It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Confederate General R.E.Lee Removed.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

The people didn't have their voices heard. This was a crusade for votes by a bald, fat, cuck of a mayor...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: The3murph

The fact that they are so named, still do not change my point of view of who they are and represented
intellectually retarded one.
edit on 20-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: introvert

Agreed. But this wasn't that. It was a mayor on a mission to further his political prospects.

Then I disagree with his actions.

People need to decide, not politicians trying to placate for political capital.

(post by The3murph removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

As I've said earlier. Where does it end?

How far and wide do you want this go go?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I and others say white southern hero.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yes you are exactly that and it's my Nation, don't like the USA git!
edit on 20-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So Andrew Jackson, George Washington, Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, "LIght Horse" Harry Lee, Francis Marion, and ALL the heroes of the First Revolution. THAT makes me laugh. We are going to have one HELL of a time renaming all the MLK Boulevards and taking down all of his statues when they FINALLY open his SEALED FBI file...

Turn about being fair play and all...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

As we agreed a museum is best for all.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Yes you are exactly that and it's my Nation, don't like the USA git!

My ancestors have been in EVERY war we have fought since the French and Indian. I think WE have done far more to make this OUR nation than yours have EVER done...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Don't like monuments to our Brave and Gallant Boys In Gray???

Don't look at them.

THIS will NOT happen ANYWHERE else.

The rest of us have State Laws against this Taliban like behavior.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As I wrote, my comparison was not a good one. In this case it doesn´t fit it and of course it´s a bit different in this special circumstance. You explained it better than the OP to me and I give you credit for that.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that erasing any facet of history is a pretty bad deal, who knows how many times it's already been done. I prefer the truth, in all things. That said, I don't really understand why these monuments are being auctioned off or privatized. There are civil war battlefields that are national parks, if these monuments are to be removed, why can they not be relocated to one of the parks?

And good luck to whoever thinks all traces of this can be erased. In Gettysburg alone, there are at least 1,320 monuments and markers, honoring those on both sides. Even Sallie the dog is included.

I've been to Gettysburg several times, and maybe it's just me, about the only thing I'm thinking while there, is the horrific tragedy of far too many lives lost. When standing on the battlefield, it's impossible not to feel it.
Erasing any part of that, is just not right. Forgetting it, is just not right.
But perhaps that is the point.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hardly anyone is using those men as rallying point for disunity or glorying their own racist beliefs, these statues are different.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiggersTheMan
I'm of the opinion that erasing any facet of history is a pretty bad deal, who knows how many times it's already been done. I prefer the truth, in all things. That said, I don't really understand why these monuments are being auctioned off or privatized. There are civil war battlefields that are national parks, if these monuments are to be removed, why can they not be relocated to one of the parks?

And good luck to whoever thinks all traces of this can be erased. In Gettysburg alone, there are at least 1,320 monuments and markers, honoring those on both sides. Even Sallie the dog is included.

I've been to Gettysburg several times, and maybe it's just me, about the only thing I'm thinking while there, is the horrific tragedy of far too many lives lost. When standing on the battlefield, it's impossible not to feel it.
Erasing any part of that, is just not right. Forgetting it, is just not right.
But perhaps that is the point.

WELL said Sir. VERY well said...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Hardly anyone is using those men as rallying point for disunity or glorying their own racist beliefs, these statues are different.

WHO ARE YOU to attempt to define them. It's not YOUR BLOOD...

Perhaps a refresher course in American history is in order for you. Please tell me WHY England made 13 separate treaties with her former Colonies at the close of the First Revolution...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Egypt had slaves and no one suggests dismantling the pyramids or other historical monuments. The West condemns ISIS for defacing/demolishing historical sites. But in the U.S. we pander to revisionism and political correctness.

Tearing down a statue doesn't erase the past, it only fuels resentment and allows history to be reshaped into propaganda.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

That's kool and why echo chambers is not good, ATS is down like that.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Egypt had slaves and no one suggests dismantling the pyramids or other historical monuments. The West condemns ISIS for defacing/demolishing historical sites. But in the U.S. we pander to revisionism and political correctness.

Tearing down a statue doesn't erase the past, it only fuels resentment and allows history to be reshaped into propaganda.

This right here!

Somewhere in New Orleans tonight a young man is asking his father about this and he is having to explain WHY he allowed a fat cuck of a Mayor to remove these works of art without a vote or any type of process other than him wanting to.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

TBH, as long as you are using terms like "fat cuck", you are diminishing your argument. Come on.
Half the people reading might agree in principle but the rhetoric is so insipid and juvenile - they don't want to associate with either the coarseness or the forum bro mentality.
edit on 5/20/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join