It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn the House to Kill a Fly - Notre Dame grads don't know the meaning of Sacred

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

That in itself is a form of discrimination but I'm sure the irony is lost on those who are crying because "shock the gay out of them," Pence wasn't greeted in a manner of unanimous obedience like North Koreans do with their Dear Leader.

that seems to be what people expect.

must listen. must be quiet. must respect.
here is a secret...not everyone on the planet respects pence and they are totally within their rights to hold that respect.
you have to earn respect and being appointed by the orange one does not earn that respect. not in my book.

i dont give respect based on position but i can be respectful and walk away peacefully like these people did.

i know that is a huge taboo these days...you know....in the united states in 2017

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: thesaneone
I'm glad these kids walked out and excerised their rights but I hope they understand that the world watched their stunt which could bite them in the butt.

We reap what we sow..

Their stunt?

And how, and better yet - why - would this bite them in the butt?

Do you honestly believe these students will be discriminated against because of a political stance?

If so, that's a damn shame.

apparently these days freely walking away from a place as a free person in a free country is enough to cause you to not gain employment.

aaaahhhhh.
the world we live in

Well that's clearly an important decision to be made in the hiring department.

"I'm not too concerned about your qualifications/experience/education, I saw on your FaceBook page you're not a fan of Mike Pence. I can't hire you. Sorry."

That in itself is a form of discrimination but I'm sure the irony is lost on those who are crying because "shock the gay out of them," Pence wasn't greeted in a manner of unanimous obedience like North Koreans do with their Dear Leader.

It shows a level of maturity that is sorely lacking in many of you. Did your parents not demand that you act appropriately when in public as a child? Where there no consequences if you didn't?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

that seems to be what people expect.

must listen. must be quiet. must respect.
here is a secret...not everyone on the planet respects pence and they are totally within their rights to hold that respect.
you have to earn respect and being appointed by the orange one does not earn that respect. not in my book.

i dont give respect based on position but i can be respectful and walk away peacefully like these people did.

i know that is a huge taboo these days...you know....in the united states in 2017

Mr. Pence was elected to the office he holds in an Electoral College Landslide. He wasn't appointed by anyone.

link   

a reply to: thesaneone

So rather than hire based on qualifications, you'd creep on their Facebook and hire them based on what they post.

That's weird, man.

It's a fact that your employer creeps on your Facebook page.

Not what's being discussed. What you said is that people will discriminate against these students because they can be identified using Facebook.

IF an employeer DOES discriminate against them based on political ideology, they'd be better off.

Sounds like a creepily-perverted boss living vicariously through someone else.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

When Obama gave a commencement at Notre Dame quite a few students walked out too.

The only thing it says to me, is that people take politics way too seriously.
edit on 22-5-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

there is always barber college

Okay but what does that have to do with respect?

what does walking away from a place you dont want to be have to do with respect?

Dude, you have complained so much on the different jobs you had "left" and they all have one thing in common, lack of respect from you.

your point?
dont stretch the truth my friend.

i complained about the foundry i left and they have since made changes and called me back but you knew that huh.
didnt know this thread was about me now but ok.

i forgot that people are not allowed to complain about their jobs or bosses now. i know that is something you have never done in your life huh...im such a terrible person

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit or the Street Corner!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

So rather than hire based on qualifications, you'd creep on their Facebook and hire them based on what they post.

That's weird, man.

It's a fact that your employer creeps on your Facebook page.

Isn't discrimination based on political stance illegal?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: The3murph

Mr. Pence was elected to the office he holds in an Electoral College Landslide. He wasn't appointed by anyone.

you know damn well what i meant.
he was chosen by trump. trump was elected.
you know what i mean so stop trying to split hairs.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

a reply to: The3murph

More threats.

What consequences?

What should be the appropriate consequence for students walking out of a speech/event/ceremony?

We get it, man. You think people should worship the state and should be punished for not being a good little sheep.

he already said that he feels like their diploma should have been held from them for 6 months to a year or until they felt like sending it...
you know. cause they walked away from something.....

