It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps abrupt end to CBS interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Most people are talking about how Trump Abruptly ended the interview..

I actually think the whole interview is bizarre...

IMHO...Not all of the pistons are firing here...

Stephen Colbert Summed up the crazy well..

"Mr. President..If I came to the Oval Office and saw you sitting behind the desk, I'd cry too.."

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

And has anyone on ATS mentioned that Trump has invited the dictator of the Philippines to the WH? Or said it would be an "honor" to speak with the leader of North Korea?

Just checking to see how silent ATS has become...

+37 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

While I'm not a Trump supporter, I fail to see how reaching out the olive branch of diplomacy to struggling nations is a bad thing.

Former presidents are praised for opening talks with enemies or troubled governments.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That was painful to watch, I won't lie. I truly think the whole "White House" versus "The Media" show is completely manufactured and both sides have some sort of agreement we don't know about (perhaps even an "unspoken" agreement). Just my 0.02

+26 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

And has anyone on ATS mentioned that Trump has invited the dictator of the Philippines to the WH?

Who is the dictator of the Philippines????,,,

I know their current President was democratically voted in and currently has a 90+% approval rating... Has someone else gained power who I do not know about???..

RA
edit on 2-5-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That's been my thought as well.

The "media" is getting unprecedented views with this sensationalized presidency.

Me thinks the "media" loves this charged atmosphere, and Trump just loves the attention.

+47 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm glad he cut it off. The reporter pressed him 6 times to comment on a tweet he made one time without addressing Trump's argument at all. That isn't journalism.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While I'm not a Trump supporter, I fail to see how reaching out the olive branch of diplomacy to struggling nations is a bad thing.

Former presidents are praised for opening talks with enemies or troubled governments.

Appreciate the response to my "post"..but that was more about how he praised the NK leader plus said it would be an honor to meet him than anything else..

Have you examined the OP video?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I'm glad he cut it off. The reporter pressed him 6 times to comment on a tweet he made one time without addressing Trump's argument at all. That isn't journalism.

The reporter pressed him on his actual words...right there...in the oval office???

???

+18 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

And has anyone on ATS mentioned that Trump has invited the dictator of the Philippines to the WH?

I know their current President was democratically voted in and currently has a 90+% approval rating... Has someone else gained power who I do not know about???..

RA

Haven't you heard, any leader who doesn't want open borders, hard drugs freely available for children so they can be 'cured' with more expensive drugs, fully legalised abortions, transgender bathrooms and free money for everyone who doesn't work (paid by those that do) is a dictator.

+20 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

people needs to get over the fact we have him as our President! we have dealt with 26 years of clintons, bushes, and omg obama! we have went down hill, no down a mountain for soooo long now, President Trump is a family man he cares about his family and loves them, and he cares about this country! if people's eyes are too blind to see that, its the people's fault! this country starting having riots way before President Trump came into office, he has a mess to deal with in this country and others! there is nothing wrong with reaching out to leaders of all countries! GROW UP, GET OVER IT!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The reporter pressed him on his actual words...right there...in the oval office???

???

His tweet? Looks like it. Fine reporting.

+9 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Agreed. The best way to deal with an annoying reporter trying to push an agenda instead of focusing on what people need to know about IS to cut them off and throw them out.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Since taking office on June 30, 2016, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has launched an abusive “war on drugs” that has resulted in the deaths of more than 6,000 Filipinos to date, the vast majority poor urban slum dwellers. The Philippine National Police’s own data indicates that police killed at least 2,250 “suspected drug personalities” from July 2016 to January 2017, with an additional 3,600 alleged drug users and dealers killed by “unidentified gunmen.” Police Director-General Ronald dela Rosa has characterized the killings as proof of an “uncompromising” approach to drug crimes.

www.hrw.org...

He has made it legal to execute "suspected" drug users or dealers on the spot..

+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Since taking office on June 30, 2016, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has launched an abusive “war on drugs” that has resulted in the deaths of more than 6,000 Filipinos to date, the vast majority poor urban slum dwellers. The Philippine National Police’s own data indicates that police killed at least 2,250 “suspected drug personalities” from July 2016 to January 2017, with an additional 3,600 alleged drug users and dealers killed by “unidentified gunmen.” Police Director-General Ronald dela Rosa has characterized the killings as proof of an “uncompromising” approach to drug crimes.

www.hrw.org...

He has made it legal to execute "suspected" drug users or dealers on the spot..

So, not a dictator then.

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Agreed. The best way to deal with an annoying reporter trying to push an agenda instead of focusing on what people need to know about IS to cut them off and throw them out.

The interviewer was clearly looking for fodder that he could pass around between him and his colleagues, and those who subscribe to them.

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ha, ha, love Trump for his wit, he gets everybody wrap around their panties and all in a bunch.

Trump plays them all.

Anybody that knows Trumps should now that he is sarcastic when he talks.

Love it.

edit on 2-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

The interviewer was clearly looking for fodder that he could pass around between him and his colleagues, and those who subscribe to them.

I think their tactics for getting sound bites they can legally spin and push are now well known. I am seeing a lot of them called out for their antics, like the 'reporter' trying to spin a liberal yarn in the Spicer press briefing.

It should happen more often.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shar

Trump is a family man he cares about his family and loves them, and he cares about this country!

Ahem...Yes he thinks about his family like he thinks about his country...

"she does have a very nice figure. I've said that if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I would be dating her."

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Are you a preacher? because that will be the only reason that you will bring that on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join