It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

Comey is free to release his own notes any time he likes. This wasn't classified info it was his personal account of a conversation he had with the president. Not a leak.
They're putting it right out there.

Thats not true at all. If the conversation was classified (which I believe it was) he is not allowed to release personal notes about it.

What if Comey is telling the truth? Would you want the information to be disregarded? Would you?

I don't think this info is that damning at all, as I have said.

Now lets assume the dossier about Trump having hookers pee on him and working with russians were true. Sure I would like for that to be shown.

The problem is leaks occur everyday that are irrelevant or disproven, and so if a bombshell is released, who the hell will believe it?

Now put the shoe on the other foot. What if all of these stories and leaks are merely designed for people to attack our president because they want to take out our rightfully elected president? Are you ok with that?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There's no such thing as a classified conversation. Classified topics yes.

Just talking to a president is not classified.

Trump apparently told the VP and the COS to leave the room was so he could privately talk to Comie. That's when he asked him to go easy on his Flynn.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

He didn't have Comeys notes on this conversation when he said that. He wasn't there for this conversation.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Comey is free to release his own notes any time he likes. This wasn't classified info it was his personal account of a conversation he had with the president. Not a leak.

Thats not true at all. If the conversation was classified (which I believe it was) he is not allowed to release personal notes about it.

What if Comey is telling the truth? Would you want the information to be disregarded? Would you?

Now lets assume the dossier about Trump having hookers pee on him and working with russians were true. Sure I would like for that to be shown.

The problem is leaks occur everyday that are irrelevant or disproven, and so if a bombshell is released, who the hell will believe it?

Now put the shoe on the other foot. What if all of these stories and leaks are merely designed for people to attack our president because they want to take out our rightfully elected president? Are you ok with that?

I would be horrified if that were the case. But there's a big nuke of smoke here. Smokey the Bear on high alert. Surely you agree we need a special prosecutor to sort through it, and let's see what's what.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

When was that? When Obama said she was innocent?
No no dem praised Comey. Are you kidding?
There seems to be a problem with your memory or maybe it's just your imagination.

I posted it already, you asked me when he said it, I responded. Now you act like you missed it. Ok here we go again.

WALLACE: Last October, you said that Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail server did not jeopardize national secrets.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OBAMA: I can tell that you this is not a situation in which America's national security was endangered.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

WALLACE: Since then, we’ve learned that over 2,000 of her e-mails contained classified material, 22 of the e-mails had top-secret information. Can you still say flatly that she did not jeopardize America’s secrets?

OBAMA: I’ve got to be careful because, as you know, there have been investigations, there are hearings, Congress is looking at this. And I haven’t been sorting through each and every aspect of this.

Here’s what I know: Hillary Clinton was an outstanding Secretary of State. She would never intentionally put America in any kind of jeopardy.

And what I also know, because I handle a lot of classified information, is that there are -- there’s classified, and then there’s classified. There’s stuff that is really top secret top secret, and there’s stuff that is being presented to the president or the secretary of state, that you might not want on the transom, or going out over the wire, but is basically stuff that you could get in open source.

(CROSSTALK)

WALLACE: But last October, you were prepared to say, "She hasn’t jeopardized."

OBAMA: Yes. Well --

WALLACE: And the question is, can you still say that?

OBAMA: I continue to believe that she has not jeopardized America’s national security. Now what I’ve also said is that -- and she has acknowledged -- that there’s a carelessness, in terms of managing e-mails, that she has owned, and she recognizes.

But I also think it is important to keep this in perspective. This is somebody who has served her country for four years as secretary of state, and did an outstanding job. And no one has suggested that in some ways, as a consequence of how she’s handled e-mails, that that detracted from her excellent ability to carry out her duties.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

WALLACE: Since then, we’ve learned that over 2,000 of her e-mails contained classified material, 22 of the e-mails had top-secret information. Can you still say flatly that she did not jeopardize America’s secrets?

That's ridiculous! NONE of them were classified at the time they were sent, and since then 12 of them were reclassified to classified.

Good grief.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Willtell
With all due respect, you folks are being naïve.

IF this all power intelligence agency or agencies who are upending Trump were so powerful than Hillary would be president.

THIS IS ALL A SCAM!

Nobodies this dumb but us!

Trump is just a punching bag for the elite who want to use him as a wedge to get cred back for their truely devilish puppets: the MSM and the neocons.

Their riding on Trump's hide back into respectability

We’re all being scammed, played like chess pieces, puppets, marionettes

Were all members of the marionette party

Great! Then you are on the side of us that want to regain control of our government, and you are against all of these illegal leaks and overblown unproven accusations.

That’s not going to get us anywhere.

The problem is the delusion that Trump is anything different than the usual puppet.

You people don’t understand...

NO ONE since Kennedy will be president unless approved by the deep state, PTB. the elite or whatever the hell you want to call it.

GET THAT THROUGH YOU THICK SKULL N BONES!

If you are right then Trump has been the best president we have had in aa long time by forcing the media and deep state to show their hand.

That is the reason I voted for Trump. I wanted him to expose the real people that control the government, and in a way he is doing that.

