It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: THAAD Equipment Installation Begins In South Korea Amidst Protests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
An overnight, UNANNOUNCED operation has begun, to install components of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system at a site in South Korea.

U.S. troops in South Korea began installing the equipment of an advanced missile defense system at a site in a southeastern region of the country, facing fierce protests from local residents.

Six trailers reportedly carrying the high-profile radar of the THAAD system and other elements were seen entering the site. USFK issued no statement on the sensitive issue, but South Korea's Ministry of National Defense confirmed the start of the full-scale deployment. "The measure this time is meant to secure early operational capability by positioning some available parts first at the site," the ministry said.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
I wonder how the DPRK and their belligerent leader, Kim Jung-un will respond to this news.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Just heard about this, you're quick!!

I wonder if the US or anyone else has intel suggesting that this was indeed needed hardware.

Or are we still having a pissing contest? ? ? ?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Actually while I understand the intentions behind THAAD that's a bad move alienating South Koreans and putting it without their consent.

This will only help Fat Boy by having him say in Propaganda "See I told you South Korea is a US colony"
edit on 4/25/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 4/25/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

My guess is pissing contest. Though if they strike first it won't be hard to get the Rah Rah Rah going throughout the country for an unneeded war.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Consent is in the form of allowing Americans to have troops on your soil.

History has a fair list of possibilities with hosting that guest.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's ironic isn't it. A missile defence system could be the very thing that provokes a missile attack.

The fact that there's protests here indicated, to me at least, that America isn't being as open as they claim. The South Korean people obviously don't want this - does that even matter to the US any more? Or anyone for that matter.

Anyone claiming we're not in a NWO needs to open their eyes.

This move now directly puts the South Korean people in the firing line (as if they weren't before) with increased vigor. The US is literally insane! It's as if they're trying to provoke a response here, using the South Korean people as a pawn to start a war. It's fine as long as it's over there isn't it. We've evolved from George Carlin's brown people to Asian people too!

This is AGAIN following PNAC, and hey the next one is Iran. And GUESS WHAT, there was a stand-off with an Iranian and American vessel yesterday...... This is RIDICULOUS. I feel like I'm on crazy pills here! Why are people not noticing this? They literally spelled it out!!!!!! It's maddening.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

edit on 4/25/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on 4/25/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The two sides plan to put the THAAD unit in full operation by the end of this year, according to the ministry.

The above is quoted from the link / page provided by the op.

If this is true then speculation of a planned attack by the US any time soon seems unlikely.

Am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Governments don't truly represent their own people anymore. You know that, so why even use it as a justification.

I don't believe you either about the agricultural aspect. They're scared, full stop.

South Korea is, once again, being used as this middle go-between for America's sabre rattling and Kim's death list.

Moon Jae-in said the decision "ignored public opinion and due process" and demanded the deployment be suspended until the next administration was in place and had made its policy decision. That doesn't sound like an 'agricultural reason'.

Your position on this is slanted. Not mine.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You would think they would locate those outside of the cities. It makes the city a target when they put something like that in the city. Kim doesn't care what he bombs, he will put priority on defense systems initially though. After knocking them out, missiles will fly into the cities.

Hopefully none of this will happen, but with how messed up Kim is, I am sure there will be some missiles flying. Of course, we will not target his residence, killing him would end the war too quick.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

We do notice it. But what can we do about it??

The Republicans have full control and just can't get enough war it seems and don't mind using every dirty trick to get one started where they get to play hero.

What's worse is they are the ones starting it and aren't any kind of hero at all and yet people keep falling for it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well. I speak out of frustration. I know, realistically, there's nothing that can be done as this is a mindset that's been fostered over many years.

There's a video that I think every individual in America and it's proxy states (Britain, Israel, ect ect) need to see. They need to watch it too, none of this "it's an hour long shtick". This is the single BEST explanation for everything that's happening today, bar none! It was filmed over 25 years ago.

This is happening now, and as he states, you can NOT fix this, it's unstoppable. It will take at LEAST 15 years to fix this. That's a scary though.

My main issue is that, as an aware person, surrounded by idiots, I'm forced to constantly repress myself and check what I'm saying as to not be completely isolated in my opinion around friends and family. They're militantly against me now, they can no longer see the truth and ANYTHING I say makes it worse, even presenting evidence can make it worse. We're truly living in the scariest times.... Information doesn't mean anything to these people anymore....

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
In all honesty..this is a dog and pony show. Trying to pull his chain.

If SK was a target, and NK wanted it gone, there is nothing we could do about it.

China will NEVER, EVER, allow a proxy state of the US next to its border. Sorry, not going to happen. NK is here to stay for a long while.

Trump is a just a show-man.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
In all honesty..this is a dog and pony show. Trying to pull his chain.

If SK was a target, and NK wanted it gone, there is nothing we could do about it.

China will NEVER, EVER, allow a proxy state of the US next to its border. Sorry, not going to happen. NK is here to stay for a long while.

Trump is a just a show-man.

China won't have any problem with a different leader that is acceptable to them running the country. Kim is the one that seems unstable. They have other people that can take over that are more level headed.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
the warmachine casts its shadow ever more.

perhaps it is fueled by the American people and their psychotically​ vane ideas of status quo.

attack those weaker again and again... then write the 'history'.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

perhaps it is fueled by the American people and their psychotically​ vane ideas of status quo.

You don't have much faith in humanity eh?

I would say it's fueled by the American peoples taxes.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Unstable compared to who?

When did we all become psychologists and when did these BS nonsense threats from other countries become gospel because you saw or I saw or whomever saw it said somewhere by some a hole having a bad day.

Seriously what is wrong with this world. Does everyone not understand this is a joke? The land mass you are speaking to that may or may not be a threat is seriously not even the size of Florida.

5000 people have died meanwhile in Chicago, more than IRAQ and Afghanistan combined wars combined. One new thread about this nutcase & chief every day and his shiny new launch button, but hardly ever about our own plight and suffering here. Not to hijack the threat, but..damn.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

We would be better off cleaning up our cities than getting in conflicts in foreign countries. I never agreed with our middle eastern involvement. But with NK, kim is not someone we have actaully started a conflict with, only sanctioned him for creating massive weapons and threatening other countries. He would take over the world if he could.

I agree, we should send troups into these big cities and clean out all of the gangs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join