It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever experienced God?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I firmly believe that God 'measures' your intent and your sincere efforts as more important than the actual success...

He knows how difficult everything is down here, and all He asks is that we have Faith and do our best -

- your Faith and your genuine desire to be 'free' of addiction are the things that matter to God, and if 'time runs out' before you succeed -

- He will embrace you into His Love, because you were willing to make the effort..

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

I firmly believe that God 'measures' your intent and your sincere efforts as more important than the actual success...

He knows how difficult everything is down here, and all He asks is that we have Faith and do our best -

- your Faith and your genuine desire to be 'free' of addiction are the things that matter to God, and if 'time runs out' before you succeed -

- He will embrace you into His Love, because you were willing to make the effort..

That makes my heart warm.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

"He will embrace you into His Love, because you were willing to make the effort."

What about the countless millions of Men, Woman and children that perish down to malnutrition, lack of clean water sources, or natural disasters, are we to believe that God does not embrace them because they are unwilling to make an effort?

If God was aware of how difficult everything was down here one would imagine he would do something about it given that apparently we are his creation, or children, for who he has nothing but infinite love and compassion towards.

Oh wait, hang on through, break one of his apparent commandments or question his actions, or lack of as the case may be, and he/she/it will consign you essence/soul to eternity in a pit of fire! What about all that love and patience, where did that go?

If God does love us, he's killing us softly with the stuff.
edit on 18-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Do you know what makes my heart warm?

Human compassion and our ability to empathize with others.

Art, science, history and our capacity to laugh at ourselves.

Then there is the other side of the coin, we have such capacity for evil and are capable of unleashing such malevolence and horror that one has to wonder how we are still around to do so?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Could it not possibly be that its's your own perception that assigns such anthropomorphized notions to whatever you perceive as God?

Not much difference between smelling burnt offerings and sexual congress.
Plenty of instances in the Old Testament where god was happy smelling burnt offerings - thats why I don't have any faith in the demiurge

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That's the problem through with books written by Man that profess to contain the word of God.

Such books are chock a block full of contradiction and controversial notions and/or ideologies which conflict with one another, such is the nature of organised religious practice.

Truth be told one has to question whether or not the God of the Old Testament is even the same entity as the one described in the New Testament? Given the distinct lack of similarity in both temperament and command. One not exactly being synonymous with the other comparatively speaking.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That's the problem through with books written by Man that profess to contain the word of God.

Such books are chock a block full of contradiction and controversial notions and/or ideologies which conflict with one another, such is the nature of organised religious practice.

Truth be told one has to question whether or not the God of the Old Testament is even the same entity as the one described in the New Testament? Given the distinct lack of similarity in both temperament and command. One not exactly being synonymous with the other comparatively speaking.

Every time I see someone say something like this, I have to remind myself that they've never actually sat and read the whole thing.

I really feel sorry for people who are so judgmental about something they are so very ignorant about. It looks stupid, frankly.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I attended Sunday school and was raised a Protestant.

Might not have read the whole thing from cover to cover, but i get the gist and premise of the texts.

If you are looking for stupidity, ignorance, religious intolerance and down and out sheer fabrication look no further than both books in question.

Just a thought, but before you start to question others intelligence/ignorance simply because they question the manner of your belief system it might be an idea to question your own intellect or at least the reasons as to why you are willing to place your faith in such a Man made product of deception and control.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I attended Sunday school and was raised a Protestant.

Might not have read the whole thing from cover to cover, but i get the gist and premise of the texts.

If you are looking for stupidity, ignorance, religious intolerance and down and out sheer fabrication look no further than both books in question.

Just a thought, but before you start to question others intelligence/ignorance simply because they question the manner of your belief system it might be an idea to question your own intellect or at least the reasons as to why you are willing to place your faith in such a Man made product of deception and control.

Read the whole thing instead of listening to your boring Sunday school gossip. Then get back to me.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Every time I see someone say something like this, I have to remind myself that they've never actually sat and read the whole thing.

I really feel sorry for people who are so judgmental about something they are so very ignorant about. It looks stupid, frankly.

I confess... I was one of them three years ago. I was in the New age movement. I bible bashed, and told Christians off. A lot can change when you finally SEE that the devil is real.

My problem though is that I encountered the Devil more times than I have encountered God. The Devil likes to speak alot, the Holy Spirit does not and only speaks when it matters. It let's you know that you are doing something wrong.

Problem is, figuring out what you do wrong. And this is where the ten commandments and life reflection comes in. It is the key to healing your shadow side.

