It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Being Gay Natural or is it Just Another Human Behavior Brain Disorder - (Controversial)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I actually believe that everyone is attracted more to one sex or the other, but if you put a blindfold on and both sexes give you a BJ...let me know when you can tell the difference.

While you may not associate this with being one or the other, your body will react to both the same when you have no sense of sight. Imagine you've been blind and deaf your whole life....you would have no reference point for attraction other than your body's arousal. Homosexuality has been around and documented for ages. The only reason it is scorned us because of religion because religion wants us to believe the Adam and eve story and that we are only here to procreate.

Anywho...good subject for me as I have a gay couple in my family that I have talked to at length about many of these questions.

Absolutely right. The use of the word "gay" is no longer purely descriptive of homosexual interests. I can personally testify that there are many people in the world that identify themselves as "straight" in society that don't mind a "roll in the hay" with whomever is willing.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove

I believe its a type of disorder

Reason: all other animals instinctively are attracted to members of the opposite sex.

This is an undeniable fact

Hmmm...actually not true. There are plenty of animals that have homosexual relations. Ever had a dog? They will hump either sex and even go for some human beastiality...

This.

So now we need to question on if it really is a mental disorder, or just mother nature having a reason for some mammals to be gay.

Very interesting subject.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

Monkeys have sex with trees and fling poo at eachother.

If a human did that, would it not be a sign of mental disorder because monkeys do it?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: JaneJonesLOLXD

originally posted by: Denoli
Well im more likely to believe in ADAM and EVE not ADAM and STEVE

So the human race is nothing more than inbred hillbillies?
Back on topic. Homosexuality is not a brain disorder and that has already been proven.

Thanks for providing all your sources and evidence! That was nice of you!

When Homosexuality Stopped Being a Mental Disorder
It hasn't been considered a disorder since 1987. My apologies for not including a link that explains something that has been common knowledge for decades.

Prior to it being labelled a disorder it wasn't a disorder either....religion is the cause of it being labelled such and only because it did not allow for procreation really.

Hard to believe anyone could think it a disorder really. Masturbating would have to be a disorder under the standards too I guess.

Probably one of the only topics you and I have ever agreed on...
edit on 4/20/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

"Being gay" is a matter of identity. Based on recent statistics, around 2-5% of the American population, for example is "gay."

Having sexual interest in the same gender has a much higher prevalence ... among males (Men who have Sex with Men) it's been measured as high as 16% of the population.

If you really want to have a discussion of a medical "condition" or a psychological "disorder" you're going to have to do a lot better in the specificity of your terminology.

If as your "ARMOR ON" comment suggests, you really just wanted to poke a commonly sensitive topic, that's a different matter.

There are far more disturbing and prevalent mental disorders that do far more damage than who one has intimate relations with ... like for example the wars and violence waged over different religious understandings of imaginary figures, which is clearly schizotypal.

Now stats like this make me think there is a 'gay agenda'... 2-5% of Americans are homosexual? Then why does EVERY new series or movie have a gay couple/person? Bit off topic I know. But interesting if this is a mental halth issue.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Reason: all other animals instinctively are attracted to members of the opposite sex.

Hmmm...actually not true. There are plenty of animals that have homosexual relations. Ever had a dog? They will hump either sex and even go for some human beastiality...

Do you think mental disorders are exclusive to humans?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Of course not.
But I guess we can agree on that humans are more affected by mental disorders.

You know how harsh mother nature is? Animals born with mental disorders wont live long in the nature, as it is a bad trait.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Prior to it being labelled a disorder it wasn't a disorder either....religion is the cause of it being labelled such...

Bullcrap. No one taught me to throw up in my mouth a little at the site of 2 men kissing.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

No, but I am not one that thinks of gay as a disorder. It doesn't inhibit the one being gay in any way other than society not thinking it's normal. A gay person still has all the parts and ability to procreate.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

Every new series or movie doesn't have a gay couple or person in it.

Studies and statistics vary based on description. However ... your perceptions may be related to this phenomena: Americans Greatly Overestimate Percent Gay, Lesbian in U.S. -- Gallup

There's a number of socio-cultural factors that result in that situation none of which are some covert "gay agenda" or a return to description of same-sex interests as pathological.
edit on 20-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Prior to it being labelled a disorder it wasn't a disorder either....religion is the cause of it being labelled such...

Bullcrap. No one taught me to throw up in my mouth a little at the site of 2 men kissing.

Some people would say the same of biracial couple. Does that make it a disorder?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yet most people who think like this have no issue with two women kissing or having full blown sex

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaneJonesLOLXD

So the human race is nothing more than inbred hillbillies?
Back on topic. Homosexuality is not a brain disorder and that has already been proven.

Thanks for providing all your sources and evidence! That was nice of you!

When Homosexuality Stopped Being a Mental Disorder
It hasn't been considered a disorder since 1987. My apologies for not including a link that explains something that has been common knowledge for decades.

Oh this is great! This is just BRILLIANT. Here is the [sarcasm] SCIENTIFIC [/sarcasm] reason why homosexuality ceased to be called a disorder... (I will quote from your link above):

In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) asked all members attending its convention to vote on whether they believed homosexuality to be a mental disorder. 5,854 psychiatrists voted to remove homosexuality from the DSM, and 3,810 to retain it.

So there's the SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that homosexuality is not a disorder.

*Pause for delicious dramatic effect.*

A VOTE!!!!

LMAO! A VOTE!!

Yeah, because don't forget about all the social and political pressure.

So it boiled down to less than 10,000 people voting. No scientific evidence, no research, no papers, no psychiatric test evaluations... A VOTE!!

Lol. I think I'll take a vote that pigs can fly. If I get enough people voting for, then I guess that means pigs fly right?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

Dude.

You have never been on a farm gave you.

Meet Lizzie the Lessie cow

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: firefromabove

Dude.

You have never been on a farm gave you.

Meet Lizzie the Lessie cow

p0rn hub mooooooooove over!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneJonesLOLXD

Are you part of the Flying Pigs Agenda? ARE YOU?

Homosexuality is a human trait. Nothing about it necessitates a pathological designation.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: JaneJonesLOLXD

Are you part of the Flying Pigs Agenda? ARE YOU?

Homosexuality is a human trait. Nothing about it necessitates a pathological designation.

Scientific evidence please?

Oh, you got none? Oh.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

LOL

Sadly what went through my head was the song Milkshake

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Well if you believe that old bible story and support it as your comment suggest, then it means you are in favour of incest.

Are your incestuous leanings a brain disorder or natural?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Denoli you are oviously the smartes person here because what you just said encapsilated the truth of the fact of the matter in on single sentence you are a hundred percent correct cause the bible doesn't talk about Adam n Steve it talks about Adam and Eve and that's what's wrong with lefty Libs it's good to have friends like you when everyone else is just talking nonsense.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join