It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw it 2 nights ago - V shape, silent, gliding through the night skies.My first sighting !!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

UFO sightings are atleast more believable, I've seen lights in the night sky do unbelievable speeds with unbelievable maneuvers, 90 degree turns on a dime.

There was a lady posting about how she always sees Big Foots during the day, yet... Zero pictures. She even made a whole story about what was happening. Makes zero sense to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I'm not sure why you posted this? Are you saying Trump is the argument ender? Or are you trying to turn this thread political?

We don't even know the context behind that tweet.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: tigertatzen

Why not a combination of both? Ours and theirs?

Fair point. I'd be happy to accept a hybrid vehicle as a possibility.

It would certainly explain the rather obvious technological leap. The secrecy, too. Although they might as well just go on and admit it...more and more people are starting to look up these days.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

With regards to your lights at night how do you work out distance size & speed

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

I say the same to everyone that claims regular sightings of supposed ufo's be prepared a few dollars buys a very powerful torch which could be used to light up even a portion of such a craft enough to get some kind of image.

Yet I will not hold my breath for anyone on here that claims regular sightings making that effort and there are lots of members who make these kind of claims.

I've actually tried that with a maglite before but it was not helpful at all. These particular craft though...they're so incredibly big. No lighting is going to really matter because the thing won't fit into a camera frame when they're right over top of you. All you get is just blackness...they're totally black and larger than a city block. Just enormous.

Now...as far as the OP sighting, which was spontaneous, it sounds like the craft was far enough away to see the whole thing at once. Probably if he had been prepared to see something out there and had a light source, the photos would have actually showed something...at least the lights on the bottom of it. Is it possible to enhance the photos and pull out an image from the darkness after the fact?

I haven't really paid attention to members here making multiple threads on personal sightings, but I get what you're saying. If someone is going out and deliberately seeking a sighting on a routine basis and never has even one attempt at capturing what they claim to find out there, it's pretty difficult to believe their stories after a while.

But when you're not expecting to see anything is typically the precise moment that you actually do, and that makes capturing anything problematic no matter how prepared you think you are. If you're able to snap yourself out of being gobsmacked long enough to get your camera out, by the time you get it ready to go, the object is either gone or so far away that it isn't even worth trying.

I think that's why so many people get blurry images. They're trying to hurry and get a shot, following a rapidly moving object, and when we get hurried and anxious, our essential tremor is more pronounced. This is an autonomic response...it's not a conscious choice. For that reason alone, I trust the blurry pics and videos over the clearer ones. If it's an alleged spontaneous sighting and it's a fake, the person wouldn't be shaky. If it were legit, chances are the person would be vibrating like a tuning fork from the adrenaline spike. It would take some serious discipline to override the limbic response to seeing something like that out of the clear blue sky...pardon the pun.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Before I get rolled for CGI, this gif I made is as close as I can get to a depiction of what I saw in '86 (South of Sydney, Oz). I was trying to locate Halley's Comet as it was leaving the solar system so I'd have a reasonable excuse for having a camera setup etc but I didn't that night and all I had was a decent pair of binoculars plus wasn't even using them when I noticed the 'object' gliding over silently from north to south.

It's just a gif that might resonate with some other observers of these things.

Can't be certain of the shape of trailing edge of it but the 3 points closely described an equilateral triangle. It had no lights so was only visible as it occulted the stars of the milky way which was directly overhead that particular night.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
As with any witness sighting that doesn't have the unachievable 'concrete proof' we can only rely on what we are told and anybody who comes forward either witnessing the same event or something extremely similar. I have only ever seen one black triangle, after having read a great deal about them in the 1990s. I saw it whilst looking at the full Moon through binoculars, the craft was black and featureless against the Moon's luminance, it was slightly wedge shaped, rounded at the rear, with two small tail-fins.

The whole sighting only lasted seconds as it glided across the face of the Moon, it was in sharp focus, as was the Moon but how close it actually was, I have no idea.

For those who are offended by Intrptr's manner...don't be...it is his 'job' to snuff-out the flame before it burns too brightly. Look at the Mood on his avatar...it says 'Iconoclastic'. Need I say any more?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
a reply to: Nairda

In terms of your senses, someone said earlier that the immediate atmosphere changes, sounds change, a sense of vertigo or nausea occurs. Can you confirm what you were feeling in terms of sounds and your physical status during the event, especially when it was directly over top of you.

ETA: Someone also suggested the technology used causes a vibration in the air.

