It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and The Coming Storm

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: icanteven

Sorry, not a Christian prayer, I see no mention of Jesus.

You do know what Christianity is, right? Need me to explain it to you through a simple Google search?

HOLY BIBLE = JESUS

Why are you getting an attitude with me? I am referencing and basing my opinions off what you linked? It's pretty clear to understand.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

It has mysteries and these mysteries arent for me to know because I do not belong to the fraternity. It's simple and not so hard to understand, really.

You know you can BUY every single book that are available to Freemasons, right? Even libraries have them.

The only things that aren't generally made public is the accounts, passwords and knocks, but you can still find some of them online.

Freemasonry, the super evil, super secret society that has their information out for everyone to see. So very secret lol.
edit on 1842017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You said..

I suppose someone can lie but I don't see the benefit, the rituals revolve around belief in God.

I ask..

Which God?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

You said..

I suppose someone can lie but I don't see the benefit, the rituals revolve around belief in God.

I ask..

Which God?

I can answer that.

ANY, as long as it/they is/are a supreme being.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Slow down. I´m not accusing you of lying, I asked you to be honest. That means go into yourself and be honest, not "do not lie to me".

Here in my neck of the woods they believe in God. To say there is no belief in God within a Lodge... is a b.s..

It´s about the concept of accepting that there is a higher force. You don´t need to believe in a god or whatever your prejudice tells you to think about freemasonry. The concept of god like you think of it does not exist in freemasonry. Religion and politics is not discussed at the lodge.

I am very open minded but see through the BS and dont like to be talked down to as if I have no clue what Im talking about.

But you have no clue. You understood nothing. Forget everything you think you know about freemasonry and re-approach the topic again. You are also very rude and childish when you acuse me of talking down to you the way you do.

It's simple and not so hard to understand, really.

That´s your conclusion, you are entitled to it, even if it´s wrong.

By the way, you avoided to answer my question. I wonder why that is.
edit on 18-4-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Freemasonry doesn't define a Mason's religion or faith.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It has mysteries and these mysteries arent for me to know because I do not belong to the fraternity. It's simple and not so hard to understand, really.

You know you can BUY ever single book that are available to Freemasons, right? Even libraries have them.

The only things that aren't generally made public is the accounts, passwords and knocks, but you can still find some of them online.

Freemasonry, the super evil, super secret society that has their information out for everyone to see. So very secret lol.

You are running with assumptions. Maybe you can clarify where I EVER said it was "super evil"? The fraternity DOES have mysteries or your member form wouldn't state. "I believe in the existence of a Supreme Being. I further state that of my own
free will and for the genuine desire to learn the mysteries of Freemasonry"

I don't even care if you are taught mysteries or if you believe in God or Lucifer.. I really dont. What I do care about is being treated as if I shouldnt be respected and talk down to me like I am a child when I reference a contradiction to a statement made in this thread.

I have visited my local lodge and are very good friends with a Master Mason who isn't so rude nor is he unwilling to teach me his ways of being a Master. For this reason I do assume other lodges are taught different teachings and different Masons are more genuine than others. It's evident in this very thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The teachings aren't that secret. You can find every book, every ceremony and even the meanings behind them online.

The "mysteries" are actually personal mysteries, not what you get taught, but what you learn.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I understand all of that. Earlier in the thread a couple of members denounced religious ceremonies or belief in the Lodge. Went so far to say there are atheists in the practice, however all I have read including but not limited to the membership form states you must believe in a higher power or "supreme being" which has been my whole point.

One sentence saying you don't believe in God and then the next must believe in a higher supreme being and the root of all of it being based on the Holy Bible ( again referencing the membership form) is contradictory in my opinion.

Being replied to from one member after the other on this thread as if I am making stuff up is very confusing when I am basing these opinions from the membership form Augustus posted in a link for all to read. GTG for now..

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Some do not want to see,
some want, but never see.
some want, but have to be shown to see,
some will see it by themselfs over time.

The behavior and aggresiveness you show, MamaJ, do not mach the image you try to convey in other threads. Why are you so bitter on this topic? Has it to do with the question I asked you, that you seemingly do not want to answer?

Can we keep a normal discussion without sidetracking into childish arguments? Here is you´re chance

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You can have a belief in a supreme being or beings, but not a god.

Here's an example.

Some people have the belief that the atoms that run through everything are what makes up the supreme being or beings, which then would mean they don't believe in a singular god (like in Christianity, for example).

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Being replied to from one member after the other on this thread as if I am making stuff up is very confusing when I am basing these opinions from the membership form Augustus posted in a link for all to read. GTG for now..

With much respect towards Augustus, he´s not speaking for every mason. There are multiple masons in this thread, everyone will tell it a little bit different. Some of it will miss informations that you have to understand for yourself. That´s the whole point. There is a very deep sense in the 4 lines I posted. Those are not the exact lines btw.

Like it has been said, two lodges are not alike. There is a general consens about the principles of masonry. It also depends on your own journey/way.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Which God?

Well, I don't believe in organised religion or Gods or deities. But i do believe in *something/s* far greater than myself. What is that? It's personal to me, and for me, that is my 'supreme' being, as it were. That's why I can honestly answer 'yes' to the question asked during one's initiation.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Hello MamaJ.

Continental Grand Orient affiliated Freemasonry and many other Co-Freemasonic Orders encourage the absolute freedom of conscience to their members. They admit morally upright men and women, regardless of having or lacking any belief, religion, spirituality, philosophy, ideology, or atheism.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

HOLY BIBLE = JESUS

I guess those Jew-y Christians wrote the Old Testament.

Why are you getting an attitude with me? I am referencing and basing my opinions off what you linked? It's pretty clear to understand.

Considering my reply that you are quoting was addressed to another poster why are you asking me if I am getting anything with you regarding this reply?

edit on 18-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I ask..

Which God?

God.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You said..

I ask..

Which God?

The single omnipotent creator of all that is. he goes by different names in different religions and countries, but the overall idea is that one entity (for lack of a better word) created the universe and all that it includes, along with all the other universes that exist. masons don't put a label on that due to the inclusive nature of the membership. it's not our place to determine which religion is more correct, only for the individual mason to try his best to understand his creator.

It's the key to my love of the craft. I call God "God", while others may call him Allah, or Jahova, or Sam. I believe religion hampers the ability for man of different faiths to work together, where masonry embraces that.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I ask..

Which God?

God.

they guy you pray to when you have consumed way to many long island ice teas?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
they guy you pray to when you have consumed way to many long island ice teas?

If Satan could be a beverage it would be Long Island Ice Teas.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I got no dog (Anubis) in this fight( jihad)

Interesting that threads about freemasonry, Islam and Christianity seem to be the most controversial. No great insight there just an empirical observation

Personally, I like and respect freemasonry, though not one myself.

I respect any group that sincerely seeks higher knowledge

Its clearly not a religion, though has elements of religion.

Something that has elements of something else doesn’t make it that something else

The massive propaganda of hatred towards freemasonry by many hysterical conspiratorial thinkers down the years has bred a hatred for freemasonry in many quarters.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join