It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

From Ms. alternative facts, to Bannon, to "they're putting stuff in the water to turn the freakin' frogs gay," Alex Jones - I'm really not seeing the difference between extremists on the left and extremists on the right.

One is comedy, the other is tragedy?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Tekaran

Liberals are taking one out of the conservative playbook.

"Repeat something often enough and it becomes true."

I've been awaiting evidence that Obama is secretly a Kenyan/Hawaiian (he was born in both places at the same time, anti-Christ) secret Muslim spy that's actually Osama Bin Laden in disguise who forges birth certificates who is also married to a gorilla-ape man who is a shapeshifting gorilla.

Nearly ten years and still no evidence.

Sounds Legit to me!

Go do an ATS or google search. These are REAL topics people were actually discussing rather than dismissing (Obama being a Reptilian, Michelle is a gorilla, etc etc).

This is why I find it laughable when conservatives get butthurt and demand that "people respect the current POTUS," as if they could manage to do that themselves lol.

There's a difference between extreme far right loons saying such ridiculous things about Obama and his wife and the kind of nonsense floating through the mainstream Democrat party these days about Trump. Don't equate one to the other. There's nutcases on the extremes of both sides, the problem is the extremes are taking over the left.

The same could be said for the right.

From Ms. alternative facts, to Bannon, to "they're putting stuff in the water to turn the freakin' frogs gay," Alex Jones - I'm really not seeing the difference between extremists on the left and extremists on the right.

I didn't say there was a difference. The difference is the extremists are invading the mainstream left. Bannon and Alex Jones aren't accepted by moderate Republicans.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

what? bannon is trumps right hand man!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I mean if Trump was trying to hide something and turned out to be true.

Trump isn't hiding anything.

His critics are acting like GW going on about wmd's in Iraq.

Where there was 'none'.

The burden of PROOF is on Trump haters, and 100+ days.

They got nothing but conjecture.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
This is why leftists cannot be taken seriously:

They cheered when Comey's firing was announced on Late Show, have to be prompted that Comey's firing is bad.

THAT was hilarious.
They forgot to prompt the audience with the narrative that Comey's firing was a bad thing.

Love how Colbert needed to give them a swift correction by calling the audience Trump supporters.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

For now perhaps...The Oval office looks like the Game of Thrones with internal intrigue.

www.rawstory.com...

It's just a matter of time until an insulted insider spills the beans and moderate Republicans don't want to get caught in the mess.
edit on 10-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

And moderate Republicans hate that. Since when is Trump or Bannon a mainstream Republican? You don't sound informed enough to even be involved in this discussion.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Never really researched Comey prior to his firing and resulting screeching from left.

One has to wonder why the illogical 180's occurred.

Turns out he's longtime "fix-it" man for Clintons endeavors.

Latest fixing he got fired for was taking heat off Obamas DOJ and AG by holding Clinton email scandel trial singlehandedly in media. At first glance the affair seemed derogatory but end results gave media and supporters last minute reprieve regards HC campaign.

Apparently Comey has done these sorts of things his entire career.

Results were enlightening when Google searching term "Comey"

Along with terms,

Ruby Ridge
Waco
Oklahoma City
9/11
Bill Clinton
Hillary Clinton
Clinton Foundation
Sandy Berger
9/11 Commission
BCCI
HSBC
Lockheed Martin
Law Firm

Anyway one search term leads to another and soon one is down the rabbit hole with this guy and it becomes very clear just why the left is screaming "Russia, Russia, Russia" in order to keep public minds occupied and away from the truth.

Longtime associations show he never ever should have headed FBI due so many conflicts of interest and should have recused himself on many cases past and present.

Comey was Mr. Fix it.

Poking around Internet and results showed aptly why shills are shilling even though it appears illogical they know exactly what's at stake.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
uh oh....By Trump firing Comey and trying to intimidate the FBI is just having the opposite effect and bringing even more heat down on those clowns.

Giuliani as new FBI director...how's that sound?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Tempter

I live in the midwest (the heart of it). And I saw ONE "Trump" sign. ZERO bumper stickers or hats.

Then why did you say back in the fall that your daughter and you were afraid to drive across your state??????

