It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Being Gay Natural or is it Just Another Human Behavior Brain Disorder - (Controversial)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

originally posted by: JaneJonesLOLXD
a reply to: thekaboose

I already posted an external link to a scientific study.

The only external link / sources to argue that homosexuality is not a disorder, was just a vote. It wasn't even an overwhelming majority either.

Seen only one link from you and its about the vote.

You just come across as a troll or a bigot. Take your pick

Well, if you only saw one link I posted, then you didn't look hard enough.

Not that I expect you to look too hard anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

In my time growing up 40 years ago. If you showed gay trades it was beaten out of you. Same with learning disabilities and anxiety disorder est. so i will stick with ould school. I stick with nature made males and females. Men and woman. For a reason. To populate and sustain growth. If nature intended to have gays then we would have been born with the ability to multiply by division like a cell.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

In my time growing up 40 years ago. If you showed gay trades it was beaten out of you. Same with learning disabilities and anxiety disorder est. so i will stick with ould school. I stick with nature made males and females. Men and woman. For a reason. To populate and sustain growth. If nature intended to have gays then we would have been born with the ability to multiply by division like a cell.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I always find it amusing, that no matter how civil I am in the thread, I always get personal attacks - called an idiot, a bigot, a homophobe, a troll.

Yet, I attacked no-one.

Well, they say attack is the best form of defense. Good luck! Hope all you guys feel better soon!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
No it is not a disorder. Look at the DSM. For something to be a disorder it must have a negative impact on the person's life. A homosexual can live a perfectly happy, normal, successful life. Where problems stem from is the way that society has stigmatized homosexuality. Without that the prevalence of anxiety, depression, etc would reach levels seen in the rest of the population.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I don't like mustard, it's a known scientific fact that mustard is disgusting. I think that everyone who actually likes mustard is suffering from a brain disorder, and one day the world will recognize the errors of it's ways in a blinding flash of awareness, and I will never again have to ask for my burger without mustard, because there will be no more mustard anywhere!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Why is everyone so hostile?

It's just a debate.

On one side, there is scientific evidence to suggest homosexuality is a disorder.

On the other side there is, what, a vote?

Hmm, think I'm going to go with the scientific community on this one.

You can't really call it a disorder. It is a response. Look how much of the animal kingdom demonstrates this behavior. It is obviously natural and nature uses it as a control mechanism in its flawed attempts at constant damage limitation and control. What a bloody mess it all is, too. Nobody said the universe and matter ain't messy.

en.wikipedia.org...

