It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Being Gay Natural or is it Just Another Human Behavior Brain Disorder - (Controversial)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaneJonesLOLXD
You are right in that there is not sufficient evidence (for EITHER side). Thus, this is why this debate rages on, and will likely rage on, in thread after thread on web forum after web forum...

It's not a baby it's a fetus. If it could survive after the umbilical cord is cut then it's a baby. But how a woman's body is used to feed a fetus is up to the mother to decide. It's her body. Get big government out of women's bodies!

Whoops, wrong thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
If I am right (and logic suggests I am) what are the implications of that for the future?

I believe that the only logic that you have is your own internal monologue. As you have definitely not presented any solid evidence to back that claim.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Your opinion I can live with.

There is absolutely no way in 1,000 years I would have chosen to be gay.

But given that I am, I would not change back for all the tea in China either.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

If I am right (and logic suggests I am) what are the implications of that for the future?
What a whopper if it is determined in the future proven to be a disorder when we better understand how the brains wiring works or does not in some cases resulting in disorders.
And I believe it will be along with many other puzzling conditions. And being gay is a condition with a non-natural root cause!

Are you gay? How do you know being gay is a condition with a non-natural root cause?

Most gay people I have talked with say their body reacts chemically in sexual way the same way straight people react to people of the opposite sex. They say it's not a choice but a natural way their body works. People seem to be born gay. So who are you going to fix, God?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I actually believe that everyone is attracted more to one sex or the other, but if you put a blindfold on and both sexes give you a BJ...let me know when you can tell the difference.

While you may not associate this with being one or the other, your body will react to both the same when you have no sense of sight. Imagine you've been blind and deaf your whole life....you would have no reference point for attraction other than your body's arousal. Homosexuality has been around and documented for ages. The only reason it is scorned us because of religion because religion wants us to believe the Adam and eve story and that we are only here to procreate.

Anywho...good subject for me as I have a gay couple in my family that I have talked to at length about many of these questions.

Absolutely right. The use of the word "gay" is no longer purely descriptive of homosexual interests. I can personally testify that there are many people in the world that identify themselves as "straight" in society that don't mind a "roll in the hay" with whomever is willing.
That's not driven by a condition but rather about curiosity of mind wondering what its like. But a desire for one thing or another is driven by a process in the brain (natural one or a defective one)!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

I believe that the only logic that you have is your own internal monologue. As you have definitely not presented any solid evidence to back that claim.

I'm just amazed by how so many people have an opinion on this subject but do not ask gay people what their opinion is on the topic. Just amazing.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You'd probably first need to actually research the issue and come up with something that isn't just opinion based on nothing but your feelings about the issue.

EVEN THEN, the idea of it being a 'brain disorder' or mental illness, is highly subjective, considering that in order for it to be a defect or a disorder it would have to negatively impact the people who have it.

How are gay people negatively impacted by being gay? What kind of health risks does it pose on its own? The answer is none and 0. Actually that first bit isn't true, they are negatively affected by so called 'non mentality ill, non defective, straight people' who for some reason decided to give these people a hard time for what again, amounts to you having an issue based in your own silly feelings about it and nothing more.

There has never been a logical or scientific reason to believe your opinion, other than religious/moral conditioning and bigotry, which implies that they know what is best for other people.

Wild and outlandish claims require suitable evidence or must be disregarded as nonsense.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

If its a mental disorder it means that in the future if someone doesn't feel comfortable with themselves or hates themselves then they can be offered the magical pill.

But its not, so that's not going to happen. People need to be more understanding of other peoples lives. If two consenting adults have feelings for each other and there is no legal reason for them not to be together, then they should be allowed to live their lives like the rest of this sad miserable planet

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: continuousThunder
alright, i've got to out [got a lot of being gay to do]
but before i go i just wanted to get this out;

i am in love with my girlfriend.
utterly, totally, hearts entwined forever type love.
She has changed my life in uncountable ways and lifted me up like i didn't even know i could be.
We belong together, just being near each other makes us both better, more complete humans.
And there are people here - so many people - who think nothing of calling to have that ripped wholesale from me....
and in the name of a CURE?

well let me tell you right now, i reject that notion with every single fiber of my being.
i literally can't put this in strong enough words, i am revolted right to the core.
Don't you DARE act like this is some sort of altruistic wish, to be fixing broken brains.
You want to shatter homes. You want to separate soulmates.
You want to take relationships built over decades of trial and persecution, forged against fires of hatred and ignorance and render all the struggles of our lives meaningless.