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: talisman

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Yeap. As I saw as a reaction. All the hard core liberals, celebrities and democrat senators are thinking Trump should be investigated and impeached.....

I mean if Trump was trying to hide something and turned out to be true. I will even be shocked by it. But these people that are calling the president a traitor and corrupt need to take a chill pill and let the government sort itself out.

If Trump gets forcibly removed without some sort of due process or trial. There will be outrage for sure. You think triggered liberals are bad? You haven't seen ugly yet. Several constitutional patriotic groups are itching to have a reason to go to war.

If Trump WAS trying to hide something the very last thing he would do is make an enemy of the FBI Director investigating the bogus Russian claims.

That's just it. The Russians claims aren't bogus and a special prosecuter is being appointed as we speak and the WH is in chaos. This was a Bannon decision and it blew up in their faces. Now even more heads will roll but it won't stop the investigations, in fact only intensify them. Stupid, believe me.

So you believe that Bannon somehow wrote Rod Rosenstein's Memo about Comey? That he had other former Attorney Generals agree with?

Quote from the MEMO

My perspective on these issues is shared by former Attorneys General and Deputy Attorneys General from different eras and both political parties. Judge Laurence Silberman, who served as Deputy Attorneys General under President Ford, wrote that "it is not the bureau's responsibility to opine on whether a matter should be prosecuted." Silberman believes that the Director's "Performance was so inappropriate for an FBI director that [he] doubt[s] the bureau will ever completely recover." Jamie Gorelick, Deputy Attorney General under President George W. Bush, to opine that the Director had "chosen personally to restrike the balance between transparency and fairness, department from the department's traditions." They concluded that the Director violated his obligation to "preserve, protect and defend" the traditions of the Department and the FBI.

So Bannon convinced all those people?

Reality : a non-partisan Deputy AG, also appointed by Obama to a position during his administration no less, steps into the job two weeks ago and gets testimony from several ex AG's and people within the FBI that says Comey is unfit to lead. Trump takes this non-partisans advice and fires Comey.

Liberal propaganda: Russia

That's about the sum of it.

Everyone plays politics but the more they push these blatantly transparent lies the bigger they're gonna lose in 2018. Let them hang themselves.

Agreed - I don't think they yet realise that those salivating over the next set of lies they can push are only playing to extremists. Every word out of their mouths alienates another rational person.

Stick with that...while you squeeze around the elephant in the room, try not to get to much elephant # on your shoe...

Trump and allies will count their blessings if they survive until 2018 without impeachment and criminal charges where appropriate.

Lol. Would that be a white elephant by any chance

Lol. I will await some evidence. Nearly a year in and.. NADA. You'll be getting quite frsutrated and a little embarrased right now I'd imagine.

Liberals are taking one out of the conservative playbook.

"Repeat something often enough and it becomes true."

I've been awaiting evidence that Obama is secretly a Kenyan/Hawaiian (he was born in both places at the same time, anti-Christ) secret Muslim spy that's actually Osama Bin Laden in disguise

Yah...Like that time Al-Qaida conducted hacking and a cyber campaign to get Pres. Obama elected, and Pres. Obama's Chief National Security Advisor was forced to resign for having secret conversations with Osama Bin Laden! And the CIA/NSA et al. came out and confirmed that yes, AQ and Osama Bin Laden worked to get Pres. Obama elected...And then it was found out that Pres. Obama's campaign staff was communicating with Al-Qaida during the election! And then even Democrats in Congress and the Senate were forced to open public investigations and hearings! And then the FBI started to investigate Obama-Al-Qaida collusion and President Obama fired the Director of the FBI!...

Geez...I remember it like it was yesterday.....same thing entirely...

edit on 10-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I didn't say there was a difference. The difference is the extremists are invading the mainstream left. Bannon and Alex Jones aren't accepted by moderate Republicans.

???

Both are close friends/advisors to the Republican President of the United States.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Behind Comey’s firing: An enraged Trump, fuming about Russia

He had grown enraged by the Russia investigation, two advisers said, frustrated by his inability to control the mushrooming narrative around Russia. He repeatedly asked aides why the Russia investigation wouldn’t disappear and demanded they speak out for him. He would sometimes scream at television clips about the probe, one adviser said.