Punished for lacking the maturity to politely listen to a speaker like the overwhelming majority of people there did.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Did your parents not demand that you act appropriately when in public as a child? Where there no consequences if you didn't?

my mommy and daddy taught me that i am a free human being and i live in a free country. they taught me that i am allowed to walk away from something if i wish without being punished for it.
guess they were wrong

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Sorry to intrude on your little bromance, but who or where on this thread did anyone say that had to sit and listen or else they were infringing on his rights? I asked this earlier but nobody responded.

Based on the tone and typical knee jerk response from you guys, one would think that the ones opposing the protest, are in fact demanding them to stay.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Punished for lacking the maturity to politely listen to a speaker like the overwhelming majority of people there did.

can you not get it through your head that they were not required or under no obligation to politely listen?
what is so hard about it?

clearly you take it as a slight but no laws were broken. nothing was ruined for the people that wanted to listen. they were not obligated to politely listen so what is your problem?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm glad these kids walked out and excerised their rights but I hope they understand that the world watched their stunt which could bite them in the butt.

We reap what we sow..

Their stunt?

And how, and better yet - why - would this bite them in the butt?

Do you honestly believe these students will be discriminated against because of a political stance?

If so, that's a damn shame.

apparently these days freely walking away from a place as a free person in a free country is enough to cause you to not gain employment.

aaaahhhhh.
the world we live in

Well that's clearly an important decision to be made in the hiring department.

"I'm not too concerned about your qualifications/experience/education, I saw on your FaceBook page you're not a fan of Mike Pence. I can't hire you. Sorry."

It shows a level of maturity that is sorely lacking in many of you. Did your parents not demand that you act appropriately when in public as a child? Where there no consequences if you didn't?

When you can't debate the topic, insult the poster.

Your post in indubitably ironic, hypocritical, even.

When I'm in public, I regularly take bong-rips and slam '40's and old McDonalds bags that smell of skunk and cigarettes. I also like to keep my clothes as dirty as possible, as well not shaving for as long as possible to retain a certain "fresh," odor. I also occasionally pick my nose and wipe my boogers on nearby walls, all the while making sure toilet paper is dragging behind me. And it's not new toilet paper, either.

I nearly forget, I usually carry around an assortment of dank vapes (between 4-5) that way I can blow fat clouds into little children's face because vaping is dank, bro.

> play stupid games, win stupid prizes

You want to sit in your ivory tower and start hurling personal insults?

You said you attended college when RR was president and endured a speech by that terrorist (Iran-Contra)?

That's impossible, because you can't be older than sixteen based on your inability to debate the topic and instead fall back on pitiful petty personal insults.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Did your parents not demand that you act appropriately when in public as a child? Where there no consequences if you didn't?

my mommy and daddy taught me that i am a free human being and i live in a free country. they taught me that i am allowed to walk away from something if i wish without being punished for it.
guess they were wrong

Then your parents did you a disservice. Let us hope that you have done better with your own children.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Not sure about "infringing on Pence's right" but have you been reading The3murph's posts? He is suggesting that those students should be punished for exercising their right to walk out. And that they should be forced to sit, respect and listen.

edit on 5/22/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
The students can never repeat their achievement. They will never walk the stage with their friends. Their friends and family will never get to stand and publicly applaud them in the commencement ceremony. They will get their degree, sure... they earned it. But it will ring hollow in years to come.

I don't know about that. Maybe the ceremony just isn't that important to them? I've got multiple degrees and I didn't walk for any of them. I'll finish my schooling next year most likely, and I don't think I'll walk for that either.

I'm not an overly materialistic person. I don't value most things, hell I use one of my degree's as a mousepad. I just don't have any interest in attending a ceremony over being given a piece of paper. What I care about is the knowledge, not some material that says I passed a few classes.

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Sorry to intrude on your little bromance, but who or where on this thread did anyone say that had to sit and listen or else they were infringing on his rights? I asked this earlier but nobody responded.

Based on the tone and typical knee jerk response from you guys, one would think that the ones opposing the protest, are in fact demanding them to stay.

why are you responding to me with that?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

guess they were wrong

Then your parents did you a disservice. Let us hope that you have done better with your own children.

yeah
shame on them for showing me that i am free

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Not sure about "infringing on Pence's right" but have you been reading The3murph posts? He is suggesting that those students should be punished for exercising their right to walk out. And that they should be forced to sit, respect and listen.

Don't feed him.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join