It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Being Gay Natural or is it Just Another Human Behavior Brain Disorder - (Controversial)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
alright, i've got to out [got a lot of being gay to do]
but before i go i just wanted to get this out;

i am in love with my girlfriend.
utterly, totally, hearts entwined forever type love.
She has changed my life in uncountable ways and lifted me up like i didn't even know i could be.
We belong together, just being near each other makes us both better, more complete humans.
And there are people here - so many people - who think nothing of calling to have that ripped wholesale from me....
and in the name of a CURE?

well let me tell you right now, i reject that notion with every single fiber of my being.
i literally can't put this in strong enough words, i am revolted right to the core.
Don't you DARE act like this is some sort of altruistic wish, to be fixing broken brains.
You want to shatter homes. You want to separate soulmates.
You want to take relationships built over decades of trial and persecution, forged against fires of hatred and ignorance and render all the struggles of our lives meaningless.

Do not call it a cure, that you wish to pluck the wings from angels and sentence them to crawl amongst your mortal filth.

link   
a reply to: JaneJonesLOLXD

Scientific evidence that homsexuality exists?

My goodness ... have you been away from the planet for a while?

link   
a reply to: JaneJonesLOLXD

LOL.

Ok...so say you gave a 1000 people a psychiatric test that included no question of sexual orientation. Let me know what markers would be found for a disorder.

All other disorders cross all boundaries and can be found without directly asking a question. As a matter of fact they HAVE to be found without asking a direct question because those with the disorder don't realize they have one until someone tells them they have one.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Why is everyone so hostile?

It's just a debate.

On one side, there is scientific evidence to suggest homosexuality is a disorder.

On the other side there is, what, a vote?

Hmm, think I'm going to go with the scientific community on this one.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: Denoli
Well im more likely to believe in ADAM and EVE not ADAM and STEVE

Well if you believe that old bible story and support it as your comment suggest, then it means you are in favour of incest.

Are your incestuous leanings a brain disorder or natural?

The truly funny thing is believing in an imaginary friend would be considered a disorder by many. I consider religious literalists to be much more mentally challenged than most with a diagnosis of a mental disorder.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaneJonesLOLXD

It's just a debate.

On one side, there is scientific evidence to suggest homosexuality is a disorder.

No...actually there isn't any scientific evidence to suggest it's a mental disorder. If the scientists didn't know the person was gay by asking, they would never be able to prove it....

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

It's just a debate.

Well bring the scientific evidence that suggests that homosexuality is a disorder and we'll see.

edit on 20-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

She has changed my life in uncountable ways and lifted me up like i didn't even know i could be.
We belong together, just being near each other makes us both better, more complete humans.
And there are people here - so many people - who think nothing of calling to have that ripped wholesale from me....

well let me tell you right now, i reject that notion with every single fiber of my being.
i literally can't put this in strong enough words, i am revolted right to the core.
Don't you DARE act like this is some sort of altruistic wish, to be fixing broken brains.
You want to take relationships built over decades of trial and persecution, forged against fires of hatred and ignorance and render all the struggles of our lives meaningless.

Do not call it a cure, that you wish to pluck the wings from angels and sentence them to crawl amongst your mortal filth.

I know it can't be easy. I feel bad for you, I really do. Having an epiphany that what all you think is real, is just but a mental defect can't be easy.

There may be some support groups near you that could help you. I hope you do not feel too bad. Mental illness is a horrible thing, a daily battle.

All the best.
edit on 20-4-2017 by JaneJonesLOLXD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

It's just a debate.

Still waiting to see this proof.

Back in the day, it was seen as a social abnormality which wasn't understood by small minded people. As research(?) progressed and people realised that it was bigotry causing this "mental illness" to be recognised.

All you seem to offer is rehashed posts based on earlier posts.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

I already posted an external link to a scientific study.

