It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps abrupt end to CBS interview

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Indigo5

So I'm confused, he shouldn't talk to Kim?

I don't think he praised him, but saying it would be an honor to speak with another leader seems pretty standard.

Part of the confusion comes by design, liberals taking parts of sentences and making them into a story they can use to spin propaganda.

Here is what Trump said:

"If it would be appropriate for me to meet with him I would absolutely, I would be honoured to do it," the president told Bloomberg News. "Under the right circumstances I would meet with him." He added: "Most political people would never say that, but I’m telling you under the right circumstances I would meet with him."

Sounds to me like Trump folded under pressure. First it was one carrier group going there, then two. Then a line in the sand to not launch missiles. Now the carriers are gone, and Trump is talking up Kim and saying he would like to meet.

Not that I want war with NK, but Trump proved to the entire world with this that he's all bluster.

Ha....yep....59 Tomahawks and a MOAB....all bluster.

Pretty much..you do know that the raid wasn't exactly a secret?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It was a tweet. This is the level of discourse we're talking about here. If a journalist wants to get to the bottom of a tweet, perhaps he should tweet back or retweet or whatever it is.

It's the written word. Direct communication from the man himself with no media filter. He was asked if he stands behind his own words or not, and walked out of the interview. If he can't back up what he says, maybe he should be quiet.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Believe it or Not , but Sometimes The Punishment Must Fit the Crime if Justice is to be Served ..........

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: kaylaluv

Believe it or Not , but Sometimes The Punishment Must Fit the Crime if Justice is to be Served ..........

Because some guy beat you at poker, it means he deserves to be shot??!!!!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Or you might want to shoot a guy who beat you at poker last week. All you have to say is, "I suspected him of drug dealing". You're off the hook. Makes sooooo much sense.

Well there was a thread on /pol/ a few days ago and nearly all Philipinos agreed that those stories about him are completely fabricated and just another attempt to discredit Duerte. I believe people who actually live in there country far more than some idiot in a cubicle at a distance of 1000 miles dreamed up. The fact still remains that the rampart drug problem on the philipines took a nosedive after Duerte took his gloves off. I've got no sympathy for drug dealing scum or drug users for that matter.

My life is borderline hell since pretty much forever and i never touched any drugs nor ever will i. Illegal drugs are for weak people and i stand by that. Except the poor people who are drugged up and shipped off to god knows where they deserve far better but nobody cares. Hell i wish our police would just shoot drug dealers on sight instead we have a debate everytime a police officer used his gun with lethal force because poor criminals deserve a trial. Our news outlets are full of articles of stupid kids who took illegal drugs and winded up dead. The drug dealers even advertise it as a lethal drug and these idiots take it anyway. How retarded is that?

I'm talking about illegal drugs i don't give a f#ck if you pop vicodin like smarties or some sh!t.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It was a tweet. This is the level of discourse we're talking about here. If a journalist wants to get to the bottom of a tweet, perhaps he should tweet back or retweet or whatever it is.

It's the written word. Direct communication from the man himself with no media filter. He was asked if he stands behind his own words or not, and walked out of the interview. If he can't back up what he says, maybe he should be quiet.

Exactly... He talks too much sh#t...

And if I may channel my inner conservative... I think Trump supporters are acting a bit like right-wing sluts... like they'll take it from anyone, whoever, the sh#tty Milo's and the Trump's and the fake news sites, and it doesn't matter how in-your-face awful they are are as long as they're republican and hateful of liberals.

Republicans... you should be able find a good person who shares your views and respects you and who isn't a sh#tty human being. You have to start having some standards. It's gonna be hard to look at Republicans in the years to come when they try to pretend they actually have standards and you saw them swallow down everything Trump and the fake news sites fed them.
edit on 2-5-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Republicans... you should be able find a good person who shares your views and respects you and who isn't a sh#tty human being. You have to start having some standards. It's gonna be hard to look at Republicans in the years to come when they try to pretend they actually have standards and you saw them swallow down everything Trump and the fake news sites fed them.

Maybe the democrats can show 'em how it's done?

