It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-North Korea Nuclear War ‘May Break Out at Any Moment,’ Pyongyang’s UN Ambassador Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Kind of weird that Kim says the US is pushing this whole thing. Assad said much the same thing last week. But of course, both of them are stark raving mad, so who is really going to take either of them seriously, right? Bless their confused, delusional little hearts. Mm hm...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If it came to war it wouldn't be much of one. Unfortunately a lot of people would die, however, the way I read it the US and allied casualties will be kept at a smaller number by the overwhelming use of force. Sooner that fat boy's ability to wage war is ended the less that he can do. The US knows where all of the vital targets are and they have contingency plans set. Kim starts killing US or allies and it's curtains for the little fat sh!t. There may be lots of survivors in NK in underground shelters but his ability to wage war would be gone.

It would have been better to do this before he could deliver nuclear devices like 7-8 years ago. But, you know. Now with range and reliability of his nuclear arsenal in question it would be a better time than in say another 6-7 years when he has weapons that could be a match for ours in yield, range, and reliability.

edit on 17-4-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The Cult of Personality is a problematic form of government.

Famines and civil wars can be expected.

The world is too small to inherit entire countries.

Assad and Kim are hopefully the last of their kind.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

seeing the situation from north korea's perspective, every time the united states gathers a military force next to a sovereign nation, the u.s. invades and topples the government.

north korea has reason to be worried.

Uhhh , how long has the US had military in South Korea ? Just an idiot Demented Child King spouting insanity.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Taking in to consideration that the US, South Korea, Japan, China, Russia have been manoeuvring their military assets gives you some what an idea that NK is up to some thing and there is usually a lot more to it than the mainstream media hype lets on. Over the many many years NK has been making threats like this and those threats have been brushed off and laughed down at. It would need to be some thing really really credible of a threat to provoke such a response.

NK doesn't like western diplomacy or deals not met with conditions that favour NK be it economy or militarily. One thing is for sure NK will not give up their nuclear program because it's their ambition is to create long range WMD'S capable of targeting what they'd see as aggression. You only have to look at the propaganda in NK and how everyone everyday lives to be prepared to go to war from birth till death.

Tomorrow is a different day and things may blow over.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What again? Over 50 years of the exact same thing. From Kimmie's grandpa, pa-pa, and the little punk kid himself.

And he's not a politician but a dictator...zero experience, crazy maybe...but dont think he'll order the death of his people and entire country...

But then again...he is nutz
edit on 17-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
whywhynot:

The US knows where all of the vital targets are and they have contingency plans set.

The simplistic mindsets of many Americans is truly something to behold. So, the US knows where all the vital targets are? Two thoughts for you. The recent missile test that failed gave away position, something for the American fleet to attack, but what if the test was meant to fail and to give a false position? Most of NK's missiles are launched off the back of a trailer, the fleet won't know where they are until they are detected at launch.

NK truly believe that they only defence is to use the nukes they have. They believe that while they have them, they will not be attacked. So when they do get attacked, they will respond with those nukes. You can kiss your carrier fleet goodbye.

If NK uses their nukes, all nuclear-armed countries will go to their second highest level of readiness. I should think America will have a nuclear sub underneath the carrier fleet for good measure, and if the carrier fleet are attacked by a nuke/s, the sub will launch their nuclear payload. If this happens, the thing to ponder is...do all the other countries launch as well? Can they afford to wait and see how things pan out?

One thing you can be sure of, and it is a gamble Trump will have been advised on. If NK is pre-emptively struck, it will be with conventional weaponry. They will respond with what nukes they already have available, and that makes the whole thing truly problematic, because America will have to resort to using tactical nukes from elsewhere, and neither China or Russia will tolerate that. It'll simply kick things up to a nuclear exchange on the mainlands of each country.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
Taking in to consideration that the US, South Korea, Japan, China, Russia have been manoeuvring their military assets gives you some what an idea that NK is up to some thing and there is usually a lot more to it than the mainstream media hype lets on.

True but I'm not sure if that was always the case or simply less people were reporting such things via social media.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Thermo-nuclear war? They can't even launch a rocket successfully. We'll flash-fry that place before 'Lil Kim even presses his launch button.

I got a kick out of that "Thermo-nuclear war" prediction too. What the twerp doesn't understand is that all the Thermo-Nuclear will be on his home soil..not ours.