African buffalo[21] African elephant[22] Agile wallaby[23] Amazon river dolphin[19] American bison[21][24] Antelope[25] Asian elephant[26] Asiatic mouflon[27] Atlantic spotted dolphin[19] Australian sea lion[28] Barasingha[29] Barbary sheep[30] Beluga[19] Bharal[31] Bighorn sheep[30] Black bear[32] Blackbuck[33] Black-footed rock wallaby[23] Black-tailed deer[29] Bonin flying fox[34] Bonnet macaque[13] Bonobo[35][36][37] Bottlenose dolphin[19][38] Bowhead whale[19] Brazilian guinea pig[39] Bridled dolphin[19] Brown bear[32] Brown capuchin[40] Brown long-eared bat[41] Brown rat[42] Buffalo[30] Caribou[43] Cat (domestic)[44] Cattle (domestic)[45] Chacma baboon[46] Cheetah[26] Chital[47] Collared peccary[48] Commerson's dolphin[19] Common brushtail possum[49] Common chimpanzee[50] Common dolphin[19] Common marmoset[40] Common pipistrelle[51] Common raccoon[52] Common tree shrew[53] Cotton-top tamarin[54] Crab-eating macaque[13] Crested black macaque[13] Dall's sheep[30] Daubenton's bat[41] Dog (domestic)[55] Donkey[56] Doria's tree kangaroo[23] Dugong[57] Dwarf cavy[39] Dwarf mongoose[58] Eastern cottontail rabbit[42] Eastern grey kangaroo[23] Elk[29] Euro (a subspecies of wallaroo)[23] European bison[21] Fallow deer[29] False killer whale[19] Fat-tailed dunnart[59] Fin whale[19] Fox[60] Gazelle[25] Gelada baboon[61] Giraffe[4][25][62] Goat (domestic)[30] Golden monkey[63] Gorilla[64] Grant's gazelle[25] Grey-headed flying fox[41] Grey seal[28] Grey squirrel[65] Grey whale[19][20] Grey wolf[66] Grizzly bear[32] Guinea pig (domestic)[39] Hamadryas baboon[61] Hamster (domestic)[39] Hanuman langur[67] Harbor porpoise[68] Harbor seal[28] Himalayan tahr[69] Hoary marmot[70] Horse (domestic)[71] Human (see Human sexual behavior) Indian fruit bat[41] Indian muntjac[72] Indian rhinoceros[73] Japanese macaque[13] Javelina[74] Kangaroo rat[42] Killer whale[19] Koala[75] Kob[14][76] Larga seal[28] Least chipmunk[65] Lechwe[76] Lesser bushbaby[77] Lion[26][78][79][80][81][82] Lion-tailed macaque[13] Lion tamarin[40] Little brown bat[41] Livingstone's fruit bat[41] Long-eared hedgehog[83] Long-footed tree shrew[53] Macaque[84] Markhor[85] Marten[52] Moco[86] Mohol galago[77] Moor macaque[13] Moose[87] Mountain goat[30] Mountain tree shrew[53] Mountain zebra[88] Mouse (domestic)[89] Moustached tamarin[54] Mule deer[29] Musk-ox[90] Natterer's bat[41] New Zealand sea lion[28] Nilgiri langur[67] Noctule[51] North American porcupine[91] Northern elephant seal[28] Northern fur seal[28] Northern quoll[59] Olympic marmot[92] Orangutan[93] Pacific striped dolphin[19] Patas monkey[94] Pere David's deer[29] Pig (domestic)[95] Pig-tailed macaque[13] Plains zebra[96] Polar bear[32] Pretty-faced wallaby[23] Proboscis monkey[63] Pronghorn[97] Przewalski's horse[88] Pudú[47] Puku[98] Quokka[99] Rabbit[100] Raccoon[52] Raccoon dog[101] Red deer[29] Red fox[102] Red kangaroo[23] Red-necked wallaby[23] Red squirrel[65] Reeves's muntjac[72] Reindeer[43] Rhesus macaque[13] Right whale[19] Rock cavy[39] Rodrigues fruit bat[41] Roe deer[29] Rufous bettong[103] Rufous-naped tamarin[54] Rufous rat kangaroo[23] Saddle-back tamarin[54] Savanna baboon[61] Sea otter[104] Serotine bat[41] Sheep (domestic)[30][105] Siamang[106] Sika deer[29] Slender tree shrew[53] Sooty mangabey[94] Sperm whale[19] Spinifex hopping mouse[42] Spinner dolphin[19] Spotted hyena[15][18] Spotted seal[28] Squirrel monkey[107] Striped dolphin[19] Stuart's marsupial mouse[108] Sika deer[109] Stumptail macaque[13] Swamp deer[29] Swamp wallaby[23] Takhi[88] Talapoin[94] Tammar wallaby[23] Tasmanian devil[108] Tibetan macaque[110] Tasmanian rat kangaroo[23] Thinhorn sheep[30] Thomson's gazelle[25] Tiger[111] Tonkean macaque[13] Tucuxi[112] Urial[113] Vampire bat[41] Verreaux's sifaka[114] Vervet[94] Vicuna[115] Walrus[116][117] Wapiti[118] Warthog[119] Waterbuck[120] Water buffalo[30] Weeper capuchin[40] Western grey kangaroo[23] West Indian manatee[121] Whiptail wallaby[23] White-faced capuchin[40] White-fronted capuchin[40] White-handed gibbon[122] White-lipped peccary[123] White-tailed deer[29] Wild cavy[39] Wild goat[30] Wisent[21] Yellow-bellied marmot[109] Yellow-footed rock wallaby[23]

Lol! Pretty normal then. Don't blame people. "We are what we are" so the horror movie informs me!

Gay Vampire Bats, lol.
. My imagination has now gone quite insane so I better stop writing.

edit on 20-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: therealfreeworld

So we should still be beating on gay people, people with anxiety and people with learning disorders?
edit on 20-4-2017 by wheresthebody because: manners

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I don't like mustard, it's a known scientific fact that mustard is disgusting. I think that everyone who actually likes mustard is suffering from a brain disorder, and one day the world will recognize the errors of it's ways in a blinding flash of awareness, and I will never again have to ask for my burger without mustard, because there will be no more mustard anywhere!

Known scientific fact that Mustard is disgusting? How so. Please provide links LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The problem is it's NOT a scientific fact that mustard is NOT disgusting.

There's a certain degree of shifting the burden of proof here.

So far in the thread, there actually IS scientific evidence of mustard being disgusting.

The only evidence contrary is a vote by 9,500 people - around 6,000 of which voted mustard was NOT disgusting.
edit on 20-4-2017 by JaneJonesLOLXD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Lol, you fascist. I love mustard. I live for it.

You mustard hater. I will grow moldy locks and attack you with a bike chain.

(Just proving your point for you, Sir, please forgive the humour).

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I already posted an external link to a scientific study.

The only external link / sources to argue that homosexuality is not a disorder, was just a vote. It wasn't even an overwhelming majority either.

Seen only one link from you and its about the vote.

You just come across as a troll or a bigot. Take your pick

Well, if you only saw one link I posted, then you didn't look hard enough.

Not that I expect you to look too hard anyway.

8 pages at the time, only one of them had a link on it posted by you, post them again and I will simply apologise.