To me it looked like the time stand still and all the ambient noise stopped for the time period of the sighting ( 20 seconds to 30 sec) .I did not noticed any other effects ( lights flickering ,power outages etc) Neither it affected my vision or caused nausea or blurred vision.It was just eerie silence while the craft passed above.It could be because I was totally focused and immersed in the experience and everything around me just did not matter anymore during that time.
Re the object itself - It did not looked like anything I ever seen.Again I am not insisting but my feeling is that is alien in origin.Another bit of info I have to add is that the craft seemed to have cloaked itself becoming invisible before it completely disappeared from my field of vision.I remember it got far away but still not far that I could not see the lights and the next moment I looked it was totally gone.
I am not trying to convince anyone of what I saw.The resemblance to the TELOS craft is quite significant except the lights under the wings but I doubt that such aircraft exist (yet...)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

when I say these things are enormous, I mean it. Some of them are miles across. If one is passing directly over your location and you are able to discern the edge of it, you can follow the rest of the outline of it with your eye and see the whole thing.

However, taking a photo would be an adventure even in broad daylight, because the size of the thing is so vast that the edges of it are outside the frame of the camera.

This reminds me of the film, I Know what I Saw. The early reports from "The Phoenix Lights" are recounted by witnesses to include such descritptions as yours. If you really saw that personally, then what a marvel. Other case witnesses in the film described such 'mother ships' as well.

But there weren't any photos there, either. With all these "miles wide", giant as the horizon wedge reports, I need to see one lousy pic!

Otherwise, some flightful Independance Day fancy there.

.o2

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nairda

As you said, the silence you experienced might have been due to your shift of attentive focus.

Also possible is the sound absorbing effect of a million cubic feet of hydrogen or helium contained in a non-acoustically reflective envelope.

Had a similar experience every time I'd stand next to one of our prototypes, even though they were much, much smaller than what you saw.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Also possible is the sound absorbing effect of a million cubic feet of hydrogen or helium contained in a non-acoustically reflective envelope.

Just out of curiosity, would you theoretically get the same effect if it was a vaacum contained in a non-acoustically reflectiv envelope?
And how close would you need to be for this effect to be noticable?

BT

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Yes. Probably.

Remember, the more dense the material, the faster/better sound propagates through the material.

Sound travels faster through water than through air, for example.

And sound travels through a volume of air faster than it does through a similar volume of helium (at similar pressures).

As to your second question, it depends on how large a volume of gas we're talking about.

More = Farther.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
Everyone is bothered by something, even you. If you claim otherwise, then you need to debunk yourself.

What does that have to do with critical analysis and the process of elimination in regards to reported sightings?

Oh wait, I'll simplify. Lets say its pitch dark, the city lights (or the full moon reflecting off a lake) light up the white under bellies of a flock of birds passing silently overhead. You go, My god! Its a huge, silent, V shaped, UFO passing overhead...

if it was still light, you would know that in a heart beat...

...obviously

But its totally dark, and all you see is the V shaped outline of 'lights'. There is a famous photo from the past imo, just such a sighting, but still misconstrued in the archives.

Three professors from Texas Technical College spotted an unusual light formation flying over Lubbock, Texas in 1951. The 20 to 30 lights flew in a 'V' shape ...

1951, Lubock Texas

Sooo.... before we begin to entertain other possibilities from eye witness reports, we need to eliminate all the other 'possibiliities', including misidentification.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy
a reply to: intrptr

Not about me mate, just your general unpleasant demeanour.

I'm direct.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Thats great, Nairda!

These sightings are very rare and for good reason. Most populated cities are polluted with city lights, this gives a horrible contrast when looking at the night sky which is naturally beautifully lit by stars.

Another thing, most people dont spend enough time looking up, and if they do.. time and place for these craft must be exact to wherever they are. Which is improbable given the air space of our planet...

November 18th 2016, 10:25PM. I witnessed TWO of these craft almost right over my house in Alberta, Canada.
Had the feelling of going to the back porch with my shepard, and we sat together as I gazed the constellations.

I looked at Cassieopia, as i turned my head/view my eyes picked up the most subtle motion in the blackness of the sky. At that moment my eyes fixated on a very large triangular vehicle!

Exactly as you and hundreds of others have described. Closely watched this thing for about 8 seconds, as it passed over from backyard region to the front of the house (heading NE > SW).

I quickly ran through the house and through the front door to follow its flight path, but within the 2 seconds it took me, it was absolutely gone. There was no motion i could pick up as if it vanished.

