It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-North Korea Nuclear War ‘May Break Out at Any Moment,’ Pyongyang’s UN Ambassador Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Perhaps Un can't. The same can not be said of his military. According to everything I've read, or seen, they're well equipped, well trained, and fanatical in their devotion to Un's family cult. The tech is several cuts below what the south would bring to the table, or Japan and the U.S.--but it'd be counter-balanced, at least somewhat, by sheer fanaticism. Not to mention they'd get the first shot in.

People need to quit thinking it'd be a cake walk. NoKo has been prepping for this war, or the continuation of the last, for half a century. Yes, the US and its allies would probably win, but it wouldn't be easy or bloodless.

Thermonuclear? Nope. Human wave? Quite possibly.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If it true that 3 carrier groups will be in the Sea of Japan, that would support a massive conventional countermeasure to Kim bad behavior. It would also place them is excellent position for shooting down any Kim missiles that actually get off the ground.

Still lots to worry about.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
With no ocean-based battle "armadas" in the area for another week, what could the U.S. do if fat boy tested a nuclear weapon between now and then? We're talking pretty tough. Can we back it up right now?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Don't confuse diplomacy with 'help'. They are not mutually exclusive, and the Chinese talk a better game than most. They haven't offered up any help at all.

More to the point the Chinese and the Russians currently have naval intelligence ships tailing the movements of the Vinson as we speak. They aren't helping. They are monitoring. One of many sources

Wait until later in the month when the Foal Eagle exercises ramp up. We'll see what that provokes.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No one wants to die.

No one wants to die stupidly.

Kimmy's army isn't any different.

In my opinion.

link   

The source of that Zerohedge article you linked, Yonhap is apparently not reporting accurate news. The defense article I linked said the claim was flatly denied.

link   

But we can't (and shouldn't) commit to maintaining 3 battle-groups in that region, just to keep Kim Jong pinned to the mat. His rein will outlast the next 5 or 6 U.S. Presidents.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

For all I know they let of 10,000 tons of tnt in a cave and are bluffing with a pair of twos,what they do have is enough biological and chemical warfare capabilities to be a nuisance.Its the artillery pieces within range of Seoul not necessarily nukes that are to me a concern.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

The source of that Zerohedge article you linked, Yonhap is apparently not reporting accurate news. The defense article I linked said the claim was flatly denied.

Are you referring to the potential that all 3 carrier battle groups could be near North Korea by April 25th?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Absolutely.

Seoul would be devastated in fairly short order. I've a couple of friends living in the 'burbs of Seoul, I'd rather they not be subject to an artillery barrage.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yup.

Officials did, however, flatly deny reports that three U.S. carrier strike groups were being directed to mass off the Korean peninsula in a few weeks.

edit on 17-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Speculation has been rising that the Ronald Reagan and Nimitz strike groups could join with the Vinson. The Japan-based carrier Reagan, however, is in a maintenance period at Yokosuka scheduled to complete in May. The Bremerton, Washington-based Nimitz and her strike group is off Southern California, nearing the completion of its major pre-deployment exercise. The ship is scheduled to deploy this spring to relieve the Vinson in the Western Pacific.

edit on 17-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I hope you're right, my friend.

The NoKo military needs to think about that and, perhaps, give some thought to removing the fat little poof, I mean their leader.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

But we can't (and shouldn't) commit to maintaining 3 battle-groups in that region, just to keep Kim Jong pinned to the mat. His rein will outlast the next 5 or 6 U.S. Presidents.

If the three battle group rumor is true it wouldn't in my opinion be long term. Mostly to push China into taking care of Kim themselves. The Russians nor the Chinese want THAD missiles and battle groups so close to them. All of that goes away as soon as China removes Kim. And don't think for a minute that they can't do it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Extremely foolish. The nukes are the major concern. If it came to conventional shooting match between the DPRK and the South, eventually the South would win. They still keep gas masks and food rations readily available in the massive underground sections of the city.

The true 'Trump card' (yay puns are fun) is nuclear weapons. By the US count they have in between 9 and 15 nuclear weapons. Thats enough for the threat to be taken very, very seriously. Especially since targets number one and two are South Korea and Japan.

Reference my previous posts. If you guys want the real deal intelligence about DPRK read up on David S Maxwell and Joseph DeTrani.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Pretty much yeah. There are several options, none of which are exactly pleasant to contemplate.

What else could be off shore of NoKo? A submarine or two with tomahawks sitting in the launchers/tubes? Using the neither confirmed or denied option North Korea (god forbid) could be pretty well glassed over.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yup.

Officials did, however, flatly deny reports that three U.S. carrier strike groups were being directed to mass off the Korean peninsula in a few weeks.

First three rules of intel 1) deny. 2). Deny. 3). DENY

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Yup.

First three rules of intel 1) deny. 2). Deny. 3). DENY

HAHAHAHA

Thats actually not in any of the rules of intelligence. The widely accepted rules of intelligence count 13... Deny is not among one of them.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Wait korea has maybe 60 bombs that we are unsure of their reliability. The use could turn the north to glass 100 times over.... why should i worry......

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
With no ocean-based battle "armadas" in the area for another week, what could the U.S. do if fat boy tested a nuclear weapon between now and then? We're talking pretty tough. Can we back it up right now?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

no, they do not have 60 nuclear weapons. Where did you get that number?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join