Yet here we see people so blinded by hatred of Trump that they are celbratibng the deep state overthrow of him. They cheer the very war mongers they claim to stand against.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Nixon instructed the CIA to discontinue the Watergate investigation. Do you think they should have?

No. Would you have cheered Nixon suggesting that the intelligence community leak info to the press about his opponents?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yes. It's was something we deserved to know. He works for US, remember?

After the tapes revealed that Nixon did in fact, ask the CIA to stop the investigation, he resigned.

He set a good example.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I would be horrified if that were the case. But there's a big nuke of smoke here. Smokey the Bear on high alert. Surely you agree we need a special prosecutor to sort through it, and let's see what's what.

I wouldn't mind a special prosecutor, but I don't see why its necessary. Do you feel the FBI is not capable of investigating this objectively? Why allow them to do Hillarys investigation and accept those results, but not this.

I would like an independent body to look into to all of this, Hillary, Trump the leaks, all of it.

In fact, I would like independents to look into our arming of Syrian rebels, of gun running in Libya, and many other things.

The problem is who is independent and outside the reach of any of these groups.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This what happens when a Reality tv star becomes the POTUS, reality tv style drama every day to fool people, and both sides are distracted.

MSM and Trump are in bed together and fooling people as well - Trump is still the Executive Producer on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ on the same MSM. If he and his supporters are still dismissing everything on fake news on MSM, then why is his show still on the same evil MSM ?

edit on 16-5-2017 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Yes. It's was something we deserved to know. He works for US, remember?

After the tapes revealed that Nixon did in fact, ask the CIA to stop the investigation, he resigned.

He set a good example.

Wait you would want Nixon to allow the intelligence community to leak info aabout his opponents?

Surely you misread that.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

wouldn't mind a special prosecutor, but I don't see why its necessary. Do you feel the FBI is not capable of investigating this objectively?

I think it's necessary. There is so much distrust, it's the only way to have both sides accept the results Quite frankly, I don't trust any of them right now. I don't know who might be susceptible to manipulation, and who won't. We need someone with no horse in the race.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Why do you keep saying I am not concerned about the truth, when I say in almost every post to you that I am waiting for more info and if he ios guilty lock him up. You again say the leaks may be justified. No they are not, no matter what the outcome.

If the leaks bring to light corruption and wrongdoing, they are justified.

Manning wasn't multiple members of high ranking intelligence officials day after day after day, almost instantaneously releasing any info that makes trump look bad to their allies in the media.

Notice a pattern?

But I guess we should just have people leak all of every politicians information, just in case they did something wrong., Can't wait to get those Holder Obama, and Lynch Obama memos.

And there is the partisan nonsense.

Ever consider there aren't any leaks with Holder, Obama and Lynch because there is no wrongdoing?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Does no one else find it odd that this is the second day in a row that an anonymous official leaks out a report at 5:00, just in time to cover the news at 6:00 and dominate that cycle?

They're trying to do a better job this time around than they did during the campaign. We hit Kim Jong and all this soap-opera mess ends instantly. (Are you listening Mr. President?)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

wouldn't mind a special prosecutor, but I don't see why its necessary. Do you feel the FBI is not capable of investigating this objectively?

I think it's necessary. There is so much distrust, it's the only way to have both sides accept the results Quite frankly, I don't trust any of them right now. I don't know who might be susceptible to manipulation, and who won't. We need someone with no horse in the race.

I agree, but who is that person? No one will be happy with the outcome no matter who delivers it.

Thats why I like this board where we can discuss the issues ourselves and try to make sense of it.

But I wouldn't even know where to begin to find someone who was not influence by the establishment or by being anti establishment.

What a mess our country is!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ketsuko
Does no one else find it odd that this is the second day in a row that an anonymous official leaks out a report at 5:00, just in time to cover the news at 6:00 and dominate that cycle?

They're trying to do a better job this time around than they did during the campaign. We hit Kim Jong and all this soap-opera mess ends instantly. (Are you listening Mr. President?)

People who can't conceive of diplomacy and negotiations always seem to turn to violence and killing for solutions.
Sad.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yep. We're in a pickle. I'm bowing out now, gotta run, but I want you to know I appreciate how polite and on-topic you have been.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind a special prosecutor, but I don't see why its necessary. Do you feel the FBI is not capable of investigating this objectively? Why allow them to do Hillarys investigation and accept those results, but not this.

Democrats want to punish American citizens, by having so many investigations that there will be no Tax Cuts, No Infrastructure Improvements, and no helping the thousands who will have no health insurance options in 8 months.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

And there is the partisan nonsense.

Ever consider there aren't any leaks with Holder, Obama and Lynch because there is no wrongdoing?

No this is you showing your partisanship. You say over and over again that you are waiting for evidence to make a judgement.

So what if it turns out that Trump is innocent, which is looking very likely on the Russian collusion front as everyone involved says there is yet to be any evidence of wrong doing by Trump.

If we allow the leaks and then get a judgement, lets get the leaks from all administrations so that we can make a judgement.

Yet you somehow assume there was no wrong doing by any other administration. Right. That tarmac meeting was no big deal.

Oh and your notice a pattern comment belies your claim that you are waiting to make a judgement. You assume the volume of leaks proves there is some guilt. But you can keep pretending you haven't made up your mind if you want.

edit on 16-5-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join