However, treating the bible as a religion is still something I am against. I am still very much anti-religion. That being said, I do intend on exposing Fake Christianity. It is the only way to bring Babylon to it's knees in hopes that we all return to primitive Christianity. The way Jesus intended it.

Source of Book : Millenial Harbinger

There is alot we do and do not know. The bible is a guideline.

Real Christianity is not being taught today, because Lilith needs the souls as dark as possible for her harvest. (The hour of temptation... the harvest.) Lilith has infiltrated every single church and religion around the world. She is the god of this world. This is the truth.

King James Bible Corinthians 4:4
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

Most of the people who favor the illuminati are aware of this truth. They have their hearts and mind sets to destroy Christianity and it's essence. Pay attention to those who try to dismiss God, while observing what they worship. You will notice all the Kali/Lilith/Gaia/Eye Avatars. They show what they have in their hearts.

Remember this quote for discernment:

King James Bible Mathew 6:21
"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

if your heart favors the truth. The truth will come naturally to you. But if your heart favors deception, that is all that you will get back.

It is similar to the law of attraction. (I will also note that the real law of attraction is Natural Law. Aka the ten commandments. You reap what you sow.)

So will those who have tried to stand in the way of the elect will reap what they sow.
Every action, thought and word spoken has their consequences. And once we start grieving the Holy Spirit, our life can down spiral out of control.

3. Fits of rage and uncontrolled anger make the Holy Spirit sad and sorrowful.

“Rage” speaks of the person who is easily angered and who raises his voice—shouting and screaming. “Slander” is speaking evil of others behind their backs. “Malicious behavior” speaks of ill will and plotting evil against someone.

Look, all of us have been hurt in life, but we have a choice as to how we react. We can be like the moneylender Shylock in Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice, demanding our “pound of flesh.” We can say, “They did this to me; therefore I will have my vengeance!”

Or we can believe God when He says “Vengeance is mine, I will repay.”

It is said that Augustine had a sign on his wall that read, “He who speaks evil of an absent man or woman is not welcome at this table.”

Try the acronym T.H.I.N.K. the next time you are not sure whether or not you should say something.

T – Is it Truthful?
H – Is it Helpful?
I – Is it Inspiring?
N – Is it Necessary?
K – Is it Kind?
Instead of speaking evil of someone, we are to “be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another.”

“But they don’t deserve that!”

True, but neither do you or I—yet God still forgave us.

Paul concludes Ephesians 4:32 by saying, “…just as God through Christ has forgiven you.”
Source 3 sins against the Holy Spirit

Forgiven people should be forgiving people. Otherwise, we are grieving the Spirit.
You Reap What you Sow. Cause & Effect HUMAN ENERGY and the POWER of the MIND. The Boomerang Effect- Natural law That is why forgiveness is the mightiest weapon of them all. It has the power to save souls. Forgiveness is love. Yet this world lacks forgiveness doesn't it?

Makes me wonder why Twitter made a post I made on forgiveness as unreadable. It seems the word "Forgiveness" is a bad word for the powers that be. I wonder why...

But people will choose to believe what they want anyways.

edit on th2017000000Thursdayth000000Thu, 18 May 2017 08:11:11 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 18 May 2017 08:11:11 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

That is your path in this life , and that is to be compassionate to others ,and your lesson is to deal with the loneliness you feel , but realise that you bring joy and happiness to others and realise that you are not alone but together and the same as the one.

your job whether you want it or not is to be a healer and often healers tend to live on the edges of society like a lone wolf
I reckon if you went and spoke to a real shaman they would tell you the same thing
and with a little training you could become a shamanic healer very easily

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You seem like a really good person. You have helped many through hard times as you have been through the hardest of times yourself.

I am not very good at expressing my thoughts into words so please excuse the lack of brevity and I hope I can get my thoughts across to you.

You are what I would call a Warrior. You have been strengthened through troubled times to save others who may have given up hope on living. A mission you did not choose but you must have been created for this purpose. A great honor. You were the only one in their lives that could help them during their crisis. You have spoken words to them that made an impact on their lives that was personal and revealing. You may never know how much you have meant to others who just about gave up.

Your prayers were heard and you are loved but you were made strong by your sorrow and trouble. I know you are special because many become hardened and hateful through trouble times but you chose to love and help others. A testament that God works through you to save others.

Your time will soon come in this short life we have on earth to experience the love and comfort you have provided others ten fold. Do not be alarmed when things start working out for you and don't fear that something will ruin it. I do not know you but I am glad to have read your words.

Take care my Friend and look forward to the things that are coming.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

thats the thing though god should not be vengeful or even have wrath or cause harm to others
god should be compassionate throughout and accept darkness and hate as much as they should accept good and compassionate people.

