It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever experienced God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have experienced God. I felt her omnipotent power. When you feel her, you feel her omnipotent love. When you feel God, you truly feel how infinite the universe is. It takes all my fears away. God is a female to me.

Did it make you change your view on the universe? It showed me how infinite the universe is. It's a little scary since you feel you are saved from hell only by the grace of God's intelligence and power.

Have any of you experienced God?
edit on 13-5-2017 by LilithImmaculate2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LilithImmaculate2

Yes, undoubtably. Saved my life, twice. I have no doubts. As to gender, no idea.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

Yes, undoubtably. Saved my life, twice. I have no doubts. As to gender, no idea.
Cool, did you feel God's omnipotence?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes, I did. It's something wonderful, almost magical, to stand before this entity.

However he told me something that even today I refuse to believe.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Once I take a hallucinogenic and the next thing that I knew I had left my body I could feel good I had left my body I was well I'm not sure what I was but what I do know is that I was flying through waves of colors and sound. Next to me in my right and to my left and there were two other beings also made up of light and sound at we're flying around with me . I had a great time doing this for her I'm not sure how long. Eventually I realized I was flying towards a part of the space that I was in that was different than the rest. so I flew towards it before I entered this area the two beings that were flying along with me left my side once I flew into what looked like a tear in in space I found myself inside of a large roo so I flew towards it before I entered this area the two beings that were flying along with me left my side once I flew into what looked like a tear in in space I found myself inside of a large empty room. Empty except for what is still the most fascinating and beautiful thing I have probably ever seen. It was like a giant butterfly with the face of a man. This giant butterfly was more Real than anything I have ever experienced. And it made me feel extremely happy to be there in that room with this thing. And something told me that if I was to fly into the butterfly that I would reach a new more beautiful place. So I flew towards it and as I got closer I realized that the face that this thing had was my face and in that moment of realization I woke up from my hallucinations. I'm not saying that that was God I'm saying I think that it is experiences like this that make people believe in things that they call God .

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

However he told me something that even today I refuse to believe.

Arghhhh... Made me curious... If you say A, you to say B... Cmon share your story.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Please forgive my grammar and punctuation I'm using my phone voice to text and I don't know how to go back and edit a post when on ATS from my phone. I am in the middle of the woods like a few miles away from anybody

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Haha! I bet I know what you took.. no experience with it personally but I've heard the stories..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I experienced an entity that claimed to be God. It was at a point in my life when I was looking for answers and probably delving into some things that are better left alone.

One thing I can say is that it removed any doubt from my mind about there being powers beyond what we normally perceive. Much like Carl Jung when asked "Do you believe in God," my reply is "No, I don't believe there's a God. I KNOW there is."
edit on 13-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

He told me that I am God's son in spirit.

Which I am still refusing to believe today.

edit on 13-5-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
I experienced an entity that claimed to be God. It was at a point in my life when I was looking for answers and probably delving into some things that are better left alone.

Do you feel comfortable enough to tell me what you were delving into? (genuinely intrested)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

One thing I can say is that it removed any doubt from my mind about there being powers beyond what we normally perceive. Much like Carl Jung when asked "Do you believe in God," my reply is "No, I don't believe there's a God. I KNOW there is."

I find your first paragraph interesting. Subtly references how something can make an impression depending upon the circumstance. And how impressions can be so easily altered..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

At least once in my life, back in 88 or 89 I was with a friend and his two cousin's, felt like the outsider though as they were family and I was not, we had gone to Snowdonia national park were Jude had hired a converted sheep shed for us to stay in conveniently just up a farm track from the road and opposite the local pub which as you know is a pre-requisite for young men though non of us drank more than a pint or two.

On the day we got there it was sunny but weather in Snowdonia is very changable and that night it blew up a real rain storm with high wind's and lashing rain, by the morning the field outside which had been jam packed with other's on a weekend trip but whom had stayed in tent's was completely abandoned with only two washed out collapsed tent's to show for the previous day's bustling camper's.

We were there for three day's, the weather was too bad to go up the next day and so we just wandered around as young exploring, the only youngish lady whom was the attention of all the lady starved guy's in the pub was rather plain and also far older than us so chasing after the local lady's was not a question, not that I personally would as I was never an extrovert.

By the middle day the other's said what the hell we'll go up tomorrow.

That night I had a terrible presentment come over me, a feeling of my own death coming and so I prayed, not so much for myself but for my family, friend's and even my enemy's when a sudden feeling of something indescribably huge came over me as I lay there, a voice but not sound I Can not describe it but it was definitely MALE and it said simply these words.

"Do not be afraid my son this is neither the time nor the place"

I cringed like when somebody answers you and you feel self conscious, aware of all your own flaw's and afraid of how you must be viewed for your failure's as a person and I was only a young kid compared to what I am like today so how much worse would I feel now.

But I found a sense of peace and safety come over me and myself relaxing and going into a peaceful deep sleep.

The following morning we walked to the base of the cog railway, the train was not running in that weather, still constant rain and a fair but not bad wind, so we walked up the railway until Jude whom had been that way before said follow me and we headed off to the left of the uphill track along a narrow scree covered path coming eventually to a narrow ledge, about two foot at most wide that dropped off into mist down a very steep side overlooked by a short cliff rock face about twelve feet high.

Jude who could climb anything scrambled up like it was nothing and I was next, the rain was in my eye's blinding me and I could not see, I had to let go of one point of contact to reach for a seeming hand hold and it came away as it turned out to be a we moss covered bit of debris, I fell backward my heel's landing backward on the narrow ledge and my body leaning out into the mist filled void but Jude's two cousin's Andy and John simultaneously and lightning like each got hold of one of my wrists saving me from what I believe was a certain death.

I had not been able to make out an image on the wall and neither had the other's, it was dark and moody but hard to make out but as I walked back into the shed I could see it clearly, the image was a shepherd with a hood up, a staff in one hand, a sheep over his shoulder and another peering out of his long dark robe as the rain fell around him obscuring him from view.

The only way I can describe it is as if a being is all around you, inside you and yet above you, it speak's to you and know's you better than you know yourself and indeed it know's everything.

I have had many experiences in my life including paranormal but this was nothing like any of them, I really do believe it was the Lord.

I am convinced I am a serious disappointment though.

But then God does not make mistake's and he most cerainly does know what he is doing, or non of us would be here right now would we.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yes, on various levels.The first experience that comes to mind, is something like an incredible explosion happening within, that seemed to expand out, and then retract in all directions.I felt a extreme sense of love and unity, like never before.Afterwards, I have been left with a feeling someone is always there with me, no matter what.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I was told the same.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Why do you refuse it so strongly?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Because I am not a Christian. I want nothing to do with religious lines of thoughts.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well, the occult has always intrigued me. At the time I had the experience I was involved with a group that was delving into some pretty questionable, in my mind, practices. I left the group after I had the experience if that tells you anything. Let's just put it this way, they were mixing incantations from the Necronomicon with Wicca. I know there's much debate about the authenticity of the Necronomicon, but regardless, it's a weird book and bad news if you ask me.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Do you mean you're literally the son of god? Like the one true son of God?? Interesting.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mericks74

As I said, I don't believe it. I think God's got it wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join