It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

If you can not find intend in the e-mail "scandel" with proven miscunduct, but not proven intend...

You are not the guy to lead the FBI

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: face23785

I didn't say there was a difference. The difference is the extremists are invading the mainstream left. Bannon and Alex Jones aren't accepted by moderate Republicans.

???

Both are close friends/advisors to the Republican President of the United States.

Ok and you know he's a Republican as much as Bernie was a Democrat. He's not a mainstream Republican, you know this, so your message is transparently dishonest. Way to destroy your credibility.

YOUR message is transparently BS...Like it or not PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump is the LEADER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

That is the way it works...Trump is the Leader of the GOP as the Republican President...

You can sure claim that he is different than OTHER Republicans in DC...but that makes them out of sync with party leadership now, not Trump.

Pres. Obama was the Leader of the Democratic Party while President, Bush was the Leader of the Republican Party while President...Ad Nauseum...

Like it or not President Trump is not a mainstream Republican, and neither is Bannon. You cannot change that fact. The point is that radical leftists are becoming accepted by the mainstream Democrats. This is not happening on the right. Mainstream Republicans despise Trump and Bannon. Go cry in your corner.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: burntheships

No, LE enforces the law. He declined to do that, using the weak excuse "no reasonable prosecutor" load of BS.

Of course you think that. You don't understand precedence and how those laws are enforced. He and others explained it quite well.

By the way, why hasn't anyone stepped-up to prosecute her? Hmmm...

When he did that, while calling her careless and negligent, He sealed his fate. She would have ruined him in an ugly way had she won. Anyone who denies this is just plain lying.

So you would admit that this was a political firing by Trump? Anyone who denies this is just plain lying.

It appears he did the same thing Clinton would have done..if she had won, of course.

Remind me again how long you worked for the Clinton campaign... I remember you talking about it sometime back.

I've never said I worked for the Clinton campaign.

Can you address what I said and refrain from making idiotic statements?

I remember you saying that as well...you post so much it would take hours to find it,,,but never understimate ATS members.

I invite you to find any post in which I said I worked for the Clinton campaign.

Tip: You won't find one. Because I've never said it.

I would certainly remember if you said that. I don't.
Maybe some confusion with someone else.

Seems to be quite a bit of confusion around here.

Agreed - I've even seen some people sticking to the Russian collusion thing

I don't think I've seen any evidence of collusion yet, but we should wait for the investigation to conclude before we come to any conclusions.

Although, Trump's firing of Comey now casts a suspicious light on the entire ordeal. I think the comparisons to Nixon are applicable.

Nixon NEVER fired an FBI director...
Thats just another BS lie that folks have swallowed hook line and sinker.. and incorporate it into their arguments. BILL CLINTON fired an FBI director though...

Anyone comparing this to Nixon/Watergate is historically illiterate.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Phoenix

There's no way to get to the trees, but if you find a root of a vine towards the edge and cut it, you can pull it out. Then maybe you can get access to a couple of thorns and cut them out. Another vine or two appears after the thorns are gone; cut them and pull them out. Then eventually you can access the base of a bush and cut it out, then another, then more vines, more thorns, another bush... finally you can get a chainsaw at the base of a tree.

Warren, Pelosi, and Clinton are watching this and seeing they are closer to becoming vulnerable... Primarily Clinton, since she hid. Pelosi and Warren are screaming in terror. Schumer is not as vulnerable now, but he sees the writing on the wall. So does McCain.

Your partisanship blinds you to the fact that you are describing how Tyrants dismantle democratic systems..

One person and institution at a time..

Makes me a little sick to see you excited by it.

What are Warren and Pelosi guilty of? Apart form disagreeing with you and Trump politically? Schumer?
What makes you so giddy at the prospect of Trump jailing his former political rival? That won the popular vote? A challenge to the Tyrant that is jail-worthy?

The United States of America will not tolerate this idiotic wannabe-tyrant much longer...and it will heal it's institutions..but will not forget. Trumpism will join our derogatory lexicology just as Nixonian or McCarthyism..

Honestly, 5 years from now...every GOP politician that did not heed that inner voice of self-preservation and choose to denounce Trump, will be out of job at best...some of them will be thoroughly publicly humiliated first...

But what will stay with me will be anonymous posters like you Red, that giddily cheered Trumps every swing of the hatched at the roots of our free democracy..Just cuz he was "your kind" of Tyrant.

edit on 10-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

If you can not find intend in the e-mail "scandel" with proven miscunduct, but not proven intend...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it. It's all about the email scandal and Billary. I don't give 2/3 of a purple crap about Billary or what happens to her. Didn't vote for her and wouldn't in a million years.