As for the "never insult anyone" cr4p below:

originally posted by: continuousThunder
alright, i've got to out [got a lot of being gay to do]
but before i go i just wanted to get this out;

i am in love with my girlfriend.
utterly, totally, hearts entwined forever type love.
She has changed my life in uncountable ways and lifted me up like i didn't even know i could be.
We belong together, just being near each other makes us both better, more complete humans.
And there are people here - so many people - who think nothing of calling to have that ripped wholesale from me....
and in the name of a CURE?

well let me tell you right now, i reject that notion with every single fiber of my being.
i literally can't put this in strong enough words, i am revolted right to the core.
Don't you DARE act like this is some sort of altruistic wish, to be fixing broken brains.
You want to shatter homes. You want to separate soulmates.
You want to take relationships built over decades of trial and persecution, forged against fires of hatred and ignorance and render all the struggles of our lives meaningless.

Do not call it a cure, that you wish to pluck the wings from angels and sentence them to crawl amongst your mortal filth.

I know it can't be easy. I feel bad for you, I really do. Having an epiphany that what all you think is real, is just but a mental defect can't be easy.

There may be some support groups near you that could help you. I hope you do not feel too bad. Mental illness is a horrible thing, a daily battle.

All the best.

That is a thinly veiled troll/insult there.

Like I have said in my replies, if I am shown proof then I will concede. This just seems like a thread designed to gay bash in a polite manor.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Why is everyone so hostile?

It's just a debate.

On one side, there is scientific evidence to suggest homosexuality is a disorder.

On the other side there is, what, a vote?

Hmm, think I'm going to go with the scientific community on this one.

Yeah, nahh on the other side there is the animal kingdom which despite Mr 'Undeniable Fact's' assertion is rife with homosexual tendencies. That cow pic I posted earlier is not a fake or a one off thing for instance. During mating season all cows go total lesbian. Having grown up on a dairy farm, I've witnessed poor old Mr Bull actually have to bunt other horny cows out of the way so he can 'do his job'

So there is that

Plus science is very much divided on what causes homosexuality. So if you are sticking with science, all science can do on the subject is shrug it's shoulders and say 'I do not know the answer yet' Which is fine with me.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I agree. I am bipolar and said "ouch" out loud when I read that. It is very low, even lower than Elvis' "Way Down" song.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I think my link was on page 7. I'm not going to clutter the thread by reposting it.

I was sincere in my post to that person who was professing their love to their partner. I honestly do not wish to insult anyone - but I appreciate this is a controversial subject and thus, insulting people is probably just collateral damage.

I do not wish to "gay-bash", and would never gay-bash etc, but I can see how it seems like this, I mean, come on - the subject matter of this thread is highly controversial. It's not like I'm posting bible quotes and saying gay people need to burn in hell etc.

I'm honestly trying to debate this as constructively as possible.

For anyone that I may have offended, I really am sorry, that is not the purpose of my posts. It's just debate. That's all.

All the best.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I think my link was on page 7. I'm not going to clutter the thread by reposting it.

I was sincere in my post to that person who was professing their love to their partner. I honestly do not wish to insult anyone - but I appreciate this is a controversial subject and thus, insulting people is probably just collateral damage.

I do not wish to "gay-bash", and would never gay-bash etc, but I can see how it seems like this, I mean, come on - the subject matter of this thread is highly controversial. It's not like I'm posting bible quotes and saying gay people need to burn in hell etc.

For anyone that I may have offended, I really am sorry, that is not the purpose of my posts. It's just debate. That's all.

All the best.

"Homosexuality may be caused by chemical modifications to DNA"

Imprints from Father to daughter, mother to son. In DNA.... not stating its a mental illness.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
In the animal kingdom some frogs are able to change their sex if the population in their environment is unfavorable. What if now I just came up with tthis idea so bare with me.

In the last 100 years the human population has doubled. From 4 to 8 billion. If that continues...

What if it's a switch in our DNA that turns some to the opposite sex to keep the population down. a natural population control. Or the government is doing it. But homosexuality has been around for a a thousand years if not more.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Yeah, right - I mean, I'm open to other theories. My main point is that there is a "defect" somewhere, whether a DNA defect due to chemical changes or a mental defect.

Maybe it's not a brain disorder, but it's certainly not the result of a perfectly functioning biological system.

I'm going to bet that chemical changes in DNA will result in the brain functioning differently though. So in a round about way, yeah, it will result in the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Then present facts.

I may have replied in less than serious form in many of my posts in this thread, but not a single new or unique argument that has not already been debunked many times over has been presented so far.

When someone presents something interesting and genuinely new with scientific data (ie links we can read), I will take them seriously and a discussion can form.

Otherwise, this thread is nothing more than a troll fest.

edit on 20-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Prior to it being labelled a disorder it wasn't a disorder either....religion is the cause of it being labelled such...

Bullcrap. No one taught me to throw up in my mouth a little at the site of 2 men kissing.

Yet most people who think like this have no issue with two women kissing or having full blown sex

Which only reinforces my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join