It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-North Korea Nuclear War ‘May Break Out at Any Moment,’ Pyongyang’s UN Ambassador Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

North Korea’s deputy ambassador to the United Nations, Kim In-ryong, said at a press conference Monday that the United States has “created a dangerous situation in which a thermo-nuclear war may break out at any moment.”

World U.S.-North Korea Nuclear War ‘May Break Out at Any Moment,’ Pyongyang’s UN Ambassador Says Jason Le Miere,Newsweek 5 hours ago Comments Like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email North Korea’s deputy ambassador to the United Nations, Kim In-ryong, said at a press conference Monday that the United States has “created a dangerous situation in which a thermo-nuclear war may break out at any moment.” Related: Mike Pence Reminds North Korea It Could Be in for Same Treatment As Syria and Afghanistan The comments come at a time of rapidly increasing tension between North Korea and the United States over its continued nuclear and missile tests. Speaking at the United Nations headquarters in New York, Kim excoriated the U.S. for more than 30 minutes, stating that it was solely to blame for an escalation in rhetoric and the push toward military confrontation.

www.yahoo.com...

Probably just hype, or not? Are things escalating in your opinion, or stalling?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Just to be clear, this guy is aware of the ruler of NK right? That little kim jong dude with the poor haircut. The one who has been threatening the world on a daily basis and doing about whatever he likes, regardless of the rest of the world's opinion? It sure sounds like he hasn't a clue about any of that.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think President Trump has handled things quite brilliantly, thus far. The problem is, there is often a very fine line between genius, and insanity... I'm praying for the former.

Obama's policy of strategic apathy never worked. Ignoring a problem is easy. Ignoring it forever is impossible...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
U.S.-North Korea Nuclear War ‘May Break Out at Any Moment,’ Pyongyang’s UN Ambassador Says

They just LOVE banging them war drums.

They keep at it sooner or later they are going to get taken seriously.

Then someone might start bringing freedom and democracy to No Ko.

Absolutely the last thing the loony little tyrant tea pot spout wants.
edit on 17-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
"Kim In-ryong"

gotta love the name

more like "Kim I'm-wrong"

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is probably same old drama that has beeing going on for longer then I live. During the times when I was still watching TV and heard "North Korea" I was automatically switching my hearing off. This time however it feels like something is up but most likely will end like it used to.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So NK asked time and time again to not be provoked, or escalate the situation, then the VP basically gives a 'dare' to another government and no one is batting an eye.

What's going on here...
Why is the US bullying other nations which can't defend themselves. I didn't see any threats against Russia during the Crimea ordeal... Did anyone?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Why a laser was not etched across the chest of Un on the 15th, during the Day of The Sun parade, from a satellite for the entire DRPK staged show to witness is beyond me? It would be the way I shared the Intel with the DRPK public that they are way behind the curve of what all the cool war mongering countries are doing nowadays.

All the missile exchanges are nothing more than to keep the war dollars flowing.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

seeing the situation from north korea's perspective, every time the united states gathers a military force next to a sovereign nation, the u.s. invades and topples the government.

north korea has reason to be worried.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Thermo-nuclear war? They can't even launch a rocket successfully. We'll flash-fry that place before 'Lil Kim even presses his launch button.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If the guy is looking for a fight, give him a fight. I usually find that big mouths aren't looking for a fight, they just want to intimidate you. But, if he really is looking for a fight, let's punch him in the mouth

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

First off, they can defend themselves (the DPRK). They're a nuclear state with an arsenal of usable nuclear weapons.
Please see this post from another related thread:

originally posted by: AnonyMason

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Lysergic

I guess they want to show the world they can get a nuke to its target before showing off more nuclear abilities ?

North Korea already has the ability to get a nuke anywhere it may want to in the world. They have some highly developed shipping routes and ample ability to supply a nuclear weapon to a third party actor that would be able to deploy it without the use of a ballistic missile.

In the more conventional sense, the ballistic missiles that everyone seems to be more worried about are called the KN-08 and the KN-14. These are supposedly the ones that can be fitted with a nuclear warhead. It's foolish to underestimate North Korea. Any engagement with them is going to get really bloody, really fast. And they are obviously not opposed to using their nuclear arsenal.