My point is that they can spin this any which way they want, the timing STINKS.
This could be one big poop bomb that's going blow up in their face.
Just about anyone who hasn't guzzled the Trump Kool-aid can see how bad this looks.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it. It's all about the email scandal and Billary. I don't give 2/3 of a purple crap about Billary or what happens to her. Didn't vote for her and wouldn't in a million years.

Just about anyone who hasn't guzzled the Trump Kool-aid can see how bad this looks.

You should care about what happens to her. Her email arrangement was illegal and endangered national security. Comey laid out all the evidence that crimes were committed and chose not to recommend charges because his boss was Loretta Lynch. You can't just give her a pass because the election is over, it sets a dangerous precedent for any future mishandling of classified info. All the left cried that it was just a ploy to bring down her campaign, well guess what for those of us who have held a security clearance and know for a fact she broke the law, it was never about that. It was about upholding the law, and still is. She needs to be prosecuted.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Yeah, it doesn't matter what kind of excuse or justification they come up with here, the timing of this stinks to hell.
They fire him right after he sought more money and resources for the investigation? That alone stinks, but I'm sure it must be purely coincidental, right? Because the investigation can't possibly be going anywhere. It started in July, so it must certainly be done by now. And they can't possibly have found anything because surely if they had we'd know about it. Therefore, this must be fake news. Fake, stinky news.

Is there ever a good time? The FBI always has investigations going on. Comey wasnt liked by left or right why? Simple he injected himself into politics and that shouldnt be tolerated. After his hearing where he admitted affecting politics time to remove him. As for some how this stops investigations it doesnt and in fact if it were true Trump would have kept him there. While director of the FBI Trump could control what he says now that hes fired hes free to say whatever he likes.If anything firing him was more dangerous if there is anything to this russian story.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ahem a lot of folks in the know like one of the dudes that uncovered the Watergate thingy did just that,
Most of us wasn't even self a where , much less politically a where, I'd go even further and say, most folks here weren't even born then.

edit on 10-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

But... corrupt institutions and people MUST be cut from our Republic in order for it to survive. Personally, I dont care if the people and institutions are dem or rep.. or anything in between. There are heinous things that are being done in the name of the People that MUST be stopped. Im thrilled its starting in my lifetime. It wont end with Trump I dont believe. He is just a very very small part in an American renaissance period.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You should care about what happens to her. Her email arrangement was illegal and endangered national security. Comey laid out all the evidence that crimes were committed and chose not to recommend charges because his boss was Loretta Lynch. You can't just give her a pass because the election is over, it sets a dangerous precedent for any future mishandling of classified info. All the left cried that it was just a ploy to bring down her campaign, well guess what for those of us who have held a security clearance and know for a fact she broke the law, it was never about that. It was about upholding the law, and still is. She needs to be prosecuted.

Look, that's just fine. Like I said, I don't give a crap about her. Totally your business. Hope it makes you happy. Hope you feel more secure when she's locked up.

Given the larger context and what we're learning, the timing still STINKS. And there's not one iota of rabid, patriotic Tumpensteinian antilogic that will kill that stench.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

No, LE enforces the law. He declined to do that, using the weak excuse "no reasonable prosecutor" load of BS.

Of course you think that. You don't understand precedence and how those laws are enforced. He and others explained it quite well.

When he did that, while calling her careless and negligent, He sealed his fate. She would have ruined him in an ugly way had she won. Anyone who denies this is just plain lying.

So you would admit that this was a political firing by Trump? Anyone who denies this is just plain lying.

It appears he did the same thing Clinton would have done..if she had won, of course.

Remind me again how long you worked for the Clinton campaign... I remember you talking about it sometime back.

I remember you saying that as well...you post so much it would take hours to find it,,,but never understimate ATS members.

I invite you to find any post in which I said I worked for the Clinton campaign.

I don't think I've seen any evidence of collusion yet, but we should wait for the investigation to conclude before we come to any conclusions.

Although, Trump's firing of Comey now casts a suspicious light on the entire ordeal. I think the comparisons to Nixon are applicable.

Thats just another BS lie that folks have swallowed hook line and sinker.. and incorporate it into their arguments. BILL CLINTON fired an FBI director though...

Are these guys historically illiterate?

“If President Trump thought the Russian hacking investigation would just go away, his decision today has insured that it won’t,” said presidential historian Timothy Naftali.

