It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ketsuko
Does no one else find it odd that this is the second day in a row that an anonymous official leaks out a report at 5:00, just in time to cover the news at 6:00 and dominate that cycle?

They're trying to do a better job this time around than they did during the campaign. We hit Kim Jong and all this soap-opera mess ends instantly. (Are you listening Mr. President?)

People who can't conceive of diplomacy and negotiations always seem to turn to violence and killing for solutions.
Sad.

Kim Jong is a problem who will have to be dealt with eventually. Might as well do it now.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight...

According to his own testimony before Congress, Comey didn't want to conceal evidence in the illegal server case involving Bill Clinton's wife so he gave a press conference to disclose all, but then he decided to conceal "evidence" of obstruction of justice by the President of the United States for months until after he was fired?

This is a turd sandwich, folks!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
So, let me get this straight...

According to his own testimony before Congress, Comey didn't want to conceal evidence in the illegal server case involving Bill Clinton's wife so he gave a press conference to disclose all, but then he decided to conceal "evidence" of obstruction of justice by the President of the United States for months until after he was fired?

This is a turd sandwich, folks!

Especially considering in the past he had publicly stated when he felt he was being pressured to do something and threatened to resign.

But he felt no need to mention this until months later when he was fired.

And I believe Trump probably did say something close to what this story reports. Its just Comey took it for what it was, a request that he said thanks but no thanks to. If he felt that he was being pressured, he would have said something, as he is legally supposed to do.

And lets not also forget that the investigation occurred and is ongoing, and director McCabe said there was no influence from the white house.

Just like when Obama said he thought Hillary and the IRS were innocent, and the FBI had the investigation anyways.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No this is you showing your partisanship. You say over and over again that you are waiting for evidence to make a judgement.

True. I make no judgement until proper evidence is provided.

So what if it turns out that Trump is innocent, which is looking very likely on the Russian collusion front as everyone involved says there is yet to be any evidence of wrong doing by Trump.

If he is innocent, he is innocent. You are making a judgment on the likeliness of his innocence. Illogical.

If we allow the leaks and then get a judgement, lets get the leaks from all administrations so that we can make a judgement.

What do other admins have to do with Trump? That makes no sense.

Yet you somehow assume there was no wrong doing by any other administration. Right. That tarmac meeting was no big deal.

I said the tarmac meeting was wrong and improper. Again, what does that have to do with Trump?

Oh and your notice a pattern comment belies your claim that you are waiting to make a judgement. You assume the volume of leaks proves there is some guilt. But you can keep pretending you haven't made up your mind if you want.

I've said nothing of the volume of leaks, have not said anyone is guilty and have not associated the volume of leaks to the degree of guilt.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
As Comey's boss, Trump telling his employee to get off his azz and do some work he's getting paid for and complete a task or two is not the same as telling Comey to end an investigation.

The synonyms are getting abused here. Go to a dictionary and look up what a synonym is if you don't know for sure.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If the tarmac meeting was improper, then you should be asking for the leaks of what was discussed in that meeting.

Your claim was maybe their weren't leaks because they was no wrong doing, yet you then admit wrong doing.

This is important because your stance is if the leaks are true, they should be leaked. Well that sets the precedent then, you feel that any wrong doing should have the facts of it leaked. yet I don't see you calling for that details of that meeting being leaked.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I stand by that I don't think that if Trump said this it was a big deal.

However, if the administration is now lying about this, that is bad. They have claimed that the story is not true.

And rep Chafetz has officially requested the memo, and has said that if it is as reported that it is a bad look for Trump.

"If the memo exists, I need to see it and I need to see it right away. We are drafting the necessary paperwork to get the mom so we will find out in a hurry if its out there."

"I want to read the memo first but on the surface that seems like an extraordinary use of influence to try to shutdown an investigation being done by the FBI. I don't know if it's true yet but I want to find out if that's actually out there."

www.zerohedge.com...

His letter is requesting the info by May 24.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: jtma508

Let me guess. An anonymous source?

Anonymous sources are very important to a free society and a free press. What do you think Trump would do to someone who didn't remain anonymous? What would have happened if Deep Throat wasn't able to remain anonymous? Would he have still informed the media about Watergate?

As for the memo, it seems as if members of congress are going to request it to look at themselves. I'm certain it exists, this is not in question.
edit on 16pmTue, 16 May 2017 21:02:04 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 16pmTue, 16 May 2017 21:04:57 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: jtma508

Let me guess. An anonymous source?

Anonymous sources are very important to a free society and a free press. What do you think Trump would do to someone who didn't remain anonymous? What would have happened if Deep Throat wasn't able to remain anonymous? Would he have still informed the media about Watergate?

As for the memo, it seems as if members of congress are going to request it to look at themselves. I'm certain it exists, this is not in question.

