It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps abrupt end to CBS interview

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Where is the approval.... calling someone smart is not approval too.

Calling a dictator smart, when it's a known fact Kim executed those who questioned his authority, is definitely approval. This is more twisting Trump's words to excuse what came out of the horses mouth. If Trump is so smart and intelligent, maybe he should think before he speaks and choose his words wisely. If Obama or Hillary said the same thing, I wouldn't hesitate calling them out too! You and many Trump supporters would be doing the same. To deny that fact, would clearly show party bias, which many who are affiliated with either party are guilty of doing.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He may be a lot of speculative adjectives but he is also ABSOLUTELY watched in everything he does. I would argue more so than any past POTUS.

Oh, and who should be blamed for all that attention? Not Trump, even though a lot of what comes out of his mouth are blatant lies, and ignorant rhetoric. He's reversed many of his own campaign promises which has been caught on video. This shouldn't be news worthy???

When facts prove Trump is a pathological liar and his word can't be trusted, than he and his supporters conveniently call that "Fake news." This country prides itself on a free press and those who challenge that, want a press to be controlled by the POTUS himself. Sure the press can be wrong and bias at times, but to declare media "facts" to be fake is dangerous to our democracy.

He causes his own attention because he's an idiot. He's his own worst enemy. Issues I can stand behind him on, is lost among all his constant ignorant remarks and loss of trust.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The people "love" Kim too, whether you are correct or not. Judging something like that by the "admiration" of the people is far from ideal. Not to mention the people that blindly follow Trump even though he is screwing them in broad daylight
edit on 3-5-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Trump is not gonna put up with the fake media that pretends they are not terribly bias with liberal agendas.
To be fair Fox did the same thing to Obama and Obama complained about Fox News.None of the news media respects and Hollywood actors and liberal Institutions and respect presidents anymore and the new social media is to blame.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
If Trump is so smart and intelligent, maybe he should think before he speaks and choose his words wisely.

You are right we should have elected a professional politician, one that has done nothing in their life but school and politics. That way we can have someone that has spent decades practicing on how to say the right thing while doing nothing...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Very funny. Talk about the favorite line of Trump supporters... "Trump won, get over it." Maybe they should follow their own advice...Obama and Hillary is not the current president, get over it!

Well first it was a joke...why is the left so salty still. Second, it seems your words can be applied to anyone.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Sure ... he thinks about his country the same way that he thinks about his family: he loves them both, and sees the beauty in both.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So you're saying that he didn't publicly state that citizens can feel free to shoot drug dealers themselves without repercussions?

He actually commissioned hit squads AND he claims to have thrown one out of his helicopter.
www.newsmax.com...

And? Good riddance. Do you really think his approval rating would be that high if they hunted down innocent people? The police is still working as intended you know. It's not like law enforcement just packed up and went home. Seriously people quit believing useless media propaganda. Trump should execute every cartel member on the mexican border too. Get rid of them alltogether. Since when are people so concerned with the well being of criminals? Kill'em all for i care.

I've read up on Duerte AND the situation in the Philippines and it's not a clear black-and-white. Many people are afraid of appearing to be against him.

Nor is it completely clear that he's only executed the guilty or had them executed. There were no trials and in a lot of cases it was finger-pointing.

This is the United States, and we believe in trial before verdict. Innocents are accused. Mitigating circumstances happen. But trial by suspicion is not something that needs to be happening.

The attention of the US only empowers these people. We should empower our allies but we should use our influence to pressure others to change their behavior. Trump's attention only sanctions Duerte's heavy-handed murder squads, just as it's pushing Kim Jong Un into more aggressive posturing.

I think that most folks here who own businesses or who have owned businesses can tell you the value of making allies and of personal reputation when it comes to dealing with others. Trump apparently hasn't learned this lesson.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And what did you say at the time when Obama was bowing to the Arab leaders? Or when Clinton OK'd the massive sale of nuclear materials to the Russians?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Really give it a rest....if that is what has your panties all twisted , you need to find a hobby. Also anyone that goes on the Stern show eventually gets steered down the 'sexual talk' road. Stern is a brilliant interviewer.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Let's put it in context! He said he was a "smart cookie" on the way he gained power at such a young age. Conveniently ignoring the fact on how Kim executed his uncle and military advisors who questioned his authority. It clearly shows how Trump justified his rise to power giving his approval to Kim's immoral murderous behavior in doing so. To ignore that fact is stupidity and ignorance.

Ever hear the saying attract more flys with honey than vinegar? Kim is such a ego madman that you have to play to his ego to get him to do anything. when and if a meeting happens then you arrest him for soem BS reason.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

After he shunned off the reporter and sat at his desk, he should've just stared dead straight into the camera instead of pretending to read.