The Carl Vinson carrier group is still about 3,500 miles away from the DPRK. Once it gets closer you can expect the rhetoric to ramp up quite a bit. Foal Eagle 2017 is already underway and will get much bigger once the Carl Vinson arrives later this month. Be ready for some fireworks, then. These exercises are always considered offensive to the DPRK and under such heightened tensions as we have right now they may just be the spark that lights the North Korean fire everyone apparently wants to see.

NK Missile Aresenal
Foal Eagle 2017

Second, in this case it's not the United States who are acting offensively. North Korea has constantly tested their missiles in a belligerent and dangerous fashion by pointing them over the Sea of Japan, proving that they are fully capable of nuking Seul or hitting Japan. North Korea needs to be put in check, there's no doubt about that. But it would be very unwise to rush into something with the DPRK. They have a military reserve force of about 7 million men, they have a dated, but formidable conventional weapons array including artillery, mobile missiles, armored forces, and a small air force. If a conflict broke out there's no doubt that eventually the South Korean military and the US would eventually defeat them, but the biggest worry and the reason the DPRK and Kim Jong-Un need to be respected and NOT underestimated is because they have nukes. Thats the game changer.

Col. David S. Maxwell (ret) and Joseph De Trani (CIA, President INSA) have both cautioned extreme care with regards to jacking around with the DPRK. They already have the ability, worldwide, to deploy a nuclear WMD any where. Just because it's not by ICBM doesn't make it any less of a real threat. POTUS should consider his actions carefully.
edit on 17-4-2017 by AnonyMason because: spelling errors

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Thermo-nuclear war? They can't even launch a rocket successfully. We'll flash-fry that place before 'Lil Kim even presses his launch button.

That's a very arrogant position to take with the ninth nuclear power in the world. Not wise.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Kim should have been dealt with long ago, before he got the Nukes. He is one person who should not have nukes. Why do we have to wait for him to launch a nuclear weapon before we nuke his capital buildings.. He says he is going to preempt a strike, if we blow apart his launchers and silohs, it would be much harder for him to do so. His subs also have missile launching capability on some of them. I think they got around sixty subs.

Eight years ago Obama should have done something about him instead of ignoring him. It gave kim a lot of time under Obama to grow stronger.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Tsun Tsu

Appear weak when you are strong,strong when you are weak.

Never take anything at face value.
edit on 17-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Seems to be a lull in the storm. I can see a deal in the making where China absorbs NK, into a most friendly nation status, and then gets the place going with an open border with the South. But Kim wont go quietly into the night, that will be after what is going to happen. The place is the most fortified place on Earth, with the worlds third biggest standing army. Ready to fight on their turf. Dicey is an understatement.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I will allow myself to repeat it again...

They put satellite into orbit, more difficult than assembling ICBMs.
I might believe they're capable to hit anything they want with nuclear warheads.
JMO

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
When Trump and gang start heading to a bunker then start worrying. Right now nothing's going to happen, Pence is in SK and Trump is at his home, and the rest of DC are going on as usual. It's when you see odd out of normal things is when shtf.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
North Korea is a good example of what Sun Tzu cautioned against.

The greatest warrior wins without fighting.

Mr.Kim has chosen the path of conflict.

In a situation where defeat is inevitable.

He could have kept quiet and had peace.

War is not for the unrealistic egotist.

Mr.Kim should have studied Sun Tzu more carefully.

I'm sure his Chinese friends did.

Time for them to deal with their flawed creation.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As I have stated on another thread, we can all see the pieces being manoeuvred into place, with the slow incremental build up of military assets off the NK peninsula.

Bear in mind that NK fully believe that their only real defence is to use nukes, and they do have them, and can deliver them upon South Korea and Japan, and I for one accept that they will use them without so much as a sweat breaking upon their foreheads. I am sceptical about most things, on this issue I am not, nor am I easily fooled.

When it does break out, you and I will be asleep, and if nukes are used, either by NK or by America, one has to ponder the question...Do other nuclear-armed countries wait and see or launch their own nukes in a 'use them or lose them' scenario?

It's food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join