It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn the House to Kill a Fly - Notre Dame grads don't know the meaning of Sacred

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So out of 3100 or so, 75 walk out to the boos of those attending and the press makes this into a big deal?

The people making a big deal out of it are the cry-babies who are whining about how the college students actions were a form infringement and outright censorship of Mike Pence. And it was intolerant, because in 'Murica, people should be forced to listen to other people even if they don't want to (especially government figures. Mandated government worship is essentially in a free democratic society).

They're the ones whining and moaning about it. Another poster has suggested to kick the kids ass because they don't like the look on their face (I thought only the intolerant left were violent, though?)

A handful of college students triggered the alt-right into a hissyfit frenzy because they didn't listen to "shock the gay out of them," Pence.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. FASCISTS! NAZIS! COMMUNISTS! TERROISTS! WAAAAAAAAAH!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
love it

so if they get loud and disrupt they are wrong.
if they calmly get up and walk out they are wrong.

they are only right if they first sit quietly and listen to a bunch of bull# and then peacefully protest.

what a load

Or possibly I don't know maybe act like you have some home training and the ability to conduct oneself in public like an adult...

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: kaylaluv

Some people don't need ceremony to lend an air of accomplishment. What was learned, worked for and accomplished is what matters.

yup.

and these right winger trumpets posting in this thread dont give a damn one way or the other about these graduates missing their ceremony. these adult graduates made a choice to peacefully walk out. their choice to miss the ceremony.

this whole thread is a crock. just something else to bitch about as far as what the left did or did not do.

bringing up potential employers hiring or not hiring them cause of this...
what a load

all that matters is that degree. they all have it. they protested peacefully and are still getting hammered for it.

first you must sit and listen blah blah

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

love it

they are only right if they first sit quietly and listen to a bunch of bull# and then peacefully protest.

what a load

They complain about violent protests, saying they should be peaceful.

They complain about peaceful protests, saying it's an infringing on others right, is intolerant (because intolerance is Consitutionally protected, derp derp), and is censorship.

I think they just don't want people to protest.

I think they want mandated government-figure worship because they can't handle criticism and anyone who isn't a drone-follower is "anti-Trump," and an enemy of the state.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: The3murph

love it

what a load

Or possibly I don't know maybe act like you have some home training and the ability to conduct oneself in public like an adult...

an adult is not allowed to get up and leave a place they dont want to be?
what the hell is wrong with some of you?

must sit and listen

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Huh, go figure. There were maybe 50 Westboro Baptists protesting outside my college graduation and none of the usual press outlets (like all the big ones who wrote stories on this - NPR, NYT, WaPo, USAToday, etc.) considered a protest of that size newsworthy.

So really, the only thing that made this newsworthy is that it was Pence giving the address. Pretty much any other speaker being walked out on by that number of kids would not have been written about.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: User1138

Texas has been trying to legislate it, and Pence has fought for it in the past, and would loooooove to do it all across the nation.

So it isn't on the books interesting... I would highly doubt it would get through, was likely a political maneuver, rather than an actual attempt at anything. Freedom wins again!!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

love it

what a load

must sit and listen

Well if you're not forced to sit and listen to something you don't want to hear, you're being a fascist-Nazi who wants to censor and infringe on everyone's rights.

If you exercise your fundamental beliefs of common sense and walk away from something you don't want to listen to, because you don't have to listen to anything you don't want to, again - you're a fascist freedom hating hippie Communist who needs to sit down and be forced to pay your attention to something you are not consenting to because otherwise, you're infringing on someone's rights.

The right-wing are the masters of the social justice warrior angle.

"I'm gonna force you to listen to what I have to say, because if you don't, you're a fascist and are infringing on my rights!"

#s unreal. Mental gymnastics at the highest level.

link   

love it

what a load

must sit and listen

If you wanted a Diploma. That SHOULD have been the policy. Disrupt the event and attempt to ruin it for everyone and we will just mail you your diploma in 6 months to a year or whenever we get around to it. This was a college graduation not an antifa rally.

link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

love it

what a load

They complain about violent protests, saying they should be peaceful.

They complain about peaceful protests, saying it's an infringing on others right, is intolerant (because intolerance is Consitutionally protected, derp derp), and is censorship.

I think they just don't want people to protest.

I think they want mandated government-figure worship because they can't handle criticism and anyone who isn't a drone-follower is "anti-Trump," and an enemy of the state.

that is what they want apparently. look at the post below this one
"maybe they should be conduct themselves in public like adults"

load of #

we live in a free country where an adults are allowed to leave a place...
now that is wrong

had they disrupted that would have been wrong
they left quietly and that was wrong

it has been said several times they should have stayed and listened and THEN peacefully done whatever.
so they must obey..that is the only way....
that is what i am getting from this

i love how it is trying to be disguised as "oh but they lost the opportunity to have their sacred ceremony and oh me oh my"

like these people give a # about that

must obey....that is apparently the name of the game

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

love it

what a load

must sit and listen

If you wanted a Diploma. That SHOULD have been the policy. Disrupt the event and attempt to ruin it for everyone and we will just mail you your diploma in 6 months to a year or whenever we get around to it. This was a college graduation not an antifa rally.

ok stalin. maybe it should be the policy but its not..so there is that
they ruined it for everyone because they got up and peacefully walked away?
how is that

since you walked out peacefully and did not obey we shall punish you by holding your diploma hostage till we feel like sending it....
some of you are really disgusting people

these people did absolutely nothing wrong and some of you want to punish them in some form for it

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RomeByFire

Huh, go figure. There were maybe 50 Westboro Baptists protesting outside my college graduation and none of the usual press outlets (like all the big ones who wrote stories on this - NPR, NYT, WaPo, USAToday, etc.) considered a protest of that size newsworthy.