Thats why I dont believe in god in the bible or any other religious text
for a god to chastise us for commiting sins , judging others and , being vengeful , then to sin himself

NAH!

god with the beard doesnt exist no such thing, god as the one , source of all life of consciousness and awareness
exists and is formless , timeless , and infinite

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

thats the thing though god should not be vengeful or even have wrath or cause harm to others
god should be compassionate throughout and accept darkness and hate as much as they should accept good and compassionate people.

Thats why I dont believe in god in the bible or any other religious text
for a god to chastise us for commiting sins , judging others and , being vengeful , then to sin himself

NAH!

god with the beard doesnt exist no such thing, god as the one , source of all life of consciousness and awareness
exists and is formless , timeless , and infinite

Who said God will do anything? God does not do what he hates. God will however, allow the consequences of people's choices. In other words, God will simply respect the choices of people, and will allow lilith to take away what belongs to her.

The point is, if you choose the way of Lilith you choose Lilith. lilith's way is the way you live. The 7 deadly sins.
If you choose God, then you have to be and ACT like God. How to do that? Get rid of the 7 deadlies and keep the commandments as the apple of thine EYE.

God's kingdom will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus comes to divide for a reason. Dividing the truth away from wickedness.

In the end it is about choosing paths.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Nearly 20 years ago I had an experience that changed my life and put me on a path to where I am now. I haven't really spoken about it to anyone but it still guides me to this day. I probably wouldn't be posting this or even have looked at a topic like this if that experience never happened and I'm sure others here could say the same.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If you look at the Old Testament alone, there are 2 distinct personality types of God...the Lord and Jehovah

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'm re-reading the The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books right now, can we not just discuss those?

Considering they contain the same amount of credible information pertaining to the actual word of God as the Bible does.

My Sunday school days were about 38 years ago, that being said its not me that should get back to you, that's Gods department i imagine, and the entity in question does not seem to have much to say, at all really, ever, at any point in recorded history.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I'm re-reading the The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books right now, can we not just discuss those?

Considering they contain the same amount of credible information pertaining to the actual word of God as the Bible does.

My Sunday school days were about 38 years ago, that being said its not me that should get back to you, that's Gods department i imagine, and the entity in question does not seem to have much to say, at all really, ever, at any point in recorded history.

After the hell I am going through right now, and after Jesus has once again taken my pain upon himself, let me warn you: you don't know, my love. You really don't know. I beg you to reconsider.

SoulSurfer is telling the God's honest truth. Please listen.

After the hell I just went through, I cannot help but completely agree with SoulSurfer.

There is a next level to pain, and Jesus just somehow saved me.

What scares me so much is that I haven't been through the worst.

I'm begging you, please, reconsider. I have proof of my life right now that God is so very real.

I never knew that torture could feel this bad; and I've had a rough life!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I never said i don't believe in God, or at least entertain the notion that there is some form guiding force in our universe.

Just not any Abrahamic interpretation where God requires and demands our attendance and always seems to want our monies despite the implied omnipotence.

There there is the predestination conundrum to consider. Why have a plan and then bestow freewill? Cant have both as there are in diametric opposition to one another.

Life is torture for the majority of us, momentarily interrupted by small periods of happiness, and the world spins.

That being said i'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain, hope you get better soon.
edit on 19-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

yeh still not buying it , its not gods way or liliths way , its my own as a conscious human being

and i know the difference between right and wrong and being compassionate towards others and not judging them and just being aware is the path I have chosen , not because of god or anything
but because I know its the right way I didnt need a book to tell me that , its blatantly obvious that you find love and happiness if you stick to that path where as you go to the dark side and you hurt yourself and others.

I think based on my own experiences there is some force guiding the universe but I dont believe its a bearded guy in the sky all mystical and high falutin
who gets angry when we dont pray to him and smites us when we are especially bad or even lets a devil take us to hell.
I think its formless and form, infinite and fractal like that is everything and nothing everywhere and nowhere
definitely not some bearded bloke and in no way they describe it in the bible.

Do you ever get worried or even think that maybe you are being tricked to believe in these religions , when the real test is to follow your own heart and think for yourself and not rely on some religion to carry you through difficult times , but instead turn to your family and friends for strength and also find it within yourself because we are all the one!

what if religion is a trick by "god" and if you follow it then you fail ?

doesnt that worry you ? oh right , yeh it wont because no matter what so long as you accept jesus you are good right ?
the deal is you can commit as many sins as you like for a lifetime then just accept jesus on the death bed and boom just like that forgiven
this soul contract is BS , i didnt sign up to that #

edit on 19-5-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join