We are witnessing the opposite apex of the pendulum.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So you're saying that he didn't publicly state that citizens can feel free to shoot drug dealers themselves without repercussions?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Can You Really Blame Him ? How would you Like to be Interviewed by some A Hole with an Agenda that is Obviously Diametrically Opposed to Yours ? President Trump just Cut that " Tool " a New A Hole in that Interview if you " READ " it Right . Deface The Nation.................>)

Actually, I read it and several other interviews. He ignores questions, talks over the reporter, and constantly repeats himself. He's hung up on past history.

That's not "cutting a hole." That's "inability to focus on anything other than himself."

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So you're saying that he didn't publicly state that citizens can feel free to shoot drug dealers themselves without repercussions?

He actually commissioned hit squads AND he claims to have thrown one out of his helicopter.
www.newsmax.com...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Maybe the democrats can show 'em how it's done?

We are witnessing the opposite apex of the pendulum.

No, I think Republicans are in full teenage right-wing slut tantrum mode... We tried to tell them what the U.S. Intelligence Community thinks and what the free press thinks and they're like, "I don't even CARE about U.S. Intelligence-- it's stupid!" and you point out the stuff they're reading is fake news... and they scream back "No, YOU'RE fake news!" and they storm out and go slut it up with the most awful of Right-wing people who feed them all the hate they need.... and as democrats, I think we can only do so much... We're not perfect... they're in full rebellious mode...
edit on 2-5-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

No, I think Republicans are in full teenage right-wing slut tantrum mode...

I could post videos/links of actual petulance from the left wing if that's the route we need to take. I think we both know they exist if mass quantities however.

We're not perfect... they're in full rebellious mode...

As in acting like left wing teenage tantrum slut mode?

This is a reaction, not an action. I'm actually not defending Trump here as much as I'm saying that this is the result of hateful and spiteful tactics that have been used over the past eight or so years.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While I'm not a Trump supporter, I fail to see how reaching out the olive branch of diplomacy to struggling nations is a bad thing.

Former presidents are praised for opening talks with enemies or troubled governments.

And sometimes giving BILLIONS to them....

link   

In 140 characters or less. As Trump stated explicitly, he doesn't stand by anything. This is direct from the man himself.

JOHN DICKERSON: But you stand by that claim about him?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I don't stand by anything. I just-- you can take it the way you want. I think our side's been proven very strongly. And everybody's talking about it. And frankly it should be discussed. I think that is a very big surveillance of our citizens. I think it's a very big topic. And it's a topic that should be number one. And we should find out what the hell is going on.

But I wager that argument isn't even noticed, let alone considered, which is obvious by your misrepresentation.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Twist it all you like to make it fit how you want it.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

My life is borderline hell since pretty much forever and i never touched any drugs nor ever will i. Illegal drugs are for weak people and i stand by that.

I'm talking about illegal drugs i don't give a f#ck if you pop vicodin like smarties or some sh!t.

drugs are only illegal till theyre not....just saying
for #s and gigs if whatever drug was legalized tomorrow you would be cool with it? not just for weak people anymore? are they only for the weak cause theyre illegal?

just curious....not trying to get in your # about it.....subject interests me..
coming from someone that eats a lot of smarties

edit on 2-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Propaganda outlets have met their match, there's a new BSer on the block and he ain't playing by the rules.

Deal with it.

he is a grown adult with special needs...flipping through papers at his desk pretending he is a big boy...

It is outright pathetic..

Pretending, don't think so. He's the President, remember? Don't think you can get bigger than that.

"Flipping through papers at his desk" ... It's called politely ignoring a snake that wore out his welcome in the Oval Office.

What's pathetic is your post.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

a reply to: smurfy

That was journalism AI...you say something out of the box, you stand by it. And bye the bye, Trumps comments were his hearsay, also many a politic has walked out of an interview when the show is over, and it's time to answer straight, to a a straight question.

This is the level of discourse?? do you live in Australia or something, where they don't gaol people for making tweets..or maybe you don't know that people do get put in the poky, except Presidents of course...don't patronise me...sonny..

I suppose reporting on tweets could be considered fascinating, but I personally find it quite low-brow.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Give it a minute.

I think Trump might end First Amendment protections for Liars.

Personally ... I think it needs to happen.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

even in that quote you posted by him he just rambles about....
kind of like a 5 year old

i guess he sort of gets to the point eventually

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join