It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn the House to Kill a Fly - Notre Dame grads don't know the meaning of Sacred

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:
(post by TinySickTears removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: thesaneone
I'm glad these kids walked out and excerised their rights but I hope they understand that the world watched their stunt which could bite them in the butt.

We reap what we sow..

well i say if it bites them in their ass that is their problem.
they made a choice

how could it possibly bite them in the ass though? they did nothing wrong

maybe some posters will get their way and the stasi will roll up on them in the next couple days and the ass biting will start

Easy bud, I agree with the students but let's not pretend that bosses don't read their employees Facebook pages and if I'm a boss hiring you and I see that you walked out of the ceremony I wouldn't hire you because if you can't handle the pressure of sitting and listing some dude yap then you don't have what it takes to work for me.

Respect goes along way.

link   
a reply to: The3murph

Lame, walking out was being that guy.

link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: The3murph
Talk or cause disruptions at the movies? You get thrown out on your ass. Twerk at an Opera? Get thrown out on your ass.

Yeah, walk up and leave a ceremony and get thrown...wait...

Last time I saw someone bring up "social contracts" they were called a commie.

if mr COMMISSIONED got his way their diplomas would have been held because they did something as terrible as ....ready for it
walk away

can you believe this #?

there are people in this country and in this thread that want others to be punished because they walked away..
hahahahahahah

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I'm glad these kids walked out and excerised their rights but I hope they understand that the world watched their stunt which could bite them in the butt.

We reap what we sow..

well i say if it bites them in their ass that is their problem.
they made a choice

how could it possibly bite them in the ass though? they did nothing wrong

maybe some posters will get their way and the stasi will roll up on them in the next couple days and the ass biting will start

Easy bud, I agree with the students but let's not pretend that bosses don't read their employees Facebook pages and if I'm a boss hiring you and I see that you walked out of the ceremony I wouldn't hire you because if you can't handle the pressure of sitting and listing some dude yap then you don't have what it takes to work for me.

Respect goes along way.

easy with what. i said some posters not you. if i meant you i would have said you.

well if they dont get a job cause some potential employer saw this on their facebook then thats their problem...
they will figure out how to deal.

i seriously doubt that a potential employer will pass on them for this...
personally if an employer would pass on me for quietly walking out of a place i did not want to be then that is not an employer i would want to work for anyway.
there is always barber college

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

We reap what we sow..

Their stunt?

And how, and better yet - why - would this bite them in the butt?

Do you honestly believe these students will be discriminated against because of a political stance?

If so, that's a damn shame.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So rather than hire based on qualifications, you'd creep on their Facebook and hire them based on what they post.

That's weird, man.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

We reap what we sow..

Their stunt?

Do you honestly believe these students will be discriminated against because of a political stance?

apparently these days freely walking away from a place as a free person in a free country is enough to cause you to not gain employment.

aaaahhhhh.
the world we live in

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

link   

More threats.

What consequences?

What should be the appropriate consequence for students walking out of a speech/event/ceremony?

We get it, man. You think people should worship the state and should be punished for not being a good little sheep.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Okay but what does that have to do with respect?

link   

So rather than hire based on qualifications, you'd creep on their Facebook and hire them based on what they post.

That's weird, man.

kind of sounds like something the stasi would do huh

"well mr whoever, even though you got good grades and graduated the top of your class, you did walk away from a place you did not want to be so im going to have to hire the other guy who quietly sat and listened"

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

what does walking away from a place you dont want to be have to do with respect?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That's weird, man.

It's a fact that your employer creeps on your Facebook page.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

We reap what we sow..

Their stunt?

apparently these days freely walking away from a place as a free person in a free country is enough to cause you to not gain employment.

aaaahhhhh.
the world we live in

Well that's clearly an important decision to be made in the hiring department.

"I'm not too concerned about your qualifications/experience/education, I saw on your FaceBook page you're not a fan of Mike Pence. I can't hire you. Sorry."

That in itself is a form of discrimination but I'm sure the irony is lost on those who are crying because "shock the gay out of them," Pence wasn't greeted in a manner of unanimous obedience like North Koreans do with their Dear Leader.

link   

More threats.

What consequences?

What should be the appropriate consequence for students walking out of a speech/event/ceremony?

We get it, man. You think people should worship the state and should be punished for not being a good little sheep.

he already said that he feels like their diploma should have been held from them for 6 months to a year or until they felt like sending it...
you know. cause they walked away from something.....

link   

I wouldn't listen to a speech by Mike Pence and I wouldn't listen to a speech by Hillary Clinton.

Do you think the same people would be butthurt over this if it were college students walking out of an Obama/Hillary speech?

Of course not.

These people have no understanding in the basic fundamentals of human freedom and how that applies and is relevant to a democratic society built on the notion of freedom.

They're a bunch of triggered crybabies. Over what? A bunch of complete strangers, that have absolutely ZERO impact on your everyday life, walked out of a speech by Mike Pence.

They'd rather of the students be forced to listen - against their own volition - because "they're going to miss out on a great opportunity."

What is a great opportunity for a cat is the death of a mouse. It's all perception.

Hearing a speech by Mike "shock the gay out of them," is hardly an honor in my opinion.

I'd walk out too. And if that triggers a bunch of crybaby snowflakes, all the better.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

what does walking away from a place you dont want to be have to do with respect?

Dude, you have complained so much on the different jobs you had "left" and they all have one thing in common, lack of respect from you.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join