It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps abrupt end to CBS interview

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

is that you spicer? you are quick to defend trump every time he puts his foot in his mouth, perhaps you should apply for a position in the trump administration, they could use people like you.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shar

So lets stand behind and ignore the biggest Idiot and Pathological liar that ever held the office of the President of the United States! If he was working for any corporation as a manager, he wouldn't of survived 3 weeks! When are you and the rest of your die hard supporters going to realize this guy isn't just managing a convenient store! There are a lot of red flag issues surrounding Trump's moral character, chronic lying, immature ego, unsubstantiated attacks on the press, conflicts of interests, trying to circumvent how government operates, and his total ignorance of foreign affairs that can have a devastating affect not only for the U.S. but the entire world!

It's not just a coincidence that many people both conservatives and liberals, in addition to leaders of the free world and their citizens, are deeply concerned about this President. Bringing up past presidents and Hillary doesn't justify someone's moral character, words and their actions. Trump is an accident waiting to happen.

Growing up and acting mature means you recognize and bring to the attention wrongs, and face facts and truths no matter what political party you're affiliated with.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

is that you spicer? you are quick to defend trump every time he puts his foot in his mouth, perhaps you should apply for a position in the trump administration, they could use people like you.

He didn't put his foot in his mouth. You imagined it from a CNN headline.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Good for Trump wanting to meet with Kim (under the right conditions). Do we really want more war? No, diplomacy would be better. Past President's met with the USSR and China, no reason not to try and use diplomacy with North Korea. Had this been a democrat President liberals would praise his commitment to diplomacy and peace, but of course since it's Trump they have to violate their own ideals and claim it's something horrible.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Your sensationalizing his abuses of power as if they're unprecedented.

Let's be honest, they've all done it. And all of them have taken a serious toll on America. We could go tit for tat on that.

That doesn't make it right, but you're not going to change the minds of anyone who knows history by speaking in such extremes.

We have another president, he's likely the others with the exception of demeanor.

I don't know how many people are going to take you seriously if you don't accept that.
edit on 2-5-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

As president, you don't use the word "HONOR" to meet with a dictator who is known to have murdered members of his own family! I don't know about you, but I expect the president of the United States who represents a country that is founded on moral beliefs not to say they "honor" a dictator's whose ideology is the opposite of what most American citizens value.

Like I've said before, I agree we need to have an open dialog with our enemies, but the leader of the free world shouldn't be glamorizing Kim's murderous rise to power and making it sound like the U.S. respects the ideology of an enslaving dictator.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Lol Trump's a real tough guy the way he hides behind tweets and runs away from questions.

Republicans need to just stop defending this childish bullsh#t and start demanding something better than a bratty 5 year old to represent them.
edit on 2-5-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sounds like something Spicer would say. You don't have to watch CNN to realize Trump couldn't handle the question so he got all mad and took his ball home. Trump is a snowflake.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Let lesseanspicermisanthrope handle this. I'm sure he will twist Trump's words around and tell you what Trump actually meant.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: marg6043

trump is the one that had his panties in a bunch. he is not professional or courteous, he is rude and has zero class. he is the last person i would want to represent my country in any sort of diplomatic situation.

This is a man who has spent decades personally negotiating deals in his favor, and but for a few very public (for obvious reasons) exceptions has been well respected for it. I think we would be fortunate to have someone with that much experience negotiating on our behalf, be it trade deals, immigration, or foreign aggression.
edit on 5 2 2017 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
After watching that interview I am now certain that Trump is completely incompetent. I used to think he was just acting, but he isn't and that is far worse.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Indigo5

And has anyone on ATS mentioned that Trump has invited the dictator of the Philippines to the WH? Or said it would be an "honor" to speak with the leader of North Korea?

Just checking to see how silent ATS has become...

You act like trying to handle this diplomatically is a bad thing? What would be the better alternative, nuclear? heh...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sensationalizing? As President of the United States, you're expected to work with both Conservatives and Liberal views. He wants to bark out orders like he did for his own business and expect them to be executed. Our system of government just doesn't work that way! It's no wonder why he said he didn't expect being president was going to be so hard. His frustration and ignorance of how government operates shows he was clueless! We don't live in a dictatorship.

Sure Obama has used executive orders to by-pass congress and that is legal under the law. However, these orders do potentially undermine the foundation of our nation. That certainly doesn't justify Trump attacking members of his own party and threatening their re-election if they don't vote for his Health Care bill! He's also threatened Paul Ryan's job! I call that blackmail.

Past presidents have lied, but Trump has clearly shown he's a pathological liar! He has proven time and time again his word can't be trusted. He hasn't even tried to be civil with democrats. He's constantly attacking their leadership and congressional members. Nothing like creating divisiveness in government. He's his own worst enemy!

To say their has been past presidents who have spewed the "extensive amount" of outrageous rhetoric, "blatant lies", and threatened both members of congress along with his own advisors is unprecedented.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Sure Obama has used executive orders to by-pass congress and that is legal under the law.

Past presidents have lied, but Trump has clearly shown he's a pathological liar!

As long as it is a (D) passing orders and lying it's ok? It shouldn't be ok at all but it has evolved to the norm.

"just pawns in a chess (checkers) game" couldn't be more correct.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

He's the master at twisting Trumps words. I can't believe he hasn't quit. I would be pissed knowing I had to constantly cover for my bosses stupidity and his unwise selection of words.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Most people are talking about how Trump Abruptly ended the interview..

I actually think the whole interview is bizarre...

IMHO...Not all of the pistons are firing here...

Perhaps you have a lack of comprehension? The wire tapping/surveillance has already been brought to the forefront. There was no need in needling him about it. It was just rude! Furthermore, when the president said "wiretap" he meant the broad generalization like when someone says "I filmed that" yet they are using a digital camera...there is no film, nor video. But we get what they mean. People want so bad to take Trumps words and twist them beyond what is reality. Leftist/liberal/snowflakes/protesters....it's like they all have some virus. I'm just waiting on the whole lot to start eating brains! Believe me they need 'em!

edit on 2-5-2017 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

"Honored to do it" vs. Honored to meet Kim is a completely different comment!

C'mon Shawn shouldn't you be twisting Trumps comments in your press conference and not on ATS?

How about "the smart cookie comment?"

Trump was right-on when he said he could shoot someone and not lose voter's support. Trump supporters- if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, it definitely is not a duck!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The reason Trump doesn't answer tough questions or show any sign of honor or integrity is because he's a fake president and a traitor.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
The reason Trump doesn't answer tough questions or show any sign of honor or integrity is because he's a fake president and a traitor.

Again, your posts exemplify why Trump will be a two term president.

You just can't see it can you?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Sure Obama has used executive orders to by-pass congress and that is legal under the law.

Again, I'm going to go back to the difference is demeanor.

And to further my point I think it's more dangerous to underestimate someone who is articulate and likeable than a loose cannon.

I think we're safer under Trump, all eyes are on him.

Obama flew under the radar, and when it's all said and done, we have another president, like all the rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join