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Swills

Some articles state he fired Comey on the request of Jeff Sessions. I smell a conspiracy here and it's probably related to the Russian investigation.

The official line from the White House is that it was at the recommendation of Sessions. CNN was just reading a copy of the letter that was sent to Comey from Trump. Here was (part) one of the lines:

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me on three seperate occassions that I am not under investigation,"

This smells bad and it's not going to sit well with a lot of people. Trump canned Comey at the recommendation of Sessions, who is in fact part of the investigation? Ugh.

Remember Sessions recused himself from the investigation. Now he is the reason Comey got fired? Something fishy.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Swills

Some articles state he fired Comey on the request of Jeff Sessions. I smell a conspiracy here and it's probably related to the Russian investigation.

The official line from the White House is that it was at the recommendation of Sessions. CNN was just reading a copy of the letter that was sent to Comey from Trump. Here was (part) one of the lines:

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me on three seperate occassions that I am not under investigation,"

This smells bad and it's not going to sit well with a lot of people. Trump canned Comey at the recommendation of Sessions, who is in fact part of the investigation? Ugh.

Remember Sessions recused himself from the investigation. Now he is the reason Comey got fired? Something fishy.

Fishy?...That is the most generous way to put it..

Therefore, I have recused myself in the matters that deal with the Trump campaign.

The exact language of that recusal is in the press release that we — we will give to you. I've said this, quote,

“I have now decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matter relating in any way to the campaigns for president of the United States.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

Hmmm..
Does firing the Director of the FBI leading the Investigation into the Russian Meddling of the 2016 campaign and possible Collusion of the Trump Campaign qualify?

Or let's go full mental and pretend the BS letter of Dismissal makes any sense..
Does firing the Director of the FBI for his potential influence on the 2016 campaign by articulating his reasons for not indicting HRC qualify as "any matter relating in any way to the campaigns for president of the United States.”??

Jeff Sessions is lizard-coward-pet of Donald Trump's..and yes his "Recusal" was complete and utter BS..By ANY interpretation you choose.

The executive branch is now being run by crooks, liars and traitors....

It is quickly becoming untenable...

And now this...

Comey sought more money for Russia probe days before he was fired by President Trump, officials say

Last week, then-FBI Director James B. Comey requested more money and resources from the Justice Department for his bureau’s investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, according to two officials with knowledge of the discussion.

Comey, who was fired by President Trump on Tuesday, made the request in a meeting last week with Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, and Senate Intelligence Committee members were briefed on the request on Monday.

[With Comey's dismissal, the Russia investigation will soon be run by Trump allies]

Rosenstein wrote the memo that was used to justify Trump’s swift and unexpected firing of Comey on Tuesday evening.

www.washingtonpost.com...

In his briefing with members of Congress, Mr. Comey said he had been frustrated with the amount of resources being dedicated to the Russia investigation, according to two of the officials. Until two weeks ago, when Mr. Rosenstein took over as deputy attorney general, the investigation was being overseen by Dana Boente, who was acting as the deputy and is now the United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

That makes sense.

After the election, Hillary went into a self-imposed exile.. 'hid in the woods,' if you will, although I'm sure she was not staying in a little log cabin. That's really not unusual. But the last week saw her come out of hiding in an attempt to start up a new movement designed to fight all things Trump. Strangely, she seems to have disappeared again since Comey's firing. It seems the ex-wife of the former janitor of the FBI has come forward with a rabid opinion, but not Hillary? Right after her triumphant reappearance?

I'm reminded of the mountain I live in. There are places that are literally impenetrable: small trees surrounded by bushes interlinked together and covered in vines woven into a veritable shield and inundated by thorns... a bulldozer would have problems getting through that mess! Deer walk around it, sometimes hundreds of yards out of their way. Even rabbits don't try to go through the mess. It might as well be a stone wall.

But it can be cleared... slowly. There's no way to get to the trees, but if you find a root of a vine towards the edge and cut it, you can pull it out. Then maybe you can get access to a couple of thorns and cut them out. Another vine or two appears after the thorns are gone; cut them and pull them out. Then eventually you can access the base of a bush and cut it out, then another, then more vines, more thorns, another bush... finally you can get a chainsaw at the base of a tree.

