It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps abrupt end to CBS interview

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So you're saying that he didn't publicly state that citizens can feel free to shoot drug dealers themselves without repercussions?

He actually commissioned hit squads AND he claims to have thrown one out of his helicopter.
www.newsmax.com...

And? Good riddance. Do you really think his approval rating would be that high if they hunted down innocent people? The police is still working as intended you know. It's not like law enforcement just packed up and went home. Seriously people quit believing useless media propaganda. Trump should execute every cartel member on the mexican border too. Get rid of them alltogether. Since when are people so concerned with the well being of criminals? Kill'em all for i care.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

even in that quote you posted by him he just rambles about....
kind of like a 5 year old

i guess he sort of gets to the point eventually

What does that say about your own posts?

If slick talk and articulation is the mark of a good politician, all we need to do is hire actors to play the part.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If slick talk and articulation is the mark of a good politician, all we need to do is hire actors to play the part.

i dont know. you tell me what it says about my posts
i type like i talk and i post what i think....nothing more to it
i hold myself to no standards like i hold the president though....after all he is the president. im just some asshole on the internet

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I call Alzheimer's. Sad.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

When have you seen another President so disrespected by a journalist in the Oval Office. It was a hatchet job and even though I did not vote for the man, and probably won't in another 4 years, that level of disrespect for the office disgusts me. President Trump made it plain as day that he wasn't going to answer the question, even though his answer is obvious to anyone. He rightfully said that it was up to every individual to decide what that type of surveillance should be considered. It's not journalism at all.

On another note, the concerns he raised about taking human life I found impressive. I also liked what he had to say about the level of surveillance we are under. I don't know what he'll do about it, but at least he's addressing the issue.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Right, it would be better not to enter into a dialogue. Just drone them like the last two administrations have done.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

i hold myself to no standards like i hold the president though....after all he is the president. im just some asshole on the internet

I prefer not to judge people from afar. I was only razzing you. I see you guys collecting snigggers and giggles, perhaps for retirement or something, and I thought there might be something to it.

Maybe that's the difference between you and I is that I hold everyone to the same standards, no matter their position in life. I suppose that could be detrimental.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You have to question Trump's moral character when he says he would be "honored" to meet with a murderer! A dictator who killed his own uncle! Our "moral President" calls Kim Jong Un a "smart cookie" just because this dictator killed anyone that got in his way to gain power??? I can just imagine Trump's conversation if they meet... "Kim I have to say, killing your own uncle to gain power, that was absolutely ingenious!"

As an American citizen, it's embarrassing to call this idiot, pathological liar, immoral character and textbook narcissist, our President!

For those who want to deny his character, I say, "If the shoe fits, wear it!"

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I prefer not to judge people from afar. I was only razzing you. I see you guys collecting snigggers and giggles, perhaps for retirement or something, and I thought there might be something to it.

Maybe that's the difference between you and I is that I hold everyone to the same standards, no matter their position in life. I suppose that could be detrimental.

its all good my friend.
i have very low standards for everyone

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

its all good my friend.
i have very low standards for everyone

Ha. My standards are fairly low too, friend. I'm in good company.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
It's the written word. Direct communication from the man himself with no media filter. He was asked if he stands behind his own words or not, and walked out of the interview. If he can't back up what he says, maybe he should be quiet.

Let me understand...

Dickerson has the President of the United States in the Oval office for a one-one interview and asks about "gadgets","decorations","furniture" blah. blah.

...eventually to try and pin Trump down to a tweet, which in Trump's own words in response "...And frankly it should be discussed" as its' own topic...yet Dickerson pressed.

With all of what is going on right now, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, Iran, N. Korea, ISIS, ISIL, AQ...crime, murders at home, terrorism...

Dickerson pressed that idiotic question?

I would have thought to myself, "this is a crap interview and nothing of any substance is being discussed, not he highest and best use of my time..." and cut it off as well.

mg

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

While I'm not a Trump supporter, I fail to see how reaching out the olive branch of diplomacy to struggling nations is a bad thing.

There's nothing wrong with that!

It's Trump saying he would be "HONORED" to meet with a dictator who has killed his own uncle, brother, and some of his own close advisors! Let's not ignore the stupidity of Trump's words! As President of the United States he represents the moral character of the American people and the founding fathers!

He's too ignorant and not intelligent enough to choose his words wisely!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: CriticalStinker

While I'm not a Trump supporter, I fail to see how reaching out the olive branch of diplomacy to struggling nations is a bad thing.

There's nothing wrong with that!

It's Trump saying he would be "HONORED" to meet with a dictator who has killed his own uncle, brother, and some of his own close advisors! Let's not ignore the stupidity of Trump's words! As President of the United States he represents the moral character of the American people and the founding fathers!

He's too ignorant and not intelligent enough to choose his words wisely!

I'm not sure how calling a dictator a "smart cookie" is an endorsement of the dictators morality. In fact, conflating the two would be closer to stupid than anything else.
edit on 2-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

"If it would be appropriate for me to meet with him, I would - absolutely. I would be honoured to do it,"
...[snip]...
"Clearly conditions are not there right now,"
BBC

"Honored to do it" vs. Honored to meet Kim is a completely different comment!

And it is an honor to represent the United States as the President in Nation to Nation talks (under the right circumstances)...

mg

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yeah.
That wasn't answering the question either.

His big argument? His justification...everybody's talking about it...
He sounds like a gossipy housewife.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You forgot murdered people in the streets. That's a biggy with these guys .

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

In the UK.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I've read and heard what he's said.

And to elaborate he said under the right circumstances, implying it's obviously a hot topic.

Are you telling me it was viewed negatively past presidents meeting with soviet leaders?

Real leaders meet, talk, and change the minds of everyone, especially adversaries.

That being said I think really expect anything positive to come of it.

But there is plenty to criticize him on, this is not one of them.
edit on 2-5-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

trump is the one that had his panties in a bunch. he is not professional or courteous, he is rude and has zero class. he is the last person i would want to represent my country in any sort of diplomatic situation.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The reporter kept asking the same question 6 times rudely not accepting the answer the first time.Like a prosecutor trying to trip up a perp on the stand instead of the POTUS.The"reporter"should have been thrown out on his ass by the secret service.

edit on CDTTuepm21061 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join