The only external link / sources to argue that homosexuality is not a disorder, was just a vote. It wasn't even an overwhelming majority either.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I know it can't be easy. I feel bad for you, I really do. Having an epiphany that what all you think is real, is just but a mental defect can't be easy.

There may be some support groups near you that could help you. I hope you do not feel too bad. Mental illness is a horrible thing, a daily battle.

All the best.

Hopefully there are some near you as well. Sounds like a religious angle for you. How's the invisible being working out? Did Santa bring you what you asked for in the letter to the North Pole?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
All you neanderthals asking for scientific proof. Please read the thread!

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

All the best.

Hopefully there are some near you as well. Sounds like a religious angle for you. How's the invisible being working out? Did Santa bring you what you asked for in the letter to the North Pole?

I am an atheist.

link   

The only external link / sources to argue that homosexuality is not a disorder, was just a vote. It wasn't even an overwhelming majority either.

Please repost the link because unless over 5000 scientists were involved in the study, it would be just a single scientists view. Also, did this scientific study include asking the volunteers if they were gay or did it go with the scientific method of having to figure that out based on baseline questions?

Your argument is becoming less valid the more vapid you become.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

It's just a debate.

it's because how would you like it if a group of people were constantly claiming that your attraction to your life partner is a disorder, your love is irrelevant, and that science would ~cure~ you of it if it wasn't being suppressed by some shadowy agenda?

and don't get hostile sweaty, this continual throwing of pathetically ignorant stones at a foundational aspect of your being is just a debate but it can never go the other way just calm down and accept how many people hate your existence

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Seen only one link from you and its about the vote.

You just come across as a troll or a bigot. Take your pick

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Why does someone fancy anyone?
I'm not sure any doctor could tell you why I always had a thing for redheads. I do though.
Or why women find men attractive in general?

Understanding why some people fancy who they do is pretty much beyond my ken but it's not any of my business either.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

It is something nature makes us do according to population density. When you cram lots of rats together beyond the ability of their environment to meet their needs (emotional needs are as important as other needs and even more so as emotions DICTATE behavior unless you are Buddha Himself) some of them turn gay because they need the affection and emotion as much if not more than food. It is a brain change as a response to survival because nature would find it better for men to have sex with other men rather than the illness in mind and body of repeated sexual frustration year after year and emotional misery of loneliness with no contact and affection (that kills people quite literally in big numbers). Why do people use prostitutes? That proves my point.

www.reddit.com...

In 1954, John B. Calhoun conducted the following experiment on Norway rats: In his first series of tests, he placed 32 to 56 rodents in a 10- by 14-foot case in a barn on a Montgomery County farm. Using electrified partitions, he divided the space into four rooms. Each was designed to support 12 adult brown Norway rats. Rats could move between the rooms only via the ramps he built. Because Calhoun provided unlimited water and food as well as protection from predators, disease and weather, the critters were said to be in “rat utopia” or “mouse paradise,”

The following was a result of this experiment: As the scientist observed, a social hierarchy developed: One despot male and 9 females claimed the two defensible pens with only one ramp provided; 60 others crowded into the other 2 pens with two ramps. Calhoun found that “rodent utopia” rapidly became “hell.”

The explanation of this dynamic might be the fact that men don't find much use in other men, aside from them working for them, so they get rid of them if they win the competition with other men. However, they can use the women for sex, so they try to gather as many of them as possible. Considering that the vast majority of people on /r/foreveralone are men, that would men that the men who do get women get a disproportionate share of them, which would be a similar phenomenon on a smaller scale.

He described the onset of several pathologies: violence and aggression, with rats in the crowded pen “going berserk, attacking females, juveniles and less-active males.” There was also “sexual deviance.” Rats became hypersexual, pursuing females relentlessly even when not in heat.

Calhoun's experiments are usually treated as a warning of what may happen due to overpopulation, but I think they might also tell as something about the dynamics of human sexual market.