--------

Historian Douglas Brinkley said Tuesday that President Donald Trump "behaved like a tyrant" in his firing of FBI Director James Comey and likened it to President Richard Nixon's firing of the special Watergate prosecutor in 1973.

"It's a very troubling abuse of power," Brinkley told Anderson Cooper on CNN. "Donald Trump just behaved like a tyrant.

"We see that in other countries in the world," he added. "We don't expect it here."

----------

Presidential Historian Jeff Frank thinks this is WORSE than Watergate...
www.newyorker.com...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: face23785

Ahem a lot of folks in the know like one of the dudes that uncovered the Watergate thingy did just that

Oh I forgot only conservatives play politics.

This is demonstrably way different from what Nixon did. There was already a ton of evidence that Nixon was in hot water when he obviously tried to initiate a cover up by firing the special prosecutor on his own accord.

On the other hand, so far there is ZERO evidence of the Trump/Russia conspiracy theory. Not to mention that firing the FBI director would not enable Trump to cover anything up in any way. The investigation isn't being conducted by the director. And the firing was recommended by the non-partisan Deputy-AG. Trump didn't just fire him out of nowhere, Comey's boss recommended it. It's drastically different and anyone suggesting otherwise is uninformed or lying.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Are these guys historically illiterate?

“If President Trump thought the Russian hacking investigation would just go away, his decision today has insured that it won’t,” said presidential historian Timothy Naftali.

--------

Historian Douglas Brinkley said Tuesday that President Donald Trump "behaved like a tyrant" in his firing of FBI Director James Comey and likened it to President Richard Nixon's firing of the special Watergate prosecutor in 1973.

"It's a very troubling abuse of power," Brinkley told Anderson Cooper on CNN. "Donald Trump just behaved like a tyrant.

"We see that in other countries in the world," he added. "We don't expect it here."

----------

Presidential Historian Jeff Frank thinks this is WORSE than Watergate...
www.newyorker.com...

No they're just liars. See above.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When would've been the best time to fire him?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Look, that's just fine. Like I said, I don't give a crap about her. Totally your business. Hope it makes you happy. Hope you feel more secure when she's locked up.

Given the larger context and what we're learning, the timing still STINKS. And there's not one iota of rabid, patriotic Tumpensteinian antilogic that will kill that stench.

You honestly don't see the problem? You think this is just an issue to make ex military guys feel better? Do you have no concept of how national security affects you?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

While director of the FBI Trump could control what he says now that hes fired hes free to say whatever he likes.If anything firing him was more dangerous if there is anything to this russian story.

That's what I'm getting at. The timing couldn't be any worse. Even if this honestly and truly does come down to a matter of the email thing, they couldn't possibly have fired him at a worse time. It just absolutely wreaks of frustration and nervousness on their part.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Bingo!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

But... corrupt institutions and people MUST be cut from our Republic in order for it to survive.

Plato thought political regimes followed a predictable evolutionary course, from oligarchy to democracy to tyranny. Oligarchies give way to democracies when the elites fail, when they become spoiled, lazy, profligate, and when they develop interests apart from those they rule.

Democracies give way to tyrannies when mob passion overwhelms political wisdom and a populist autocrat seizes the masses. But the tyrant is not quite a tyrant at first.

On the contrary, in a democracy the would-be tyrant offers himself as the people’s champion. He’s the ultimate simplifier, the one man who can make everything whole again.

So the shift from democracy to tyranny is simple enough: A surplus of freedom produces an excess of factions and a multiplicity of perspectives, most of which are blinkered by narrow interests. To get elected, those factions have to be flattered, their passions indulged. This is fertile soil for the demagogue, who manipulates the masses to “overmaster democracy,” as Plato put it.

In this way, it’s the very freedom of democracy that opens the way to tyranny. The love of tolerance devolves into a kind of unraveling licentiousness. Communal bonds wither. When things get bad, as they always do, the people grow restless and yield to a swindling demagogue who cultivates their fears and positions himself as the protector.

This is how democracy passes into despotism.

www.vox.com...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I did not say Nixon fired a FBI director. Nixon fired the special prosecutor looking in to Watergate.

Trump fired the guy looking in to the Russia aspect. I think the comparison is applicable.

Perhaps you should ask for clarification before making ignorant assumptions.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I cant believe youre defending the kind of corruption we see in DC,etc. You cant defend that... even by twisting what Plato was actually applying his thoughts to... you cant defend this.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join