Sure, whatever is written on that memo must be the truth. I mean, its not like a guy who held on to the info for months and then released it immediately following his firing would have any reason to lie.

As far as anonymous sources, I assume then you believe the anonymous FBI agent that said Seth Rich was the leaker, not Russia.

That seems like a far bigger deal, and so I assume you are furious with the main stream media and the intelligence sources lying about the Russia hack and covering it up.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

At the same time, there is a clear procedure for whistleblowers. They go to members of Congress and for just the very reasons we have been endlessly discussing. Splashing rumor through the press creates the kind of chaos we are seeing. When the whistleblowers go through Congress, especially with raw intel, then proper channels can be followed.

Do you really think a Congressional Democrat would want to cover any of this up if there was really actionable evidence there?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Anonymous sources are very important to a free society and a free press. What do you think Trump would do to someone who didn't remain anonymous?

In their minds anonymous == fake information.

I've been barking up this tree for days. Anonymous sources from DC should not be written off. Especially on the same day that POTUS himself validates an anonymous source as having accurate information.

The White House is spiraling downward at an uncanny rate. Give it a little bit of time and the news that came out today about Comey's memos will all be validated. Despite anyone's personal feelings Comey was a well respected Director. The FBI loved him and he took his job seriously. If Comey says he wrote memos, he wrote memos. They will soon be in the hands of legislators and the wrongful party will be brought to bare.

The FBI don't work for the President. They work for the Department of justice and answer to the Director of National Intelligence. They will have the final say about this mess in due course.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

In their minds anonymous == fake information

Anonymous = unreliable information.

Since you are very much in favor of these anon sources are you in favor of all? Perhaps some?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Whistleblowers and leakers do so because they believe leaders are not doing their job or breaking the law.

I understand the logic behind writing them off, but leaks in DC have been a part of the game for years. A lot of anonymous sources within the government have totally legitimate information. Why should this be any different?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I don't believe all anonymous sources, especially when they contradict the factual reality of a situation, however, I certainly think anonymous sources, even the guy you mentioned, are important.

I even take what the guy said into consideration, along with many other factors, to determine what happened with Russia's interference in the U.S. elections.

From the limited research I've done on Trump, his administration already has a track record of lying to cover things up. For example, Trump himself said that he was thinking of the Russian investigation when he fired Comey, but this is contradictory to what his administration had been saying to try and cover for him.

Comey has a track record of taking meticulous notes and it is completely within his character to have written a memo like this about Trump. In addition, FBI agents notes are taken very seriously by the court system and congress. When the memo appears before congress, which it should, it will be taken seriously.

In addition, it was one of Comey's associates that read part of the memo to the press, not Comey himself.

It is definitely normal for this sort of thing to come out after Comey was fired. It is part of the backlash Trump gets for firing an FBI director who was in charge of investigating him and his staff and their ties to Russia.
edit on 16pmTue, 16 May 2017 21:16:04 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

NONE of them were classified at the time they were sent...

Former Director Comey begs to differ:

Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification.

fbi.gov

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
But....
There's a memo....
The anonymous source said so....
Because Comey wrote a lot of memos.

Unfortunately, the memo was on Hillary's computer and it was deleted.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

In their minds anonymous == fake information

Anonymous = unreliable information.

Since you are very much in favor of these anon sources are you in favor of all? Perhaps some?

Of course he isn't.

Heres two stories based on anonymous stories from today.

1. Anon Fbi source says memo from Comey shows trump said he hoped Comey would drop the investigation into Flynn.

2. Anon Fbi source says seth Rich was the leaker to wikileaks, thereby destroying the entire Russia hack narrative, and leading to questions about Richs murder.

Now any remotely objective person would say that #2 is a far bigger story.

And yet we see almost not one person here critical of Trump and suggesting this anonymous sourced story should be trusted and is a huge story thinking the Rich story is credible.

I wonder why the anti trump anon sources are credible to the democrats, the media, and many on ATS here, whereas the anon sources from the very same agency on the Rich story is to be ignored despite that story being far more serious?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

On both cases i elect to sit back and wait. If they are verifiable then it won't take much time to do so. Same goes for them being debunkable.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

By now it should be clear that WaPo has at least one anonymous source who has produced accurate information.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

This:

The White House is spiraling downward at an uncanny rate. Give it a little bit of time and the news that came out today about Comey's memos will all be validated.

Negates:

On both cases i elect to sit back and wait. If they are verifiable then it won't take much time to do so. Same goes for them being debunkable.

I understand you want the news against Trump to be more damning than the information regarding Seth Rich. Fine, just admit it.

I admit that I far more want the RIch case to be blown open. Big difference is the sources in one are unnamed and very named in another.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join