Scientists have said that chemical triggers might bring out alternative sexual behavior. I see that as more of a reaction than a cause. It could happen that constant sexual frustration makes more of certain chemicals that influence the individual to consider sex where it can be found more readily (in other males). Obviously there is something in the brain that triggers emotions (receptivity of feeling and reaction to environment and opportunities and resource constraints) and those emotions trigger a behavioral response, anything from sexual deviance to the serial killer phenomenon.

www.lse.ac.uk...

Unable to control the frequency of social contact, the rats became increasingly stressed. Males became aggressive and some formed gangs, attacking females and the young. Mothers neglected their infants, failing to construct proper nests and even abandoning or attacking their pups. One group of males isolated themselves from the community around them and became exclusively homosexual. Cannibalism began – first of the abandoned young, then of the victims of violence.

I think the triggers for women are different to men. For women it is a way to avoid having kids and having one's behavior dominated by a male. A lot of women simply don't want to have to do all that stuff. They want to keep their bodies looking good, have freedom, not be overshadowed by men and not have to put out every time the man requires it. It becomes a vicious circle because men become even more sexually promiscuous and women get less interested because it is too in their faces all the time. They opt for sisterhood and the empathy of a lesbian relationship.

In a war situation traditionally women change behavior and go quite in the opposite direction. This is nature at work quite simply. Obvious that the control mechanisms and triggers are present and that is most likely to be chemical triggers as that is how the brain does its thing.

Peace is no good if you wanna get laid, lol, fellas. The rich man has it all. Happy tugging on your heart string or go find another guy. This thing is here to stay and the situation will only continue to get worse.

Welcome to Rat Hell! Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...SQUEAK!

I don't blame us. I blame the systems we have for making this hell. Our society resembles Calhoun's "10- by 14-foot case in a barn", thanks to corporate "cannibalism". I tried to tell you Grace was right, lol:

This ain't no matrix. It is a glass tube full of rats on a sinking ship. All the above behaviors we are being plagued by (homosexuality and lesbianism not a plague, I meant the other crazy behaviors) in our totally hierarchically abused and exploited, overpopulated, under privileged and under resourced RAT HELL!

edit on 20-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Now this is a topic i have thought long and hard
about but i belive it is nigh unanswerable until we are able to perfect the science of the mind for a 100% definite answer.

First for perspective as i dont want people being angry (as that should be beneath us all), i generally dislike both liberal and conservative points of view as well as allowing emotion to cloud your thoughts, as i for one follow no one point of view.

To address the topic at hand i do not know if it is a mental disorder or not although i dont believe it is nor do i belive it is genetic and people are just "born that way". For i believe that you are not born any way but that you have zero preference, no attraction either way just as you are not good or bad but a blank slate to be imprinted upon by the world and your experiences and thus cause and effect will determine if your gay, straight, or whatever.

Purely for discussions sake as it has made me think, i have a very good friend who is gay who only recently became so over the past few years, now he has slept with women and men but he questions his decision to be gay as he has told me he feels wrong inside, that there is some form of fluxuation inside. Now some could see this as him being discouraged from it but this is not the case as his family and friends are fully accepting of this, now he has been bothered by mental health issues for a long time and has wondered if this or the medication could be the cause of him being gay and i have told him that i dont know and he has to find out for himself, he has also expressed that he wants to be "cured" of it but claims no one will take him seriously, and instead doctors have suggested gender conversion therapy to which he has flat out refused, saying that he wants to remain a man and like women but cannot. So this is what has me confused as to what could be the cause of peoples prefrences as he cant be the only one feeling trapped doing something he dosent fully want.

I think the human mind is simply too complex for us to understand but i do think we need to accept people for who they are as our minds are what makes us us, and until we can alter them through direct interferance eg. cybernetics no one has the right to dictate how another should think no matter thier thought on a matter.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

Sorry I didn't notice the category this thread was under. I thought the question was being asked in a general, what's your opinion, type of way. Please return to your sciencing.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join