It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Bin Laden was an enemy of the USA at the time but he denied any involvement in 9-11,you might want to see who the Unocal pipeline lobbyist was at the time,yes Mr Karzai the guy who the US installed as leader...same as Syria oil gas and pipelines thereof

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Oh there is rather a simply way to end the problem but down that road lies the loss of our humanity and the death of 22% of the worlds population never mind how many others would die in the process.

Which is ample reason why both sides need to confront there problems(laughable really considering there Abrahamic origins), put aside there petty religious indifference and go after the real culprits who profit from both sides of these religious conflicts throughout the centuries.

Never happen all the same.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yes but just like nukes or gas this type of weaponry does not discriminate.

Cant be sure you going to just kill terrorists.

When you drop it where we dropped it, you can be sure it's just going to kill terrorists. Unless there is a family picnicking in the middle of a remote mountain region that is also a stronghold for the nastiest terror regime in modern history. Then you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I mean, it's not like we dropped the bomb on a business in the middle of a big city with thousands of innocent people.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Lockheed martin is always making kickass stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

LOLOLOL!!!! You got that right!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I suppose it may have been videoed for the benefit of KJU, and a live test to prove our dollars are being spent in order to prolong the ______?

Can ya guess the word I omitted?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

2 nuclear bombs, twice unfortunately for luck.

Argument being that it saved lives but the real reason was to get Russians attention and stop them from invading quite a bit of the rest of Europe, never mind the rest of the far east.
edit on 13-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

They are one of the big three, right now their stuff is off the chart, is interesting that the technology is on going.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

Some of these thermobaric weapons have a similar destructive force to a battlefield nuke.

Yes they are being used to destroy caves and terrorist right now, but should there use ever become common place one has to wonder if it would remain that way.

Think of the destruction and devastation one of these things may cause if ever dropped in the middle of a major town or city?

I could understand the concern if this was a nuke, due to radiation reaching innocent people, but it has no radiation to worry about. None of these bombs will be dropped on a major town, at least not in America. I don't know about defense systems elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I mourn all the animals that had to die today, and no I don't mean the Daeshers.

Although I'd like to actually wait and hear about the results before doing any cheering, if it did what it intended to do so be it.

Not much point in complaining about the size of this thing. If they would have dropped many smaller ones people would probably not complain as much. I admit it gave me a bit of a scare at first but thinking more rationally about it, it's not much different from what's been happening for so long now.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: lostbook

Looks like our politicians didn't have enough no-bid contracts going out to fulfill all of the demand. They have a lot of favors to return, so it looks like they are speeding up the destruction and rebuilding process.

USA! USA! USA!

Murder is patriotic, as long as people are making a ton of money and are working under an "official" capacity!

There are 194 other countries you can move to if you don't like America.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

2 nuclear bombs, twice unfortunately for luck.

Argument being that it saved lives but the real reason was to get Russians attention and stop them from invading quite a bit of the rest of Europe, never mind the rest of the far east.
u

Oh my god!
Someone that actually understands why we nuked Japan!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, I guess MOAB can trace its lineage back to things like the British 22,000 lb Grandslam bomb which contained c. 9,000 lb of Torpex. Bigger then the British Tallboy that was more widely used. However, these bombs were designed to penetrate, while MOAB is not, so that’s a difference.

Here's a bit of history to inform those who want to be informed, and I hope this historical intervention is not seen as off topic.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Balans

I have to take my time and read your post twice to get it.

I guess the reason one big bomb was chosen is because the complains on the last 50 missiles in Syria.

Yes I am joking, I am sure it has to do with the type of landscape in the area and the tunnels where the terrorist group hide.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
ISIS/DAESH are being beaten in their last occupation in Iraq, which is Mosul. They're cornered in Syria. How did they suddenly appear 2500km to the east in eastern Afghanistan, close to the Pakistani border?? Or is this a dumb question?

They're apparently the former Taliban allied with ISIS for the past 3 years or so.
en.wikipedia.org...
ISIS... call today for exciting franchise opportunities.

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

He's not a bitch.

So we're escalating in Afghanistan , still have troops in iraq, looking at putting troops into Syria, and now escalation and talk of troops on the ground for NK....

Just how sustainable do you suppose this is and on how many fronts before we are overtaken?

History shows consistently wars on too many fronts brings the downfall of empires....

This isn't bravado, this is suicide.....

link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

What do you mean what is wrong with your President? He's just your average ordinary fascist.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It is unfortunate about the innocent animals being killed.

At least the goats and donkeys were put out of the misery of being raped on a daily basis.

It was a mercy killing.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Darn you good, I was going to make a comment alone the lines but I could not find the right words.

I mean I am sure that most of the local animals where already been consumed by whomever is been hiding underground.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

China is taking care of NK. No need in worrying about them. We'll be perfectly fine.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join