I ran back to the backyard, my dog still waiting. Fascinated and a bit mind fu#d at the sheer size of what i just witnessed.

I locked on the region of the first vehicle's flight path, about 50seconds later another one came out if thin air!
Trying to maintain focus and suppress excitment.. i watch this thing like a cat on prey.. it was 2/3rds the size of the first one, following same flight path.

About 3-4 seconds watching this second-smaller craft, is vanished before my eyes! POOF. Gone. As if some stealth or invisible capability was activated.

Mind blown.

The first and only other time I saw such a large triangular vehicle that vanished before my eyes... February 23rd, 2010 at 10:45PM South East Ontario.

I do believe they are man's technolgy hidden in secret. The amount of $ the controllers of this planet accumlate and unaccounted for, in the trillions probably... enough to build such a thing and keep only those who need to know, in the know.

Its a shame people think smartphones, cars and planes are the spoils of our technological advances.. yet something more unimaginable is happening behind our backs.

Great experience Naira, glad you finally witnessed one. Ontario is a hotspot, i lived there for 20 years, and saw over a dozen unknown craft and plasma-like lights flying around. Keep looking up

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Birds with lights on them?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

If it disappears behind a cloud probably is pretty high up, if it's able to streak from one horizon to the other horizon to disappear behind trees, it's probably going pretty fast.

It's not bugs, I live in northern Sask, with the sighting happening at night in the winter at my cabin far from any town or city lights.
edit on 26-4-2017 by WhyDidIJoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: torok67

How did you determine they were lights?

Edit: The moon is 'lit up' too...
edit on 26-4-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: torok67

How did you determine they were lights?

Edit: The moon is 'lit up' too...

i have never seen a flying V hold a perfect formation for longer than a few seconds and that can drown out ambient noise have you? not to mention a V that blots out the stars as it flys.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Thats great, Nairda!

These sightings are very rare and for good reason. Most populated cities are polluted with city lights, this gives a horrible contrast when looking at the night sky which is naturally beautifully lit by stars.

Another thing, most people dont spend enough time looking up, and if they do.. time and place for these craft must be exact to wherever they are. Which is improbable given the air space of our planet...

November 18th 2016, 10:25PM. I witnessed TWO of these craft almost right over my house in Alberta, Canada.
Had the feelling of going to the back porch with my shepard, and we sat together as I gazed the constellations.

I looked at Cassieopia, as i turned my head/view my eyes picked up the most subtle motion in the blackness of the sky. At that moment my eyes fixated on a very large triangular vehicle!

Exactly as you and hundreds of others have described. Closely watched this thing for about 8 seconds, as it passed over from backyard region to the front of the house (heading NE > SW).

I quickly ran through the house and through the front door to follow its flight path, but within the 2 seconds it took me, it was absolutely gone. There was no motion i could pick up as if it vanished.

I ran back to the backyard, my dog still waiting. Fascinated and a bit mind fu#d at the sheer size of what i just witnessed.

I locked on the region of the first vehicle's flight path, about 50seconds later another one came out if thin air!
Trying to maintain focus and suppress excitment.. i watch this thing like a cat on prey.. it was 2/3rds the size of the first one, following same flight path.

About 3-4 seconds watching this second-smaller craft, is vanished before my eyes! POOF. Gone. As if some stealth or invisible capability was activated.

Mind blown.

The first and only other time I saw such a large triangular vehicle that vanished before my eyes... February 23rd, 2010 at 10:45PM South East Ontario.

I do believe they are man's technolgy hidden in secret. The amount of $ the controllers of this planet accumlate and unaccounted for, in the trillions probably... enough to build such a thing and keep only those who need to know, in the know.

Its a shame people think smartphones, cars and planes are the spoils of our technological advances.. yet something more unimaginable is happening behind our backs.

Great experience Naira, glad you finally witnessed one. Ontario is a hotspot, i lived there for 20 years, and saw over a dozen unknown craft and plasma-like lights flying around. Keep looking up

I agree.I was a bit surprised to see it flying above the city .That can only mean one thing ..they are very confident in the stealth capabilities of the flying craft and also that they are not worried too much about being observed.Just looking on the net found this video ( below).I believe a night vision scope connected to a camera will easily detect those crafts ( versus trying to get pics with a smart phone) The V shaped craft in the video has similar flight characteristics to the flying craft I have observed.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-4-2017 by Nairda because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join