Thats what i would've done!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Dictator of the Philippines? You could not be more clueless. You mean the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT whom the people OVERWHELMINGLY support, who is doing EXACTLY what the people want him to do?

My wife is a Filipino, trust me, you are not well informed.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Where is the approval.... calling someone smart is not approval too.

Calling a dictator smart, when it's a known fact Kim executed those who questioned his authority, is definitely approval. This is more twisting Trump's words to excuse what came out of the horses mouth. If Trump is so smart and intelligent, maybe he should think before he speaks and choose his words wisely. If Obama or Hillary said the same thing, I wouldn't hesitate calling them out too! You and many Trump supporters would be doing the same. To deny that fact, would clearly show party bias, which many who are affiliated with either party are guilty of doing.

Nonsense. I think Obama is smart, but I sure never approved of the job he was doing. A master criminal is also smart. The Zodiac managed to evade capture... he must have been pretty smart too, but I sure don't approve of his (or her) murders and attacks.

Or are we supposed to pretend bad people are not smart, deny reality so we can all feel good?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Dictator of the Philippines? You could not be more clueless. You mean the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT whom the people OVERWHELMINGLY support, who is doing EXACTLY what the people want him to do?

He won with only 38% of the vote...

Here is your hero saying he wished he had raped an Australian Missionary before she was murdered.

Rape comments

At a campaign rally on April 12, 2016, Duterte told supporters that, as Mayor, he thought he "should have been first" to rape Jacqueline Hamill, an Australian missionary who was gang-raped and killed during the 1989 Davao hostage crisis. He recalled examining her corpse:

"When the bodies were brought out, they were wrapped.
I looked at her face, son of a bitch, she looks like a beautiful American actress.
Son of a bitch, what a waste.
What came to my mind was, they raped her, they lined up.
Was I angry because she was raped? Yes, that's one thing.
But she was so beautiful, I think the mayor should have been first. What a waste."

After being condemned for his comments, Duterte later apologized for the incident and acknowledged the comment as a "bad remark" saying he regretted his "gutter language" but would not apologize for being misinterpreted.

He insists though that the remark was not a "joke" as reported by some media outlets, saying that he stated it in a narrative. He further said that he was not apologizing for stating the remark reasoning that he made the remark out of "utter anger" when he recalled the events. He threatened to sever diplomatic ties with the US and Australia, if elected, after their ambassadors criticized his comments.

His daughter Sara Duterte subsequently announced on social media that she was a rape victim, but would still vote for her father.

He said that he doubted her story, jokingly referring to her as a "drama queen".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He won with only 38% of the vote...

Here is your hero saying he wished he had raped an Australian Missionary before she was murdered.

Rape comments

At a campaign rally on April 12, 2016, Duterte told supporters that, as Mayor, he thought he "should have been first" to rape Jacqueline Hamill, an Australian missionary who was gang-raped and killed during the 1989 Davao hostage crisis. He recalled examining her corpse:

"When the bodies were brought out, they were wrapped.
I looked at her face, son of a bitch, she looks like a beautiful American actress.
Son of a bitch, what a waste.
What came to my mind was, they raped her, they lined up.
Was I angry because she was raped? Yes, that's one thing.
But she was so beautiful, I think the mayor should have been first. What a waste."

After being condemned for his comments, Duterte later apologized for the incident and acknowledged the comment as a "bad remark" saying he regretted his "gutter language" but would not apologize for being misinterpreted.

He insists though that the remark was not a "joke" as reported by some media outlets, saying that he stated it in a narrative. He further said that he was not apologizing for stating the remark reasoning that he made the remark out of "utter anger" when he recalled the events. He threatened to sever diplomatic ties with the US and Australia, if elected, after their ambassadors criticized his comments.

His daughter Sara Duterte subsequently announced on social media that she was a rape victim, but would still vote for her father.

He said that he doubted her story, jokingly referring to her as a "drama queen".

en.wikipedia.org...

I missed the part where anyone claimed Duarte was their hero... all I can see is the rejection of your ridiculous claim that he is a dictator.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shar

people needs to get over the fact we have him as our President! we have dealt with 26 years of clintons, bushes, and omg obama! we have went down hill, no down a mountain for soooo long now, President Trump is a family man he cares about his family and loves them, and he cares about this country! if people's eyes are too blind to see that, its the people's fault! this country starting having riots way before President Trump came into office, he has a mess to deal with in this country and others! there is nothing wrong with reaching out to leaders of all countries! GROW UP, GET OVER IT!

Hopefully, when the nukes start flying they will invite you and your family to their lavish underground bunker with him and his family.
edit on 3-5-2017 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join