Unfortunately though, China, Japan, and South Korea would become uninhabitable as well. Thank-goodness our technology is so precise that this won't happen. We have more than enough conventional smart-weapons to totally neutralize Kim Jong's military in less than 3 days.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Agreed to the umpteenth degree. There's way to much over simplification by the people here, to the point that it's sickening.

All of the bluster about how quickly the US and allies will squash out the DPRK is uneducated, overly nationalistic BS. The situation with engaging North Korea is more problematic than just wiping them off the map. Russia, Iran, and China will get involved if it comes to a shooting match. And everyone here seems to be ignoring this little thing called NUCLEAR WEAPONS. South Korea and Japan are within easy reach, Not to mention that if a KN-08 or a KN-14 have been successfully fitted with a warhead the Norks could reach out and touch the western US as far as Chicago.

I recommend reading up on the intelligence reports from these two very well educated men:
David S. Maxwell
Joseph DeTrani

Shelf the simple replies and read up. DPRK is not some pushover.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There is a LOT of mis-information swirling around about this NK situation.

The truth is, no-one really knows what is actually going on, who's telling the truth etc etc.

For example. The USS Carl Vinson strike group arriving by the 15th, and the rumors that 2 other strike groups are massing in Korea.

As it turns out, both of those are lies, apparently. The Carl Vinson strike group might perhaps show up in the area around the 25th, but there is no indication that it even has anything to DO with the tensions in NK, and it was never anywhere NEAR Korea by the 15th. I don't know about anybody else, but this kind of thing PISSES me off! This stupid fake world we are living in, I'm SICK of it.

Here's where I got this latest Intel.

US carrier still thousands of miles from Korea

It's not really OUR fault for believing all of it, because we only "think" we know what's going on because we trust what we see on NBC and ABC, CNN, and even independent sources on this subject all over the internet!

It's like waking up everyday only to learn that yesterday's news never actually happened at all. EVERYTHING is a fairy tale in today's world. Even things we learned in school like radiation is bad is going all haywire. Yesterday, yes JUST yesterday, I found out Pizza wasn't even an invention of the Italians. It's all fake lies, everywhere. LOL, I may be being a bit dramatic, but not really! This is BS!

I guess all we can do is believe all Hell is breaking lose only when it happens in our backyard. Until then, who KNOWS what is real and what isn't.
edit on 17-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's amusing the hindsight by people here - they are essentially blaming Obama for apparently not invading NK. Because obviously there was nothing else he could do. He placed sanctions against NK.. there was nothing else we could do. And do you really think back then, when they were just starting to really build up their arsenal, that any country would have been accepting of an invasion of NK? I guarantee China would not have been.

But don't let your hate of Obama blind you to actual facts.

The truth is there is one country that could have had any real impact.. China. And they chose to do nothing. They were fine with their coal-trading, buffer buddies. Only now, in February, did they bother to not accept coal from NK. Oops.. a bit late.

I'm on the fence with NK, but think of it this way. In 8 years, lil' Kim is still in power.. just how powerful will their arsenal be then? Then, it may well truly be past the point to stop them. China and the U.S. need to work together to stomp out this problem before it becomes irreversible. I highly recommend diplomatic solutions, because together, I think they could come up with a plan to defang NK. If either balks, then what? Do we just turn a blind eye for another 8 years, and Kim has a score of ICBM ready to launch, and many nuclear powered subs prowling around the oceans?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Just to be clear, this guy is aware of the ruler of NK right? That little kim jong dude with the poor haircut. The one who has been threatening the world on a daily basis and doing about whatever he likes, regardless of the rest of the world's opinion? It sure sounds like he hasn't a clue about any of that.

Isn't that basically American foreign policy in a nutshell though?
The irony.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Fat little girl leader Kimmy couldn't fight a case of hemmorhoids.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Thermo-nuclear war? They can't even launch a rocket successfully. We'll flash-fry that place before 'Lil Kim even presses his launch button.

That's a very arrogant position to take with the ninth nuclear power in the world. Not wise.

Yawn. Not arrogant, realistic. Ninth? That's like #1 playing #9 at Wimbledon. We have more than 3,000 nuclear warheads, 'Lil Kim has about four, if he's lucky. And our satellites will disable them even before they left the ground.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
whywhynot:

The US knows where all of the vital targets are and they have contingency plans set.