So really, the only thing that made this newsworthy is that it was Pence giving the address. Pretty much any other speaker being walked out on by that number of kids would not have been written about.

Well when it's people spreading hatred about gays and the likes, you don't hear a peep. When a white kid murders elementary students and shoots up mosques, they're considered lone-wolf nut jobs (not terrorists) and are taken to Burger King.

When it's people protesting Dear Leader and company, it's unacceptable. It's censorship. Infringement of rights. Intolerable. Ignorant. And the list goes on (refer to previous pages in thread for the full list of insults).

The "I'm not afraid to speak my mind, and if it offends you, oh well," alt-right are throwing a hissy-fit because these students acted in a "protest," if you will by spending their time doing what they please. It upsets them because they beleve in mandatory government worship and don't believe in criticism of government.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

love it

what a load

must sit and listen

How was the event disrupted?

People getting up and walking out disrupted the event?

Punishment for peaceful protest against government figures - have your college diploma, that you worked for, revoked.

Reasoning? Because you're a fascist.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

love it

what a load

must sit and listen

ok stalin. maybe it should be the policy but its not..so there is that
they ruined it for everyone because they got up and peacefully walked away?
how is that

since you walked out peacefully and did not obey we shall punish you by holding your diploma hostage till we feel like sending it....
some of you are really disgusting people

these people did absolutely nothing wrong and some of you want to punish them in some form for it

They did PLENTY wrong. They attempted to make a dignified ceremony celebrating the achievements of their fellow graduates about them and their little feelers. I didn't particularly care for Ronald Reagan but I sat there quietly and peacefully when he spoke at my graduation. I was smart enough to realize that the event was about the group not JUST me. That is one of the problems of these spoiled millennial brats.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The "I'm not afraid to speak my mind, and if it offends you, oh well," alt-right are throwing a hissy-fit because these students acted in a "protest," if you will by spending their time doing what they please. It upsets them because they beleve in mandatory government worship and don't believe in criticism of government.

this is all a total joke but disgusting at the same time.
people even saying their diploma should have been held.

it does not get much more peaceful than quietly walking away from something you dont want to hear from somewhere you dont want to be.
nothing was ruined for anyone. these people made their own choice to miss their own ceremony...

i cant believe how some people on the right are acting about this...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

They did PLENTY wrong. They attempted to make a dignified ceremony celebrating the achievements of their fellow graduates about them and their little feelers. I didn't particularly care for Ronald Reagan but I sat there quietly and peacefully when he spoke at my graduation. I was smart enough to realize that the event was about the group not JUST me. That is one of the problems of these spoiled millennial brats.

ok pol pot
you listened to reagan. good for you. what a special boy you are.
hhahaahahahaha

they must put their feelings, beliefs, and convictions aside for the group.
got it

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

ok pol pot
you listened to reagan. good for you. what a special boy you are.
hhahaahahahaha

they must put their feelings, beliefs, and convictions aside for the group.
got it

Would you feel the same if they all got up and make the Roman Salute and walked out?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I wouldn't listen to a speech by Mike Pence and I wouldn't listen to a speech by Hillary Clinton.

Do you think the same people would be butthurt over this if it were college students walking out of an Obama/Hillary speech?

Of course not.

These people have no understanding in the basic fundamentals of human freedom and how that applies and is relevant to a democratic society built on the notion of freedom.

They're a bunch of triggered crybabies. Over what? A bunch of complete strangers, that have absolutely ZERO impact on your everyday life, walked out of a speech by Mike Pence.

They'd rather of the students be forced to listen - against their own volition - because "they're going to miss out on a great opportunity."

What is a great opportunity for a cat is the death of a mouse. It's all perception.

Hearing a speech by Mike "shock the gay out of them," is hardly an honor in my opinion.

I'd walk out too. And if that triggers a bunch of crybaby snowflakes, all the better.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

I wouldn't listen to a speech by Mike Pence and I wouldn't listen to a speech by Hillary Clinton.

Do you think the same people would be butthurt over this if it were college students walking out of an Obama/Hillary speech?

Of course not.

These people have no understanding in the basic fundamentals of human freedom and how that applies and is relevant to a democratic society built on the notion of freedom.

They're a bunch of triggered crybabies. Over what? A bunch of complete strangers, that have absolutely ZERO impact on your everyday life, walked out of a speech by Mike Pence.

They'd rather of the students be forced to listen - against their own volition - because "they're going to miss out on a great opportunity."

What is a great opportunity for a cat is the death of a mouse. It's all perception.

Hearing a speech by Mike "shock the gay out of them," is hardly an honor in my opinion.

I'd walk out too. And if that triggers a bunch of crybaby snowflakes, all the better.

Then just stay home.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join