

All of these people should've stayed on their knees and obeyed their authority figures.

Don't question authority.

War is peace. Ignorant is strength. Freedom is slavery.

Stay underneath of the boot. Don't speak out against government-figures.

Be a patriotic American today!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The3murph

If these college students just stayed home during the event, I'm sure that, too, would trigger many of you into a frantic frenzy about how wrong they were, how they should have went to "experience the opportunity," etc.

You guys just like to complain about anyone/everyone that has anything remotely negative about the current administration, that's all.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

that is what it boils down to.
obey. sit quietly and listen

i love how one of the right wingers thinks their diplomas should have been held because they did something so terrible like walking out of a place.
can you believe the horror

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

ok pol pot
hhahaahahahaha

got it

Well they didn't, you can create all of the hypothetical scenarios you'd like to prove your point, but you're making them up out of thin air - fabricating them (fake news) - to illustrate a political point.

Using your line of (flawed) reasoning, the American Revolution and the Civil War never would have begun.

Did you know that roughly one-hundred years ago, the people of Maine hung their governor for being a corrupt scumbag?

All of these people should've stayed on their knees and obeyed their authority figures.

Don't question authority.

War is peace. Ignorant is strength. Freedom is slavery.

Question all you like on YOUR OWN TIME. When at a public event we, as a society, have a contract with one another about how we will conduct ourselves. In the Army there is a saying "Respect the RANK not necessarily the man."

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Question all you like on YOUR OWN TIME. When at a public event we, as a society, have a contract with one another about how we will conduct ourselves. In the Army there is a saying "Respect the RANK not necessarily the man."

they were on their own time.
it was there choice to be there and their choice to leave

i know you hate that but those are facts

so the only thing acceptable to you would have been for them to quietly sit and listen right?

and wtf are you talking about social contracts?

thats a joke too

no laws were broken. the people that wanted to sit and listen did. the people that didnt, didnt.
why does that piss you off so much fidel?

good thing they did not enlist in the army and sign that contract huh?
they were under no contract of any kind. civilians do not have to respect the rank or the man.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

So now, these students walking out and not staying for the speech were infringing on Pences rights and were being intolerant.

Lol.

What a cry-baby excuse.

"If you don't stay - against your own volition and will - to hear what I have to say, you're infringing on my rights and are being intolerant!"

Jesus, some of you folks are clowns.

If people walked out of a Hillary event I promise the same people wouldn't be complaining about the BS-faux outrage they're pretending to care about here.

Who or where did anyone say that by them leaving, they were infringing on Pence's rights? I may have missed it.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Im the same...mail it to me. The last thing i want to do is give up my free time to dress up and engage in ceremony. I'd sooner take bamboo shoots up under my nails.

But i didn't graduate college, so I can't say I have any relevant experience in that regard. When my youngest chose to not attend his graduation ceremony in his trade program, i was pretty relieved. My oldest graduated from Tech and that was among the most uncomfortable experiences in my recent life, although the after event steak made it worthwhile.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im the same...mail it to me. The last thing i want to do is give up my free time to dress up and engage in ceremony. I'd sooner take bamboo shoots up under my nails.

But i didn't graduate college, so I can't say I have any relevant experience in that regard. When my youngest chose to not attend his graduation ceremony in his trade program, i was pretty relieved. My oldest graduated from Tech and that was among the most uncomfortable experiences in my recent life, although the after event steak made it worthwhile.

as usual we agree my friend.
i know a lot of our beliefs are different but we definitely come together on a lot of things.
im just not big on spectacles.
hell when i got married there were only 4 people there and i was under a serious amount of pressure for that.

just not into it.
the ceremony is not important to me at all.
if it were that important to the people that left they would have stayed. clearly not listening to pence outweighed the ceremony.
aaaaaah.
the beauty of living in murica where yuu have a choice to be somewhere or not.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm glad these kids walked out and excerised their rights but I hope they understand that the world watched their stunt which could bite them in the butt.

We reap what we sow..

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

some posters here are disgusting my friend
sit quietly and listen
they were under social contract
hold their diploma

all because they walked out of a place.
boil it down to its most basic and thats what they did.
nothing was ruined for the people that wanted to stay. nothing was disrupted.
some people simply chose not to listen....thats all

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

they were on their own time.
it was there choice to be there and their choice to leave

i know you hate that but those are facts

so the only thing acceptable to you would have been for them to quietly sit and listen right?

and wtf are you talking about social contracts?

thats a joke too

no laws were broken. the people that wanted to sit and listen did. the people that didnt, didnt.
why does that piss you off so much fidel?

good thing they did not enlist in the army and sign that contract huh?
they were under no contract of any kind. civilians do not have to respect the rank or the man.

I didn't enlist. I was COMMISSIONED.

Civilians are not subject to a contract for how we conduct ourselves in public? What color is the sun in your world?

Talk or cause disruptions at the movies? You get thrown out on your ass. Twerk at an Opera? Get thrown out on your ass. What is the LAW except a contract between citizens on what kind of behavior we will and will not tolerate?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I'm glad these kids walked out and excerised their rights but I hope they understand that the world watched their stunt which could bite them in the butt.

We reap what we sow..

well i say if it bites them in their ass that is their problem.
they made a choice

how could it possibly bite them in the ass though? they did nothing wrong

maybe some posters will get their way and the stasi will roll up on them in the next couple days and the ass biting will start

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Talk or cause disruptions at the movies? You get thrown out on your ass. Twerk at an Opera? Get thrown out on your ass.

Yeah, walk up and leave a ceremony and get thrown...wait...

Last time I saw someone bring up "social contracts" they were called a commie.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join