It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: THAAD Equipment Installation Begins In South Korea Amidst Protests

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Then we're at a crossroads as I hate it when 'dummies' act like perpetual war will bring us peace.

They had a chance to take out this despot with minimal collateral, they chose not to. Instead we're going to satisfy Raytheon and DARPA's quota for increased sales.

They're protesting it because it's a big stonking target.

They're in the firing line and have done what about it exactly? Why was America silent when North Korea threatened the world over 500 times.

I don't, and wont, support America's wars of 'convenience' that just so happen to coincide with the Project for the new American century.

Tbh I was going to stop reading at 'dummy' I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Another direct insult and I wont engage with you. Be civil.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It is sad to see that another countries citizens now will pay the price for usa safety. Just another country going down for usa. Don't they ever learn that helping usa means destruction to you. No good have ever come from helping usa

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The only reason I can see that we are in South Korea is to protect the Military Industial Complex.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
In all honesty..this is a dog and pony show. Trying to pull his chain.

If SK was a target, and NK wanted it gone, there is nothing we could do about it.

China will NEVER, EVER, allow a proxy state of the US next to its border. Sorry, not going to happen. NK is here to stay for a long while.

Trump is a just a show-man.

What if war broke out South Korea would win no doubt at all. What Thaad does is take away the nuclear option from the north. If China thought the south was going to invade most likely they would invade to.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: proximo

Then we're at a crossroads as I hate it when 'dummies' act like perpetual war will bring us peace.

They had a chance to take out this despot with minimal collateral, they chose not to. Instead we're going to satisfy Raytheon and DARPA's quota for increased sales.

They're protesting it because it's a big stonking target.

They're in the firing line and have done what about it exactly? Why was America silent when North Korea threatened the world over 500 times.

I don't, and wont, support America's wars of 'convenience' that just so happen to coincide with the Project for the new American century.

Tbh I was going to stop reading at 'dummy' I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Another direct insult and I wont engage with you. Be civil.

They are protesting because they think it will lead to a nuclear strike. They dont have the faith it cant stop the nuclear threat. Right now South Koreans fear the north will nuke them. Plus i learned while i was there they protest everything and i mean everything. They protested when camp casey decided to renovate the PX.
edit on 4/26/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Could this just be misdirection? Whats happening in Syria right now I wonder?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

BReaking THaad! ha I get it, that's a good one.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Phage

Picture taken today. Part of their live fire drill.

Look at all them targets conveniently located for one cruise missile to employ it's warhead.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I remember plenty of protest in SK when I served there, so that's not that uncommon.

But sure people are going to protest. They may believe (and perhaps rightly so), that this is being put in place as a precursor to an attack against NK. Which would cause them loss of life, homes, jobs, etc. If you lived there, would you just assume after all this sabre rattling going on by the U.S. is just that, or would you assume the worst? Trump hasn't exactly shown restraint in military matters.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

looks like one hell of a target for cluster munitions or MLRS system

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Sorry dude but it was Bush and the Neocons who got this ball rolling. It was the Neocons and the PNAC Document that stated their goals which needed to happen.

That doesn't mean I support Obama's bombing either, but this is all been planned out and known to be the stated goal of the Neocon War Hawks. The Elite Democrats I'm sure have no problem carrying the torch for them either. At that level they are basically the same.

However, it does seem to be the Neocons who love them some open war which is why we always see it so prominently displayed when they hold office.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join