It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but i am any way.

You're talking about one of the most diligent note keepers/memo writers within the intelligence community. Comey was not some filing clerk, he wasn't a mail courier. He was a well respected Director of the FBI. His detailed memory recollection of an attempt by then-White House chief of staff Andy Card and then-White House counsel Alberto Gonzales to convince then-Attorney General John Ashcroft, sick in the hospital, to reauthorize the domestic spying program in 2004, wound up being validated. Source

Not too mention, writing memos is by the book. If you think it's important, write a memo. If you think it's important, make oral notes into a pocket recorder. These people aren't amateurs. The guys aren't beat cops. You're referring to the former head of the FBI like he's some throw away mention nobody. Politicians may not like him, but within the intelligence community the man was deeply respected and in some cases well liked and loved.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Pretty much, but this will be more about optics and how hard the media can push the story... The Russian confidential information story wasnt working that well for the media, so another was needed. I think these stories will be stacked up... There are more.

Certainly the intensity of the attack on the USA has intensified.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Since noone who has seen Comey's memo-pad is willing to identify themselves, the media cockroaches are coming out of the woodwork with new unproven "revelations". Here's the latest...

""President Donald Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to consider imprisoning journalists for reporting classified information, The New York Times reported, citing a memo the head G-Man wrote after speaking to Trump.

The conversation, the paper reported, occurred in February following the resignation of National Security Adviser Mike Flynn.""

Source: www.newsweek.com...

This won't happen, but I love imagining it! Won't stop the leaks, but it's often easier to identify/catch the drug dealer, than it is the drug manufacturer.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Anonymous sources from DC should raise suspicious about their credibility, as it's been a long goddamn time since they've proven to be right and true. Especially with all the fake news that's been going on lately. You would have to be extremely biased to say that anonymous sources should be trusted just because they might be "officials" even though, there's no way in hell we can know who these anonymous sources even are.

Again, it saddens me to see people on ATS accepting every thing the mainstream media says as a fact.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Again, it saddens me to see people on ATS accepting every thing the mainstream media says as a fact.

and that for a conspiracy website....

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Senator Burr statement:

Burr was not impressed by the sourcing. "I could write something and I could read it over the phone and tell them that it came from [Comey]," he told reporters. "I think the burden is on the New York Times, if they're reporting it and they've got somebody that's got the document, they need to get the document and get it released." Burr noted that he met with Comey the day before Trump fired him. "The director of the FBI shared more information with Sen. Warner and myself than any director has ever shared," he said. "I think something as material as that probably would have been something he would have shared, had it happened," he said.

edit on 17/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

He didnt have to order Comey for it to be improper. The mere suggestion of attempting to influence the investigation would be enough.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

He didnt have to order Comey for it to be improper. The mere suggestion of attempting to influence the investigation would be enough.

Incorrect.
For obstruction of justice to be claimed, the intent to corrupt the investigation has to be proven.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Dont be impatient.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Nothing Trump does makes any sense.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

But what the Democrats and the liberal media is doing is very well understood, is a war of fueling the masses into a frenzy because they have to Defeat Trump any way they can.

And at the end they still empty handed.

What a joke for the masses.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Incorrect.
For obstruction of justice to be claimed, the intent to corrupt the investigation has to be proven.

Impeachment though doesn't necessarily require criminality though. So even if his intent can't be proven legally, there's still enough to make an argument he is unfit. I don't expect partisan republicans to go along with it without some criminal charge though. But a criminal charge is not necessarily required.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The joke for the masses has been every day of this presidency.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Incorrect.

Impeachment though doesn't necessarily require criminality though. So even if his intent can't be proven legally, there's still enough to make an argument he is unfit. I don't expect partisan republicans to go along with it without some criminal charge though. But a criminal charge is not necessarily required.

Impeachment would require lawmakers to believe that Trump tried to obstruct justice in this case. If any such impeachment hearing was brought, there would need to be some clear evidence to convict. Much more than a memo will be required.

Nixon actually refused a subpoena for the full tapes. Clinton was proven to have lied under oath.

Your idea of 'enough' simply isn't enough. Think about the consequences of bringing an impeachment trial based on what someone wrote. Any President would then be dancing on egg shells in any meeting with his staff, worried that one of them would just make something up and put it in an official memo. Worse, a member of the cabinet could be bribed (or blackmailed) into writing memo's alleging anything they wanted. ALL the President's power would be effectively removed with an easy method for just a handful of people to get rid of him. Think things through before jumping on the propaganda train.
edit on 17/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

They are trying and at the end they will come as empty handed as they have been so far and I will watch when in 2018 they will become a party in oblivion.

They have done nothing to gain any respect from the voters so far.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

a reply to: marg6043

The joke for the masses has been every day of this presidency.

Ah, now you are coming across as an over emotional anti-Trumper. I'll cease discussion with you as you have nothing to add.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It's a great time to be a democrat, to sit back and watch all this karma. Drip, drip, drip, drip, President Trump, just like they did with Hillary. I almost feel sorry for the guy because it will never end now, like with Hillary.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The NY times on January 24,

FBI clears Michael Flynn in probe linking him to Russia

nypost.com...

Now is memos.

Soo, sensationalism at its finest.

The media attack on the president is just like a rabid dog fighting for a bone.

Have to give it to the liberal media they are inundating the Trump administration with bias news in order to force the president to resign.

That is the actual goal.

edit on 17-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
It's a great time to be a democrat, to sit back and watch all this karma. Drip, drip, drip, drip, President Trump, just like they did with Hillary. I almost feel sorry for the guy because it will never end now, like with Hillary.

It's not like Hillary. She always failed to become President and actually failed at everything she ever did. She has no talent or ability to do anything, and had to marry Bill to get along in life. Smearing a President is so very different from smearing a loser like Hillary Clinton.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
The NY times on January 24,

FBI clears Michael Flynn in probe linking him to Russia

nypost.com...

Now is memos.

Soo, sensationalism at its finest.

The media attack on the president is just like a rabid dog fighting for a bone.

Have to give it to the liberal media they are inundating the Trump administration with bias news in order to force the president to resign.

That is the actual goal.

That does add some context. Flynn was already cleared based on the "wire tapping" evidence, so 'hoping' that the FBI would drop the case against him overall is not unreasonable.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join