The simplistic mindsets of many Americans is truly something to behold. So, the US knows where all the vital targets are? Two thoughts for you. The recent missile test that failed gave away position, something for the American fleet to attack, but what if the test was meant to fail and to give a false position? Most of NK's missiles are launched off the back of a trailer, the fleet won't know where they are until they are detected at launch.

NK truly believe that they only defence is to use the nukes they have. They believe that while they have them, they will not be attacked. So when they do get attacked, they will respond with those nukes. You can kiss your carrier fleet goodbye.

If NK uses their nukes, all nuclear-armed countries will go to their second highest level of readiness. I should think America will have a nuclear sub underneath the carrier fleet for good measure, and if the carrier fleet are attacked by a nuke/s, the sub will launch their nuclear payload. If this happens, the thing to ponder is...do all the other countries launch as well? Can they afford to wait and see how things pan out?

One thing you can be sure of, and it is a gamble Trump will have been advised on. If NK is pre-emptively struck, it will be with conventional weaponry. They will respond with what nukes they already have available, and that makes the whole thing truly problematic, because America will have to resort to using tactical nukes from elsewhere, and neither China or Russia will tolerate that. It'll simply kick things up to a nuclear exchange on the mainlands of each country.

The entire premise of your post is unfounded and illogical. The USA will not attack NK first. Then, if the USA and allies were finally forced to defend themselves to prevent large scale death Why would other nuclear countries launch just because the USA and allies begin a counter attack on N K ? Simply no purpose to it. NK gets wiped and it really solves everyone's problem. In my post I never said that the USA and allies would use nuclear devices. They may but the likely countermeasure to a NK attack would be massive conventional bombs, artiliary and missles taking out command and control also targets that could hit Seoul and other USA and allies assets.

And, how do you know that the USA doesn't know the locations of all vital military targets? Unless you are in a senior position in the military or the intelligence community you really don't know the intel gathering capability of the USA. And, if you are in such a position you wouldn't talk about it. Much of the secret capabilities of the US military isn't known until years later well after it is decommissioned.

Yes, you can be sure that it's a gamble. It's my prospective that the gamble is better taken before he further develops his nuclear capability.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I got a kick out of that "Thermo-nuclear war" prediction too. What the twerp doesn't understand is that all the Thermo-Nuclear will be on his home soil..not ours.

Unfortunately though, China, Japan, and South Korea would become uninhabitable as well. Thank-goodness our technology is so precise that this won't happen. We have more than enough conventional smart-weapons to totally neutralize Kim Jong's military in less than 3 days.

.....and China will make damn-well sure Kim doesn't have the chance to make their land uninhabitable.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

MAJOR THANKS for that ACCURATE UPDATE, Wookiep! The Defense Department publications are always the most accurate, as long as the Russians haven't hacked them.

In this case, there are other publications confirming what you said about the 25th of April being the date when all 3 carrier battle groups may be near North Korea. Here's one of them.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
DPRK chose this path.

Us or them?

That is the choice Mr.Kim offers.

We tolerate belligerent threats until he acts on them.

Or we put a stop to the charade?

No easy solution seems possible.

Giving him more time just increases the danger.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
It's amusing the hindsight by people here - they are essentially blaming Obama for apparently not invading NK. Because obviously there was nothing else he could do. He placed sanctions against NK.. there was nothing else we could do. And do you really think back then, when they were just starting to really build up their arsenal, that any country would have been accepting of an invasion of NK? I guarantee China would not have been.

But don't let your hate of Obama blind you to actual facts.

The truth is there is one country that could have had any real impact.. China. And they chose to do nothing. They were fine with their coal-trading, buffer buddies. Only now, in February, did they bother to not accept coal from NK. Oops.. a bit late.

I'm on the fence with NK, but think of it this way. In 8 years, lil' Kim is still in power.. just how powerful will their arsenal be then? Then, it may well truly be past the point to stop them. China and the U.S. need to work together to stomp out this problem before it becomes irreversible. I highly recommend diplomatic solutions, because together, I think they could come up with a plan to defang NK. If either balks, then what? Do we just turn a blind eye for another 8 years, and Kim has a score of ICBM ready to launch, and many nuclear powered subs prowling around the oceans?

Just coincidence that China makes several strong moves to help the USA after a meeting with Trump. Hmmmm

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join