It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: THAAD Equipment Installation Begins In South Korea Amidst Protests

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
It's ironic isn't it. A missile defence system could be the very thing that provokes a missile attack.

The fact that there's protests here indicated, to me at least, that America isn't being as open as they claim. The South Korean people obviously don't want this - does that even matter to the US any more? Or anyone for that matter.

Anyone claiming we're not in a NWO needs to open their eyes.

This move now directly puts the South Korean people in the firing line (as if they weren't before) with increased vigor. The US is literally insane! It's as if they're trying to provoke a response here, using the South Korean people as a pawn to start a war. It's fine as long as it's over there isn't it. We've evolved from George Carlin's brown people to Asian people too!

This is AGAIN following PNAC, and hey the next one is Iran. And GUESS WHAT, there was a stand-off with an Iranian and American vessel yesterday...... This is RIDICULOUS. I feel like I'm on crazy pills here! Why are people not noticing this? They literally spelled it out!!!!!! It's maddening.

First off some protestors does not equal most Koreans don't want them.

Second off why on earth are they protesting a defensive system that could save thousands of lives. If the majority really is against it, then they are too stupid to have a vote.

Third they are in the firing line, and have been for decades, Kim is their enemy, not a missle defense system.

I am sick of dummies thinking that pretending a threat does not exist somehow makes it disappear.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Second off why on earth are they protesting a defensive system that could save thousands of lives.

Sounds like american media spin?
edit on Ram42617v35201700000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

"If this is true then speculation of a planned attack by the US any time soon seems unlikely. *

It seems a logical conclusion. But stress tge "...If this is true.." bit!

Personally I'm puzzled as to why there is only one aircraft carrier heading toward Korea. It would make sense to send at least two, in case one is hit, surely?

Or am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Yes, protest the thing that will protect you from missiles that are probably going to be headed your way. Good lord, these protesters are dumb.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Anti-missile installations make good targets for artillery installations.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Picture taken today. Part of their live fire drill.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

LOL even better, a THAAD tank truck collection is a shiny, candy-like target, because you can't move them quickly and a few of the tank contents are somewhat toxic.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Nice to see a few people enjoying the beach.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The problem here is very complex yet simple at the same time. The simple fact is there is a huge arms race going on in the Asian/pacific area.
People in South Korea are beginning to wake up to the fact that although it seems the good powers of the world want to protect South Korea , this actually and factually isn't this case.
North Koreans and South Koreans have been made to hate each other, the Yank Military System use South Korea as a vassal and a platform from which they can attack North Korea( within an instant if nessercery) because of it's proximity to it's neighbour.
The South Korean people themselves( not the establishment although they already know this obviously) are beginning to quickly wake up to the fact that at this very moment in time WAR is EXTREMELY possible. That brings us to a 'brink scenario' and the people realise it's actually them being put in the front line! Many will argue this has always been the case but never have times been so uncertain . They realise that while the US Plays war it is them that will die not the Yanks! The USA is miles away behind the encompass line that bows and surrounds the 'Wests' enemies. They are not your enemy and they are certainly not mine but this isn't how normal people see the facts. A lot think we should 'bomb the hell out of em! # em!! But there would be only one winner here and that's the point really in these times of wars and rumours of wars only the people really suffer, the south don't want this missile defense systems because let's be honest they are for war not defense which is my main point.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well said

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Actually while I understand the intentions behind THAAD that's a bad move alienating South Koreans and putting it without their consent.

This will only help Fat Boy by having him say in Propaganda "See I told you South Korea is a US colony"

The allies signed a deal last year to deploy the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system on the peninsula to help intercept North Korea's ballistic missiles.

from the op.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Let's hope Kim is dumb enough to do it since everyone seems to be about tired of his #hit.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The Republicans have full control and just can't get enough war

Seriously? "It's the Republican's fault"? Obama dropped damn near 30 Thousand bombs in one year and you still wanna play "Blame the Republicans"?

consortiumnews.com...

bringing the total for Obama’s presidency to over 100,000 bombs and missiles striking seven countries, surpassing the 70,000 unleashed on five countries by George W. Bush.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Good point. Still though. If I had a choice, Id want it unless i lived right next to it. Do you think NK has an air force capable of reaching and striking it?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Actually while I understand the intentions behind THAAD that's a bad move alienating South Koreans and putting it without their consent.

