It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever experienced God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
Yes, on various levels.The first experience that comes to mind, is something like an incredible explosion happening within, that seemed to expand out, and then retract in all directions.I felt a extreme sense of love and unity, like never before.Afterwards, I have been left with a feeling someone is always there with me, no matter what.

I also find this interesting.. The "something is with me" part..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Good viewpoint. I agree..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Glad to be of service to you.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Wow. That's quite some story. I can definitely see what would make you see the "hand of God" in that..

Geez..
edit on 13-5-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LilithImmaculate2

I imagine any deity that is omnipotent and/or omnipresent would be rather above the concept of sexuality.

Our view on the universe to date is rather limited considering we can only really interpret around 5%, the rest is composed of dark energy and matter that we simply do not have the tools to measure or understand.

If there is a God/Gods they have yet to make there presence known to humanity in any meaningful way. And if such an entity did have a hand in our creation with a distinct function for our race and our place in the universe in mind one would imagine it would have the common decency to turn up, show us the error of our ways regarding us killing in Gods name throughout recorded history and point us in the right direction as to the required paradigm shift humanity needs to belay destroying ourselves in the not to distant future.

Gods an absentee parent at best, and a genocidal maniac with an inferiority complex at worst, at least the ones portrayed in all of our religions texts seem to fit that bill.
edit on 13-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
god stands apart from me, if he is even there at all.

never once shown himself, despite the pits of despair where I begged for help. Not once. In fact, the only time in my life I felt anything even close to a worthy path, it was ripped from me.

so, if one of you could kindly remind him that I am here, that'd be nice. Because I've given up ever expecting to know this omnipotent being who willingly invades your existence and changes your life. Cest la vie.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Op yes I have felt it, pure expansion and clarity, infinite interconnectivity. Enough to make me weep in passing

a reply to: swanne

Key words man, IN spirit. You are His Son, in spirit. That doesn't have to mean anything Christian related if you don't want it to, it is the way our hearts feel even if the rest of us don't match up.

You were told the truth- your heart stands the test of the scale. Like Anubis, how he would measure hearts with the feather

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You haven't had one spiritual experience?? Not one?? Not even a sense something helped you out in some way? I'm talking no particular meaning attached..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't wish to presume sir but seeing as you and I are in the same boat? It's not Him but us.

"It is the glory of kings to search out a matter to it's end"

What jigher or better search than for divinity? Yes the road is hell but it climbs straight into heaven...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I have never experienced anything like what is being presented here. I do find it highly suspect when people are having religious experiences when you're taking hallucinogens. I have taken plenty of hallucinogens and I have had some wild experiences but never anything that I would consider God or some kind of deity. Also I hear a lot of stories about how people are in terrible accidents, or very sick and near death, when they have these Deity experiences. Is there anybody here who was an atheist and then had one of these experiences with out being near death, or very sick, or on drugs?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mericks74

You haven't had one spiritual experience?? Not one?? Not even a sense something helped you out in some way? I'm talking no strings attached..

Not a thing. And I was raised Roman Catholic. Went to church for most of my early life. I used to read the bible as a child, but nothing.

I do find the serenity of a church a peaceful experience, but at this stage in life, my ex has started going back to church and prays to god every night, it seems to be of benefit to her, and so many others. But personally, I have never felt anything. and trust me, I've prayed. Lost in this meandering thing called life. I'm not a bad or terrible person. But if god does exist, he has abandoned me for some reason.

I am an 8 of clubs card. A fixed point in life. Perhaps a sign of what to avoid. Like a jagged rock near the coast, that shows danger near for passing ships.

Never asked for it, but life has never been more than existence for me. God certainly has never held me through troubled times.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

The "in spirit" part was a wording of mine, since it's obvious I cannot be physically his son. He simply showed me some kind of family portrait, with him standing as my father and me standing as his son.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mericks74

It was a bit emotional retelling here.

This is why I became a Responder and an EMT. And I ended caring for 3 family members through their life-journey's ends...and continue to this day to volunteer with the elderly and infirm.

Looking back...I just figure...that was my reason to be alive through that event. I may never write the great book, or poem or music...but I'll have made a small tiny difference in someone's life.

Thanks...God is great....

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

I've had paranormal experiences on and off my entire life. Although, not in the last 10 years or so. I was at a pretty odd point in my life at the time. The events of 9/11 had occurred a few months previously, and I went on a renewed search for meaning.

Previously, I had always done my searching in solitude, but I had found this group who had seemed welcoming that I decided to join my search with. In hindsight, I should have maintained my loner mentality.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Certainly there must be something in it for you although I can see why you might want to be avoidant..

link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

I don't wish to presume sir but seeing as you and I are in the same boat? It's not Him but us.

"It is the glory of kings to search out a matter to it's end"

What jigher or better search than for divinity? Yes the road is hell but it climbs straight into heaven...

Then is it my role to be as I am. Because no matter where I seek things, I am always by my self. What glory is god going to grant me, what sanctuary, when it seems I am merely pain to others, so that they can be themselves, better off. I listen to problems, I protect where I can, yet like a tree providing comfort from a storm, I am the one left behind with only the sky and the wind as companions.

My insight has always proven me right, I know the minds of others before they really know it themselves. I've saved more than one marriage just by listening and offering insight. I've helped people who felt helpless. Yet my role is to always be on the outside. And that truth has jaded me. I am human, after all.

Tired of being a ghost, while so many others are apparently given life without begging. Rapture... denied.

link   

I have experienced God.

How do you know it was God? More like a spirit encounter, we have no idea except to say it was a spiritual encounter, of some kind.

Because we have no realm of experience for that sort of thing. Those that say they 'met God' are exaggerating.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I want to ask or say more but it might be too personal. Hm.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You have to experience it to know.

Those who do not experience it may only contemplate it from an external perspective, narrowed down by the reality to which they confine their selves.

You just can't mistake God.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join