It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats say they now know exactly why Clinton lost

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Democrats know who the Deplorables really are. No "enemy" is worse than the when you meet him and he is "us" ... as in "We have met the enemy and he is us."

Clinton lost because people who voted for Obama didn't vote for her.

But new information shows that Clinton had a much bigger problem with voters who had supported President Barack Obama in 2012 but backed Trump four years later.

Those Obama-Trump voters effectively accounted for more than two-thirds of the reason Clinton lost, according to Matt Canter, a senior vice president of the Democratic political firm Global Strategy Group. In his group's analysis, about 70 percent of Clinton's failure to reach Obama's vote total in 2012 was because she lost these voters.

There was no surge of "new" voters. There were only voters who voted for Obama and then failed to vote for Clinton. You know, those "racists!"

We've been telling you this for a long time now, and the data now backs us up.

Democrats, you lost your own voters and your base isn't enough.

Each group made its assessment by analyzing voter files –– reports that show who voted in every state, and matching them to existing data about the voters, including demographic information and voting history. The groups determined how people voted — in what amounts to the most comprehensive way to analyze the electorate short of a full census.

The findings are significant for a Democratic Party, at a historic low point, that's trying to figure out how it can win back power. Much of the debate over how to proceed has centered on whether the party should try to win back working-class white voters — who make up most of the Obama-Trump voters — or focus instead on mobilizing its base.

Turning out the base is not good enough, the data suggest.

"This idea that Democrats can somehow ignore this constituency and just turn out more of our voters, the math doesn't work," Canter said. "We have to do both."

Those of you who suggest you can ignore your former blue collar base are wrong. You can't, not yet. Not and expect to win you can't. But appealing to those voters means moderating your stance which means losing your base.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ah another excuse... i guess the Russia thing isnt flying anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, it's pretty bad when union brothers and sisters would rather vote for Trump than Hillary.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No wonder why Obama tried allowing in thousands of illegals and even his appointed judges are still blocking any attempt to stop them coming in. Shows how absolutely corrupt Obama and Hillary really are.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I thought they finally figured out everyone hates Hillary.
Guess not.
edit on 2017-04-30T18:58:29-05:002201730America/Chicago4 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
But but but....Russia?

If the Dems would quit promoting the progressive commies to their forefront, dropped the PC bullcrap and put the crazies like Pelosi and Pocahantas out to pasture maybe they could come back after Trump's eight years are over.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Those Obama-Trump voters effectively accounted for more than two-thirds of the reason Clinton lost, according to Matt Canter, a senior vice president of the Democratic political firm Global Strategy Group. In his group's analysis, about 70 percent of Clinton's failure to reach Obama's vote total in 2012 was because she lost these voters.

Another nail in California's coffin where Clinton supposed got more votes than Obama did.

Trump won the popular and EC vote.

FAIR and SQUARE.
edit on 30-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Those of you who suggest you can ignore your former blue collar base are wrong. You can't, not yet. Not and expect to win you can't. But appealing to those voters means moderating your stance which means losing your base.

I don't know anybody suggesting the democrats should ignore blue collar workers. Especially when their base has blue collar workers among them. You can appeal to your base and blue collar folk without "moderating" your stance. You just can't ignore them.

Which is what Clinton's campaign did. She never spoke to them and made them feel like the enemy. I get it. Most Democratic voters get it. But the DNC didn't.

Most blue collar folk I know (which is a lot since I started working in a warehouse) support single payer, support equality, are allies to minorities, and have somewhat reasonable stances on immigration. But they felt insulted by the DNC.

And rightly so.

Trump didn't deserve to win. But neither did she. You throw that together and it's no surprise she didn't.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Abysha because: Missed stuffs

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

"It's official: Clinton swamps Trump in popular vote"

www.cnn.com...

"The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%), according to revised and certified final election results from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Clinton's 2.1% margin ranks third among defeated candidates, according to statistics from US Elections Atlas. Andrew Jackson won by more than 10% in 1824 but was denied the presidency, which went to John Quincy Adams. In 1876, Samuel Tilden received 3% more votes than Rutherford B. Hayes, who eventually triumphed by one electoral vote."

Since Hillary is a Republican who worked on Barry Goldwater's campaign maybe the reason why the blacks did not vote for her was for a specific reason:

"Hillary Clinton supported Barry Goldwater in 1964, but she didn't vote for a candidate who vowed to "re-segregate" America."

When you are pro-segregation you are NOT going to win the black vote.

But do not worry my Republican friends. The gerrymandering after the 2010 census pretty much guarantees the Republicans have nothing to fear from the Democrats for a long time.

MAGA forever!

edit on 30-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2017 by Abysha because: Goddamn phone...

link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The only way the dems will win again is with that no voter id stuff. Then they may have a slimmmmm chance.

I tried to exchange videogames at gamestop today but i couldnt because i didnt have my i.d. on me. What kind of crap is that? I cant exchange old games to get Persona5 without an id but i can still vote. Nice

link   
a reply to: c2oden

Not everyone, keep in mind she almost won.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They didn't realized that they went too extremist and too far to the left which alienated a lot of people. People don't like to be told what to do, eventually they will push back.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Clinton lost because she's the most unlikable politician to run in history. Period.

The DNC and media did everything they could to make sure Sanders wasn't the candidate, and then they're shocked that the most hated politician to run in history didn't win. Shocking.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Clinton lost because people who voted for Obama didn't vote for her.

We've known this for ages. A few of us here on ATS were comparing graphs of the election after the election.
The conclusion was exactly what is quoted above.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: garbageface

(she won the popular vote)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: c2oden

Not everyone, keep in mind she almost won.

Voting for her doesn't mean that they like her.
People who are paid to pretend to like her do not even like her.

Dogs don't even like her.
When dogs don't like you, you have a likeability problem.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am hoping the democrats will just sit it out. The GOP is going to explode the deficit and have war fronts over the globe. If democrats take the House, people will blame the democrats for the exploded deficit and wars. God is looking out for democrats and Hillary.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I don't know anybody suggesting the democrats should ignore blue collar workers. 

Hillary lost important votes when she bypassed 'rust belt' states to concentrate on campaigning with Beyonce and company.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

They didn't realized that they went too extremist and too far to the left which alienated a lot of people. People don't like to be told what to do, eventually they will push back.

Trump was more extreme than anybody in my memory. Clinton was the opposite of extreme. She was vanilla. We're all sick of vanilla.

While I'd rather have another round of vanilla, some people preferred a marmalade ball of chaos baked around a toupee.

And I don't blame them. Not enough to hate them, anyway.

Liberals made this bed and now we're all gonna have to lie awake scared in it for the next four years.

Hopefully lesson learned.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join