This will only help Fat Boy by having him say in Propaganda "See I told you South Korea is a US colony"
I'll bet there's far, far more S. Koreans who do consent to this move than the few hundred 'noise makers' the news is reporting on...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

It's ironic isn't it. A missile defence system could be the very thing that provokes a missile attack.

The fact that there's protests here indicated, to me at least, that America isn't being as open as they claim. The South Korean people obviously don't want this - does that even matter to the US any more? Or anyone for that matter.

This move now directly puts the South Korean people in the firing line (as if they weren't before) with increased vigor. The US is literally insane! It's as if they're trying to provoke a response here, using the South Korean people as a pawn to start a war. It's fine as long as it's over there isn't it. We've evolved from George Carlin's brown people to Asian people too!

This is AGAIN following PNAC, and hey the next one is Iran. And GUESS WHAT, there was a stand-off with an Iranian and American vessel yesterday...... This is RIDICULOUS. I feel like I'm on crazy pills here! Why are people not noticing this? They literally spelled it out!!!!!! It's maddening.
What's really maddening is to do nothing as Obama did and you suggest...

So we/they just wait until the North has nuclear missiles pointed at every population center in the South when they will demand surrender to unification of North Korea???

I don't think so...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Some people have to learn the hard way. Like you said, they have been in the firing line for decades, but they have not seen the horrors of what a true conflict looks like.

That's the only way I can make their choices seem rational in my head. They have had it "good" for this long and now the US is poking Kimmy.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

With some posters here, everything is right vs left. They have been conditioned so much they cannot see past that. It's unfortunate. It does get frustrating when you see the same people do it for the same side in every thread... might as well combine all the threads into one.

Hopefully this admin is working with China and Russia to come to a mutual agreement on what needs to be done in NK.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

What's really maddening is to do nothing as Obama did and you suggest...

So we/they just wait until the North has nuclear missiles pointed at every population center in the South when they will demand surrender to unification of North Korea???

I don't think so...

Yes, and furthermore, if I had a drunken neighbour (it's a global village now technologically) who was always yelling over the fence about how he was going to kick my behind...and this continued to escalate to the point that he was saying loudly that one day he is going to shoot me and my family and burn down my house...I might (maybe) just think he is a harmless nut job I need to keep an eye on, but not take too seriously.

But when I started to notice that he was loading up on assault weapons and ammunition, laying in gasoline and flares, and was practising armed assault tactics with his buddies in his backyard...all aimed at devising the best ways of destroying me and my loved ones - well, I think I might just have to consider taking matters into my own hands.

Kim has a massive arsenal of conventional weapons and systems (artillery, tanks, planes...a million soldiers), chemical weapons and thousands of ballistic (and other) missiles sufficient to nearly wipe out South Korea in a preemptive attack. Not satisfied with this level of potential devastation, he has proceeded on to the development of intercontinental ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons - with the clearly stated intent of attacking and destroying the United States of America as well. He now runs videos on TV and at conferences, simulating these "glorious" thermonuclear victories.

If Kim cannot be ousted and replaced by a regime that China can tightly control (or run from behind the curtain), then it seems that South Korea and the U.S. has two choices.

1) Sit back and continue to let NK develop its military capabilities to the point that they can preemptively destroy SK with a combination of conventional and chemical weapons (so there will still be something left to rule over there), and wipe out the US mainland with nuclear weapons (radioactive fallout would be much more indirect in the NK homeland)...resulting in likely hundreds of millions of casualties (including the ultimate destruction of NK, no doubt, from American sub-based nukes).

2) Preemptively and massively strike NK is such a way as to minimize casualties in SK...but to completely destroy NK's military capabilities in a very short period of time...likely resulting in hundreds of thousands of casualties in Korea, and a few more in adjacent areas.

Obviously, the removal of the Kim Dynasty...almost certainly via the direct intervention of the Chinese...is the only good option - and may be why there are now at least 150,000 Chinese troops on the North Korean border (Kim's firepower is all aimed away from China).

The United States needs to demonstrate, in a credible way, that if China does not "solve the North Korea problem", that it will go to option #2 above very soon and without warning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join