Do not call it a cure, that you wish to pluck the wings from angels and sentence them to crawl amongst your mortal filth.

I know it can't be easy. I feel bad for you, I really do. Having an epiphany that what all you think is real, is just but a mental defect can't be easy.

There may be some support groups near you that could help you. I hope you do not feel too bad. Mental illness is a horrible thing, a daily battle.

All the best.

Hopefully there are some near you as well. Sounds like a religious angle for you. How's the invisible being working out? Did Santa bring you what you asked for in the letter to the North Pole?

I am an atheist.
So am I! Oh and not gay.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree 100% with what you said.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
God to gays - " Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, gay."

God said that people!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

If its a mental disorder it means that in the future if someone doesn't feel comfortable with themselves or hates themselves then they can be offered the magical pill.

But its not, so that's not going to happen. People need to be more understanding of other peoples lives. If two consenting adults have feelings for each other and there is no legal reason for them not to be together, then they should be allowed to live their lives like the rest of this sad miserable planet

I'm not turned on by women with thick wiring black hair. Does that mean I will need a pill? I like my women to have soft hair. I don't know why. I just do. Does that mean I have a mental disorder?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'm just amazed by how so many people have an opinion on this subject but do not ask gay people what their opinion is on the topic. Just amazing.

But if it is actually a mental health issue then it is a bit like asking an undiagnosed schizophrenic to comment on their condition. Or asking a heroin addict how they feel about their addiction.

Again. I am not saying it is.

A fellow poster highlighted a few pages back that until we completely understand psychology we may never be able to determine this.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Slightly confused by that reply, but my reply was the big "IF" that RP2 said, the actual truth is the second part, its not a mental issue, its nature until proven otherwise.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
God to gays - " Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, gay."

God said that people!

Do you honestly think God did not know what was going to happen to the apple in the garden with a naked woman prancing about? I think God knew what he was doing when he created gay people.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Ding ding ding! Like I said earlier, check the DSM. Every disorder listed therein requires the behavior to have a negative impact on the person's life. Every negative thing about homosexuality does not stem from the behavior but from society.

Thus, not a disorder.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

originally posted by: dfnj2015

But if it is actually a mental health issue then it is a bit like asking an undiagnosed schizophrenic to comment on their condition. Or asking a heroin addict how they feel about their addiction.

Again. I am not saying it is.

A fellow poster highlighted a few pages back that until we completely understand psychology we may never be able to determine this.

But if it is actually a mental health issue then it is a bit like asking an undiagnosed schizophrenic to comment on their condition.
- A gentleman I play poker with was diagnosed, even before he was he wanted it to change, he wanted to be free

Or asking a heroin addict how they feel about their addiction.
- Neighbour hates his addiction and wants to change but he doesnt have the will power.

That argument doesnt hold up against something natural

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Yep.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Still going at it? Are you sure you're not a little bit curious? You seem to be infatuated.

My girlfriend is genuinely interested with my mistress when under the covers. --is that a mental disorder as well?

Or are you still just jealous that people find love and ecstasy in different ways?

If we knew your web-browsing history, I'm sure we wouldn't be in this nonsense thread watching you back into a corner swinging for dear life.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It appears to me that this thread has many posters who are either gay or have gay tendencies (ill) and the denial that being gay is a disorder is very apparent but that is what I would have expected. So the thread exercise it's self is kinda indicative that being gay is logically a disorder!

If your foot or your hand makes you behave in a gay way then the fault lies with the foot or the hand (they would need fixing). However, if it is actually your brain and its processes, connections, wiring etc that drives your behavior then its your brain that needs fixing/treatment in order for it to be able to operate in a normal/natural way. Otherwise it will continue to operate/function behaviorally in an unnatural and defective way. "In a way that urges you to be gay"!

So being gay is a disorder, plain and simple. Get used to it, accept it and wait for the treatment and then you too can have a natural relationship and not a sore butt!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join