It just takes time and a little strategy.

Washington DC is a lot like those patches. One guy watches another guy's back, who watches more backs, who watch more backs... just doing something is impossible. One must take out the support before taking out the opposition. Comey was a support for others (like Clinton, obviously), and was in the way getting to her. He became vulnerable when Rosenstein was confirmed by such a huge margin. One vine gone... what's next? A thorn named McCabe?

Warren, Pelosi, and Clinton are watching this and seeing they are closer to becoming vulnerable... Primarily Clinton, since she hid. Pelosi and Warren are screaming in terror. Schumer is not as vulnerable now, but he sees the writing on the wall. So does McCain. It's interesting to me that, while the Democrats are going into full-on meltdown mode, the Republicans are worried too. I figure they have the hope that partisanship will save their hides; the Democrats don't have such hope.

But Sessions won't stop at party lines. He'll take his own Mama down if he needs to.

The fact that Comey was, in essence, a double-agent politically, a Republican working for the Democrats, makes perfect sense both in why he was taken out and why the Democrats are doing such an obvious 180 on him. That one move may have just opened a whole new section of the swamp to drainage crews.

ETA: I just realized... for the first time in memory, spanning a half-freakin'-century, I have confidence in the President of the United States!

TheRedneck

edit on 5/10/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

???

Both are close friends/advisors to the Republican President of the United States.

Ok and you know he's a Republican as much as Bernie was a Democrat. He's not a mainstream Republican, you know this, so your message is transparently dishonest. Way to destroy your credibility.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: burntheships

No, LE enforces the law. He declined to do that, using the weak excuse "no reasonable prosecutor" load of BS.

Of course you think that. You don't understand precedence and how those laws are enforced. He and others explained it quite well.

By the way, why hasn't anyone stepped-up to prosecute her? Hmmm...

When he did that, while calling her careless and negligent, He sealed his fate. She would have ruined him in an ugly way had she won. Anyone who denies this is just plain lying.

So you would admit that this was a political firing by Trump? Anyone who denies this is just plain lying.

It appears he did the same thing Clinton would have done..if she had won, of course.

Remind me again how long you worked for the Clinton campaign... I remember you talking about it sometime back.

I've never said I worked for the Clinton campaign.

Can you address what I said and refrain from making idiotic statements?

I remember you saying that as well...you post so much it would take hours to find it,,,but never understimate ATS members.

I invite you to find any post in which I said I worked for the Clinton campaign.

Tip: You won't find one. Because I've never said it.

I would certainly remember if you said that. I don't.
Maybe some confusion with someone else.

Seems to be quite a bit of confusion around here.

Agreed - I've even seen some people sticking to the Russian collusion thing

I don't think I've seen any evidence of collusion yet, but we should wait for the investigation to conclude before we come to any conclusions.

Although, Trump's firing of Comey now casts a suspicious light on the entire ordeal. I think the comparisons to Nixon are applicable.

Nixon NEVER fired an FBI director...
Thats just another BS lie that folks have swallowed hook line and sinker.. and incorporate it into their arguments. BILL CLINTON fired an FBI director though...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

???

Ok and you know he's a Republican as much as Bernie was a Democrat. He's not a mainstream Republican, you know this, so your message is transparently dishonest. Way to destroy your credibility.

YOUR message is transparently BS...Like it or not PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump is the LEADER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

That is the way it works...Trump is the Leader of the GOP as the Republican President...

You can sure claim that he is different than OTHER Republicans in DC...but that makes them out of sync with party leadership now, not Trump.

Pres. Obama was the Leader of the Democratic Party while President, Bush was the Leader of the Republican Party while President...Ad Nauseum...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yeah, it doesn't matter what kind of excuse or justification they come up with here, the timing of this stinks to hell.
They fire him right after he sought more money and resources for the investigation? That alone stinks, but I'm sure it must be purely coincidental, right? Because the investigation can't possibly be going anywhere. It started in July, so it must certainly be done by now. And they can't possibly have found anything because surely if they had we'd know about it. Therefore, this must be fake news. Fake, stinky news.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join